Author Topic: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *  (Read 2873693 times)

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
Re: Mohamed Salah - FWA and PFA Player of the Year Signs New 5 Yr Deal
« Reply #8280 on: March 13, 2019, 10:42:15 pm »
Everyone was and he still made some great passes and good passages of play. I can live with a little bit of wastefulness in different areas but the greed stuff is infuriating when you consider how we play. Obviously everyone wants to score but it would be shit for one of the non-passes to cost us at some point.

There was one in the first half where he could have played it and instea opted to hit it straight at Neuer who was waiting right at the centre of his goal line. Goals are one thing but you've gotta play smart at times
Very true mate. But also the one you pointed out earlier, where Mane was in loads of space to his left as was Milner, and he decided to take everyone on himself and, even though he was fouled, lost the ball. Just think that comes with the territory of being in that "superstar" bracket after last season, where he saw Ronaldo grab the headlines last night and thought "Hold my beer!"
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8281 on: March 13, 2019, 10:45:32 pm »
Beautiful assist but my god pleaseeeee pass when there's a tap in on or someone in a better position

If you are referring to when Firmino played him in and Mane was running free, I thought the same in real time. Watching it back the ball initially got caught in his feet and then he had what I thought would have been given a clear penalty if he went down. The pass never really was on even though it looked it from the angle of the camera.

Assist was outrageously good. He was really starting to have some fun once Alaba had to go forward. Hope he gets a goal soon as I think they will flow freely again once he does.

Online jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #8282 on: March 13, 2019, 10:50:18 pm »
Very true mate. But also the one you pointed out earlier, where Mane was in loads of space to his left as was Milner, and he decided to take everyone on himself and, even though he was fouled, lost the ball. Just think that comes with the territory of being in that "superstar" bracket after last season, where he saw Ronaldo grab the headlines last night and thought "Hold my beer!"
That was the wrong choice, but most of the time I think he does the right decision by finishing himself. Passing and then controlling the ball at full speed is not easy, and should only be done if your team mate has a significantly better chance of scoring.

Firmino and Robertson often make the wrong decision the other way (not tonight though), by choosing to pass when they should shoot themselves. On average I think we pass a bit too much in dangerous areas.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #8283 on: March 13, 2019, 10:51:27 pm »
Needs to start flopping to the floor more. Seems to always get pulled back or clipped or shoved and stays on his feet...and loses the chance.
Also, maybe just needs to smash his way out of his goalscoring rut (ha! Wrong word...not a rut). Cutting in and trying to place the ball top corner is not doing it for him. Needs to either occassionally go on the outside and commit the defender, then assist or pen OR just blast it with power if he cuts inside.

...Or...just give it to Mane Mane Mane [emoji14]
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #8284 on: March 13, 2019, 11:04:46 pm »

Oh of course and I understand if that's the case as most top players see players step up in that fashion and know all eyes are on them to follow it up. I just think if you are going to do that you have to step out full of confidence and take the game to the opposition, no hesitation just ruthless like he was in the Roma first leg. Some will say well you can't just switch it on like that but that's what these top players seem able to do which contributes to them being the top players.

If you are referring to when Firmino played him in and Mane was running free, I thought the same in real time. Watching it back the ball initially got caught in his feet and then he had what I thought would have been given a clear penalty if he went down. The pass never really was on even though it looked it from the angle of the camera.

Assist was outrageously good. He was really starting to have some fun once Alaba had to go forward. Hope he gets a goal soon as I think they will flow freely again once he does.

I'd have to watch it back but i'm sure he had more than one chance to play the pass

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #8285 on: March 13, 2019, 11:14:45 pm »
He just needs one of those moves to go right for him in front of goal and he will soon be back to scoring again. I thought he worked hard again tonight and created a lovely assist for the last goal.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8286 on: March 13, 2019, 11:17:36 pm »
That's the thing, he's still playing well AND impacting games so its not a concern. I'd love to see him score and absolute worldie just to remind himself of how fucking good he is... and I miss seeing the trademark Salah lob

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #8287 on: March 13, 2019, 11:19:27 pm »
The pass for the 3rd is just filth

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #8288 on: March 13, 2019, 11:31:21 pm »
Anyone hinting Salah being selfish and not passing to Mane in that situation should realize Salah is a striker and Strikers need goals!!! Salah has been in a drought and he needs to score to get his confidence back. It was a goal scoring opportunity and Nothing wrong in being selfish to get his goal. That's how strikers think, in their DNA. That's how he got them 40 odd goals last season.

