Author Topic: GTA V  (Read 373702 times)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
Re: GTA V
« Reply #5200 on: February 4, 2022, 03:35:51 pm »
Rockstar confirm they're "well underway" with active development on a new GTA:

https://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/ak73k92o47ko75/grand-theft-auto-community-update

So vague. If I had to guess I'd say we're still 4/5 years out.

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #5201 on: February 4, 2022, 03:42:05 pm »
gta online 2

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #5202 on: February 4, 2022, 04:10:53 pm »
, & Rockstar trying to improve working conditions

From reading a few articles, it seems like 24/25 for the release of GTA 6, a year later than expected, because of the pandemic.
#Sausages

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5203 on: February 4, 2022, 04:23:16 pm »
It's going to be Vice city isn't it?

I don't think the world has moved on enough from GTA 5 to make a big jump in story for 6

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5204 on: February 4, 2022, 06:20:42 pm »
It's going to be Vice city isn't it?

I don't think the world has moved on enough from GTA 5 to make a big jump in story for 6

Think it's been rumored that GTA VI will be Vice City + parts of South America.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5205 on: February 4, 2022, 06:55:14 pm »

Yeah same. At least we have GTA Online to tide us over eh?  ::)

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #5206 on: February 4, 2022, 07:01:18 pm »
Yeah same. At least we have GTA Online to tide us over eh?  ::)

As someone who's ploughed hours and hours into online the next Gta game needs to overhaul its mechanics and bring something innovative to the table. It feels so dated and clunky now. Drive, fetch, drive, fetch, drive, fetch, fly, fetch etc can't have that tired game play loop anymore.

Sadly I don't think Rockstar are the same company they were even just a few years ago so I don't have alot of hope for their next big release. Chances are it'll be a reskin of gta v just with next gen graphics and a new map.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #5207 on: February 4, 2022, 07:20:15 pm »
GTA6 in 2066, looking forward to it on my Xbox Eyes.

In the meantime, I feel dirty to say I'm almost tempted to get GTAV when it comes to PS5 or Xbox Series X, last time I played GTA was when they brought out the first heists, can't even remember when that was now. Sounds like there's other bits to do online now that are worthy of a few quid?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline redan

• yellowan pinkan green. purplean orangean blue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd prefer a beer!!
« Reply #5208 on: February 5, 2022, 07:15:52 am »

In the meantime, I feel dirty to say I'm almost tempted to get GTAV when it comes to PS5 or Xbox Series X, last time I played GTA was when they brought out the first heists, can't even remember when that was now. Sounds like there's other bits to do online now that are worthy of a few quid?
Yeah I’m tempted too I’m ashamed to say,

I owned GTA V on the PS3 but traded it in when I got my PS4 in 2014 so it’s been 8 years or so since I played it and I reckon I’ve forgotten most the stuff which happened and haven’t played anything which got added since. When it was announced I couldn’t believe they were remastering it again for a third console generation instead of focusing on a new game; it’s been 4 years since RDR2! But here we are

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5209 on: February 5, 2022, 12:28:06 pm »
Yeah I’m tempted too I’m ashamed to say,

I owned GTA V on the PS3 but traded it in when I got my PS4 in 2014 so it’s been 8 years or so since I played it and I reckon I’ve forgotten most the stuff which happened and haven’t played anything which got added since. When it was announced I couldn’t believe they were remastering it again for a third console generation instead of focusing on a new game; it’s been 4 years since RDR2!But here we are

:o

I remember so many details after only a single playthrough. Feels like it came out recently..
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5210 on: February 5, 2022, 01:42:08 pm »

Are they packaging it with the Star Citizen pre-Alpha?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5211 on: February 5, 2022, 08:20:48 pm »
I’ve completely lost faith in the AAA gaming industry. Until proven otherwise I’m expecting GTA Live Service with an evolving map, just like Fortnite. Dan Houser is gone as well.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5212 on: February 5, 2022, 09:07:14 pm »
I don't see the big deal. Lots of people enjoy GTA online. They made a great single player in GTAV with a great open world. Made RDR2 equally as impressive.

When GTA 6 releases it'll be another great game.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5213 on: February 5, 2022, 09:12:29 pm »
I don't see the big deal. Lots of people enjoy GTA online. They made a great single player in GTAV with a great open world. Made RDR2 equally as impressive.

When GTA 6 releases it'll be another great game.

Those “definitive edition” remasters were bad though.

