Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3436512 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34160 on: September 13, 2019, 08:41:53 pm »
Is Wan Bissaka a good player then? Ive seen him a few times v us and thought he looked a good player,but as far as other games go in the premier league ive seen fuck all of him.

Im only asking cos people seem to scoff at any sign of his name being mentioned,which actually surprises me
15 years ago he would have been considered really good.

But nowadays, the full backs are absolutely essential parts of a team’s attacking plan

And Wan can’t do it.  His passing is poor, his crossing hardly exists and he doesn’t make useful contribution to attacking play.

His you tube clips are of him making slide tackles.... when a smart full back wouldn’t need to.

He’s a good full back fir a different era.  Personally I think he’s out of his depth at that level.  Can he defend, yes.  But they’re better off as a team if Ashley Young plays as full back.

I rest my case M’lud
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline mickeydocs

• Legacy Fan
  • Jurgen Klopp - best Liverpool coach since Paisley
Re: "Green and Gold, it's Ol8 from Molde!" Pogba: An Enigma wrapped in a noodle.
« Reply #34161 on: September 13, 2019, 09:03:32 pm »
1.Pool

Thoughts? Am I wrong?

Who calls us Pool?
It’s easy to believe when it’s going well.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34162 on: September 13, 2019, 09:05:59 pm »
When even your PR Department gives up on you.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/13/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-credibility-tactics-coaching

Oh, they're not giving up.  That article is still full of the illusion that Solskjaer isn't actually miles out of his depth.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34163 on: September 13, 2019, 09:19:35 pm »

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/sep/13/ole-gunnar-solskjaer-manchester-united-credibility-tactics-coaching

When he took over on 2 January 2014 Cardiff were fourth-bottom and hardly stable off the field. There had been a stand-off between Vincent Tan, the owner, and Malky Mackay, which culminated in the Scot’s sacking as manager, and there was supporter disgruntlement at the Malaysian’s decision to change team colours from blue to red.

Yet Solskjær – admirably – took full responsibility for overseeing relegation. This occurred after he lost 12 of 18 Premier League games, managing three wins and a total of 12 points from the available 54.

Although Solskjær was removed eight games into the following season after winning two of the first six Championship matches

Yeh, well done Ole.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34164 on: September 13, 2019, 09:29:48 pm »
Yeh, well done Ole.

I'll be honest, if he does the same to Man Utd, I'll be saying he's done an admirable job too.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #34165 on: September 13, 2019, 09:39:56 pm »
That article is brilliantly patronising.

"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34166 on: September 13, 2019, 09:51:25 pm »
He’s ok, but he’s not £50m good. Relatively solid defensively but not very good going forward.

How would he compare to Clyne?
@Yvanicuzz

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34167 on: September 13, 2019, 09:52:50 pm »
Can't help myself?

Mate, if you'd paid attention in that E Licence course, I wouldn't have to.

Understand?

Understand what?  Are you arguing that Rodgers will be more adventurous or what exactly are you saying other than two defensive first midfielders isn't a double pivot? 

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34168 on: September 13, 2019, 09:55:09 pm »
Wijnaldum and Henderson can both play as DMs, and we have seen them in double pivots both together and with Fabinho. However, in our standard formation we play all 3 of them together yet only one of them is a DM. So why can't Choudry be capable of playing both in the 2 of a '2-1 midfield' and in the 2 of a '1-2 midfield'?

Seems to me like there's two questions here; double pivot or single pivot and if only single pivot, Choudry or Praet?

Personally I would think he'd be wise to start with the single pivot and press the fuck out of that United back line and midfield, which lack the technical ability to not turn the ball over cheaply. Then if they find themselves in the lead at halftime, switch to the double pivot and conserve energy/protect the lead.

With Martial and Pogba out, I think United would struggle to break Leicester down in such a situation, and we know how lethal the Maddison/Vardy combo is on the counter.. So, rather than going balls out in the first half, Brendan might play it safe and back his side to keep their shape and pick United off.

Either way, if Leicester defend well I can see them taking the 3 points here.

You think that highly of Choudry?

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #34169 on: September 13, 2019, 10:18:10 pm »

But nowadays, the full backs are absolutely essential parts of a team’s attacking plan

And Wan can’t do it.  His passing is poor, his crossing hardly exists and he doesn’t make useful contribution to attacking play.

His you tube clips are of him making slide tackles.... when a smart full back wouldn’t need to.

