Author Topic: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (with added Rebirth)  (Read 27733 times)

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Final Fantasy 7 - Remake (with added Rebirth)
« on: December 5, 2015, 07:53:19 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A3sBZ5Nr4hc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A3sBZ5Nr4hc</a>

« Last Edit: February 7, 2024, 08:25:58 am by gazzalfc »

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Final Fantasy 7 - Remake
« Reply #1 on: December 5, 2015, 08:20:59 pm »
This may be the only Xbox game I ever preorder

I want so so bad.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: December 5, 2015, 08:30:25 pm »

I want so so bad.

Might have to wait awhile. Who knows when the game comes out, and when it does it seems to be a Rise of the Tomb Raider scenario where it's exclusive to PS4, then it comes out to PC, Xbone and maybe Nintendo NX?

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: December 5, 2015, 08:34:40 pm »

I want so so bad.

You'll be waiting a while.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: December 5, 2015, 09:30:44 pm »
You'd be better buying a PS4 ;)

Initial impressions

Visually stunning. It's a time machine to 1997 through 2015 eyes.

Looks like they are sticking close to the original.

Non-traditional turn based combat

Hope the voice acting is something they have just tacked on for the trailer because it needs work

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: December 5, 2015, 09:57:03 pm »
Oh man!

Looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: December 6, 2015, 12:27:55 am »
Might have to wait awhile. Who knows when the game comes out, and when it does it seems to be a Rise of the Tomb Raider scenario where it's exclusive to PS4, then it comes out to PC, Xbone and maybe Nintendo NX?
It's looking a hell of a lot better than what I expected it to look like. I thought they were just going to settle for something a little bit less costly development wise, but this looks like it has all the bells and whistles of a proper AAA title, being remade with the highest quality of assets. It's probably being built with UE4 with that in mind. I doubt this will be a PS4 exclusive because of that, but if it is, then it'll tip me over the edge into buying the console just for it alone. The only other game I've seen a remake done properly or as well as this was the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube. Part 2 of that is being remade, and I can't wait to see what that looks like too.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2015, 12:30:45 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: December 6, 2015, 12:33:41 am »

Initial impressions

Hope the voice acting is something they have just tacked on for the trailer because it needs work

Not that close, the little bits of gameplay look completely different. It'll be interesting to see a decent length video of it being played to see what the combat is like, and just how open world it is.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: December 6, 2015, 01:32:35 am »
It's looking a hell of a lot better than what I expected it to look like. I thought they were just going to settle for something a little bit less costly development wise, but this looks like it has all the bells and whistles of a proper AAA title, being remade with the highest quality of assets. It's probably being built with UE4 with that in mind. I doubt this will be a PS4 exclusive because of that, but if it is, then it'll tip me over the edge into buying the console just for it alone. The only other game I've seen a remake done properly or as well as this was the Resident Evil remake on the Gamecube. Part 2 of that is being remade, and I can't wait to see what that looks like too.

It's being marketed as "Play it first on Playstation 4", so who knows how long that exclusivity will last. I suspect it will probably be like the new Tomb Raider where it probably won't hit any other consoles for at least a year. PC might get it like couple of months afterwards?

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #9 on: December 6, 2015, 04:02:58 am »
Xbox One hasn't been mentioned. Only PS4 and PC.

Looks awesome to be honest, Barrett looks fucking badass.
:D

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #10 on: December 6, 2015, 04:04:16 am »

Initial impressions

They haven't synced the mouth movements at this stage, it's just dubbed over the Japanese facial animations. Those will be the voice actors though, same they used in Advent Children.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: December 6, 2015, 04:15:09 am »
Xbox One hasn't been mentioned. Only PS4 and PC.

Looks awesome to be honest, Barrett looks fucking badass.

Yeah considering Xbox's poor sales in Japan and how the audience isn't really interested in japanese games. I can see it being a PS4/PC title.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: December 6, 2015, 07:36:54 am »
Looks boss that, gutted they have changed the combat though.

Just noticed they have released the PC port of FF7 on PS4 today as well. Looks like i'll be hammering that after the match.
THOSE AREN'T FINGERS. THOSE ARE SCARF TASSELLS.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: December 6, 2015, 08:03:22 am »
The gameplay resembles crisis core and Kh. I'm a fan of both styles but I don't have a problem with them changing the battle mechanics from the original, been there done that.

