Author Topic: Adam Lallana  (Read 589274 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: Adam Lallana
« Reply #3160 on: September 3, 2018, 12:09:11 pm »
I'm not saying he definitely won't make it to be a top class, but it's premature to be carrying on as though he definitely will.

Comparisons with Alli are absurd at this stage.

That's a really boring fence to sit on.

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3161 on: September 3, 2018, 01:09:15 pm »
That's a really boring fence to sit on.
So if I don't either 100% dismiss or 100% confirm Maddison's chances of reaching Dele Alli's level (back to back PFA Young Player), I'm 'sitting on the fence' and a boring one at that.

Ok mate.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3162 on: September 3, 2018, 01:14:12 pm »
I'm not saying he definitely won't make it to be a top class, but it's premature to be carrying on as though he definitely will.

Comparisons with Alli are absurd at this stage.

Not sure what you mean by make it, I'd say he's already better than the majority of midfielders in this league.

If you gave me a list of every midfielder in this league I'd have him in top 25%.

But if you mean ready for a top 6 side? Then debatable. But he'd get into Arsenals starting 11 sometimes and he'd get quite a lot of games here due to us missing out on Fekir. So would have been worth the £20m. But as I say he'll get the most game time at Leicester, they'll make a huge profit on him when they come to sell him imo.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2018, 01:19:13 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline KingKolo

• usernamechangefullcirclejerk
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3163 on: September 3, 2018, 06:11:44 pm »

If you gave me a list of every midfielder in this league I'd have him in top 25%.
He's played 4 top flight games!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #3164 on: September 3, 2018, 11:31:17 pm »
Some piss poor trolling going in this thread. Give it a rest, eh?
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3165 on: September 4, 2018, 03:04:16 pm »
Hopefully it's not too serious.

Online Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3166 on: September 4, 2018, 03:04:59 pm »
paul joyce
‏ @_pauljoyce
29s29 seconds ago

Adam Lallana suffered groin injury with England and returning to Liverpool.

Total waste of time this lad now unfortunately and nowhere near good enough that we should put up with the constant injuries. Hopefully we move on in January.

Another player injured during training with Engurland.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3167 on: September 4, 2018, 03:06:03 pm »
paul joyce
‏ @_pauljoyce
29s29 seconds ago

Total waste of time this lad now unfortunately and nowhere near good enough that we should put up with the constant injuries. Hopefully we move on in January.

Hopefully they'll find it to not be serious and he can rest before the Spurs match.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #3168 on: September 4, 2018, 03:07:11 pm »
Hopefully it's not too serious.

Hopefully, to talented not to be playing

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3169 on: September 4, 2018, 03:08:30 pm »
Hopefully not serious but he’s really struggling these days.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3170 on: September 4, 2018, 03:08:36 pm »
Hopefully they'll find it to not be serious and he can rest before the Spurs match.

Don't think he would be playing against Spurs to begin with, I think his best chance is either Soton at Anfield or Chelsea at Anfield in the cup.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3171 on: September 4, 2018, 03:09:35 pm »
Don't think he would be playing against Spurs to begin with, I think his best chance is either Soton at Anfield or Chelsea at Anfield in the cup.

That's true. At least it means one less player on international duty, hopefully the injury is minor.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3172 on: September 4, 2018, 03:16:03 pm »
Why is he even with the England squad? He hasn't been fit enough to play for us and then gets injured again.

He's our new Sturridge.

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3173 on: September 4, 2018, 03:17:11 pm »
Why is he even with the England squad? He hasn't been fit enough to play for us and then gets injured again.

Baffling isn't it, unless he's explicitly requested to go.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3174 on: September 4, 2018, 03:18:57 pm »
Baffling isn't it, unless he's explicitly requested to go.

He can't request to be called up.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3175 on: September 4, 2018, 03:22:30 pm »
He can't request to be called up.

I meant to us. We should be telling him not to bother due to his fitness, he might want to play though.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3176 on: September 4, 2018, 03:22:31 pm »
Probably doing something ludicrously England like last ditch sliding tackle training.

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3177 on: September 4, 2018, 03:23:05 pm »
How much of this has to do with the physio that left two summers' ago?  Not sure about the timing of Lallana's big injury 1 year 1/2 ago?