He’s a good full back fir a different era.  Personally I think he’s out of his depth at that level.  Can he defend, yes.  But they’re better off as a team if Ashley Young plays as full back.

I rest my case M’lud

Great points Tepid, was thinking the same. A good defender and a good fullback are 2 different things. I think Gomez for us is a perfect example. Or does anyone remember how painful it was when Carragher had to play RB?

Also of note, is that Wan Bissaka had the misfortune of Hodgson coaching him during his formative years. Everyone should remember how Hodgson wants his full backs to play: all defensive and conservative. As Tepid says, that just doesn't cut it anymore.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #34170 on: September 13, 2019, 10:21:46 pm »
Great points Tepid, was thinking the same. A good defender and a good fullback are 2 different things. I think Gomez for us is a perfect example. Or does anyone remember how painful it was when Carragher had to play RB?

Also of note, is that Wan Bissaka had the misfortune of Hodgson coaching him during his formative years. Everyone should remember how Hodgson wants his full backs to play: all defensive and conservative. As Tepid says, that just doesn't cut it anymore.
Gomez can pass better than Wan too.

I don’t think we can lay the blame at the bitter, incompetent, lice ridden, bewildered, self aggrandising, owl faced c*nt of a buffoon on this occasion.

He is what he is.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #34171 on: September 13, 2019, 10:27:19 pm »

I rest my case M’lud

Cafu and Carlos say hi with a whole bunch of others
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34172 on: September 13, 2019, 10:29:54 pm »

Both good posts. The game has moved on significantly, the full back position is of utmost importance in an attacking sense now, particularly in a set up like ours.

Offline slaphead

• Nothing up top.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #34173 on: September 13, 2019, 10:34:26 pm »
I love it when they say all that stuff.  :D It's the kind of drivel they used to come out with in the 70s and 80s when they were dire on the pitch but very mouthy off it.

Oleh has also just been on Granada Reports saying De Gea is ''the best 'keeper in the world'' too.  :)

Sorry Oleh, you are convincing no one.  :wave

Ole does love living in the past doesn't he He also has that great knack of saying what the fans want to hear and then something they really do not want to hear in the same sentence

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #34174 on: September 13, 2019, 10:53:55 pm »
Ole does love living in the past doesn't he He also has that great knack of saying what the fans want to hear and then something they really do not want to hear in the same sentence
Like 'man utd have the money to compete at the top table and I'll be manager for years to come!?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34175 on: September 13, 2019, 11:06:22 pm »
Like 'man utd have the money to compete at the top table and I'll be manager for years to come!?

:lmao
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34176 on: September 13, 2019, 11:15:20 pm »
Oh, they're not giving up.  That article is still full of the illusion that Solskjaer isn't actually miles out of his depth.
Exactly  :wave Ole's waving, clear as mud it is.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #34177 on: September 14, 2019, 01:23:58 am »
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
« Reply #34178 on: September 14, 2019, 01:41:23 am »

I don’t think we can lay the blame at the bitter, incompetent, lice ridden, bewildered, self aggrandising, owl faced c*nt of a buffoon on this occasion.

I think you can blame a lot on what system a player comes up in. Would you prefer a youth player that was developed at, say, Ajax, Barcelona or Dortmund or one that was developed at Crystal Palace that had direction and input from such great football minds as Holloway, Pulis, Pardew, Allardyce and Hodgson (seriously not an exaggeration - all have been CP managers over the past decade.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
« Reply #34179 on: September 14, 2019, 02:23:03 am »
1.Pool
2.City
3.Arse
4.Spurs
5.Leicester
6.Chelsea
7.The Ev
8. Man Utd
9. West Ham

Thoughts? Am I wrong?

Wolves replace Chelsea, Everton and Manu battling for 12th.

otherwise, seems legit.

Offline Gutzon Borglum

• Kopite
« Reply #34180 on: September 14, 2019, 04:49:35 am »
You think that highly of Choudry?

Don't think his technical quality is on the same level as the other midfield options Leicester have, but he has decent enough physicality and tactical discipline to do a job for you in midfield.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34181 on: September 14, 2019, 04:59:52 am »

Solskjær worried about 'tough' Leicester game as Pogba adds to injury woes – video
Ole Gunnar Solskjær asked to be judged on this season and, four matches in, his credibility is being questioned within Manchester’s United squad.