Even the Watford game, Salah was a constant thorn to their defense despite lack of goals. He is playing good and all he needs is one goal. One goal am sure will calm him down and he will make better decisions. He needs it, hope he gets it soon. and then the floodgates will open for him.

That pass to Mane was World Class.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8289 on: March 14, 2019, 02:26:02 am »
That pass was Messiesque.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #8290 on: March 14, 2019, 06:51:00 am »
I think Salah's not getting any goodwill from trying his best to stay on his feet. Should have gone down for the penalty. I mean look at Lewandowski ffs, he's quite a physical monster and he was going down like there's no tomorrow. Superb cross with his outer foot btw, it was inch perfect.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8291 on: March 14, 2019, 06:55:39 am »
Anyone hinting Salah being selfish and not passing to Mane in that situation should realize Salah is a striker and Strikers need goals!!! Salah has been in a drought and he needs to score to get his confidence back. It was a goal scoring opportunity and Nothing wrong in being selfish to get his goal. That's how strikers think, in their DNA. That's how he got them 40 odd goals last season.

Even the Watford game, Salah was a constant thorn to their defense despite lack of goals. He is playing good and all he needs is one goal. One goal am sure will calm him down and he will make better decisions. He needs it, hope he gets it soon. and then the floodgates will open for him.

That pass to Mane was World Class.

It's one thing to be selfish, it's another to see that your teammate is wide open and will surely score in a big game. Overall it didn't affect the result, but in closer games or other important matches we'll need them to be more clinical when opportunities like that come knocking. The result is more important than individuals.

Salah is playing well. He will certainly start putting away chances sooner or later. Everyone goes through a drought period and his isn't that many games long. He just needs to keep working hard, keep making clever runs and keep his confidence up. Sooner or later he will be on the scoresheet again. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #8292 on: March 14, 2019, 07:57:50 am »
We need to get some special super flimsy easily tearable material for Salah's shirt. And inform the ref to watch the status of the shirt for - the amount of clear and obvious pulling on him....
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8293 on: March 14, 2019, 08:15:28 am »
Was gonna say I think we need the kind of PR campaign Ferguson waged for Ronaldo here. He's getting kicked right left and centre just now.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #8294 on: March 14, 2019, 08:29:22 am »
Hes off lads

Full LFC kit for sale. I’ve only worn it once (in this picture)

52876819-2267665826628414-7673387527356547072-n" border="0

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/432295967509154/

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #8295 on: March 14, 2019, 08:35:53 am »
I think Mo is playing well and have been on the up for some time. Getting chances and working hard. The payoff will come.

It's important to remember that he get s targeted by the other teams, and they use dirty tricks against him to stop him. He gets pulled, pushed, kicked and what not and refs usually don't give him much. Yesterday he was denied a clear pen just because he didn't go to ground.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8296 on: March 14, 2019, 08:37:46 am »
I think Salah is now a better passer than a goal scorer. Every time he shoots I don't feel it will go into the net, but every time he passes the ball it is quite a threat.
Believer

Online Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #8297 on: March 14, 2019, 09:55:34 am »
It's important to remember that he get s targeted by the other teams, and they use dirty tricks against him to stop him. He gets pulled, pushed, kicked and what not and refs usually don't give him much. Yesterday he was denied a clear pen just because he didn't go to ground.

Even discounting the perceived rough tactics against Mo, it's obvious that opposition teams put special attention on stopping him and denying him space. A lot of teams double up on him which should create space for others. That's probably one of the biggest differences to what he faced last year.

Even the games against Bayern were an example. They didn't necessarily double up on Salah but Alaba hardly crossed the half way line in either leg. Without Mo even doing a huge amount on the ball, he was affecting their ability to attack in both legs.