Crisis core was a brilliant game btw, especially the battle mode so I'm looking forward to it.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #14 on: December 6, 2015, 09:12:49 am »
I nearly had an accident in my pants watching this new trailer, then they hit me with the original on PS4 with trophies enabled, jesus christ what a weekend for the 11 year old me inside!!

AHHHHHHH this is so great

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: December 6, 2015, 09:12:49 am »
The gameplay resembles crisis core and Kh. I'm a fan of both styles but I don't have a problem with them changing the battle mechanics from the original, been there done that.

Crisis core was a brilliant game btw, especially the battle mode so I'm looking forward to it.

I think people are expecting Paradigm Shifts or FFXV combat style.

In reality, and based on the combat menu that was shown, it'll take on the form of FFVII turn-based style but with a real-time spin on it.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: December 6, 2015, 09:23:06 am »
I think people are expecting Paradigm Shifts or FFXV combat style.

In reality, and based on the combat menu that was shown, it'll take on the form of FFVII turn-based style but with a real-time spin on it.

Well if it's anything like KH meets FF7 then I think everyone will be happy. The end of the day he's used this action based approach before and it works well, but he's a genius so I'm sure we'll enjoy whatever way he goes.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #17 on: December 6, 2015, 10:11:18 am »
By the time this comes out (I'd be surprised if it was 2016), PS4s will be pretty reasonably priced I'd have thought.
« Last Edit: December 6, 2015, 10:55:43 am by Tomaldinho »
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: December 6, 2015, 10:13:55 am »
Music the same too but modernised. Sounds good looks good feels good must be good!

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: December 6, 2015, 10:23:36 am »
By the time this comes out (I'd be surprised if it was 2016), PS4's will be pretty reasonably priced I'd have thought.

Yeah, I think Spring 2017 might be a good shout for this.

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #20 on: December 6, 2015, 11:57:39 am »
Personally continue to be in dilemma over this - I think it'll go down the full-serious path and would no longer feature the deadpan humour that added to the experience in the original.

The whole television ratings mini game while marching as part of the Shinra army probably no longer apply, not to mention getting shouted at over and over to keep formation when Rufus speaks to Heidegger at the port.
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: December 6, 2015, 01:34:34 pm »
I nearly had an accident in my pants watching this new trailer, then they hit me with the original on PS4 with trophies enabled, jesus christ what a weekend for the 11 year old me inside!!

AHHHHHHH this is so great

I checked the PS store earlier and can't seem to find it?!

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: December 6, 2015, 01:37:50 pm »
I checked the PS store earlier and can't seem to find it?!

It's definitely there mate just started my download. £8.99.

Think i just searched Final Fantasy and it came up.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: December 6, 2015, 03:37:36 pm »
Yeah considering Xbox's poor sales in Japan and how the audience isn't really interested in japanese games. I can see it being a PS4/PC title.
It'll come of the X1, make no mistake about it. If it's been announced for the PC, the the omission of Xbox is just a legal thing. It doesn't really matter about the hardware sales in Japan if the game sells well on other systems outside that region, plus the fact that it's FF7, and everyone already knows how well it did in the first place in Europe and America back in 1997.

The combat in the game could still change, but I doubt it. I haven't played an open world J-RPG with turn based combat in it, but I imagine it just wouldn't work very well. Every time you engaged, the models would need to be locked into the environment, so it would look a bit wrong if you were behind an object or something, or situated in an awkward position. Design wise, it wouldn't work.

Offline Tomaldinho

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • camina, camina, con esperanza de tu corazon
« Reply #24 on: December 6, 2015, 05:36:45 pm »
It looks very similar to FFXV combat wise.
@TomNJones on Twitter

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #25 on: December 6, 2015, 08:48:11 pm »
It looks very similar to FFXV combat wise.

Probably much easier for them to copy the engine over from that than build it up anew.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 7, 2015, 08:35:44 am »
Confirmed it's a mix of dissadia and KH in terms of battle system

Also it will come in parts, FF7 Remake 1, FF7 Remake part 2 etc

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: December 7, 2015, 09:10:23 am »

Really bizarre choice. Really hope it doesn't make the game really linear and each part adds on top of each other. I know the game is huge in scale so I wonder if this is a choice to get the game out in a timely manner.