Anyone fill in the gaps here about Adam's injury decline?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3178 on: September 4, 2018, 03:25:00 pm »
Getting a bit daft now and it would have to be with England, we get a couple of these a season.
He's got talent, but completely unreliable nowadays which is sad for us but even sadder for him as the squad is being upgraded around him.
We really needed him in Oxlade Chamberlain's absence.
As soon as the thread was bumped news of an injury was the fear.
I just hope that Klopp told him to pull up early on so that he could get back to Melwood to do some proper work.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3179 on: September 4, 2018, 03:25:37 pm »
Shock horror liverpool player injured for england. Hopefully is a precaution and not another set back.

Online Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3180 on: September 4, 2018, 03:26:25 pm »
It might not have been through fitness work but why do players need to do this with an international team? Surely it should be all about systems and tactics and putting these into place with such a limited time together? I fucking hate international football, especially needless games at the beginning of the season so soon after a summer tournament.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3181 on: September 4, 2018, 03:29:05 pm »
paul joyce
‏ @_pauljoyce
29s29 seconds ago

Yeah -that's it. YNWA- Move him on, useless git. Fans then have the temerity to complain how Coutinho treated the club but ok for us to move him on.
Whilst I agree with the general sentiment that we ought to plan without relying on his services, as a club, we do have a duty just as we did with Ings. As frustrating as it for us fans, I have no doubt that no one is more frustrated than him right now. Do you have any idea what it is like for a professional to endure repeated injuries?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #3182 on: September 4, 2018, 03:32:02 pm »
It might not have been through fitness work but why do players need to do this with an international team? Surely it should be all about systems and tactics and putting these into place with such a limited time together? I fucking hate international football, especially needless games at the beginning of the season so soon after a summer tournament.

Every time, we get at least one and sometimes multiple injuries.... every time

I cannot stand this international kind of intrusion....
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3183 on: September 4, 2018, 03:33:33 pm »
Every time, we get at least one and sometimes multiple injuries.... every time

I cannot stand this international kind of intrusion....

This early season international break in particular.  There's no need for it.

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3184 on: September 4, 2018, 03:35:12 pm »
Yeah -that's it. YNWA- Move him on, useless git. Fans then have the temerity to complain how Coutinho treated the club but ok for us to move him on.
Whilst I agree with the general sentiment that we ought to plan without relying on his services, as a club, we do have a duty just as we did with Ings. As frustrating as it for us fans, I have no doubt that no one is more frustrated than him right now. Do you have any idea what it is like for a professional to endure repeated injuries?

Lallana, Sturridge and probably Matip are all in the 'bonus' players boat for me. I do not get my hopes up or expect them to be available, so I'm not disappointed or angry when the inevitable happens!

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3185 on: September 4, 2018, 03:35:46 pm »
LFC Physio - 'Sorry Adam, there's only one thing for it - we're going to have to sort out your hair'

AL, writhing - 'Nooooooooooooooo'

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #3186 on: September 4, 2018, 03:44:29 pm »

He's our new Sturridge.

I know, it's odd, I guess it just shows the lack of attacking quality England have these days.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3187 on: September 4, 2018, 03:44:44 pm »
So do we keep him forever then because having injuries is tough? Should he get another contract out of sympathy as we have to "treat him right"? I'm sure it's crap being injured yes, must be grim going in and all the lads are training and you watching from the gym or physio room but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm sure it was also shit for Fekir when we broke his heart in the summer by pulling out but we had to protect ourselves so it was the right decision. We are trying to compete with a side that just put up 100 points, it's hard to carry passengers. He's been here 4 years, had multiple injuries every season and overall probably about a years worth of really good performances. When is enough enough and we go and get a player that can offer us more?

As I said- I can agree with the sentiment to plan the future without him as he becomes ever increasingly unreliable just as has been the case with Sturridge and Ings.  My objection which probably is an over reaction was the "waste of time " throw away comment.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3188 on: September 4, 2018, 03:44:58 pm »
So do we keep him forever then because having injuries is tough? Should he get another contract out of sympathy as we have to "treat him right"? I'm sure it's crap being injured yes, must be grim going in and all the lads are training and you watching from the gym or physio room but I'm not sure what that has to do with anything. I'm sure it was also shit for Fekir when we broke his heart in the summer by pulling out but we had to protect ourselves so it was the right decision. We are trying to compete with a side that just put up 100 points, it's hard to carry passengers. He's been here 4 years, had multiple injuries every season and overall probably about a years worth of really good performances. When is enough enough and we go and get a player that can offer us more?

