Yvette Cooper
Maria Eagle
Andy Burnham
Steve Rotheram
Emily Thornberry
Barry Gardiner
Hilary Benn
Someone else...

Author Topic: Next Labour leader  (Read 10232 times)

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
Re: Next Labour leader
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 04:43:03 pm »
Personally I would like Andy Burnham to run but know he's got the Manchester mayor role and would need to stand as an MP.

He's doing a great job in Manchester and the only way we're going to survive the next 5 years is to have powerful councils fighting for more devolved powers and more separation from central Tory government.

Same applies for Rotherham.

Since we're talking about this purely from a popularity contest rather than who is actually capable then Starmer is unfortunately the clear choice out of that list.

There's just no realistic name on that list that sticks out as an leader of the opposition that is going to hold this government to account

After seeing his leadership campaign in 2015 I don't think he is anywhere near good enough. There are already some pointed remarks about MPs hiding in the mayoralties.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2019, 04:44:33 pm »
I would keep Corbyn as Foreign Secretary to keep that side happy.

Not sure if serious...

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2019, 04:47:03 pm »
I would keep Corbyn as Foreign Secretary to keep that side happy.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2019, 05:07:04 pm »
Not sure if serious...

Was thinking that or Defence Minister. Not decided where he would be best placed yet.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2019, 05:11:41 pm »
Not an outstanding crop I think we'd all agree. Would say Starmer is the best by a distance though; experience in the shadow cabinet, smart enough, unifying figure and nothing for the rags to really get stuck in to.

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #45 on: December 18, 2019, 05:14:03 pm »
Was thinking that or Defence Minister. Not decided where he would be best placed yet.

You should be up on stage performing at a Comedy Club.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: December 18, 2019, 05:21:53 pm »
shadow ambassador to the chagos islands

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: December 18, 2019, 05:23:48 pm »

In the fucking bin.

Online Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: December 18, 2019, 05:41:59 pm »

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2019, 06:04:20 pm »
Whats David Milliband upto?
The last I knew, he was working (and living, I think) in the US. I can't imagine him being tempted back in present circumstances.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: December 18, 2019, 06:07:00 pm »
A pasture, perhaps?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #51 on: December 18, 2019, 06:33:06 pm »

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #52 on: December 18, 2019, 07:44:57 pm »
This man:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Jx-FxjPPSc&t=66s
rather him than Starmer got more charisma,  but i would still personally like Nandy
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: December 18, 2019, 08:52:57 pm »
rather him than Starmer got more charisma,  but i would still personally like Nandy

Lisa Nandy for me too. She’s excellent.

I see Emily Thornberry has thrown her hat in the ring. I’d be surprised if the chubster won. She’s be an awful leader.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #54 on: December 18, 2019, 08:54:27 pm »
Lisa Nandy for me too. She’s excellent.
I know absolutely nothing about her.

Not being Long Bailey, Burgeon or Thornberry instantly make her a favourite for me.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #55 on: December 18, 2019, 08:58:50 pm »

Not being Long Bailey, Burgeon or Thornberry instantly make her a favourite for me.

Lisa Nandy is the outstanding candidate for many reasons. Articulate, straight talker, super bright, centre left values, female, northern, young ... all of this makes her a very electable figurehead in 5 years time. She’s also not part of Corbyn’s inner circle, yet not a bland Blairite. She’d represent a bright new direction for Labour.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #56 on: December 18, 2019, 09:08:03 pm »

Neither do I. A quick browse leads me to believe she's renowned for her passion for towns. Considering Labour are haemorrhaging them it could be worse I suppose.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: December 18, 2019, 09:10:16 pm »
Nandy is ok I guess but I think she would struggle with the pressure of the job and you will get sick of the amount of times she says “...towns like mine”.

Offline west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #58 on: December 18, 2019, 09:15:30 pm »
Benn or Starmer for me. Both would be good at the despatch box, though maybe Benn brings more charisma.