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #5214 on: February 6, 2022, 12:06:33 am »
Based on the one trailer they have put out for the PS5 and XSX version of GTA V that looks to be going down the "Definitive Remaster" road.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5215 on: February 6, 2022, 04:36:46 am »
They weren’t made by Rockstar proper though, it was outsourced to a primarily mobile developer. Yes it they were a cheap cash grab but they’re certainly going to treat GTA 6 with a lot more care.
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5216 on: February 6, 2022, 05:42:40 am »

They've improved it with patches though.

Definitely looks a lot better than when they were released
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5217 on: February 6, 2022, 08:20:27 am »
Hey, I’m not giving up on GTA 6 before a single screenshot is available. I’m just expressing my concern with the gaming industry in general.
1980s Vice City is still my favorite setting so I’m hoping for a return to that. But as long as it has an extensive single player campaign, the setting could be the Isle of Man for all that I care.

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5218 on: February 6, 2022, 08:26:37 am »
By the time it releases it might be an Xbox exclusive anyway the way the industry is going.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #5219 on: February 6, 2022, 11:29:33 am »
I could see GTA6 genuinely being breathtaking if they lean hard into what Red Dead the Second did right

Graphics, feel, heft, weight, consequence. There was a lot cut that should have made it: "someone remembers you killed their cousin," one preview said. That, but unscripted

NPCs with a set of attributes: likeliness to fight, ability to take a joke, pissed offness, to slightly randomise the dialog which again is lifted from RDR2 (I have modded GTAV to have this little thing and it is unusually effective). They patented some thing about individual drivers doing individual things so perhaps they do realise NPCs are a key to true depth.

Your car has a trunk and you keep weapons in it.

New locations. No more rehashes. I somehow see a southern state but it'll surely be America..

Unsure about three protagonists returning. If one was a dirty cop, one would have to be a black hacker chick.

The screenshots will be glorious - probably taken at night in the rain - but in the end it'll live or die on how emergent the world is, when you've done all missions, online has let you down, and the open world feels empty.

The solution to this seems dynamic, emergent overlapping systems. I'd love to piss off an NPC and have them genuinely do something about it. Continuity.

I've been replaying GTA4 in 8K and the mission design is sometimes a lot more free. The little things. GTA4: Kill the guy on the bike. GTAV: follow the script of chasing a guy down on a bike to see a cut scen

Online Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5220 on: February 8, 2022, 10:15:47 am »
What does everyone want for the setting?

They're probably running out of truly iconic US cities. New Orleans and Washington DC maybe, but I don't think they'd be that fun.
I'm leaning towards RDR2-style - condensed regions that roughly correlate with US geography.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5221 on: February 8, 2022, 10:17:06 am »
Give me the Ozarks or go to London.

I doubt either of the above would happen but Vegas would be good fun.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #5222 on: February 8, 2022, 10:53:44 am »
With San Andreas we got 3 locations, Los Santos, San Fierro and Las Ventura's separated by a bit of Blaine county. GTAV was pretty much just an expanded Los Santos and some redneck desert outback kinda thing. Maybe GTAVI might go more San Fierro/ San Francisco and Las Venturas/Vegas. I wouldn't mind Vice City again but modern and trips maybe across the border into a version of mexico or something.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #5223 on: February 8, 2022, 11:42:45 am »
A big Las Vegas/San Francisco would be very cool but I'd like to see a brand new one.

Its tricky though there's not really many cities that actually make a lot of sense...in the nicest way possible, it makes a bit more sense for it to be set in America.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5224 on: February 8, 2022, 12:07:43 pm »
A big Las Vegas/San Francisco would be very cool but I'd like to see a brand new one.

Its tricky though there's not really many cities that actually make a lot of sense...in the nicest way possible, it makes a bit more sense for it to be set in America.

Yep, I was thinking it would be nice to do Glasgow/Edinburgh given Rockstar's roots but it just wouldn't work. I have feeling a game where there are no guns and the police only use batons and tasers wouldn't quite be the same.  ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5225 on: February 8, 2022, 12:15:22 pm »
Yeah something really different would be fun. It's not just about location, it's also about time period.

Something in London, or UK based (Manchester and Liverpool for example!) would be very cool but it'll never happen. They've been pretty clear about that.

If you assume the US is mandatory, then Florida would be a fun setting. Miami, Orlando, New Orleans. Loads to play with.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5226 on: February 8, 2022, 12:35:01 pm »
Yeah something really different would be fun. It's not just about location, it's also about time period.

Something in London, or UK based (Manchester and Liverpool for example!) would be very cool but it'll never happen. They've been pretty clear about that.

If you assume the US is mandatory, then Florida would be a fun setting. Miami, Orlando, New Orleans. Loads to play with.

