Author Topic: Premier League suspended until safe to resume  (Read 160425 times)

Offline Captain Mauser

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Premier League suspended until 30th April
« Reply #1240 on: March 20, 2020, 08:15:48 am »
This season will be completed, there is no scenario where the next season is more important than the current season, apart from in the heads of batshit City bells.

They know full well the integrity of the game is destroyed for millions if this season is binned.

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1241 on: March 20, 2020, 08:37:12 am »
It's not about integrity more about the TV contracts.

John Cross article:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/coronavirus-premier-league-clubs-were-21721761

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1242 on: March 20, 2020, 08:41:47 am »
I've been self isolating from here for a bit and from footy chat in general, for the sake of my mental health as well as the fact that there's really more important stuff going on. I hear a whisper of what may be sensible news, log on and see the same ridiculous negative people pushing the same negative outlooks.

There's a breed of people that love to unload all their negative thoughts on everyone else, once they've done it, it makes them feel better for a bit, but pisses everyone else off. If that sounds like you then please stop.

Be realistic by all means, but don't look always look for the cloud, when presented with a silver lining.

Bog roll thread good though  ;D

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1243 on: March 20, 2020, 09:06:33 am »
It's not about integrity more about the TV contracts.

John Cross article:

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/coronavirus-premier-league-clubs-were-21721761

That was always going to be the case, wasn't it? It's not about us winning or not winning the title, it's the amount of money teams would lose (not just the PL, but the lower leagues) if the season ended up being voided or even ended prematurely. What would you do with regards to season ticket holders and sponsors? Not to mention the clusterfuck that would ensue in regards to promotion/relegation/european qualification.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #1244 on: March 20, 2020, 09:18:30 am »
Thanks lads; even Samie!  :P

I feared voiding for obvious reasons but hoped that common sense would prevail. It is far more sensible to complete a 3/4 finished season than trying to shoehorn in a new one with a risk of suspension again. Then there is the whole issue of money. Even if it takes till October, I would imagine the league would rather finish this season than tie themselves in knots over what would happen if they tried to void it.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
Re: Premier League suspended until 3rd April
« Reply #1245 on: March 20, 2020, 09:23:38 am »
Ireland predicts to be at 10k confirmed cases by Sunday and 15k by the end of the month, With the exception of small shops and supermarkets everything else is. Pretty much shut and has been for a week. Schools and public facilities last Thursday, pubs and restaurants by Sunday, hotels and highstreet shops two days ago. The UK is still all systems go... Doesn't make sense, I wish everyone the best there but if they don't close the pubs and restaurants soon than it will get seriously dangerous there. I know the UK has a better health care system than us and can deal with the peak much better than ours could but I worry about it. I hope it doesn't get as bad as Italy
Think you mean 1,000 by Sunday Dan. The 15k figure is based on a 30% daily increase as is what happens when you don't take measures to combat the spread. In Ireland, we have, so I believe that figure will be lower than 15k by the end of the month. It will still be high and we may see 15k in April. However, a fair amount of those impacted will have recovered thus (hopefully) cutting down the numbers. These figures will definitely be scary for a while though  :-\  We'll get through it, eventually.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1246 on: March 20, 2020, 10:26:43 am »
Wonder if the government wage support will pay £350k/week for Raheem Sterling to sit on his arse.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #1247 on: March 20, 2020, 10:41:42 am »
This decision was the obvious one, I was never worried! I said before the announcement it's simply in the PL's own interest to play out the season when the all clear is given, it makes sense on so many levels (financial and legal in particular)

When we win the Title it will go down in history as the oddest win ever...only happen to us eh! The relief of winning it added to the unbridled joy, will make this the sweetest achievement in our history in my humble opinion.

To all the bitter, jealous fuckers out there, this must fuckin hurt big time!
'We're still gonna win the League, were still gonna win the League...now you're gonna believe us'..

Should make a big fuck off banner of that statement  and hang it outside the Kop!  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 10:48:33 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline "Bobber" Thanks :)

• But Hicks Is Still A Wanker
  • Kopite
« Reply #1248 on: March 20, 2020, 10:44:08 am »
Haven’t seen it mentioned here but The Athletic reporting that if the season was cancelled, the clubs would definitely have to pay £762m in lost TV money back. This was communicated to all 20 clubs yesterday.

This can only confirm that we shouldn’t fear the season being voided surely?