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #28 on: December 7, 2015, 09:14:38 am »

Is the parts confirmed? That sounds awful, only bad news so far I've heard about it but for me it is major bad news... I want to play the whole game damnit, not "parts"

I have sunk 10 hours into FF VII on PS4 this weekend haha, so hooked, completely put Battlefront/Destiny/HALO 5 to the side... such nostalgic feeling and gaming, I just got the Junon and done the TV march hehe, been leveling like crazy due to being a trophy whore and wanting all the ,limit break trophies so that's why, already got Aeris ready for her 4th haha

Offline PhilV

• Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #29 on: December 7, 2015, 09:32:59 am »
Forgot to add, for any other Trophy/Achievement sluts out there like me, the three hidden trophies are obvious (or should be) but if you wanna know:

Diamond Disintegrator – Defeat the Diamond Weapon

Ruby Render – Defeat the Ruby Weapon

Emerald Eviscerator – Defeat the Emerald Weapon

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: December 7, 2015, 10:49:35 am »

I have sunk 10 hours into FF VII on PS4 this weekend haha, so hooked, completely put Battlefront/Destiny/HALO 5 to the side... such nostalgic feeling and gaming, I just got the Junon and done the TV march hehe, been leveling like crazy due to being a trophy whore and wanting all the ,limit break trophies so that's why, already got Aeris ready for her 4th haha

Exactly the same since i found out it was released yesterday! Up to Cosmo Canyon now. Going to try and platinum this one as well.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: December 7, 2015, 11:54:11 am »
Quick stuff from interviews of the developers posted on Neogaf:

-they made multi-release since they would have to cut stuff out if they made it in one game. The detail of the game will be so dense, and you will be able to go to various locations within Midgar that you couldn't go before.
-there will be some stuff that has to be cut, but there will be lots of stuff added. overall volume will be big
-They are working with various companies outside, including CC2
-The battle system is real-time, action feel. The degree of action will be "Dissidia > Kingdom Hearts> FF7 remake" It will be more tactical.
-Although it's action style, it has ATB as well.
-You can control other party members, but you can keep control one if you want
-3 party members at a time like the original
-Character model is supervised by Visual Work's director.
-They don't want to go with 100% realism for the characters since it might make it hard to recognize certain characters. So they are going as real as possible, while keeping the character's personality.
-Advent Children model data is over 10 years old so they can't really use it.
-Everything from the trailer (excluding the stuff that was shown from E3 reveal) was real-time. The end scene where Cloud gets off the train, it transitions directly to the gameplay.
-Cloud looking sick is partly due to the lighting. Nojima likes that Cloud looks very sick.
-Cross-dressing is obviously in the game, but Nomura didn't design it yet.
-All the party member's design is renewed like Barret.
-At first they thought of going with AC design of Barret, but decided not to.
-ATB and Limit gauge is there but they are different from the original. ATB turning red is something important.
-Battle tempo will be similar to Dissidia. Battle is done by people who has experience in both Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts..

A rough translation of http://dengekionline.com/elem/000/001/173/1173362/

- About the details of splitting the game into episodes, please tell us more.

Kitase: From the beginning, we have considered it impossible to remake FF7 into one single game. Althought it's impossible to tell you the details about the splitting at the moment, please wait for our further announcement.

Nomura: If we tried to stuff the whole game into one release, some part of the game would have to appear as digests. We'd have to remove some contents from the game, and it would be difficult to add more to the game. Considering that a full remake of the original game must be achived, we have decided to split the game into episodes.

Kitase: Taking the No.8 street shown in the video this time, even just this is already highly dense. If we are to remake the content of the original version at that quality, it would have been impossible to do with a single release.

Splitting the original version into episode with nothing dropped, as well as adding complements, and remaking the game the game in its full volume is what we are thinking.

- How will the battle system look like?
Kitase: Unlike the encounter battles in the original version, we were aiming for a seamless active battle like shown in the video.

Nomura: Regarding the speed of the combat, as well as the sensation of tempo, we have considered something alongside Dissidia FF that you can play without stress. The degree of action would feel like Dissidia FF > KH > FF7 Remake.

We are trying to make a new action combat system that definitely demand no action technique, and let you consider your strategy during the combat.

- What would the elements in the battle system from the original version become?
Nomura: Since the game is based on FF7, elements like ATB gauge and limitbreak will appear but with new useage. Please wait for our further announcements on how they would evolve.

- Are you going to adjust the story in order to maintain connection to other compilations of the game, as well as adapting to the modern age?
Nomura: We are planning some mechanism to dig deeper into each episodes. Players who have played the original version surely would know everything from the beginning to the end of the game, including some very important moments. And we are planning to give even such users surprises.

Kitase: We are not going to remake a game so you only play for nostalgia. We want to make the hearts of the original fans pump. We are adjusting the storyline with this idea in mind.

