Author Topic: Harry Maguire considering his options thread  (Read 3277335 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Re: United - Get Interim - The Rangnik Years... (well, Months maybe)
« Reply #27920 on: December 6, 2021, 10:04:20 am »
These never learn do they? It's almost as if they intentionally build their managers and players up to knock them down. Yes, they pressed for 45 minutes but were out on their feet in the second half but they are already painting Ragnick as a genius.

In actual fact, they huffed and puffed. When they inevitably tire out after playing many games this month, the come down will be brutal.

A Manc I know was tugging himself silly last night. That first half was the best half they'd played since Ferguson, apparently. He conceded they'd tired 'a bit' in the second half - but Ralf will get them training harder to build up fitness levels, and after a few weeks of tougher training, they'll be able to press hard for full games.

Because, like, it's that easy.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #27921 on: December 6, 2021, 10:30:21 am »
BBC website with gushing praise of this new signing, Fred.

Patrick Snell on CNN just referred to the young Brazilian Fred getting the goal
(He’s 29)  ;D

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #27922 on: December 6, 2021, 10:33:35 am »
A new manager bounce is so common that it's actually more of a surprise when they don't win.

It's a combination of the old crap manager no longer being there, players that were out of favour finally getting a chance, and players who were previously lazy bastards suddenly making some effort for fear of being transfer-listed.

It's all utterly meaningless until they meet strong opposition or do it consistently over a season, and even then it's still not a sign of anything long term - as we've seen time and again with new managers who get a tune out of their team for a while and then it all unravels.

Apparently Carrick 'steadied the ship' and Ragnick 'has already made an impression'. Well, they said exactly the same thing about Solskjaer.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27923 on: December 6, 2021, 10:37:18 am »
Yeah they should go on a decent run now looking at their fixtures. A bit like how they did when Ole first took the wheel. Hype will go into overdrive for a month or two but hopefully there will be a rude awakening when the European knockouts start, and the fixture list gets tougher.

If they can drop a few silly points between now and then just to stop momentum building too much that would be lovely too.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27924 on: December 6, 2021, 11:15:11 am »
They're world beaters now apparently.  They beat Crystal Palace who beat Manchester City a few weeks ago, so that somehow erases the double digit points gap.

Leeds beat Crystal Palace 1-0 earlier in the week, so presumably they're also on the brink of dominance too?

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #27925 on: December 6, 2021, 11:19:54 am »
Leeds beat Crystal Palace 1-0 earlier in the week, so presumably they're also on the brink of dominance too?

Yeah but Leeds only beat them cause Rangnick taught Beilsa everything he knows.

Or something like that..

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #27926 on: December 6, 2021, 11:57:44 am »
Yeah but Leeds only beat them cause Rangnick taught Beilsa everything he knows.

Or something like that..

He was his Professor at football college.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #27927 on: December 6, 2021, 12:02:41 pm »
I mean they could go on to have a really good rest of the season and develop some good patterns of play and focus in the press, but it's such an odd game to focus on. I'd have expected Ole to be getting points at home against Palace as well. They were bad at Old Trafford this season, but even he would occasionally get these sort of results.

Perhaps it all works out swimmingly, but surely you need a larger sample size than 45 first half minutes at home against Palace to be sure. I agree with Nick, the fixture list is kind now so you'd be expecting any sort of competent manager to be beating the teams they are up against really.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #27928 on: December 6, 2021, 12:03:54 pm »
Apparently Carrick 'steadied the ship' and Ragnick 'has already made an impression'. Well, they said exactly the same thing about Solskjaer.

They have been yearning for a Klopp type manager who improves players. Already we have seen Fred with miles of improvement after 3 days of coaching.

Give the man a lifetime contract.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27929 on: December 6, 2021, 12:10:23 pm »
BBC website with gushing praise of this new signing, Fred.
Get on his Ballon d'or odds when it's short.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #27930 on: December 6, 2021, 12:30:09 pm »
ha ha

The name dropper was asked about Klopp and he gave a pithy little tale about how he wasn't really his mentor but Klopp came to him in 2001 because he didn't have an agent and he wanted to know what he should ask in salary from Mainz.

“Jurgen said ‘ah, do you not think that is too much to ask?’. I told him it was the right thing to do."

