Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19345 times)

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #80 on: October 13, 2021, 01:25:19 pm »
Ole?

Really wanted to post the neckless Solskjaer from the game but can't find it anywhere. Must have been banned from the internet
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: October 13, 2021, 02:08:09 pm »

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #82 on: October 13, 2021, 03:08:46 pm »
RAWK Always delivers! Will always get a laugh from me that
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2021, 10:58:37 am »
If I understand this correctly, FIFA now wants $1 billion every four years from EA for naming rights. These two cartels truly deserve each other.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2021, 12:22:47 pm »
If I understand this correctly, FIFA now wants $1 billion every four years from EA for naming rights. These two cartels truly deserve each other.
That's wild. I think there's a genuine chance it's EA Football 23 next year. They need to concentrate on securing the Serie A licenses, they've been bleeding them in recent years.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: October 17, 2021, 04:22:23 pm »
FIFA now apparently have “plans to target EA’s monopoly on football video games”. It’s beautiful, greed vs. greed. I doubt anything here will benefit the consumers but at least EA are feeling some pressure.

I haven’t played FIFA in many years so if I’m just annoying you here, say the word and I’ll shut up. There’s a decent youtuber named YongYea who covers this in some detail. https://youtu.be/tOnMBq9WdzY

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #86 on: October 17, 2021, 04:37:13 pm »
FIFA now apparently have “plans to target EA’s monopoly on football video games”. It’s beautiful, greed vs. greed. I doubt anything here will benefit the consumers but at least EA are feeling some pressure.

I haven’t played FIFA in many years so if I’m just annoying you here, say the word and I’ll shut up. There’s a decent youtuber named YongYea who covers this in some detail. https://youtu.be/tOnMBq9WdzY

I expect just like when Sports Interactive lost it's Championship Manager name to Eidos and had to rename to Football Manager, most Fifa fans would stick with whatever EA bring out even if another game emerged with the Fifa moniker.

Sounds like FIFA are hiking the price for the rights to the name and EA are calling their bluff with registering EA Football FC.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #87 on: October 22, 2021, 12:16:20 pm »
Any tactical setups that might help me get a result in FUT division 2? I feel like a toddler playing the game now.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #88 on: October 22, 2021, 01:15:57 pm »
That's wild. I think there's a genuine chance it's EA Football 23 next year. They need to concentrate on securing the Serie A licenses, they've been bleeding them in recent years.

Not sure they will call it EA Football simply for the American Market.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2021, 01:38:22 pm »
Not sure they will call it EA Football simply for the American Market.
They'd probably call it EA Soccer for the US market. Can't see them releasing something branded 'soccer' in the UK.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #90 on: October 22, 2021, 07:26:39 pm »
They'd probably call it EA Soccer for the US market. Can't see them releasing something branded 'soccer' in the UK.

They did in the last. Used to be called fifa soccer in the 90’s. Plus sensible soccer. Depends on whether then lose less by calling it soccer or football.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2021, 08:25:10 am »
They did in the last. Used to be called fifa soccer in the 90’s. Plus sensible soccer. Depends on whether then lose less by calling it soccer or football.
Every football game other than FIFA has had some iteration of Soccer in the title, I may be wrong I’d just be surprised to see Fifa brand it as that.

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #92 on: November 4, 2021, 10:45:16 pm »
Mane is baller on FUT, worth every precious coin!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #93 on: November 5, 2021, 12:05:54 pm »
Had to pack this in in the end. It's fun but every single game was a 7/8/9 goal thriller. I mainly play football games for the offline content and there was just no immersion at all. I saw someone with a similar complaint get told to up the difficulty level if they were finding it too easy to score, but that's not a solution. I concede plenty of goals on World Class difficulty level, but I was able to score enough to win games. If I still the difficulty level up I'll stick concede tons, I'll just score fewer and be pasted every game.

I want a game where I can grind out a nervy 1-0 win over a stubborn Burnley or pick up some regulation 2-0s or 3-1s against Wolves, Villa etc. Not be winning these games 5-2, 4-0, 4-1 or high scoring draws.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: November 5, 2021, 01:37:02 pm »
Downloaded the trial of this on Xbox Series S. Graphics are weirdly unimpressive, can't put my finger on it, they just look odd somehow. Not sure if this is supposed to be next gen graphics, Series S is not as powerful, but it looks very washed out, lighting in particular is very flat and artificial. It's richer in animations and ball feels more loose and independent than before, but it's not a major leap from FIFA 14 or whatever I played last.