More:

Q
 I got it. And I heard it’ll be multiple parts.
Kitase-san
 Yes. The reason why we haven’t gave a go for VII remake is that it’s extremely hard to remake FFVII with the current technology, and to be honest, we hesitated. Remaking FFVII in HD without losing the original’s “density” requires more than one part.
Nomura-san
 If we were to put it in one part, then we have to cut many parts and deliver it as a digest. Nobody wants that kind of game. Plus, users can explore many places in Midgar where they couldn’t in the original game. Once we decided to remake VII, we will develop those details and more. Of course we have to cut some parts from the original, but users can expect the VII world that only VII Remake can deliver. We estimate that, with the quality of those details, the volume of the game will be larger than the original after all. You may worry about the schedule, and we want to provide the game as soon as possible. Making it multiple parts is the line we drew to deliver the game.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2015, 12:02:02 pm by Live4pool »
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: December 7, 2015, 12:03:42 pm »
*snip*

Bit more re-assuring. Still a bit skeptical as to if they'll do it well. If the amount of content is enough to warrant each part then I'll be happy enough. :)

In terms of the battle system, I don't mind at all if they change it so long as it's good. Think it could really help the game have a real freshness to those who have played it before. Seems they're looking to re-tell the FFVII story in a brand new way, rather than just re-creating the old game all over again.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #33 on: December 7, 2015, 12:36:24 pm »
Seeing the news that it's going to be episodic was a bit of a wtf moment... I don't like the sound of that.

Offline 'Mondzz'

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: December 7, 2015, 12:45:53 pm »
The game really is massive so i can understand them wanting to split it into parts considering how good the game looked visually in that trailer.

Just hope it's not a massive wait inbetween each parts.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #35 on: December 7, 2015, 12:56:41 pm »
Square have always maintained that FF7 would be far too massive to make with today's tech, citing incredible production budgets to complete. This has been their stance since the PS2 days so would apply more now.

Natural for everyone to claim money grabbing from them but I'd say give them the benefit of the doubt. As long as the releases are close together and it's not too split up then I don't see the problem. Anything more than 3 episodes would be garbage though, and I'm still just going to wait for all of them to be released regardless. I do the same with TV shows, fuck watching week by week.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: December 7, 2015, 01:00:51 pm »
I think its a great idea. Telltale have shown that the model works. Plus FF7 for the PS1 came on 3 disks. 3 episodes then?

By going down that route you get 'pieces' of the game sooner instead of having to wait years for a full release (I was honestly expecting a 2018/9 full release. Now I would say end of 2016 for the 1st episode would be a good ballpark date).

It's a very interesting concept because by going for that model they are going down a digital release route (through the PSN network). No real physical selling product until the full season is complete. Amazon and Shop.to will be gutted

The big questions come from how they price it and how long the wait will be between episodes.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2015, 02:17:32 pm by gazzalfc »

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: December 7, 2015, 01:01:26 pm »
Seeing the news that it's going to be episodic was a bit of a wtf moment... I don't like the sound of that.

How they explained it, how they're expanding each location in to fully explorable areas, it makes sense they have to split it down in to parts. The game is huge as it is, so with high quality textures added, if they tried to make the game as a whole, it'd require multiple blu-ray discs, a ridiculous amount of data for digital download and we wouldn't get it probably until 2020.

They don't want to have to cut lots and lots out of the original game and they want to expand it, so I guess this is the only way it could be done and released in a timely manner.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: December 7, 2015, 01:04:05 pm »
Oh and Fuck you to Square Enix and Sony for forcing anyone who bought the PS3 version of FF7 to pay out £8.99 for the PS4 PC port.

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #39 on: December 7, 2015, 01:27:39 pm »
How they explained it, how they're expanding each location in to fully explorable areas, it makes sense they have to split it down in to parts. The game is huge as it is, so with high quality textures added, if they tried to make the game as a whole, it'd require multiple blu-ray discs, a ridiculous amount of data for digital download and we wouldn't get it probably until 2020.

They don't want to have to cut lots and lots out of the original game and they want to expand it, so I guess this is the only way it could be done and released in a timely manner.
Yeah, I can understand their reasoning behind it, & if this is what it takes in order to stop anything being cut then so be it.

I'm more curious how it would work.. would such an open world game work with an episodic format?

edit - guess I'm looking at it from the typical Telltale episodic style. All the PS1 Final Fantasy games were in multiple disks, so I guess it would be not too dissimilar to that.
« Last Edit: December 7, 2015, 01:29:55 pm by JustDan »