So from 2001 Klopp doesn't want to know anything about Football from this guy but thinks hes the go to on Current Salary Conditions for Managers but also is somewhat horrified by his naked greed.

Its probably all changed now though, i mean look at how funny he is looking through contracts and naming fake clause's to himself for 10 million each, four times in a row just in case anyone missed the joke. What a kidder! How could a team not respond to a bubbly "all for one" personality like that.

Corner is definitely turned.

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27931 on: December 6, 2021, 12:38:32 pm »
Yeah they should go on a decent run now looking at their fixtures. A bit like how they did when Ole first took the wheel. Hype will go into overdrive for a month or two but hopefully there will be a rude awakening when the European knockouts start, and the fixture list gets tougher.
Young Boys again up first. A repeat of the reverse fixture would be hilarious, but realistically yes as soon as the draw is made next week, no matter what Rangnick does, they’ll still be getting a proper pumping in the last 16, the likes of which they’ve become accustomed to in the PL this season.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #27932 on: December 6, 2021, 12:42:38 pm »
Young Boys again up first. A repeat of the reverse fixture would be hilarious, but realistically yes as soon as the draw is made next week, no matter what Rangnick does, they’ll still be getting a proper pumping in the last 16, the likes of which they’ve become accustomed to in the PL this season.

Well they’ve won their group so they have a reasonable chance of getting what should be a winnable tie, so they could Moyes or Ole their way into the Quarters. Surely that’s as far as they could realistically go though.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27933 on: December 6, 2021, 12:55:08 pm »
Well they’ve won their group so they have a reasonable chance of getting what should be a winnable tie, so they could Moyes or Ole their way into the Quarters. Surely that’s as far as they could realistically go though.
Quite a few 2nd place teams like PSG, Inter or Chelsea/Juve will wipe the floor with United, and the other likely suspects will give them a good go as well. Still the same core of lazy unfit disinterested and technically challenged players.

A lucky draw against the likes of say, Porto, and sure, they’ll scrape the QFs. At which point, Rangnick will be covered in journalistic jizz and making a recommendation to the board he stays on as manager.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2021, 12:57:20 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27934 on: December 6, 2021, 02:29:09 pm »
The selected Portuguese journalist(Ballon d'Or) didn't vote for Ronaldo at all.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27935 on: December 6, 2021, 05:20:40 pm »
I don't know that I've ever seen a managerial appointment so lauded for a guy who's won so little at the age of 63. I get that he's obviously much better than Ole, and he's probably half decent, but FUCK. You'd think he invented football.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27936 on: December 6, 2021, 05:22:10 pm »
I don't know that I've ever seen a managerial appointment so lauded for a guy who's won so little at the age of 63. I get that he's obviously much better than Ole, and he's probably half decent, but FUCK. You'd think he invented football.

Literally everything to do with them gets lauded in a lot of the media. Even in Oleh's last few matches if they did something semi decent it seemed to be praised way beyond normal.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27937 on: December 6, 2021, 05:37:01 pm »

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27938 on: December 6, 2021, 05:45:34 pm »
Just highlights how atrocious the vast majority of football twitter is. People seem incapable of constructing sentences. I know there's a character limit but it's not exactly set at 5 words.

The video itself is absolutely pitiful.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27939 on: December 6, 2021, 06:04:02 pm »
MnF tonight doing a feature on German influence on the PL, you can bet 90% of it will be about the "professor" with no trophies to his name, and Neville waxing lyrical about United pressing for 30 mins on the touch screen and how the corner has been changed.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #27940 on: December 6, 2021, 06:16:07 pm »
Their goal at weekend should have been given offside anyway. Ronaldo attempts to play the ball from an offside position  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27941 on: December 6, 2021, 10:26:40 pm »
I didn’t watch the game, but Jesus Christ.. a 1-0 win at home against crystal fucking palace and the media are out in force, speaking about them as an elite team led by the worlds best manager… they relied on a goal by Fred of all people, who they now assess as being world class.

What the fuck?

Offline johnny74

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27942 on: December 6, 2021, 10:31:24 pm »
MnF tonight doing a feature on German influence on the PL, you can bet 90% of it will be about the "professor" with no trophies to his name, and Neville waxing lyrical about United pressing for 30 mins on the touch screen and how the corner has been changed.

