Poll

Lastrador or Sarge?

Lastrador
13 (72.2%)
Sarge
5 (27.8%)

Total Members Voted: 18

Voting closed: December 15, 2021, 10:13:54 pm

Author Topic: PL 11 clubs draft Final (Lastrador vs Sarge)  (Read 1057 times)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
PL 11 clubs draft Final (Lastrador vs Sarge)
« on: December 14, 2021, 10:13:29 pm »
Lastrador

Sarge

Linudden.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Re: PL 11 clubs draft Final (Lastrador vs Sarge)
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2021, 10:15:47 pm »
Best of luck Las :thumbup
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 10:41:49 pm »
My back four and kepper are stronger by some distance, mifield i win by a fair bit two, second in the frowards i will admit but they have goals in them my two lads.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2021, 10:45:29 pm »
Best of luck Las :thumbup
You too matey.  :)

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2021, 11:06:49 pm »
Genuinely had to think for a lot of minutes on this one. Two very even teams with strengths in different departments. Since I like to be friends with everybody I'll not disclose who I voted for, but it was a damn good final :wave
Linudden.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2021, 07:35:23 am »
Voted for Lastrador in every other round and I won’t be stopping now, I feel it’s the best team in the draft. Sarge’s team is good, it has a really nice defence but as I went into detail in the last thread, that midfield looks a hodgepodge of very good players that don’t look suit to one another or the formation they’re in.

Both worthy winners though.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2021, 08:08:02 am »
Lastrador for me. A) He knocked me out so getting knocked out by the eventual winner and knowing i dodged this tainted bullet is an early christmas present and b)Martin Keown was a bad pick in the spirit of the draft. Sorry Sarge

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2021, 09:03:45 am »
My back four and kepper are stronger by some distance, mifield i win by a fair bit two, second in the frowards i will admit but they have goals in them my two lads.

Your right back and keeper are stronger by some distance, and thats it ;)

I'd pay to see Mo Salah Vs Martin Keown though
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2021, 11:26:07 am »
You're all fucking clueless :D

Well done Las.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2021, 11:26:55 am »
Your right back and keeper are stronger by some distance, and thats it ;)

I'd pay to see Mo Salah Vs Martin Keown though

Yeah my two in CM are shite :D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2021, 11:29:40 am »
Yeah my two in CM are shite :D
Not shite, but really don't suit each other one bit.

The score was a lot more on sided than I expected, but well out lads and well done to Lastrador.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2021, 11:29:49 am »
Well no they're not shite but you've got two good ones and Lastrador has three good ones, and then you've put potentially another good one out on the left wing. If you had one of Hasselbaink or Cole and then another goalscoring winger on the left with David Silva in the same role as Bernardo Silva for his team, it'd be a lot closer.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2021, 11:49:53 am »
Well no they're not shite but you've got two good ones and Lastrador has three good ones, and then you've put potentially another good one out on the left wing. If you had one of Hasselbaink or Cole and then another goalscoring winger on the left with David Silva in the same role as Bernardo Silva for his team, it'd be a lot closer.
This is what would make the team look so much more balanced, Silva in the 10 with the other two deep, get rid of Hasselbaink and add a high-quality winger to the mix. The balance would feel that much greater.

I can't talk, my team was horrible. 3 Tens with one forced to masquerade as a winger and another as a CM, horrible picks in goal and left back and high quality strikers with a blend behind them that simply did not fit. I should've gone 4-3-3 from the off or 4-2-3-1 and got that second holding player. Live and learn, the message is; don't draft Lukaku.

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2021, 12:52:49 pm »
This is what would make the team look so much more balanced, Silva in the 10 with the other two deep, get rid of Hasselbaink and add a high-quality winger to the mix. The balance would feel that much greater.
Yeah Sarge you fucked up picking a keeper early. Was running late into the draft but there was atleast one quality winger still available in kanchelskis (who was picked shortly after your go) he could have gone down as your everton pick and still probably would have gotten van der sar anyway. everton Keown would have been no loss. Keepers are last round material

Offline Lawnmowerman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2021, 12:53:22 pm »
Goodness gravy me. That's a shellacking

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2021, 01:41:37 pm »
Yeah, Sarge team is very strong and a worthy finalist. But if I had to pick holes on his side it would not be the players per se, they are individually all good picks (with some reservations), but the balance is just a little off attacking wise. I would have preferred to see someone like Kinkaladze picked to play on the wing over Hasselbaink, who was the better player but his inclusion kind of screwed the balance. It still is a very nice team though.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2021, 06:06:58 pm »
Yeah, Sarge team is very strong and a worthy finalist. But if I had to pick holes on his side it would not be the players per se, they are individually all good picks (with some reservations), but the balance is just a little off attacking wise. I would have preferred to see someone like Kinkaladze picked to play on the wing over Hasselbaink, who was the better player but his inclusion kind of screwed the balance. It still is a very nice team though.

Yeah i wanted Silva in behins the CF with two wide but i could not find that player, ahh well a bit of fun and well sdone.
Y.N.W.A.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2021, 06:40:16 pm »
Sympathy vote for Sarge because I wanted to see what the score was.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2021, 09:44:40 pm »
Yeah i wanted Silva in behins the CF with two wide but i could not find that player, ahh well a bit of fun and well sdone.
Yes, we've all been there mate, but you put forward one fine team regardless. Cheers mate, and well played.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2021, 09:53:06 pm »

:o

Well done Last though, great team. Unlucky Sarge.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2021, 09:55:14 pm »
Still think I should have won.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2021, 09:57:48 pm »
:o

Well done Last though, great team. Unlucky Sarge.
Thanks mate.  :)

Still think I should have won.

You can’t always rely on your charm Nick, you have to build a decent team sometimes.  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2021, 10:26:22 pm »
Thanks mate.  :)

You can’t always rely on your charm Nick, you have to build a decent team sometimes.  ;D

Haha. I was just reading all the praise for his Aguero in his retirement thread. Where were those fuckers when I need them.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2021, 10:37:01 pm »
Haha. I was just reading all the praise for his Aguero in his retirement thread. Where were those fuckers when I need them.
Bad timing mate. Had he announced his retirement three days ago, you would be here, holding the Jordan ditch PL trophy.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2021, 11:34:13 pm »
Y.N.W.A.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: December 16, 2021, 10:45:16 am »

Aye, and it definitely didn't help with the rules changing a quarter through the selections!

But looking at the selections, Ljungberg, Duff, Kewell, Ginola, Alexis Sanchez and Coutinho all went after you'd picked Andy Cole and I reckon had you got one of them and still got Hasselbaink last pick (which is a great last pick) you maybe win that one.

Offline Sarge

• Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #26 on: December 16, 2021, 11:22:45 am »
Ahh kot to worry I know we're I got it wrong but as I say a bit of fun even if the thing was a bit of a mess.
Y.N.W.A.