The good thing with Mane scoring a lot is that it brings attention on him from opposition teams. In doing so, teams have a choice to either double up on him or leave him 1-on-1 with the full back. If they want to try and control Mane and double up on him then it should create space for others. Potentially Salah.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline royhendo

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8298 on: March 14, 2019, 10:02:18 am »
Hes off lads

Full LFC kit for sale. I’ve only worn it once (in this picture)

52876819-2267665826628414-7673387527356547072-n" border="0

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/432295967509154/

You’re the world’s hottest Bob Carolgees lookalike and no mistake mate.
"Word of the day is 'philodox' (17th century): one who is in love with their own opinion, and who consequently believes that everyone else should share it."  @susie_dent on twitter - https://twitter.com/susie_dent/status/1419683653844668422

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #8299 on: March 14, 2019, 11:01:32 am »
It's one thing to be selfish, it's another to see that your teammate is wide open and will surely score in a big game. Overall it didn't affect the result, but in closer games or other important matches we'll need them to be more clinical when opportunities like that come knocking. The result is more important than individuals.

Salah is playing well. He will certainly start putting away chances sooner or later. Everyone goes through a drought period and his isn't that many games long. He just needs to keep working hard, keep making clever runs and keep his confidence up. Sooner or later he will be on the scoresheet again. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

Totally agree.. I just feel his decision making will improve once he scores a goal and calms his nerves. Right now every time there is a goal scoring opportunity, despite the percentage of scoring it is lower as opposed to passing it, these things don't sit on his mind. I need a goal is all he thinks about. Once he gets his goal he will be better.

I know a lot of Liverpool fans who keep watching Mane and Salah every time they score to see if they do hug and kiss each other to confirm if they are being selfish or not. Players don't work that way. Mane is not that expressive, you could see a certain seriousness in the way he goes about celebrating any goal. Only after a few mins does he truly smile. And Salah genuinely enjoys every Liverpool goal no matter who scores. You can see him raise his hand instantly in joy, be it in game or in bench. So stop all this conspiracy theory of something bad brewing between them without hardly knowing them. Mane-Firmino-Salah three of world's best playing up front for us. Just enjoy it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:48:14 am by v2krules »

Offline v2krules

• Main Stander
« Reply #8300 on: March 14, 2019, 11:03:22 am »
Even discounting the perceived rough tactics against Mo, it's obvious that opposition teams put special attention on stopping him and denying him space. A lot of teams double up on him which should create space for others. That's probably one of the biggest differences to what he faced last year.

Even the games against Bayern were an example. They didn't necessarily double up on Salah but Alaba hardly crossed the half way line in either leg. Without Mo even doing a huge amount on the ball, he was affecting their ability to attack in both legs.

The good thing with Mane scoring a lot is that it brings attention on him from opposition teams. In doing so, teams have a choice to either double up on him or leave him 1-on-1 with the full back. If they want to try and control Mane and double up on him then it should create space for others. Potentially Salah.

Very good post. People in this forum make more sense than most of the idiots in the pundit box especially espnfc pundits.
Salah doesn't score - he is bad. Salah scores - he is World Class type stupid analysis
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 11:04:56 am by v2krules »

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8301 on: March 14, 2019, 11:06:24 am »
Was gonna say I think we need the kind of PR campaign Ferguson waged for Ronaldo here. He's getting kicked right left and centre just now.
I'm a bit cynical and am very much of the opinion that this is a product of the outrage of a couple of months back.
The big irony of which was that he was being lambasted for actually being fouled and a further irony being that in earlier games he'd had some absolute stonewallers denied and had stayed on his feet.

You know it's gone too far when yard dog defenders are bent over him when he's on the floor screaming at him to get up after they've clobbered him.

