Author Topic: The NFL Thread  (Read 2748650 times)

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
Re: The NFL Thread
« Reply #51040 on: January 10, 2019, 07:17:03 pm »
jimmy g did well to get paid (very well in fact), but he's started less games than some of this season's rookies. He's very much still an unknown quality.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #51041 on: January 10, 2019, 07:34:09 pm »
jimmy g did well to get paid (very well in fact), but he's started less games than some of this season's rookies. He's very much still an unknown quality.
Im not disagreeing with that however it would be very unlikely they move on this year with 13.1 mil dead cap hit. After this year it is 4.2 mil in 2020, 2.8 mil in 2021,1.4 mil in 2022.
If they take a qb round 2 or 3 that wont shock me, i doubt they going to say their willing to move this offseason with that dead cap.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51042 on: January 10, 2019, 08:01:03 pm »
Josh Allen would be a great pick for the 49ers.

Bosa will be the first overall selection.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51043 on: January 10, 2019, 08:08:44 pm »
better hope trubisky year 3 improves because it won't be the #1 defence next season.

Despite some people blindly sticking to the idea that he is shite, the stats don't really back that up these days and he was generally improving as the season went on and he became more familiar with Nagy's system and they were able to add more to it, so they could very well improve a fair bit on that side of the ball.

As far as the defence, even without Fangio, that is still a stacked defensive unit, about half of the starters are 1st rounders and a couple of the others were all-pro or pro-bowlers this season too, so as long as they are sensible with who they sign as DC (needs a similar mindset and scheme as Fangio) then they should still be just fine on that side of things too.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51044 on: January 10, 2019, 08:16:16 pm »
Josh Allen would be a great pick for the 49ers.

Bosa will be the first overall selection.
I would not rule out Haskins or Murray going #1 overall, Not saying the cards would take one but they could be willing to trade back, or take Murray and trade Rosen.

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51045 on: January 10, 2019, 09:09:16 pm »
Im not disagreeing with that however it would be very unlikely they move on this year with 13.1 mil dead cap hit. After this year it is 4.2 mil in 2020, 2.8 mil in 2021,1.4 mil in 2022.
If they take a qb round 2 or 3 that wont shock me, i doubt they going to say their willing to move this offseason with that dead cap.

They'd be mental to even think about trading him. He's started 11 games, they have no idea what they have there. He may turn out to be there for the next 15 years.

Despite some people blindly sticking to the idea that he is shite, the stats don't really back that up these days and he was generally improving as the season went on and he became more familiar with Nagy's system and they were able to add more to it, so they could very well improve a fair bit on that side of the ball.

As far as the defence, even without Fangio, that is still a stacked defensive unit, about half of the starters are 1st rounders and a couple of the others were all-pro or pro-bowlers this season too, so as long as they are sensible with who they sign as DC (needs a similar mindset and scheme as Fangio) then they should still be just fine on that side of things too.

I'm not saying he's shite, just that he'll need to improve to cover for the expected drop in defence. Which to be honest he should be doing anyway in year 3.

and the bears D was seemingly ranked so far ahead of everyone else this season that it should still be one of the best units around even with an expected drop. but the bears should also look at the jags this season as a warning.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2019, 09:12:28 pm by voodoo ray »

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51046 on: January 10, 2019, 11:31:40 pm »
Loving the posts in here. Really interesting stuff.

Just been looking at the 2019 Draft declarations and noticed Tyree Jackson.  QB out of the University of Buffalo.

6'7" and 245lbs.  This guy is a unit.  If he gets drafted and it doesn't work out as a QB they can use him as LB :)

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51047 on: January 10, 2019, 11:33:51 pm »
Loving the posts in here. Really interesting stuff.

Just been looking at the 2019 Draft declarations and noticed Tyree Jackson.  QB out of the University of Buffalo.

