Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2819552 times)

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8440 on: March 20, 2019, 04:40:03 pm »
Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)
Very hard to do that without a physical and mental drop off at some point

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

Salah is my brother, man but I disagree. He had 2 breaks. One in the sun that wasn't sunny, and one in Arabia. Both accounted for losing rhythm... as we might all remember he was firing before that first "break".
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8441 on: March 20, 2019, 10:28:14 pm »
I want to complain much about Salah and slating him badly but when I remember this... I just keep quiet and just look forward.

Only about six years ago as well, we sure have come far.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8442 on: March 20, 2019, 10:44:32 pm »
Any kind of break is crucial for him at this stage - there's no way he isn't tired.
After playing the entirety of last season without a real break he got injured, rushed back and went to the world cup then a short break including rehabbing the injury and into preseason.
Since then he's played almost every game for us and (without checking) played the most minutes of any outfield player ... during that time he's recorded the most sprints per game of anyone in the league (!!!)
Very hard to do that without a physical and mental drop off at some point

Honestly our handling of him hasn't been great but then he's our most important player so you accept him at 90% of his max is better than the alternatives.
Hope he's getting rest these two weeks and it gets him closer to his best for the run in.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8443 on: March 21, 2019, 12:43:05 am »

hypnotic! :)

too tired to argue but goal scorers/goal creators > defenders
either way Salah being at the top of his game is important if we want to win stuff

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8444 on: March 21, 2019, 01:36:41 am »
« Last Edit: March 21, 2019, 01:40:42 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #8445 on: March 21, 2019, 12:03:34 pm »
Brilliant use of Virgil gifs there! 8)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8446 on: March 21, 2019, 02:58:24 pm »
hypnotic! :)

too tired to argue but goal scorers/goal creators > defenders
either way Salah being at the top of his game is important if we want to win stuff

Think we've had this discussion before so i'll agree to disagree but i'd 100% be more concerned if Virgil was out injured than Salah

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8447 on: March 21, 2019, 03:38:12 pm »
So he's at Melwood for the whole international break?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8448 on: March 21, 2019, 03:53:02 pm »
So he's at Melwood for the whole international break?

I'd have thought he's got a few days off first, hopefully he's on a beach in Egypt.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8449 on: March 21, 2019, 03:53:52 pm »
I'd have thought he's got a few days off first, hopefully he's on a beach in Egypt.

Nice, I just assumed he'd be off playing every minute of some pointless friendlies somewhere.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8450 on: March 21, 2019, 03:54:27 pm »
Think we've had this discussion before so i'll agree to disagree but i'd 100% be more concerned if Virgil was out injured than Salah

That’s not agreeing to disagree that’s making your argument again .... used that one myself :)
As you said I’ve posted my view elsewhere and wasn’t really looking to talk about it in the original post that got quoted. They’re both very good at football let’s leave it at that

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8451 on: March 21, 2019, 07:41:07 pm »
That’s not agreeing to disagree that’s making your argument again .... used that one myself :)
As you said I’ve posted my view elsewhere and wasn’t really looking to talk about it in the original post that got quoted. They’re both very good at football let’s leave it at that

Nah i'm simply saying we'll 100% not agree on this but this is part of why I feel Virgils more important, there is no 'argument'

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8452 on: March 21, 2019, 07:46:15 pm »
Brilliant use of Virgil gifs there! 8)

Such a giant of a man, even his gifs are monstrous!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8453 on: March 21, 2019, 11:38:25 pm »
Jesus christ, good reminder to be happy with what we got!

Wijnaldum top left. wtf?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8454 on: March 22, 2019, 12:36:23 am »
Nathan Eccleston I think  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #8455 on: March 22, 2019, 01:19:11 am »
Nathan Eccleston I think  ;D

Just looked him up - he's basically retired.

He was really well regarded back in the day. I bet he didn't think that he wasn't even going to hit double digits in goals in his whole career when he started out.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #8456 on: March 22, 2019, 09:08:32 am »
Only about six years ago as well, we sure have come far.
Enrique looks like he's just rolled out of bed......or just rolled a spliff...and smoked it.

Who's that bloke to his left who looks like Igor Biscan? At first I thought someone who done a really bad photoshop with head to body  :o

p.s. to be fair, I think that pic is from a pre-season friendly, so even at the best of times the team would have a few 'fringe' players in it. Would be better to show one of our poorer teams for a proper game around that era....might be slightly better.....but only slightly  ;D
« Last Edit: March 22, 2019, 09:10:07 am by Jon2lfc »

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #8457 on: March 22, 2019, 09:09:48 am »
Nice, I just assumed he'd be off playing every minute of some pointless friendlies somewhere.
did he not travel?
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8458 on: March 22, 2019, 09:45:37 am »
did he not travel?

No. Looks like he's abroad somewhere though

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #8459 on: March 22, 2019, 11:13:00 am »
Enrique looks like he's just rolled out of bed......or just rolled a spliff...and smoked it.

