Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43497 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #200 on: June 4, 2021, 12:04:30 pm »
Surely Dubai airport is big enough to segregate flights from the worst hit places and not allow them access out of the airport or to mix with those from countries with lower covid rates?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: June 4, 2021, 01:27:31 pm »
Surely Dubai airport is big enough to segregate flights from the worst hit places and not allow them access out of the airport or to mix with those from countries with lower covid rates?

You'd really think so. But they are on the red list and I really can't see that changing anytime soon.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: June 4, 2021, 03:34:51 pm »
Fancy a nice trip to Israel or the Falklands - Covid safe

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: June 4, 2021, 06:20:05 pm »
Fancy a nice trip to Israel or the Falklands - Covid safe

That wont stop the Brits. They will go anywhere.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #204 on: June 4, 2021, 06:32:42 pm »
to be honest cant believe some of the bleating about Holidays...Ive not been able to fly back to UK see me Mam in 18 months due to safety and restrictions  nor likely too for a while again if things get worse..

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #205 on: June 4, 2021, 06:33:47 pm »
to be honest cant believe some of the bleating about Holidays...Ive not been able to fly back to UK see me Mam in 18 months due to safety and restrictions  nor likely too for a while again if things get worse..

I can understand it, as the Govt. say one thing and then seemingly do another, and often leave people and businesses high and dry without any help.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #206 on: June 4, 2021, 07:03:05 pm »
I can understand it, as the Govt. say one thing and then seemingly do another, and often leave people and businesses high and dry without any help.

Were in the biggest global threat to the world since WW2..not the biggest inconvenience .

Incompetence of Goverments is one thing..people bleating about not getting bladdered in the sun abroad for two weeks in times of global crisis  is another.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #207 on: June 4, 2021, 09:47:08 pm »
Anglesey for us. Few better places when the sun’s out.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #208 on: June 4, 2021, 10:29:34 pm »
Anglesey for us. Few better places when the sun’s out.

Yep. It’s a lovely one day a year.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #209 on: June 4, 2021, 10:52:38 pm »
Yep. It’s a lovely one day a year.
;D

Been a long one day this week 😎

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: June 5, 2021, 07:31:54 am »
;D

Been a long one day this week 😎

Longest spell of nice weather in about 10 months.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: June 8, 2021, 05:18:55 pm »
Feel sorry for anyone coming to Conwall on holiday this coming weekend, not only is it a lot busier than normal with tourists, we also have the G7 Summit this weekend, there's currently more coppers here than tourists, roads are a nightmare, they've set up missile launchers near beaches and it's like Saigon circa 1968 with the amount of military manoeuvres going on.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: June 8, 2021, 09:03:33 pm »
Feel sorry for anyone coming to Conwall on holiday this coming weekend, not only is it a lot busier than normal with tourists, we also have the G7 Summit this weekend, there's currently more coppers here than tourists, roads are a nightmare, they've set up missile launchers near beaches and it's like Saigon circa 1968 with the amount of military manoeuvres going on.

Bloody hell, 7 hours boiling to death on the M5 to end up with all that.

Just be glad a lad I work with isn't coming down, everytime he goes to Cornwall it pisses down, he was there when the bad floods happened.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #213 on: June 18, 2021, 04:30:35 pm »
Well that's my Italy trip at the end of July fucked.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: June 18, 2021, 10:09:00 pm »
Well that's my Italy trip at the end of July fucked.

Took a chance Booked Sorrento last night for mid September for five nights , flights changeable up to a day before for no charge and hotel free cancellation up to a day before too . Went the same time last year so hoping restrictions a lot easier in three months time

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #215 on: June 18, 2021, 10:24:29 pm »
Took a chance Booked Sorrento last night for mid September for five nights , flights changeable up to a day before for no charge and hotel free cancellation up to a day before too . Went the same time last year so hoping restrictions a lot easier in three months time

Yeah thankfully our flights are changeable and we were staying with my gf’s sister for half of it and the other half wasn’t due to be paid until just before so we’re not out of pocket. Just a pain, and gf is gutted as she hasn’t seen her sister for ages.

Offline MrGrumpy

• Miserable old man. Does things with Nutella while trying not to think about football.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: June 19, 2021, 04:53:19 pm »
Booked a few days in Liverpool in early August, can’t wait to show my girls where it all began for me. In late August, we’re going to Bradford Upon Avon.
Justice for the 96!

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #217 on: June 19, 2021, 04:59:00 pm »
We’re going to Yorkshire a few days and then onto my wife’s aunt up near Glasgow. Bit of a road trip, should be good.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #218 on: June 19, 2021, 07:32:59 pm »
Just saving holidays abroad for next year
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: June 19, 2021, 08:09:59 pm »
Holidays abroad are a non-starter this year, wouldn't bother even if a country goes on the green list. I'm booked to go Edinburgh in August for a couple of days but also used Easyjet vouchers to book Marrakech for June 2022.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #220 on: June 20, 2021, 09:53:28 pm »
Holidays abroad are a non-starter this year, wouldn't bother even if a country goes on the green list. I'm booked to go Edinburgh in August for a couple of days but also used Easyjet vouchers to book Marrakech for June 2022.

Easyjet aren’t the most helpful with things
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline Lfc19ynwa

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #221 on: June 21, 2021, 08:08:11 am »

I guess it’s all down to personal experience, I have had 2 flights cancelled by EasyJet in the last 2 months and on both occasions the full refund was in my account within 7 days of the cancellations.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: June 21, 2021, 09:24:37 am »
I guess it’s all down to personal experience, I have had 2 flights cancelled by EasyJet in the last 2 months and on both occasions the full refund was in my account within 7 days of the cancellations.