Considering I haven't played FIFA games for 6-7 years now, it seems strange how little the game has progressed in terms of player behavior and gameplay. Sure, there are more bells and whistles, but it's still mostly all about pace and knocking a ball into space for a one on one with the keeper. I could probably score 5-10 goals like that per game against AI opponents without much trouble and no matter the difficulty setting. AI still plays in only one way, oscilating between 'standard' and 'kitchen sink' mode - where you're almost guaranteed to concede a goal since everything will go their way in order to make the game interesting and 'a spectacle'. Only thing they've introduced is that AI now plays like kids online, extensively using dribbles and close control, trying to walk the ball into the box for a shot. It's jarring really, from Bolton to Manchester City - everyone plays like Barcelona.

I guess nobody gives a fuck as it's just a vehicle for FUT these days, but it's bit sad to see how stagnant the series is and it's not getting better with Konami killing themselves in a ritual suicide.

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #95 on: November 5, 2021, 01:40:31 pm »
Snip
Did you consider reducing the game length? 2 minute halves could be a solution?

I bought this on next gen and pretty glad I did. Would say there's a couple of very broken things (defences dropping far too quickly, how difficult it is to press decent opponents), but overall finding it much better than the last few years.

+1 on Mané being sensational in FUT, but Rulebreaker Arnautovic is absolutely fantastic and costs only 30k. He's impressing more than Mané and Messi in my front three, and I've tried a lot of attackers with none better than them two (maybe Del Piero is as good).

Offline emergency exit

• Anny Roader
    • X-Realms
« Reply #96 on: November 8, 2021, 07:15:30 am »

Would say there's a couple of very broken things (defences dropping far too quickly)

I noticed this too and it annoyed me greatly, but luckily it can be remedied very easily: In the player instructions of your center backs, set them to "step up" (as opposed to "drop off" the attacker). I've seen a couple of pros swear by it.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #97 on: November 11, 2021, 03:10:30 pm »
For those that play ultimate team - How do you get to the point where you can do the 86+ rated squad builders? Do you basically have to buy coins?

I have been playing consistently since the start and get decent rewards from rivals and the other mode every week, but you need about 100k coins just to do a SBC of that level.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2021, 09:20:58 am »
I don’t know why I buy this every year, I find it as compelling as I do frustrating.

Playing against the AI on Legendary, their attacking patterns don’t represent actual football. You will be forced into a possession error, then when they have the ball they’ll bridge, pirouette and shield the ball like prime Henry on steroids (even if you’re playing 60-rated league two strikers) and ping the ball to one another, even if the depth from goal is ridiculously shallow, until they have a clear shot, then they will rocket one into your top corner. There’s no defending it. If you form a solid block and deny space, they will get a fortuitous bounce or trickle or you’ll fail to clear your lines properly.

What have the developers got against a grinding 0-0 or a tough-fought 1-0? I hate every game being a goal fest, it genuinely ruins it for me. Until someone online has come out with slider/manual control sets that also manipulates the AI’s behaviour towards semi-realism, I think I’m done with the game. It’s too frustrating being 4 seasons into a career mode, having 85+ rated players in every position and have Watford score 4 screamers against you in one match, 3 of them by a player who has 11 career goals in 400 games as a professional.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2021, 09:30:16 am »

I've felt like this for a long time. I only play this because my son got it and I share his console and offline play on PS5. When I do play I just go on World Class and turn some of the assistance off with passing, crossing etc. You might already do that anyway but it's a balance I've found that whilst not ideal by any means is probably the best I'm gonna get on this.

Offline rhyfelwyr

• Boys Pen
« Reply #100 on: November 15, 2021, 01:14:37 pm »
For those that play ultimate team - How do you get to the point where you can do the 86+ rated squad builders? Do you basically have to buy coins?

I have been playing consistently since the start and get decent rewards from rivals and the other mode every week, but you need about 100k coins just to do a SBC of that level.

Never buy coins, not worth it, pack weight is awful and you'll be giving EA more than they deserve. You can get a decent team through rewards and objectives. Plus a lot of the gold players are a lot cheaper than previous years, something is weird about the FUT market this year.

The game is basically an investment game. I've just finished Salah POTM without spending any coins, just through using my 'investments'. Playing from release I don't tend to buy players off the market for my team, just use the best untradeable players I have and I spent all my coins on players for investment. Sounds really sad I know! But I bought lots of modric, kroos, benzema, verratti etc - high rated players which were very cheap. Modric was bought for 7.5k... He's now selling for 21k... so you can see the profit. I used all mine doing the Salah sbc, but a lot of people would just sell and buy players they want. I don't have a clue what to do now, but I know from previous fifas that picking up an 88 rated Kroos for about 9k was ridiculous value so I just spent all my coins on that, especially when I seen Salah was due a POTM.

