Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 756817 times)

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #3080 on: August 24, 2019, 07:47:31 pm »
Not very surprising given how long he was out, but he looks pretty far off his pre injury level
Always seemed like someone who needs a run of games before getting to that level. Hello get there
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3081 on: August 29, 2019, 01:47:52 pm »
Paul Joyce just tweeted that Ox is due to be recalled by England. Great news for AOC after everything. Like most I prefer when our players are minimally involved in Intl’s Increasing the chances of them returning fully fit, but he deserves this boost.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3082 on: August 29, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »
Paul Joyce just tweeted that Ox is due to be recalled by England. Great news for AOC after everything. Like most I prefer when our players are minimally involved in Intl’s Increasing the chances of them returning fully fit, but he deserves this boost.

Well earned, for all his hard work.

You would hope he and club are going to be scrutinising his training, minutes, and recovery very very closely though. Tiniest hint of something that doesn't fit with what the club think is best for him, and he needs to protect himself first and foremost instead of prioritising some dumb glorified friendlies of a very low standard.

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3083 on: August 29, 2019, 02:35:32 pm »

I think it's daft to be honest.

Let him get a few more games under his belt before we start talking about England.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #3084 on: August 29, 2019, 02:36:48 pm »
I think it's daft to be honest.

Let him get a few more games under his belt before we start talking about England.
Don’t agree.

England might help him get game time.

This helps us and him (for once)
« Last Edit: August 29, 2019, 02:47:52 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3085 on: August 31, 2019, 07:55:30 pm »
Looked fantastic when he came on - his passing was really sharp
Will be first choice again very soon

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3086 on: August 31, 2019, 07:57:40 pm »
Well said mate, thought he did really well and defensively he looks really sharp too, getting back well and getting a touch on the ball to cut out opposition attack’s. there was one wayward pass that made me laugh where the ball got under his feet and by the time he sorted his feet and played it towards Robertson, he’d moved

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3087 on: August 31, 2019, 08:09:38 pm »
Thought that Klopp should have made him come on earlier when we look a bit uninspired around the 60th minute.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3088 on: August 31, 2019, 08:27:55 pm »
He’ll score soon, looks sharp as fuck
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3089 on: August 31, 2019, 08:32:26 pm »
He's looking really good, his pressing, the passing, just has eased himself back into that team so brilliantly. 

He's going to be key, Kloppo loves him, and with how he presses, his work rate, his intelligence, it's no wonder.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3090 on: August 31, 2019, 08:38:35 pm »
He’s a brilliant sub to have as well to be fair. I know everyone’s excited for his return but we all know Fab/Hendo/Gini is likely to remain our ‘big game’ midfield. But having someone like Ox coming on after an hour might absolutely kill some teams.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #3091 on: September 2, 2019, 12:12:28 am »
small thing, but against Burnley he had a real nice run to offer to which the pass came and he caught it up and blasted it first time. Pope an easy save really, had the angle and just took it, but Alex really hit it pretty hard. he couldn't help the littlest smile on his face when he wheeled away! Box ticked. Increment incremented. Game conditions speed power shot. He'll have a better angle next time he runs onto something like that.

Nice, bro. Nice. Saw that.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Online Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3092 on: September 2, 2019, 12:08:14 pm »
He’s a brilliant sub to have as well to be fair. I know everyone’s excited for his return but we all know Fab/Hendo/Gini is likely to remain our ‘big game’ midfield. But having someone like Ox coming on after an hour might absolutely kill some teams.

He was in the 'big game' midfield before the injury. Leaving aside the injury question and the need to be careful with him, he should be back in it asap. Gives something none of the other midfielders except Keita can.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3093 on: September 3, 2019, 02:17:22 am »
He was in the 'big game' midfield before the injury. Leaving aside the injury question and the need to be careful with him, he should be back in it asap. Gives something none of the other midfielders except Keita can.
I don’t think there will be a big game three this season if everyone stays fit. Right now if there is one it’s Fabinho, Gini & Henderson and hard to argue with that given the way we’ve started the season. Lots of games to be played and expect things to get mixed up a bit more once the 2 games a week kicks in.
Ox will definitely play a big part this season though if fit and back to his best (and the signs are promising).

Online TealC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3094 on: September 9, 2019, 06:03:59 am »
Looks like hes lost some muscle. Deloberate of course

Offline Stan.

• drinks warm piss, and come back to him when Owen actually joins utd. Until then leeeeeave Micky aloooone!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3095 on: September 9, 2019, 11:17:06 am »
Really like him as a midfielder as he carries the ball forward really well and looks to play it forward into feet. Interesting times ahead because I feel like we'd only ever start one of him, Henderson or Keita.  Unless Henderson is moved a bit deeper where I don't think he's as effective.
Someday soon everyone will know the truth.  96 never forgotten.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3096 on: September 9, 2019, 03:25:01 pm »
Really hope he gets a start at the weekend, it would be absolutely huge for us if he can get back anywhere near his pre-injury firm.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3097 on: September 14, 2019, 02:39:59 pm »
Bit sloppy today but it’s definitely coming, once he’s sharper and fitter he’ll be massive for this team.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #3098 on: September 14, 2019, 02:41:33 pm »
The skills are there, the ideas are there, he just has to connect better with the team. It will happen.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3099 on: September 14, 2019, 02:50:56 pm »
Bit sloppy today but it’s definitely coming, once he’s sharper and fitter he’ll be massive for this team.

It will come together. He had a decent game today.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3100 on: September 14, 2019, 02:51:59 pm »
Think it's a little harsh to focus on his two or three slack touches. One came just before half time (leading to our second goal), and the other after almost 70 minutes.