Before Leicester City arrive at Old Trafford on Saturday there is disquiet that Solskjær’s coaching may lack sophistication, and he is yet to earn complete respect from those players who are sceptical.

Despite being popular on a personal level and having a relaxed man-management style, there are further doubts over the 46-year-old’s tactical acumen, with his record at Cardiff City, whom he took down to the Championship in May 2014, being cited.

Those doubtful of Solskjær are still to be convinced, too, that his methods can improve them in the way that those, say, of Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp and Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola have with their respective players.

His two years in charge of United reserves indicate that he is an original thinker. One example offered by a member of the side Solskjær managed to the 2009-10 Premier Reserve League title is of him asking players to switch positions during sessions to greater understand the other’s role.

:lmao switching positions. So innovative
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34182 on: September 14, 2019, 05:30:29 am »
Those doubtful of Solskjær are still to be convinced, too, that his methods can improve them in the way that those, say, of Liverpool’s Jürgen Klopp and Manchester City’s Pep Guardiola have with their respective players.

They were expecting Klopp and Baldy-level improvement

from

Ole

Gunnar

Solskjaer?
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #34183 on: September 14, 2019, 06:52:31 am »

He's a pioneer.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline capt k

• aaaaaaaavemaaaaaaaaan!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • id rather be fishing
« Reply #34184 on: September 14, 2019, 07:31:12 am »
sounds like the keys  must have fell out the ignition
JFT 96

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You've all got it wrong about Ole Wan.

He's going to be better than Trent because he used to be a winger but he can also defend meaning Ole can coach him to become a modern day attacking fullback.

Obviously their view of football is a bit skewed as they actually think they have a better midfield than ours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34186 on: September 14, 2019, 08:42:10 am »
The worst top 6 squad ever?

#mufc squad against Leicester: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Jones, Young, McTominay, Matic, Andreas, Fred, Mata, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood, Rashford, James
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #34187 on: September 14, 2019, 09:24:16 am »
The worst top 6 squad ever?

#mufc squad against Leicester: De Gea, Romero, Grant, Wan-Bissaka, Lindelof, Maguire, Tuanzebe, Jones, Young, McTominay, Matic, Andreas, Fred, Mata, Gomes, Chong, Greenwood, Rashford, James

They`re top 6?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #34188 on: September 14, 2019, 10:08:53 am »
DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McTominay Matic Fred
Mata Rashford James

That's their likely lineup today. I'd take DDG and AWB for our bench, that's about it.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dimwit

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • this is what depression will do to you
You've all got it wrong about Ole Wan.

He's going to be better than Trent because he used to be a winger but he can also defend meaning Ole can coach him to become a modern day attacking fullback.

Obviously their view of football is a bit skewed as they actually think they have a better midfield than ours [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

You go and wash you keyboard right now.

That's blasphemy

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34191 on: September 14, 2019, 10:12:35 am »
DDG
AWB Lindelof Maguire Young
McTominay Matic Fred
Mata Rashford James

That's their likely lineup today. I'd take DDG and AWB for our bench, that's about it.

That midfield  :lmao

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #34192 on: September 14, 2019, 10:27:30 am »

I rest my case M’lud

I was thinking he might make a better centre half.

Better than Jones or Lindebop
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #34193 on: September 14, 2019, 10:57:43 am »
It's so simple
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #34194 on: September 14, 2019, 11:02:14 am »
Cafu and Carlos say hi with a whole bunch of others

And don't forget Chris Lawler, one of the first attacking full backs.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34195 on: September 14, 2019, 12:14:47 pm »
I wish that baby faced twat would get sacked simply so I don't have to hear him pronounce the word club again.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #34196 on: September 14, 2019, 02:11:43 pm »

:lmao
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34197 on: September 14, 2019, 02:28:03 pm »
Don't think his technical quality is on the same level as the other midfield options Leicester have, but he has decent enough physicality and tactical discipline to do a job for you in midfield.

I think he's a liability from the small footage I've seen over him
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #34198 on: September 14, 2019, 02:58:03 pm »
Any streams?
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline Mozology

• Legacy Fan
  • FSG, spend some fucking money, miserable bastards
« Reply #34199 on: September 14, 2019, 03:03:06 pm »
Went from Beckham, Keane, Scholes and Giggs to Pereira, McTominay and Matic  ;D

Fucking hell that's a mid table Championship midfield three.