Aside from investing, by far the best rewards come from Weekend league, which i appreciate from other forums, not everyone can get through the playoffs to try. Once you do get through the playoffs, the actual WL is a lot easier than last year, and if you play Sunday night you will get 3+ games gifted to you. I was 8/2 in the weekend league and jumped on yesterday to give away remaining games, and the first two people gave me wins, so I was on 10 and just played to 12 wins. I don't touch squad battles, play rivals coop with my mate to get 7 wins, only really play WL which is handy as the rewards for this mode dwarf the others. Rank 2 WL gives ridiculous packs and 60k, 3 red player picks. But even 8 wins in this mode which most will achieve give really good rewards..

I am really enjoying the game this year mind but know each fifa is like marmite for some people. I much prefer this years to the last few that I have tried, but whether that is due to mainly playing it coop with my mate or due to the gameplay I'm not sure. Still early in the cycle though and I've not noticed any glitches going against me or anything.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #101 on: November 15, 2021, 01:24:54 pm »

Cheers, would never buy coins with real money and don't bother with packs. Since I posted that I did a few more SBC's and finished Mahrez flashback and managed to pack Del Piero in a random SBC reward pack. Teams looking better now, but just hang on to what I can get for my small amount of coins. Can't be arsed buying up players in hope they go up in value, I don't have that kind of patience.

What are weekend leagues? The Champions thing?

Offline rhyfelwyr

• Boys Pen
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2021, 01:38:20 pm »

Yeah the champions thing. Basically 20 games played across Fri-Sun. Which sounds time intensive until you play, since as you get a point for losing, people start quitting at 2 nil down, sometimes 1 nil down, so you can fly through the games. But you need to win playoffs to get in, which I think is the bone of contention for a lot of people as the best rewards are unattainable if they are unable to qualify. Which I get.

Agree re; investments - is a full time job itself and youtube etc is full of everyone pushing it. I done some at the start as it made sense buying 87 rated cards for 7k, they were only going to go up once SBCs started to come out, but I've no idea what to do now, so I'll just keep accumulating cards and coins hoping for the yearly bobby firmino SBC to come out..

Massive win with Del Piero though. Packed my first icon this fifa as well, but unfortunately it was vidic...

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2021, 10:07:53 am »
Can you play all-manual controls (and against players using it) on Ultimate Team or are you locked in using some standard control set?

Offline Kuytinho

• Kopite
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2021, 10:40:53 am »
Can you play all-manual controls (and against players using it) on Ultimate Team or are you locked in using some standard control set?
There's no option for it on Ultimate Team AFAIK. You can only do it on Seasons. There's still a top 100 manual leaderboard on Seasons where you can find all the manual players. You could try send a few messages out if you're looking for manual friendlies on FUT. The manual community usually have group chats which you'd soon be invited to, and then you just drop a message when you fancy a game. Maybe they also organise some unofficial leagues these days.

Bit crap that there's no other option in FUT, but manual has been no good for a few years IMO. With passing having less importance and dribbling having more importance as the years go by, the best dribbler / defender will almost always win. Manual inputs are very much of secondary importance.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2021, 11:15:23 am »
Yeah, I remember early years of manual controls were much more tricky to get right and reward for doing so was big. Perhaps it's me being sharp with them after years of playing, but they seem much more covertly assisted these days.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2021, 11:35:55 am »
Manual seems to be dead this year, I’ve searched for a game quite a few times and had no matchup. Used to be a massive (relatively) community on it up until about 14, when I fell off.

Think I managed to get up to around top thirty on the global leaderboard on one of them, probably one of 11-13.
AHA!

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: November 22, 2021, 11:14:39 pm »
Had a break from Fifa due to holidays and such, and i tell you what, I've enjoyed it. Career Mode is boring and UT was just a grind on loop. So repetitive, for what? It was alright for a month or two, but its soul destroying doing a full year of UT.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 23, 2021, 07:02:52 am »
Had a break from Fifa due to holidays and such, and i tell you what, I've enjoyed it. Career Mode is boring and UT was just a grind on loop. So repetitive, for what? It was alright for a month or two, but its soul destroying doing a full year of UT.

I didn't touch FIFA 21 for around three months knowing I'd play FIFA 22 in the fall. It released, I played on/off for a month and now I haven't touched it since. With zero inovation from EA, comes zero motivation from me to put hours into this. It's basically a lazy reskin from last year.

Also, coming up against players that must have spent a fortune on packs is not fun. The matchmaking is ridiculous and sometimes it feels like the game is out to ruin your streak or give the oppo a helping hand.