Think he actually started very sharply, and don't understand the suggestion he didn't connect with the team, but (reassuringly) the looseness only came as fatigue set in. It's his (I dunno) third or fourth competitive start since his serious injuries. His stamina and sharpness will come on loads from this.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3101 on: September 14, 2019, 02:52:47 pm »
Slowly getting there.
Good to have him back.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3102 on: September 14, 2019, 05:18:21 pm »
We need to be patient, but I'm sure he'll be back to his best eventually.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3103 on: September 14, 2019, 06:11:48 pm »

He needs time to get back into his rhythm but I’m surprised how good he’s looking given his injury and time out

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #3104 on: September 14, 2019, 07:35:29 pm »
Seemed like gave away the ball easily a couple of times but I think that's good since this would happen with impact players, Mo for example

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #3105 on: September 14, 2019, 07:48:11 pm »
Still have the class in him. Just need a couple more games to get back to fitness.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3106 on: September 15, 2019, 01:23:25 am »
He’s gonna rocket one in against City again isn’t he? 😬

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3107 on: September 15, 2019, 01:28:13 am »
He took a few months to really click when he first joined us, I think it’s likely to take a similar amount of time again after such a terrible injury. He really needs games in the first team to start to gel and they’re gonna be hard to come by given how well everyone’s playing, but it’ll come, just need to be patient

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3108 on: September 15, 2019, 01:45:11 am »
He took a few months to really click when he first joined us, I think it’s likely to take a similar amount of time again after such a terrible injury. He really needs games in the first team to start to gel and they’re gonna be hard to come by given how well everyone’s playing, but it’ll come, just need to be patient

Given that we have 7 matches in 21 days, and that the midfield is what we rotate the most, not sure I agree with that. We have a match every 3 days from now on, he'll get plenty of opportunities.

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3109 on: September 15, 2019, 02:23:24 am »
Given that we have 7 matches in 21 days, and that the midfield is what we rotate the most, not sure I agree with that. We have a match every 3 days from now on, he'll get plenty of opportunities.
I suppose what I meant was a run in the team, which is what’ll really help him get back into the rhythm of the team, rather than a start every other game or 3. As I’ve said further up I don’t think we’ll have a settled midfield this season and agree it’ll be rotated as required. I think he’ll get there, just think it’ll take months rather than weeks before we see him regularly perform at the level he was.
Which is fair enough, and I may be wrong (often am) he may get back there quicker. Just hoping people are patient if it takes a bit of time is all
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 02:25:01 am by duvva »

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #3110 on: September 15, 2019, 02:24:27 am »
It's a miracle he's playing again, let alone nearly being back to form already. Yes he was sloppy in possession at times, but fuck me did he show glimpses of what made him such a big player for us before his injury!
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3111 on: September 15, 2019, 03:57:01 am »
It's good to have squad depth, Henderson got a proper resting.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Silverbird

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3112 on: September 15, 2019, 04:09:08 am »
Thought he did very well. In our current rotation, only Keita and Ox can bring the ball out of midfield at pace. Fab and Gini are great mind you, but their strengths are in holding onto and distributing the ball. Ox’s drives forward open up the pitch, the way Matip’s bursts sometimes do for us. I love it. It can lead to some chaotic football as the ball gets turned over more, but can be critical in games when the opposing defence is too well-organised. Fantastic option to have.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3113 on: September 15, 2019, 08:25:48 am »
He ran with the ball very well, that run and shot in the first half was him at his best.
A bit sloppy at times but just great to gave him back and his touch will improve.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline mercurial

• Legacy Fan
  • Lost my mind, let me know if you spot it
« Reply #3114 on: September 15, 2019, 09:41:06 am »
Ox will provide us options we were lacking, he provides penetration with his runs up the field and follows it up with a good pass or shot. I think he is in the process of adapting his style after injury and it will be another 5-10 games to adapt. That  said, at his current form also he is fitting in very well like yesterday. I would not read much into the balls he overran. That's part of the process to adapt.
Kenny: "We play the way we want to play. We play to the style that suits us, no disrespect to other clubs but we don't focus on anybody else"

Online DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #3115 on: September 15, 2019, 09:49:13 am »
He ran with the ball very well, that run and shot in the first half was him at his best.
A bit sloppy at times but just great to gave him back and his touch will improve.
Its strange, he made lots of mistakes yesterday but it still felt like a good performance. Normally Henderson would be there shuffling the ball left and right, Chamberlain kept attacking ahead of him and opening up Newcastle. Even when he lost the ball it opened up Newcastle because they were so deep and came running out, they were unable to retain possession and ended up breaking their own lines.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline duvva 💅

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3116 on: September 15, 2019, 10:08:37 am »
Normally Henderson would be there shuffling the ball left and right
While it’s not the Henderson thread and don’t want to turn it into a discussion on him, but Seriously, you still hold the view that all Henderson does is shuffle the ball left and right, have you not watched us recently? You can pay Ox a compliment without a back hander at Henderson at the same time.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3117 on: September 15, 2019, 11:46:38 am »
Just a couple of times we saw glimpses of that acceleration that allows him to get away from his marker and create an opportunity for a key pass or shot on goal. He's obviously not at his best but he's not had a lot of competitive minutes. Get 10 games under his belt and we'll see the best of him again.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #3118 on: September 15, 2019, 11:49:13 am »
Just a couple of times we saw glimpses of that acceleration that allows him to get away from his marker and create an opportunity for a key pass or shot on goal. He's obviously not at his best but he's not had a lot of competitive minutes. Get 10 games under his belt and we'll see the best of him again.

I thought he did OK but gave the ball away/couple of misplaced passes, but to be expected after that lay off.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3119 on: September 15, 2019, 06:46:37 pm »
He was sloppy on the ball but his best bits of play came when he ran with the ball. Surely with the injury he had we would rather he illustrated the latter right now than the former.