The worry for me with Benn would be the use of his hard Left father against him and the very nasty headlines that could bring, and the hard left telling him how ashamed his father would be of him etc etc. If I’m overthinking that and it doesn’t look like an issue, then he’s probably my second choice after Starmer.
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: December 18, 2019, 09:18:49 pm »
Nandy is ok I guess but I think she would struggle with the pressure of the job and you will get sick of the amount of times she says “...towns like mine”.

I think she’s nice enough, but I can see her getting torn to shreds by the Neanderthals of the Tory back benches and press, she just seems a bit soft. As least with Phillips you know she’ll give as good as she gets, I just don’t see that with Nandy at all
Thinking is overrated.

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: December 18, 2019, 09:19:43 pm »
Things I didn't know about Lisa Nandy: her father is described as an "Indian Marxist academic", and her mother is the daughter of a Liberal Peer. She says her father thinks she is right wing.
Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: December 18, 2019, 09:20:15 pm »
Lisa Nandy would be  great choice, not many come off Sofia Ridge show so impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvSjiIPWX4
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: December 18, 2019, 09:25:08 pm »
I think she’s nice enough, but I can see her getting torn to shreds by the Neanderthals of the Tory back benches and press, she just seems a bit soft. As least with Phillips you know she’ll give as good as she gets, I just don’t see that with Nandy at all

Phillips would give as good as she got but she has been dragged into too many identity politics debates and arguments. Same with Lammy.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: December 18, 2019, 10:47:41 pm »
Clive Lewis:

Clive Anthony Lewis[1] (born 11 September 1971) is a British Labour politician who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Norwich South since winning the seat at the 2015 general election.[2]

He studied at the University of Bradford before being elected to various student union roles and then serving as vice-president of the National Union of Students. Lewis then worked as a TV reporter for BBC News, becoming BBC Look East's chief political correspondent. He was also one of the Labour government's National Black Role Models. In 2006, he passed out of Sandhurst as an infantry officer with the Territorial Army, and he served a three-month tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2009.

Appointed to Jeremy Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet as Shadow Secretary of State for Defence in June 2016,[3] Lewis was appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in the October 2016 reshuffle. He left the Shadow Cabinet on 8 February 2017 in protest over the Labour Party's decision to whip its MPs into voting to trigger Article 50,[4] but rejoined the front bench a year later.

Born in London, Lewis grew up on a council estate in Northampton, the son of a single father.[5] He was the first member of his family to attend university, reading economics at the University of Bradford before being elected student union president, and later vice-president of the National Union of Students.[6] In November 1995, he was a signatory to a letter that argued for the abolition of student loans, saying "Any loans system will be unfair".[7]
--------------

It's enough for me.

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #64 on: December 18, 2019, 10:57:24 pm »
Lisa Nandy would be  great choice, not many come off Sofia Ridge show so impressive.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxvSjiIPWX4

Never heard her speak before. She's good, very good. Has to be in a major shadow cabinet post at minimum. If not leader, deputy leader i can see her excelling at.

Lewis and Nandy as leader/deputy either way and Starmer shadow chancellor from the runners and riders so far.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #65 on: December 18, 2019, 10:58:49 pm »
The political cartoonists are going to love this circus. Clowns galore, people walking tightropes, we've already got an elephant prancing around the ring and a good few performing their very own gravitas defying acts - God I wish I could draw.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2019, 11:14:14 pm »
Never heard her speak before. She's good, very good. Has to be in a major shadow cabinet post at minimum. If not leader, deputy leader i can see her excelling at.