No, f*ck EA and f*ck FIFA. I won't buy another before they actually make an effort to improve.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline aka_da_saus

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
  • follow me on twitter @aka_da_saus
« Reply #109 on: November 27, 2021, 11:19:53 pm »
can some one explain to me how the hell to defend vs computer in this ? seems he impossible . only sheer luck seem be able defend
we hate nottingham forest
we hate everton 2 THERE SHIT
we hate man united
but liverpool we love u
all together now

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2021, 09:56:13 am »
can some one explain to me how the hell to defend vs computer in this ? seems he impossible . only sheer luck seem be able defend

What difficulty are you playing on? It’s good to hold R1 (RB on Xbox) to get a 2nd man to press the player then you back him up by controlling another player at the same time to cut off passes.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2021, 10:05:31 am »
Once the machine ‘decides’ to score, it is very hard to stop them. Here are some of the things that helped me a bit. Use Tactical defending, not Legacy. Legacy is properly fucked in 22. Use any formation with three CB’s. You need bodies in the box because AI just wants to walk it in the box and do quick cutbacks you can’t block. Use Drop back defensive tactic. This will slightly populate the midfield on defence. Keep your players in between the one with the ball and central strikers, let them go wide where you can more easily jockey them and take the ball, or recover if they beat your fullback.

I was shipping 2-4 goals a game playing 4-3-3 with pressing tactics, but the above setup has helped a lot, though my attack is now either a super fast counter or I need to spend time pulling the team up and working the space.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #112 on: December 13, 2021, 10:20:35 pm »
Once the machine ‘decides’ to score, it is very hard to stop them. Here are some of the things that helped me a bit. Use Tactical defending, not Legacy. Legacy is properly fucked in 22. Use any formation with three CB’s. You need bodies in the box because AI just wants to walk it in the box and do quick cutbacks you can’t block. Use Drop back defensive tactic. This will slightly populate the midfield on defence. Keep your players in between the one with the ball and central strikers, let them go wide where you can more easily jockey them and take the ball, or recover if they beat your fullback.

I was shipping 2-4 goals a game playing 4-3-3 with pressing tactics, but the above setup has helped a lot, though my attack is now either a super fast counter or I need to spend time pulling the team up and working the space.

I started a career on Ultimate difficulty with the "Competitor mode" on and enhanced UI for the top players and I'm getting absolutely molested every single game. I'm Liverpool and we have 3 wins into November, down in 18th place. Including Man United beating me 8-0 (Ronaldo getting 7).

The computer is just insane, and I can handle clever build up play thats fair enough, but there is no way of beating them if they decide to turn it on. Spraying 50 yard balls to unmarked men who rocket it in from 30 yards every single game.

One game I had 50 tackles, about 7 of them successful. They just keep the ball. Its impossible.

Although I did beat Ev 2-1 and I somehow beat WHU 5 nil and I dont have a fucking clue how ;D
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: December 13, 2021, 10:32:21 pm »
Lots of people moaning on here. I just simply didn't buy it this year and I'm happier for it.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: January 8, 2022, 11:50:02 am »
Fifa has become a play ground for dribblers. Got the game for Christmas after a few years of not playing it. They have not improved much and I think they just make the game for what the pros want. Silly dribbling skills drive me mad and its hard to tackle. Bring back pass and move.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: January 8, 2022, 01:08:05 pm »
Played this for the first time over Christmas as a mate had it and I must admit I thought it was quite decent, definitely an improvement on 21. I do agree about the point that if you’re good at dribbling it’s incredibly hard to play against though.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2022, 10:06:28 pm »
Terrible since they updated this. It’s become the same shitty counter attack with pace game they always manage to turn it into.

Offline ShatnersBassoon

• Kopite
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2022, 10:39:43 pm »
when you come across those people online who just spam skill moves over and over its the equivalent of FPS where everyone is bouncing about. just completely unrealistic

id prefer if they got rid of them entirely. or dramatically reduced the use

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 18, 2022, 09:46:47 am »
Terrible since they updated this. It’s become the same shitty counter attack with pace game they always manage to turn it into.
The cycle is completed. Demo comes out, is pleasingly weighty and has slowed down a bit closer to realism and the naysayers such as ourselves think 'they've improved it a lot this year, I'm actually going to buy it.' The skill and pace spammers of the UT realms buy it anyway because they're addicted to UT, they create an online backlash and the following updates ruin the game back to what it once was that turned away those wanting something of a more realistic experience.

But EA don't care because they've already generated a sale and their main user base is sated for 9 more months.

I really wish their was a competitor in the market who would make a more sim-like game. Sick of Fifa's arcadey bullshit. I wouldn't mind the game having arcade or sim options, would surely be quite easy to implement.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #119 on: February 22, 2022, 03:16:36 pm »
I bought this yesterday for $19 it was on sale for 70% off, must be doing shit.

Anyway, could someone give me some help. I've linked my prime gaming and EA sports accounts, I claimed a pack yesterday and when I went to log in today there's no place that says "My Packs" in the FUT? Did I do something wrong, shouldn't there be a pack there?

Any help is appreciated.