6'7" and 245lbs.  This guy is a unit.  If he gets drafted and it doesn't work out as a QB they can use him as LB :)
He was the best QB in Buffalo last year. He was in grad transfer market then left, was a little confusing as he probably could use another year

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51048 on: January 10, 2019, 11:51:53 pm »

Seems like he'd be too tall to be ideal as LB, if he didn't work out as a QB the obvious alternative for him would seem to be TE or WR.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51049 on: January 11, 2019, 12:21:41 am »
Seems like he'd be too tall to be ideal as LB, if he didn't work out as a QB the obvious alternative for him would seem to be TE or WR.

Yeah i was just messing about. He's a big old lad for a QB so was joking he could be thrown into defense. :)

Anyway and to be serious, do bigger QB's who don't quite make the grade, ever find their niche in different offensive positions, Such as TE or WR?

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51050 on: January 11, 2019, 12:23:16 am »
Looks like the Steelers are pretty cool with saving 1 Million dollars to get rid of Antonio Brown
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2019/01/10/antonio-brown-trade-rumors-steelers-art-rooney/stories/201901100125

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51051 on: January 11, 2019, 12:24:39 am »
Yeah i was just messing about. He's a big old lad for a QB so was joking he could be thrown into defense. :)

Anyway and to be serious, do bigger QB's who don't quite make the grade, ever find their niche in different offensive positions, Such as TE or WR?
Logan Thomas was a College QB at VT is a Bills Te. Julian Edelman was a QB at Kent state before being a pats wr. Just depends on the player

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51052 on: January 11, 2019, 02:40:43 am »
Hunter Henry on DraftKings is dirt cheap, good idea or bad idea?

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51053 on: January 11, 2019, 08:06:13 am »
I would not rule out Haskins or Murray going #1 overall, Not saying the cards would take one but they could be willing to trade back, or take Murray and trade Rosen.
In my opinion if any of these QB’s who are coming out this year came out in last years draft, then none of them go in the first round (arguably Murray although I think Lamar Jackson is a better pure passer).

The only potential franchise QB this year was Justin Herbert out of Oregon however he smartly chose to stay in school for another year.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #51054 on: January 11, 2019, 12:19:50 pm »
Either of these guys going #1 overall would be the shock of the century.

Lot of new coaches in QB needy teams - wouldn't be that much of a shock at all to me. QB trumps all.

All about Eaton Stick anyway.

Re: Brown - seems mad to take a cap hit of 20m to not play a stud WR in the last couple years of your QB window, but if traded they do save the actual cash so I guess....

Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #51055 on: January 11, 2019, 02:25:32 pm »
The Cardinals will take Nick Bosa at number 1. They aren't going to give up on Rosen after one year.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51056 on: January 11, 2019, 03:11:26 pm »
The Cardinals will take Nick Bosa at number 1. They aren't going to give up on Rosen after one year.
Course not but they could trade out of the first overall selection.

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #51057 on: January 11, 2019, 03:22:59 pm »
Course not but they could trade out of the first overall selection.

I know they could but I don't think they will. They'd need a crazy good offer and I doubt it'll come because anyone wanting a QB will probably be able to get one at pick 6 or 7.

Unless something drastic happens I don't think any of the teams picking in the top 5 will be after a QB.

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51058 on: January 11, 2019, 04:53:18 pm »
I know they could but I don't think they will. They'd need a crazy good offer and I doubt it'll come because anyone wanting a QB will probably be able to get one at pick 6 or 7.

Unless something drastic happens I don't think any of the teams picking in the top 5 will be after a QB.

I'd say about a 0% chance of no qb in first 5 picks.....

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51059 on: January 11, 2019, 05:06:36 pm »

Any club wanting a QB may as well sign one in free agency as a stop-gap and wait until the draft next year where a bevvy of QB’s ought to be available.

This is a weaker class then the drafts where E.J Manuel, Jake Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert and Christian Ponder went in the first round.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 05:11:11 pm by Trev20 »

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51060 on: January 11, 2019, 06:31:10 pm »
easton stick is up there in the quirky name stakes.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51061 on: January 11, 2019, 06:46:51 pm »
easton stick is up there in the quirky name stakes.
Jacob Eason?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51062 on: January 11, 2019, 06:51:12 pm »

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51063 on: January 11, 2019, 07:40:59 pm »
eh?
The redshirt sophomore, transfer from Georgia, starting quarterback at the University of Washington?