Yes, a program worth doing since we now finally have a German football manager (actual inventor of football if you must know) in the Premier League. How did it take us so long? And how do we get one? I think we need to learn how to do this pressing stuff. It looked brilliant.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #27943 on: December 6, 2021, 10:57:11 pm »
I wonder if they'll mention the art of diving by klinnsman. No probably not.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #27944 on: December 6, 2021, 11:07:51 pm »

Not even sure what you are suggesting, surely not Marsch to Man Utd?  ;D 

Nope. It is Chris Armas.

Taylor Twellman         @TaylorTwellman

"Chris Armas will be on Ralf Rangnick’s staff @ManUtd and will be announced in the next few days. He was given his work permit this morning. Their history goes all the way back to @NewYorkRedBulls."

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27945 on: December 6, 2021, 11:39:45 pm »
Swaaaggggggggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhh is back.

He loves he brought them barely winning 1-0 against Crystal Palace at home because Jordan Ayew missed a sitter?

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #27946 on: December 6, 2021, 11:42:55 pm »
And so one of the most calamitous episodes in the history of the club has ended with them three points off the Champions League places with one of the world’s leading coaching minds at the helm.

I feel a fool, I've literally never heard of this chap until he went to them?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #27947 on: December 7, 2021, 01:02:37 am »
Just seen there's a team in my Monday night indoor soccer called Manchesthair United.

:lmao

Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27948 on: December 7, 2021, 01:20:05 am »
Just seen there's a team in my Monday night indoor soccer called Manchesthair United.

:lmao

We have one too in my league.

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27949 on: December 7, 2021, 02:20:22 am »
Just seen that he has managed a few of our boys before - Mane, Bobby, Keita

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27950 on: December 7, 2021, 02:25:25 am »
Just seen that he has managed a few of our boys before - Mane, Bobby, Keita

I think the only one he managed was Keita. Mane was at Salzburg and Firmino was at Hoffenheim - I believe Ralf was only the director at those places.

Edit - he didn’t even manage Keita.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2021, 02:27:05 am by newterp »

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #27951 on: December 7, 2021, 02:53:52 am »
Porto is the the next round, then a 10 goal aggregate drubbing by us in the quarters please.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #27952 on: December 7, 2021, 06:38:17 am »

I think the only one he managed was Keita. Mane was at Salzburg and Firmino was at Hoffenheim - I believe Ralf was only the director at those places.

Edit - he didn’t even manage Keita.
He's barely put together  two seasons of management in the last 10 years
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27953 on: December 7, 2021, 06:39:58 am »
Yes, a program worth doing since we now finally have a German football manager (actual inventor of football if you must know) in the Premier League. How did it take us so long? And how do we get one? I think we need to learn how to do this pressing stuff. It looked brilliant.

Don't forget they also have the actual Saviour Of Football sir Gary fighting their corner in the media.

Confirmation that they're back will be the 'We back' poster returning from his skiing holiday after couple of wins,it's over guys.   :'(

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27954 on: December 7, 2021, 12:16:44 pm »
Corner turned. The only question now is can they add the league to the obvious european cup win.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27955 on: December 7, 2021, 12:18:48 pm »
Love how they are suddenly going to be world beaters. There are people on redcafe because they have a decent run expecting to be in the top two by January 😂
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27956 on: December 7, 2021, 02:46:07 pm »
What’s that heady scent in the air around Salford (both the club and BBC)? Why if it isn’t the familiar whiff of Emperor’s New Clothes.

The guy likes the sound of his own voice way too much for someone who’s won fuck all with a less than reassuring management record, and yet even before a run of the mill 1-0 against Palace (courtesy of that most Brazilians of Brazilians, Fred), he’s puffed up and lauded as some sort of German architect of the game.

So very predictable. So very United.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #27957 on: December 7, 2021, 02:47:34 pm »
Smells like swagger to me
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #27958 on: December 7, 2021, 02:48:09 pm »
Smells like swagger to me

Smells like Stock Price rising to me

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27959 on: December 7, 2021, 02:48:49 pm »
Majority of that man's "philosophy" are just extended versions of what Sacchi did two decades previously. Who Jurgen states that he's the essentially the disciple of.  :D