That's down to the manager. A simple search will show you everything that Klopp has said Lallana and how he views him. Ultimately he will decide when he's had enough and moves him on. Regardless of what you and I may feel, he will b the one making the decision.

People were saying the same about Sturridge, and Klopp decided that he wants him around [along with Sturridge wanting to be here]

Offline Entropicity

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3189 on: September 4, 2018, 03:54:08 pm »
The World Cup is over... what are these international breaks for? Isn't a break a rest period? Or are these periods for breaking players?

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3190 on: September 4, 2018, 03:59:11 pm »
The World Cup is over... what are these international breaks for? Isn't a break a rest period? Or are these periods for breaking players?

Various friendlies and continental competitions like the UEFA Nations League.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3191 on: September 4, 2018, 03:59:34 pm »

Season     league starts     League goals    Overall Apps

2014–15   27                  5                     41
2015–16   30                  4                     49
2016–17   31                  8                     35
2017–18   11                  0                     13

148 appearances in 4 years. Not been that badly impacted from the injuries, though I concede there's an argument he might be seeing the effects more now. We'll see how bad this one is.

Think it was the disrespectful tone of your post that got my back up to be honest. Still our player, and has been a very good one for us too.
« Last Edit: September 4, 2018, 04:04:43 pm by wige »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #3192 on: September 4, 2018, 04:07:05 pm »
Time for him to retire from international football, rather than picking up stupid injuries in  training for England

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3193 on: September 4, 2018, 04:07:56 pm »
Ah fair enough, guess waste of time reads a little harsh, didn't mean it about him as a person or talent wise but it has got to the stage where it feels a waste of time having him at the club. Hopefully it's not too bad as we are about to enter a crazy busy stretch but I suspect he'll be out for a few weeks, then it will be a few weeks gaining sharpness then a few more weeks sitting on the bench as the manager won't trust someone who's barely played. Then he'll get injured again. Hopefully Naby is ready to play a lot as I'm not sure there's much of a link between midfield and attack without him (and Lallana and Ox)

I understand the frustration. He was effectively out the entire season last year and you wonder whether he will ever get back up to speed. I was going to say that hopefully Sturridge can repay the faith the club had placed in him. Yet the club were happy to let him go and the credit is therefore all his, even though he still needs to prove it on the pitch over the season when the chance materializes.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3194 on: September 4, 2018, 04:08:20 pm »
Time for him to retire from international football, rather than picking up stupid injuries in  training for England

This is the answer.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #3195 on: September 4, 2018, 04:09:49 pm »
Hopefully not serious but he’s really struggling these days.

These days! He's been injured more often than not for the best part of 2 years.

Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3196 on: September 4, 2018, 04:10:11 pm »
This is the answer.

I second this, he really needs to at this point if he wants to prolong his career. It may be however a tough pill for him to swallow. He's a competitor afterall

Online Dench57

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3197 on: September 4, 2018, 04:17:36 pm »
Milner retired at his age

Online JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #3198 on: September 4, 2018, 04:18:18 pm »
Season     league starts     League goals    Overall Apps

2014–15   27                  5                     41
2015–16   30                  4                     49
2016–17   31                  8                     35
2017–18   11                  0                     13

148 appearances in 4 years. Not been that badly impacted from the injuries, though I concede there's an argument he might be seeing the effects more now. We'll see how bad this one is.

It's pretty bad I'm afraid
He's missed 30% ish of his possible games due to injury ... and the ratio in the last 2 years is much worse.. and that's not including spells where he's been a sub or playing but coming back to full fitness
This is his 11th hip or groin injury!

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3199 on: September 4, 2018, 04:56:39 pm »
I think calls for quitting England are right.
When a player gets a bit older, a bit more injury prone too,  and given England's history with injuring players - and not just ours - knocking it on the head is the sensible option. Use the breaks to rest - it's done Milner the world of good.
If he carries on like this I think his current contract will be his last with us.