They did New Orleans in their last game didn't they?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #5227 on: February 8, 2022, 12:47:33 pm »
Remember The Getaway on PS2? I’d love to see an open world game in London like that, but its unlikely to be a contemporary GTA as it’s just so limited by the fact that we’re still not quite as batshit crazy as the Yanks.

I’m fine with it being in America, but a change of scenery is needed. You need a city of course, but I’d like to see them move further north perhaps. That way the more remote parts could be snowy little rural towns and mountains. I’m thinking a sort of Fargo atmosphere.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #5228 on: February 8, 2022, 01:04:14 pm »
They did New Orleans in their last game didn't they?

Yes I think St Dennis is New Orleans but obviously there's a different vibe in the modern day! And actually it would be quite cool to see little references to RDR2 in a GTA game set there.

Agree that otherwise going north would be cool. Maybe Seattle or Portland. Just do the whole west coast!

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5229 on: February 8, 2022, 01:18:16 pm »
Remember The Getaway on PS2? I’d love to see an open world game in London like that, but its unlikely to be a contemporary GTA as it’s just so limited by the fact that we’re still not quite as batshit crazy as the Yanks.

I’m fine with it being in America, but a change of scenery is needed. You need a city of course, but I’d like to see them move further north perhaps. That way the more remote parts could be snowy little rural towns and mountains. I’m thinking a sort of Fargo atmosphere.

Watchdog Legion was an open world game set in London so I can't see them going down that road so soon afterwards.

Mexico City or Rio might be a good idea. They will need to change it up a bit , I don't know how though. That's why they make the millions I guess.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #5230 on: February 8, 2022, 01:20:03 pm »
Could also do some place in the Northern US with a town across the border. Would open up some more possibilities like making fun of Canadians or making it even clearer what a shithole the US are, but having American cities be hellholes and the Canadian being some kind of Utopia... ;)

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5231 on: February 8, 2022, 01:23:46 pm »
Could also do some place in the Northern US with a town across the border. Would open up some more possibilities like making fun of Canadians or making it even clearer what a shithole the US are, but having American cities be hellholes and the Canadian being some kind of Utopia... ;)

No hospital bills if you die on the Canadian side of the border?  ;D

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5232 on: February 8, 2022, 03:22:08 pm »
No hospital bills if you die on the Canadian side of the border?  ;D
No Ammu-Nation either
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5233 on: February 8, 2022, 06:43:31 pm »
My dream game is a Rockstar open world game with a GTA budget that takes place in Japan somewhere.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5234 on: February 9, 2022, 12:22:48 pm »
My dream game is a Rockstar open world game with a GTA budget that takes place in Japan somewhere.

Not Japan, but try Sleeping Dogs!

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #5235 on: February 9, 2022, 10:48:18 pm »
Sleeping dogs was brilliant. Like a cross between GTA and the Arkham games (in terms of combat)

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5236 on: February 10, 2022, 02:13:26 am »
Sleeping dogs was brilliant. Like a cross between GTA and the Arkham games (in terms of combat)

I second this. A very good and somewhat underrated game.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5237 on: February 10, 2022, 06:49:32 am »
You want a pork bun?

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5238 on: February 10, 2022, 01:26:20 pm »
You want a pork bun?

You look like you could eat a pork bun
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #5239 on: March 8, 2022, 12:43:52 pm »
PS5 - GTA 5 and GTA Online Pricing and Discounts
GTA 5 for PS5 will be 75% off for the first three months of launch, priced at $9.99 USD / £8.75 / $14.99 AUD. After three months, the game will cost $39.99 / £34.99 / $59.95 AUD. This version of the game includes the single player story mode, and GTA Online.

The standalone version of GTA Online for PS5 is completely free for the first three months of release on PS5. After the first three months, the standalone game will cost $19.99 USD / £17.99 / $30.95 AUD.

Xbox Series X/S - GTA 5 and GTA Online Pricing and Discounts
GTA 5 for Xbox Series X/S will be 50% off for the first three months of launch, priced at $19.99 USD / £17.49 / $29.97 AUD. After three months, the game will cost $39.99 / £34.99 / $59.95 AUD. This version of the game includes the single player story mode, and GTA Online.

Xbox versions of GTA Online will not be free at launch, but are on sale for three months at $9.99 USD / £8.99 / $15.47 AUD. After the first three months, the standalone game will cost $19.99 USD / £17.99 / $30.95 AUD.

https://www.ign.com/articles/gta-5-online-ps5-xbox-series-price-free-upgrade
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."