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1249 on: March 20, 2020, 10:49:47 am »
Haven’t seen it mentioned here but The Athletic reporting that if the season was cancelled, the clubs would definitely have to pay £762m in lost TV money back. This was communicated to all 20 clubs yesterday.

karrens arse twitched like it never has before when she found that out

Offline Craig_Bellamy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1250 on: March 20, 2020, 10:52:03 am »
Indeed, you could actually buy A Whole Pogba for That kind og money... no Way the clubs would waste their money such foolish ways, the season Will be played through; for logical reasons and for ethics, and if not that, then for the money.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #1251 on: March 20, 2020, 11:06:06 am »
Indeed, you could actually buy A Whole Pogba for That kind og money... no Way the clubs would waste their money such foolish ways, the season Will be played through; for logical reasons and for ethics, and if not that, then for the money.
Thank fuck the money stick exists 'cos the other two are spaghetti in this league

Online markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #1252 on: March 20, 2020, 11:10:46 am »
Which is really saying something when her boss is this countries biggest Dildo retailer.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #1253 on: March 20, 2020, 11:31:24 am »

When we win the Title it will go down in history as the oddest win ever...only happen to us eh! The relief of winning it added to the unbridled joy, will make this the sweetest achievement in our history in my humble opinion.

To all the bitter, jealous fuckers out there, this must fuckin hurt big time!
'We're still gonna win the League, were still gonna win the League...now you're gonna believe us'..

Yep. It's like we'll have won 2 battles to finally get there!

Fair play to Coronavirus, actually ... it started on the other side of the world but it's putting up a better title challenge than all the other 19 useless cunting clubs in this league put together.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #1254 on: March 20, 2020, 01:56:50 pm »

She probably isn't au fait with the legalities of the TV deals. Probably because TV companies aren't arsed about broadcasting West Ham

When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #1255 on: March 20, 2020, 02:11:43 pm »
Yeh think of it lads (and lasses) our title win will go down in history - as others have said - because of this world emergency!

Fuck - can the shite out there like Utd, City and Chelsea say that?

They will never be able to say that or be a part of that - it will be forever a part of history, football history and Liverpool history.

We Scousers - and with respect to all our brilliant fellow fans from all over the UK and the rest of the world - are built of hardy stuff.

Throw a world crisis at us and we come out on top as champions - think about that next time you're worrying what the blue nose down the pub thinks.

YNWA

:wave
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1256 on: March 20, 2020, 02:18:29 pm »

Whilst that’s obviously a lot of money, how much would the likes of West Ham lose if they went down? Presumably that figure is split between 20 clubs, so 38 million each?  Or is that per club?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2020, 02:27:01 pm by Jm55 »

Offline Dan6times

• "Oh, he's not seeing me, I'll get him later... DAN!"
  • Kopite
  • Imagine not supporting Liverpool
« Reply #1257 on: March 20, 2020, 03:49:25 pm »
League of Ireland announces today that the first fixture back will be June 19th
“For those of you in the cheap seats I'd like ya to clap your hands to this one; the rest of you can just rattle your jewelry!”

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #1258 on: March 20, 2020, 03:53:19 pm »

For now, yes. But eventually they might sacrifice the 762 mill to try and save the 3 billion they'll lose if next season doesn't happen.

For me, the solution  should be finish this season off at some point this year (it probably won't be before July or August that any football is played here and a pre-season will be needed). Then have two calendar year seasons leading up to the World Cup.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #1259 on: March 20, 2020, 04:00:04 pm »
For now, yes. But eventually they might sacrifice the 762 mill to try and save the 3 billion they'll lose if next season doesn't happen.

For me, the solution  should be finish this season off at some point this year (it probably won't be before July or August that any football is played here and a pre-season will be needed). Then have two calendar year seasons leading up to the World Cup.

Seriously give it a rest. The next set of 3 billion will kick in the second the next season starts. That will start once this one is concluded. It's still the same 3 billion. There will be a next season, whenever this one ends. That's the way it works.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1260 on: March 20, 2020, 04:06:05 pm »
Fromola you have been continuously asked to pack it in, why don't you?

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #1261 on: March 20, 2020, 04:06:29 pm »

You are relentless i'll give you that.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1262 on: March 20, 2020, 04:17:42 pm »
It depends how people view restarting the season. I don't see any reason (barring unforeseen events) that an event involving say 100 people (players, coaches, essential staff and tv crew) for behind closed door games to not be possible by May or June at worst.
50,000 people or whatever for full stadiums is another matter.
My money is on starting with behind closed doors games at some point in May, with probably 3 games a week to play catch up...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1263 on: March 20, 2020, 04:20:28 pm »

To be honest I think we would all do well to remember that the word could, at any moment, be invaded by a race of hyper intelligent, flesh eating slugs who would make us all their slaves and in that situation I think you would be foolish to rule out the league being voided.

