Author Topic: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?  (Read 31788 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Has anyone got COVID-19 or suspect they do?
« Reply #160 on: April 2, 2020, 12:14:51 am »
My boss is in the same boat, struggling for breath today.. started coughing a lot on Friday. Worried about him as he has asthma but I don't think the information is clear enough.

Shortness of breath isn't a common symptom of the flu or cold according to this:

https://covidgraph.com/
My wife has asthma and gets short of breath with the usual winter viruses.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #161 on: April 2, 2020, 09:46:40 am »
That is the situation I am in. I'm 53, had my pericardium stripped at 32 but did get a pneumonia jab in 2000, so I should be OK.

The pneumonia jab doesn't protect against the coronavirus.  Also, you should have the vaccine every 5-7 years.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #162 on: April 2, 2020, 10:18:18 am »
The pneumonia jab doesn't protect against the coronavirus.  Also, you should have the vaccine every 5-7 years.

Got told I only needed it the once when they gave me it.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 2, 2020, 02:04:58 pm »
Got told I only needed it the once when they gave me it.

Was that because it gave you time to recover? Patients with chronic conditions are advised to be vaccinated every 5 years.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #164 on: April 2, 2020, 02:05:29 pm »

It will give some protection against complications such as pneumonia?

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #165 on: April 2, 2020, 02:22:33 pm »
It will give some protection against complications such as pneumonia?
That's true but the Coronavirus itself is not Pneumonia even though you get Pneumonia-like symptoms.
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 2, 2020, 02:53:13 pm »
That's true but the Coronavirus itself is not Pneumonia even though you get Pneumonia-like symptoms.

From what I’ve read, the virus itself actually only lasts days, or a week or so, but it can lead to pneumonia etc, which is also causing deaths. It’s the same with the flu season. The stats usually show deaths “associated” with flu, including post virus complications.

Disclaimer: I have no medical expertise whatsoever.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 2, 2020, 02:58:14 pm »
Was that because it gave you time to recover? Patients with chronic conditions are advised to be vaccinated every 5 years.

When I got given it, can't remember if it was at Wythenshawe where I had to op, or Southport which my local hospital who I was under, I was told at that time the jab I was given I would only need to have once in my lifetime. I am routinely called in for a flu jab and have never been told I needed another pneumonia jab.

From what I’ve read, the virus itself actually only lasts days, or a week or so, but it can lead to pneumonia etc, which is also causing deaths. It’s the same with the flu season. The stats usually show deaths “associated” with flu, including post virus complications.

Thats where my line of thinking came from, as it can lead to pneumonia.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: April 2, 2020, 03:01:39 pm »
When I got given it, can't remember if it was at Wythenshawe where I had to op, or Southport which my local hospital who I was under, I was told at that time the jab I was given I would only need to have once in my lifetime. I am routinely called in for a flu jab and have never been told I needed another pneumonia jab.

Thats where my line of thinking came from, as it can lead to pneumonia.

Yeah, Australia are also trialling the TB vaccine with healthcare workers because of a theory of it protecting against complications.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #169 on: April 2, 2020, 03:03:46 pm »

The cough can last for several weeks as well. I've been told I can return to work next week providing my temperature is normal. I still have the cough but you can have that for several weeks anyway.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 2, 2020, 05:56:34 pm »
Anyone who has caught it or knows someone with it, do you know how you got it, was it from someone you met or some place you have been?

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #171 on: April 2, 2020, 06:03:32 pm »
Probably the right place to put this..

https://gothamist.com/news/covid-19-recovery
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 2, 2020, 07:27:51 pm »
I have decided tomorrow I will go for a little saunter after fourteen days self-isolating. I only have a bit of a cough now, my taste has come back and my temperature is normal. Just feel as if I need a bit of proper fresh air, before Monday and returning to work.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #173 on: April 2, 2020, 07:56:40 pm »
I have decided tomorrow I will go for a little saunter after fourteen days self-isolating. I only have a bit of a cough now, my taste has come back and my temperature is normal. Just feel as if I need a bit of proper fresh air, before Monday and returning to work.
Best of luck Jill. Great to hear you're back fighting fit!

For my part I'd not realised how much time I spent outdoors, until the opportunity was taken away. Now a return to the great outdoors is the prize, in my mind, for the difficulties and denials of this period. And I hope I will, consequently, value it much more.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: April 2, 2020, 08:55:26 pm »
Best of luck Jill. Great to hear you're back fighting fit!