Same with us, had a holiday to Lanzarote cancelled end of May, money back within days.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: June 21, 2021, 09:55:20 am »
Desperate to go abroad but will be doing city breaks in the UK with the odd week in Wales probably.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #224 on: June 21, 2021, 10:18:18 am »
We're not going to go anywhere this year outside of the UK. We did a night in York recently which was lovely and my Grandparents live by the beach in Harlech, Wales, so we'll probably pop to see them for a few days at some stage and that will be our break.

We're also doing a stay at home holiday where we'll book a few days out/trips and have a few restaurant meals in the evening. Still hoping things fall into place so that we can go to Mexico early March 2022 with as little hassle as possible.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #225 on: June 21, 2021, 10:19:19 am »
We're not going to go anywhere this year outside of the UK. We did a night in York recently which was lovely and my Grandparents live by the beach in Harlech, Wales, so we'll probably pop to see them for a few days at some stage and that will be our break.

We're also doing a stay at home holiday where we'll book a few days out/trips and have a few restaurant meals in the evening. Still hoping things fall into place so that we can go to Mexico early March 2022 with as little hassle as possible.

Any recommendations for York? Going to do a day trip there while we’re up in Yorkshire.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: June 21, 2021, 10:20:37 am »
Any recommendations for York? Going to do a day trip there while we’re up in Yorkshire.

Jorvick viking centre if you can get in. There is a decent museum there too and have a look at York Minster

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #227 on: June 21, 2021, 10:22:32 am »
Jorvick viking centre if you can get in. There is a decent museum there too and have a look at York Minster

Cheers. Think we’ve booked on a bit of a walking tour. I think there’s a street there where they filmed Harry Potter so we’ll check that out for my daughter.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #228 on: June 21, 2021, 10:42:16 am »
Cheers. Think we’ve booked on a bit of a walking tour. I think there’s a street there where they filmed Harry Potter so we’ll check that out for my daughter.
Yeah Jorvik is good, the Gallery isn't bad if you're in to art but don't expect the Tate. The Railway museum is actually surprisingly good too. The Shambles are where some of the Harry Potter films had scenes and it's worth a wander just for the history and the feeling. York Minster is impressive and we did a good walking tour that took in the walls and the Barbican Gate too.

If you want a food recommendation, we ate at a North African place called Los Moros that was absolutely brilliant. We treated it as a Tapas-style experience and had 3 or 4 starters and one main to share. Came to about £40 (for two) and we were absolutely stuffed. They did a 'ZFC' (Za'atar) fried chicken and a Shakshouka that was incredible.

We also ate at a place called Phranakon that is a Thai Tapas place, again great food, again really good value for the quality. We couldn't believe that for less than £90 combined, we'd had two excellent quality meals with alcohol and multiple courses in restaurants located within The Shambles.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #229 on: June 21, 2021, 10:43:09 am »
Awesome. Thanks!

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #230 on: June 21, 2021, 03:19:13 pm »
Annoyingly, I have some Easyjet vouchers to use but still risky to book anything.

Does anybody want them at a discount?  8)

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: June 21, 2021, 03:21:28 pm »
About three months to go 'til my San Francisco trip. Feels like a US-UK travel corridor will open soon giving that both are relatively on top of their vaccine rollout.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: June 21, 2021, 04:10:23 pm »
About three months to go 'til my San Francisco trip. Feels like a US-UK travel corridor will open soon giving that both are relatively on top of their vaccine rollout.

Yes, but currently they don't accept AZ vaccinations as valid, because they haven't approved it.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: June 21, 2021, 04:15:20 pm »
Yes, but currently they don't accept AZ vaccinations as valid, because they haven't approved it.

Good job the wife and I will be 100% Pfizered up by then!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 21, 2021, 04:24:10 pm »
Did a delivery to Tesco in Prestatyn on Saturday, just round the corner from the Presthaven site we stay on at Easter - really wished I was there then as the weather was lovely.

Got a weekend in the lakes in early August, luckily we've got a hot tub as being summer you can guarantee at least one freezing cold day ;D

Cyprus at end of October will hopefully still go ahead. If it doesn't it will break my wife's 40 years on the run going abroad streak.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #235 on: June 22, 2021, 10:00:18 am »

We've just had a long weekend there.

Like Rob says the Jorvik centre looks good but we didnt go there. There's a cool (well....geeky) Harry Potter themed mini golf place literally next to it called Hole in Wand which we did instead which was good, but you have to prebook that as it gets busy. You get a round of golf and you can buy extras like Harry Potter themed potion drinks and stuff. We did the park and ride as well at the designer outlet, a lot less stressful than finding an expensive car park in York city centre. We barely ate out because there were so many little food stalls around the market (we got a greek gyros wrap thing which was amazing). Some nice bars with loads of seating just by the river too, and they do pretty cheap river cruises and rent your own boat for about £40.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: June 22, 2021, 11:17:26 pm »
Just had a flight cancelled with them. Didn't even so much as get an email from them, had to find out from some lad posting about it on Facebook. Asked for a refund, wonder how long it'll take to come through.

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 30, 2021, 06:23:51 pm »
Looking to re-book my 4 times cancelled Dubai trip for early October. Surely by then things will have opened up, not very optimistic but like so many Brits I’m eager to get away after a tough year or so. Any one else taking the plunge and booking holidays for later this year?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: June 30, 2021, 07:30:11 pm »
I'll be heading to Spain in October. Thankfully I got my residency through be for actually returning to the UK so will be fine.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #239 on: June 30, 2021, 07:31:33 pm »
Just cancelled our few days in t’Yorkshire. Doesn’t seem worth the hassle with the way rates are climbing all the time.