Who's that bloke to his left who looks like Igor Biscan? At first I thought someone who done a really bad photoshop with head to body  :o

p.s. to be fair, I think that pic is from a pre-season friendly, so even at the best of times the team would have a few 'fringe' players in it. Would be better to show one of our poorer teams for a proper game around that era....might be slightly better.....but only slightly  ;D

Ryan McLaughlin I think
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #8460 on: March 22, 2019, 11:54:42 am »
I don't get the fuss really as I think he's generally been playing well and has been providing important assists etc

His assist for Mane's 2nd v Bayern was sublime.  Ok, so his deadly finishing has deserted him at the moment but he's getting everything else right and very soon those shots are going to go in without him even thinking. Not sure if it's the 50 goals thing but he's obviously overthinking for a split second at the minute.  Hopefully he does to Spurs what he did last year at Anfield and then can't stop scoring till the end of the season!
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8461 on: March 22, 2019, 11:58:52 am »
I don't get the fuss really as I think he's generally been playing well and has been providing important assists etc

His assist for Mane's 2nd v Bayern was sublime.  Ok, so his deadly finishing has deserted him at the moment but he's getting everything else right and very soon those shots are going to go in without him even thinking. Not sure if it's the 50 goals thing but he's obviously overthinking for a split second at the minute.  Hopefully he does to Spurs what he did last year at Anfield and then can't stop scoring till the end of the season!
the fuss is hasnt been scoring.

to be fair he was unreal vs watford and in other games. i know michael owen isnt everyones cup of tea but he once said he would rather get 10 chances and miss them all than not get any, because he knew he would eventually put the chances away

salah is the same, hopefully hits a run for the rest of the season.

the assist was brilliant. need to see more of that though because there has been games where he could have squared it and didnt and either missed or lost the ball.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #8462 on: March 22, 2019, 12:02:14 pm »

to be fair he was unreal vs watford and in other games. i know michael owen isnt everyones cup of tea but he once said he would rather get 10 chances and miss them all than not get any, because he knew he would eventually put the chances away

the assist was brilliant. need to see more of that though because there has been games where he could have squared it and didnt and either missed or lost the ball.

Yep.

I think we'll see him come to life in the CL.  Porto and possibly Barcelona along with Chelsea and Spurs in the Prem is where his season could be defined (as well as scoring the winner in the CL final!)  ;-)
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8463 on: March 22, 2019, 12:24:47 pm »

Yep.

I think we'll see him come to life in the CL.  Porto and possibly Barcelona along with Chelsea and Spurs in the Prem is where his season could be defined (as well as scoring the winner in the CL final!)  ;-)
lucky mane has stepped up.

be nice if salah did do what you said for obvious reason but even more so after the final last year when he was taken out.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8464 on: March 22, 2019, 12:32:09 pm »
did he not travel?

The Egyptian FA announced a month or so ago that they were giving him a break.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8465 on: March 22, 2019, 12:35:44 pm »
The Egyptian FA announced a month or so ago that they were giving him a break.
cool. i didnt know that. thanks

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8466 on: March 22, 2019, 05:02:22 pm »

I thought Sunday against Fulham was his worst in a while. Him not scoring isn't a major issue, as whereas against Watford, Burnley and Bayern he was contributing and causing problems for them. Against Fulham however, his decision making was awful, we could have been, out of sight had his, and others, been better. Thankfully it didn't cost us but hopefully that was just an aberration and he back to it against Tottenham because it's easily fixed.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8467 on: March 22, 2019, 05:29:50 pm »
No. Looks like he's abroad somewhere though

Well his hairs pretty curly but he still looks like a man to me.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #8468 on: March 22, 2019, 06:11:55 pm »
lucky mane has stepped up.

be nice if salah did do what you said for obvious reason but even more so after the final last year when he was taken out.

He's the Mane of the Moment
Better looking than Samie.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #8469 on: March 22, 2019, 06:48:43 pm »
He's the Mane of the Moment

Quite a lustrous Mane atop his dome...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #8470 on: March 23, 2019, 09:19:23 am »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8471 on: March 23, 2019, 10:04:11 am »
Its a con.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8474 on: March 23, 2019, 01:38:57 pm »
Where is he in the picture?

Right in the middle just the other side of the pool

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8475 on: March 23, 2019, 01:50:50 pm »
Cheers mate ;D
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8476 on: March 23, 2019, 01:53:28 pm »
Cheers mate ;D

Welcome. Happy to help :)

I’d also hazard a guess he’s not on the coast of Wales. Beyond that I’m out of info ;D

Offline Perham

• Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #8477 on: March 23, 2019, 01:55:16 pm »
Welcome. Happy to help :)

I’d also hazard a guess he’s not on the coast of Wales. Beyond that I’m out of info ;D
That narrows it down then

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #8478 on: March 23, 2019, 02:02:58 pm »

This is why I love this place  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8479 on: March 23, 2019, 02:36:13 pm »
Mo clearly just can't wait to get back into training with the lads,awww..

Better use of the pebbles than on my last holiday to Gran Canaria when someone had made a 5 meter cock complete with balls out of them on the hotel beach during the night so we could all admire the art from our balconies.  ;D