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8302 on: March 14, 2019, 11:12:19 am »
As I saw somebody posting on twitter, why did the VAR not intervene on the penalty incident? It's not like there was any advantage there. It's as if he has to go down for the penalty to even be considered.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #8303 on: March 14, 2019, 11:14:16 am »
Very good post. People in this forum make more sense than most of the idiots in the pundit box especially espnfc pundits.
Salah doesn't score - he is bad. Salah scores - he is World Class type stupid analysis

Agreed. And I hope we win the Big Ears, this year for this:

p/s: Pardon me, can't get that memory out of my mind. What a moment.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8304 on: March 14, 2019, 11:18:48 am »
He is about to score a shitload of goals. His all round play has been terrific in the last couple of games. Someone's getting a fucking pasting very soon.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8305 on: March 14, 2019, 11:25:08 am »
Will score a brace against Fulham. Their defence is chronic. The worst in the league by far.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8306 on: March 14, 2019, 11:35:08 am »
That pass for the third goal :wellin

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8307 on: March 14, 2019, 01:36:35 pm »
Will score a brace against Fulham. Their defence is chronic. The worst in the league by far.

Joe Bryan isn't going to sleep for a week after this weekend.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8308 on: March 14, 2019, 01:37:49 pm »
Salah is going to run riot.

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8309 on: March 14, 2019, 02:29:57 pm »
Could do with him finding his scoring boots coming in to this business end of the season.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #8310 on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:11 pm »
Could do with him finding his scoring boots coming in to this business end of the season.

It's only a matter of time. He was very unlucky in the last few matches. The important thing is: he is still getting the big chances. Fulham will have a lot of work cut out for them.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #8311 on: March 14, 2019, 03:35:46 pm »
You’re the world’s hottest Bob Carolgees lookalike and no mistake mate.
Aww Fanx Judith Love XX :-*

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8312 on: March 14, 2019, 03:43:42 pm »
Salah's cross for the third goal was like as if Maradona & Gheorghe Hagi  combined and came up with that. Simply awesome. The commentator called it right. That was the cross of the tournament so far.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #8313 on: March 14, 2019, 04:09:43 pm »
Salah's cross for the third goal was like as if Maradona & Gheorghe Hagi  combined and came up with that. Simply awesome. The commentator called it right. That was the cross of the tournament so far.

Yes exactly, long may his shitness continue. dont know what people are watching sometimes, all this "he'll snap out of it soon" stuff. The rest of the forwards are in time and space because teams are trying and barely succeeding in keeping him quiet using numbers, and hes still doing stuff like that. That was literally exquisite, outside of his boot to the inch perfect. 
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8314 on: March 14, 2019, 04:17:28 pm »
Yes exactly, long may his shitness continue. dont know what people are watching sometimes, all this "he'll snap out of it soon" stuff. The rest of the forwards are in time and space because teams are trying and barely succeeding in keeping him quiet using numbers, and hes still doing stuff like that. That was literally exquisite, outside of his boot to the inch perfect.
Yup right..... the issue is teams are doubling up on salah now and that makes it easier for mane to score the goals he does now. Last season, teams were marking our forward players more proportionately.

So you know what......even if salah struggles to score more goals this season, as long as our other players do, its all good.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8315 on: March 14, 2019, 06:11:03 pm »

Its not his all round game that is getting slated, hes been playing well at least in the last 3-4 games, but nobody can say his finishing is at his best, he is taking an extra touch when he should shoot and snatching at shots when he has more time which are tell tell signs of a striker feeling like he needs a goal, that's all most people are saying.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8316 on: March 14, 2019, 06:57:28 pm »
That pass needs to be on pornhub. Struggling to think of a better assist for us this season

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8317 on: March 14, 2019, 07:01:37 pm »
he's working so unbelievably hard, lot of the time he gets double marked and kicked up and down the pitch - hope he gets a hattrick soon

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #8318 on: March 15, 2019, 11:40:09 am »
he's working so unbelievably hard, lot of the time he gets double marked and kicked up and down the pitch - hope he gets a hattrick soon
And to a great extent, that’s why Mane is scoring like mad. Defenders focusing on Salah frees up a bit of space for Mane and Salah feeds him good balls.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #8319 on: March 17, 2019, 04:14:03 pm »
Have a feeling Sadio will go cold and Mo will take over with last year's form.

Dry spells happen, when Mo goes hot it's something else.

I think something special is brewing for what seems like a very special season. Vibes of a double.