For my part I'd not realised how much time I spent outdoors, until the opportunity was taken away. Now a return to the great outdoors is the prize, in my mind, for the difficulties and denials of this period. And I hope I will, consequently, value it much more.

Absolutely I know what you mean. It is so easy to take things for granted, I've been lucky whereas I've had people around who have helped me in the difficult moments. My turn to return the favour now I think after tomorrow.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 5, 2020, 07:26:54 pm »
Chatted with my brother in law over the garden fence today, obviously kept our distance. He's feeling a lot better and managed to eat for the first time in over a week last night. Seems like he has had it, cough, fever lost of sense of taste.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #176 on: April 5, 2020, 10:08:53 pm »
Absolutely I know what you mean. It is so easy to take things for granted, I've been lucky whereas I've had people around who have helped me in the difficult moments. My turn to return the favour now I think after tomorrow.

Glad to hear Jill (and Rob's brother in law too).

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #177 on: April 8, 2020, 01:08:58 pm »
Yes. My sister in law and her husband have had it.
They were tested on March 10th and they were informed on March 11th
They caught it in Italy where they were the week before.
He was quite unwell, with a high fever. He is very fit (runs marathons) and was unable to eat for a week.
She was not so bad, but still quite unwell with a fever.
They are both now much better and are eating but still weak.
Their  son lives nearby and was shopping for them.
They are both PhD chemists - so not daft - and isolated themselves as soon as they got back from Italy. The test was done in their regional drive through centre in the UK.
Sorry for the long post but I think it’s interesting information
They have been told they are safe to go out 7 days after they feel well
They will not be tested again
They were patients 9 and 10 in their region

They’ve been asked to donate blood so the plasma antibodies can be used to treat very sick patients

Offline King_doggerel

• "What the fuck is a baldrick?"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 8, 2020, 03:32:38 pm »
They’ve been asked to donate blood so the plasma antibodies can be used to treat very sick patients

May I ask what sort of treatment they took considering that there is no vaccine?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #180 on: April 8, 2020, 11:00:37 pm »
Thanks Jm55. Great to be able to pass on real life stories like this to people I know who are ill. Some potential positivity among all the bad news as well. Long way to go, but that article also notes that an antiviral is now being tried, too.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 8, 2020, 11:25:51 pm »
May I ask what sort of treatment they took considering that there is no vaccine?

No treatment. Just paracetamol at home.

Offline King Kenny 7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 9, 2020, 01:39:39 pm »

That's great to read.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #183 on: April 9, 2020, 05:05:41 pm »
My wife was knocked out in bed for a week with a constant awful dry hacking cough. Had headaches and a couple of days mild loss of taste. Never got any higher than 37.9 temperature though so not 100% sure. It’s 2 weeks now, she’s able to be up and about doing normal house things but she still has coughing fits which are more mucussy. My 2 year old had an awful cough at the same time and similar temp but was like a toddler and fine in herself. I’ve had a very mild cough for a week and so have the in laws who we were last with at the lock down.

So confusing as there’s been lots of symptoms but some missing like high fever. But just feels like such a coincidence if it’s not. And I keep reading about ‘mild’ symptoms that all the celebrities seem to have and the difference in common symptoms.

Part of me thinks that when this is all done there’ll be hundreds of thousands of people who had it and never really knew.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: April 9, 2020, 07:39:26 pm »
I had a tickly cough last week then the other morning I woke up short of breath and yesterday I was short of breath and then struggled to breath for a bit. Ended up coughing up a load of shit from my lungs and it calmed down. Producing some sputum since then, which is apparently a symptom. Fuck knows though. This time of year makes it less likely to be other bugs. Been really fatigued too and loss of appetite. Food has been tasting horrible.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #185 on: April 9, 2020, 07:46:36 pm »
You both sound like you (and wife) have had it. No everyone manifests every symptom.

Be interesting when the serology (antibody) tests are available and we establish a division between 'Have-hads' and 'Have-not hads'

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: April 10, 2020, 09:37:01 pm »
I had a tickly cough last week then the other morning I woke up short of breath and yesterday I was short of breath and then struggled to breath for a bit. Ended up coughing up a load of shit from my lungs and it calmed down. Producing some sputum since then, which is apparently a symptom. Fuck knows though. This time of year makes it less likely to be other bugs. Been really fatigued too and loss of appetite. Food has been tasting horrible.