Lewis and Nandy as leader/deputy either way and Starmer shadow chancellor from the runners and riders so far.
Yeah, same here to be honest, it's not that I agree with everything she says and am not even sure if she has the solutions to the problems she's talking about but you can see people sat at home being impressed.comes over as someone who cares, knows what shes talking about, good answers to some difficult questions.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2019, 11:22:13 pm »
Clive Lewis:

Clive Anthony Lewis[1] (born 11 September 1971) is a British Labour politician who has been the Member of Parliament (MP) for Norwich South since winning the seat at the 2015 general election.[2]

He studied at the University of Bradford before being elected to various student union roles and then serving as vice-president of the National Union of Students. Lewis then worked as a TV reporter for BBC News, becoming BBC Look East's chief political correspondent. He was also one of the Labour government's National Black Role Models. In 2006, he passed out of Sandhurst as an infantry officer with the Territorial Army, and he served a three-month tour of duty in Afghanistan in 2009.

Appointed to Jeremy Corbyn's Shadow Cabinet as Shadow Secretary of State for Defence in June 2016,[3] Lewis was appointed Shadow Secretary of State for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy in the October 2016 reshuffle. He left the Shadow Cabinet on 8 February 2017 in protest over the Labour Party's decision to whip its MPs into voting to trigger Article 50,[4] but rejoined the front bench a year later.

Born in London, Lewis grew up on a council estate in Northampton, the son of a single father.[5] He was the first member of his family to attend university, reading economics at the University of Bradford before being elected student union president, and later vice-president of the National Union of Students.[6] In November 1995, he was a signatory to a letter that argued for the abolition of student loans, saying "Any loans system will be unfair".[7]
--------------

It's enough for me.

”on your knees bitch” will make an easy ad for the tories

Online Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2019, 11:23:23 pm »
Yeah, same here to be honest, it's not that I agree with everything she says and am not even sure if she has the solutions to the problems she's talking about but you can see people sat at home being impressed.comes over as someone who cares, knows what shes talking about, good answers to some difficult questions.

There was no equivocation at all, every question was answered fully and with a honesty, depth of thought and understanding which is very rare to hear these days from a politician. I'd trust her and would also expect to see an very competent leader doing the right things at the right times for the right reasons.

Im a fan now anyway 😁

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2019, 11:25:56 pm »
There was no equivocation at all, every question was answered fully and with a honesty, depth of thought and understanding which is very rare to hear these days from a politician. I'd trust her and would also expect to see an very competent leader doing the right things at the right times for the right reasons.

Im a fan now anyway 😁
Oh Lisa Nandy oh Lisa Nandy. :)
               Emily Maitlis

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2019, 11:39:34 pm »
They have Boris as their leader and if that's all they have on Lewis he shouldn't be too worried.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2019, 11:42:41 pm »
Oh Lisa Nandy oh Lisa Nandy. :)
looks a bit too much like Sarah sanders for me ;)

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: December 19, 2019, 12:08:36 am »
looks a bit too much like Sarah sanders for me ;)
Could be worse,she could of looked a bit like Bernie Sanders. :)
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: December 19, 2019, 12:12:48 am »
And Colonel Sanders didn't work out too well.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #74 on: December 19, 2019, 12:40:17 am »
And Colonel Sanders didn't work out too well.
However Black and Deckers Sanders are ok!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: December 19, 2019, 02:28:43 am »

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #76 on: December 19, 2019, 02:52:06 am »
But her emails...
The big problem with Hilary Benn is that he reminds everyone of their first wife.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: December 19, 2019, 08:37:39 am »

I’m not sure people care, they certainly didn’t when it came to Johnson and his behaviour with women, his wife, his girlfriend etc
Thinking is overrated.

Offline west_london_red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2019, 08:38:39 am »
Phillips would give as good as she got but she has been dragged into too many identity politics debates and arguments. Same with Lammy.

I don’t think anyone has suggested Lammy have they?
Thinking is overrated.

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2019, 08:47:03 am »
Where's the Lisa Nandy hype come from? Barely heard of her before last week. I saw an interview she gave yesterday and she looks like a rabbit in the headlights, had this weird frightened look on her face all the way through.