Offline G Richards

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1264 on: March 20, 2020, 04:25:41 pm »
I'm glad to hear there's a commitment to finish the current season. Voiding it would lead to sizable legal ramifications. We are 29 games in, and things need to be resolved... not just to confirm us as champions, but all the other issues that are less clear: who finishes top four? In the Europa spots? Who is relegated? Promoted? And so on...

Finish the season that is already 3/4 competed. Makes sense.

Now, depending on the timing, and other things moving around in the calendar, NEXT season might be impacted, and I could almost see a shorter season if the lockdown does on for a few months. But the parameters would be set before the first ball is kicked, so everyone would know what next season entailed. For example, if time is short, perhaps it could even be a 19 games season - everyone plays the other teams once, not twice, and everyone gets a mix of 9-10 home/away games, and they are randomized.

It would be a shorter season, a sprint not a marathon, but I could see something like that happening to get the calendar reset for 2021-22 onwards, assuming this season continues to be significantly delayed.

Just idle speculation though.

The main thing is I'm encouraged about the commitment to finish this season. There's a certain integrity about that.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1265 on: March 20, 2020, 04:40:14 pm »

At this point he needs to be banned. This is frikken tedious and he’s infected almost every thread (pun intended).

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #1266 on: March 20, 2020, 04:48:30 pm »
At this point he needs to be banned. This is frikken tedious and he’s infected almost every thread (pun intended).

Which is why the ignore button is such a precious commodity on Rawk. 😀
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1267 on: March 20, 2020, 04:49:15 pm »
Damn, I miss football so much.
Believer

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #1268 on: March 20, 2020, 05:24:17 pm »

Getting excited about the idea of getting Houssem Aouar from Lyon... Lallana replacement?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1269 on: March 20, 2020, 06:17:12 pm »

For people like me, the ignore button is useless. You can still see what they have posted, but I'm the one that clicks the post to see what they have posted, even when I know it is going to piss me off  ;D

Not sure he needs to be banned, but he does need to take the feedback on board and reign it the fuck in.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AttaRed

• Main Stander
« Reply #1270 on: March 20, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »
La Liga chief saying the top leagues are aiming at a mid May restart,

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51975685

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Our Players in these Strange Times
« Reply #1271 on: March 20, 2020, 07:32:05 pm »
Its a whole new world at the moment.

Watching James Milner and the lads taking to things like twitter has been fun but when you look at the full squad its gotta be tricky to handle all this.

Yeah they are all fit guys but they will still have to keep up a fitness routine and like all of us still need to take care of their families.

What about our oversea players, the one's with extended family and parents in far off lands - are they able to get home or are they all staying in their local homes.

Generally players like to keep very busy so it will be interesting how they handle the limited contact.
The backroom staff will also have similar issues.

Presumably JK will be busy trying to keep them together as a unit although they probably wont be seeing too much of each for a while.

Of course there are folks out there with real problems at the moment but it will be interesting how this plays out at club level as this continues to develop.

Looking forward to Milners next entertaining video.  :)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1272 on: March 20, 2020, 07:34:49 pm »
That's a pipe dream at the moment.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1273 on: March 20, 2020, 09:05:31 pm »

I know we must be coming up on the 1 year anniversary of the last LFC match...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline Avens

• Look around you! Clearly knows his Gary Gum from his Anti-Gary Gum.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1274 on: March 20, 2020, 10:09:47 pm »

Honestly, you're a parody of yourself. I can only assume you're on a wind up at this point. You're a clown.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now. - Jurgen Klopp

Online moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #1275 on: March 20, 2020, 11:37:11 pm »
A 19 game season would be tainted too, deffo one for the asterix. It would always be laughed at . Finish this one, then finish the next, if it also takes 16 months,so be it.

Offline Redwhiteandnotblue

• God's spin doctor.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1276 on: March 21, 2020, 01:24:55 am »
It's crazy how we were all expecting the earliest League win ever; now we're expecting the latest one.

Offline stevieG786

• Prefers bottom.
  • Legacy Fan
  • AWWW YA BEAUTY!!
« Reply #1277 on: March 21, 2020, 02:36:39 am »

Where is the ignore button?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2020, 02:38:13 am by stevieG786 »

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1278 on: March 21, 2020, 04:39:32 am »

There's an ignore button??
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1279 on: March 21, 2020, 08:09:13 am »
There's an ignore button??

In your profile, you can add users to an “ignore list”.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.