Temp 37.6 and 37.4 today. Feel fine apart from that.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: April 10, 2020, 10:23:00 pm »
Temp 37.6 and 37.4 today. Feel fine apart from that.

I still waiting for my ruddy thermometer to arrive, I'm also getting a sore throat which I'm hoping it's not the virus coming back, still coughing though not as much.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: April 10, 2020, 10:30:47 pm »
I still waiting for my ruddy thermometer to arrive, I'm also getting a sore throat which I'm hoping it's not the virus coming back, still coughing though not as much.
I ordered 2 thermometers a fortnight ago and it said delivery 5th April . . . . still waiting.    :(

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 10, 2020, 10:57:56 pm »

Order one off eBay. The ones with a pic of baby on the packet are marketed for children, but they’re the same as any other thermometer.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: April 11, 2020, 12:26:59 am »
Order one off eBay. The ones with a pic of baby on the packet are marketed for children, but they’re the same as any other thermometer.

I hadn’t thought about that, good idea.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: April 11, 2020, 12:28:45 am »
I ordered 2 thermometers a fortnight ago and it said delivery 5th April . . . . still waiting.    :(

I suppose they are pretty much running out of them, though I think it’s a delay with Royal Mail that has held up my order.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 11, 2020, 12:44:15 am »
I suppose they are pretty much running out of them, though I think it’s a delay with Royal Mail that has held up my order.

Yeah all deliveries are coming later. Amazon Prime is now more like 5 days rather than next day.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 11, 2020, 12:46:46 am »

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Digital-LCD-Thermometer-Baby-Medical-Adult-Safe-Body-Ear-Mouth-Temperature/303535755803?_trkparms

They mostly seem to be click and collect now. Maybe it’s quicker as a few stores receive delivery rather than individual houses.

Offline Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #194 on: April 11, 2020, 12:57:00 am »
I've got both an LCD thermometer (batteries probably dead) and a classic clinical mercury thermometer somewhere. But could I find them, the other day when I felt I had a rising temperature?

Ended up using a cheapo fridge thermometer just to make sure I wasn't way over or anything.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 11, 2020, 01:20:26 am »
I've got both an LCD thermometer (batteries probably dead) and a classic clinical mercury thermometer somewhere. But could I find them, the other day when I felt I had a rising temperature?

Ended up using a cheapo fridge thermometer just to make sure I wasn't way over or anything.

This is my first home where we have an oven thermometer and a fridge/freezer thermometer. Actually pretty important. I’m always finding the oven needs adjusting and now I have the fridge and freezer at ideal temps, food seems to be lasting longer. I never used to even think of adjusting the temp. Must be getting old.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 11, 2020, 07:49:40 am »
Thanks for that.

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #197 on: May 4, 2020, 12:35:48 pm »
Does anyone feel like they are hearing less and less of people they know getting symptoms or getting the virus? In the last 3-4 weeks?

Or is it a case of people having calmed down a bit and aren't going mad trying to look for potential symptoms of the virus?

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #198 on: May 4, 2020, 01:18:31 pm »
Maybe a bit of both? Someone I work with it has been off with for 2 weeks and sounds like has it and can’t shake it off. She’s only mid 20s but I think has one or two underlying issues. Pretty sure she’d have been as careful as she could be.

I know someone else who was rough for a few days and self isolated from the rest of his family who now seems to be fully recovered.

On the whole it does fee as if things have calmed down a bit but obviously that’s a very small sample size and who knows if we’ll see an increase as and when things get lifted (or before of people get too relaxed).

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #199 on: May 4, 2020, 02:40:26 pm »
Maybe a bit of both? Someone I work with it has been off with for 2 weeks and sounds like has it and can’t shake it off. She’s only mid 20s but I think has one or two underlying issues. Pretty sure she’d have been as careful as she could be.

I know someone else who was rough for a few days and self isolated from the rest of his family who now seems to be fully recovered.

On the whole it does fee as if things have calmed down a bit but obviously that’s a very small sample size and who knows if we’ll see an increase as and when things get lifted (or before of people get too relaxed).

Oh yes definitely, on your last point! Most of my family are in Ireland, where things feel a lot more contained and here in England, thankfully my Husband's family are all well and taking it very seriously.

But I don't hear a lot from the wider community, maybe it is just lack of exposure. I don't really know of a lot of confirmed cases - a few suspected but nothing that has hospitalised anyone thankfully.

Hopefully they time the easing of the restrictions properly, as it feels like already people are getting a little complacent.