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51064 on: January 11, 2019, 08:18:00 pm »
The redshirt sophomore, transfer from Georgia, starting quarterback at the University of Washington?

dunno mate but his name's not weird like easton stick.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51065 on: January 11, 2019, 08:45:12 pm »
dunno mate but his name's not weird like easton stick.
Who’s that?  :o

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51066 on: January 11, 2019, 08:53:34 pm »
Who’s that?  :o

plays for whichever of the dakota states is the good one and won last week or whenever it was. QB.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51067 on: January 11, 2019, 08:56:32 pm »
plays for whichever of the dakota states is the good one and won last week or whenever it was. QB.
Ah yes. North Dakota State Bison!

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51068 on: January 11, 2019, 09:00:14 pm »
Ah yes. North Dakota State Bison!

that's them. wentz's old lot I believe. 6 championships in 8 years or something daft like that

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51069 on: January 11, 2019, 09:36:13 pm »
His great great grandfather was Mob boss of the Chicago outfit years after Al Capone.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51070 on: January 11, 2019, 09:51:50 pm »
This is my expectation, however teams want QB, and that pick shouldnt be off the table for Arizona considering they have a lot of needs.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51071 on: January 11, 2019, 10:16:09 pm »
the cardinals have so many needs that I reckon they're best off just taking the best player available. which the hype and conventional wisdom seems to say is bosa.

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51072 on: January 11, 2019, 10:48:31 pm »
the cardinals have so many needs that I reckon they're best off just taking the best player available. which the hype and conventional wisdom seems to say is bosa.
Yea, it not a bad thing to get more picks, to help get  more young players in also.  But I do think they just take bosa

Offline bryanod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51073 on: January 12, 2019, 12:17:26 am »
Flores to Miami apparently, hmmmm hardly a top defense...

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #51074 on: January 12, 2019, 01:33:49 am »
chuck pagano is now the bears DC. they moved pretty quick there.

Offline Lotus Eater

• "The first picture of you! The first picture of summer. See the flowers scream their joy!" Father of Water Melon Eater.
  • Kopite
  • Yer Ma wears army boots
« Reply #51075 on: January 12, 2019, 02:26:31 am »
His great great grandfather was Mob boss of the Chicago outfit years after Al Capone.
Indeed. Tony Accardo.

Maybe they’ll make him an offer he can’t refuse
11 September 1999 - Slater Street. 2 beers, a packet of crisps and a truncheon please.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51076 on: January 12, 2019, 03:52:09 am »
chuck pagano is now the bears DC. they moved pretty quick there.

They do seem a fair bit better on the organisation side of things these days and realistically they must have expected to have a vacancy.

Seems like a decent enough hire, although his strengths seem to be in the secondary more than the front seven which may not align perfectly with the strengths of the roster, but that could work out for the best if he can improve on the weaknesses without dropping off on the strengths.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #51077 on: January 12, 2019, 09:13:02 am »
Josh Rosen is a very talented quarterback -  watched him ever since he started as a freshman at UCLA.

In my opinion the best pure passer in last years draft. Get some talent and protection around him and he could be a breakout star next year.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #51078 on: January 12, 2019, 11:20:20 am »
Pagano is one of the worst head coaches ever. Easily. He could do a job for Chicago as a DC, as he did for Baltimore for ONE season because of one reason only. Both teams were/are stacked on D. Otherwise he is a fraud.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline latortuga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #51079 on: January 12, 2019, 11:26:21 am »
Josh Rosen is a very talented quarterback -  watched him ever since he started as a freshman at UCLA.

In my opinion the best pure passer in last years draft. Get some talent and protection around him and he could be a breakout star next year.

So better than Mahomes?  Interesting.