Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim  (Read 237020 times)

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
« Reply #120 on: June 10, 2011, 12:24:04 pm »
In terms of an rpg I think it will go close.
300+ hours of gameplay; I mean what more could an rpg fan want.
Theres going to be plenty of depth as always and an enthralling main quest.
Improved graphics, and dragons.
I mean what more could anyone want.

attached blowjob machine?

I hope they make it as open as the last, the mods were a huge part of Oblivion

Offline DanFromMars

• Stays up all night playing cards. Henri Winterman cigars
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #121 on: June 10, 2011, 12:43:17 pm »
It's mostly just the Morrowind fanboys complaining on the downslide of TES series since it
Indie Retro Gaming News Site
http://www.indieretronews.com/

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: June 10, 2011, 01:05:11 pm »
Hard to believe it's the same system really. Hopefully they hire more than 3 voice actors this time too.

"Lead producer on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Craig Lafferty has told CVG that the Skyrim will have 70 different actors voicing all of the parts in the game, compared to just 14 for Oblivion."

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: June 10, 2011, 03:47:50 pm »
God forbid someone has a different opinion. I think it will be a great game but i'm disappointed with the decline in depth in the game series. Oblivion was a good game but hardly the epitomy of RPG greatness some make it out to be.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #124 on: June 10, 2011, 04:50:51 pm »
God forbid someone has a different opinion. I think it will be a great game but i'm disappointed with the decline in depth in the game series. Oblivion was a good game but hardly the epitomy of RPG greatness some make it out to be.

Lets be honest, it was no Daggerfall now was it?
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: June 10, 2011, 04:51:34 pm »
What was it about previous games that made them so good compared to Oblivion? I've never actually played them.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #126 on: June 10, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »
What was it about previous games that made them so good compared to Oblivion? I've never actually played them.

More nostalgic feel now for me. The games seemed a lot more in depth. For instance, in Daggerfall, you could buy houses, buy boats, put money in banks, you could turn into a vampire, werewolf and other creatures. There wasn't that many games like that at the time. The graphics are horrid now so I think you'll find playing a 15 year old game hard to bare. Morrowind still looks decent though
My mate is Sarah Harding's cousin from girls aloud, he looks a fair but like her which is a bit weird when i'm cracking one off over MTV like

Offline ericcsson

• Anny Roader
« Reply #127 on: June 10, 2011, 07:11:45 pm »
Definitely looking forward to this one!
Stand, Be True

Offline WEIRDOG

• Main Stander
  • You'll never walk alone
« Reply #128 on: June 10, 2011, 08:25:07 pm »
More nostalgic feel now for me. The games seemed a lot more in depth. For instance, in Daggerfall, you could buy houses, buy boats, put money in banks, you could turn into a vampire, werewolf and other creatures. There wasn't that many games like that at the time. The graphics are horrid now so I think you'll find playing a 15 year old game hard to bare. Morrowind still looks decent though
Daggerfall rules!! They still use the same soundeffects for a creaky door opening!!
I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: June 10, 2011, 08:33:24 pm »
Agree... but it is a brand new engine, which will no doubt have some bugs.
Some they will iron out before the release hopefully.
Still love the idea of random dragons that will attack you and others.
And the fact that some, eventually, will be out to help you.
Think they've got the predictable and random dragons spot on - if it all works of course ;D

I know mate, understand it's a new engine ect so hope they do sort the physics out a bit, to be honest though, even if they didn't I'd still play this, it looks quality.

Wonder if they'll do an Elder Scrolls online at some point, a server of say 20-30 players on at once (would have to have dedicated servers obviously) to go round and complete the quests from the main storyline or even create a seperate online storyline.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 08:35:43 pm by J-Mc- »

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #130 on: June 11, 2011, 01:53:52 am »
yeah TES online and ruin everything like how the warcraft series was butchered and gutted.

Offline snowlion

• Kopite
« Reply #131 on: June 11, 2011, 02:03:14 am »
So far, this looks great.  I am definitely excited that there are many different types of dungeons.  Oblivion started looking boring after going through the 'same' dungeon for the hundredth time.  I also like the randomness of the dragons.  Now only to find time to play it ...
Make Us Dream

Offline Niru Red4ever

• Spoiler spoiler
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: June 11, 2011, 02:09:27 pm »
yeah TES online and ruin everything like how the warcraft series was butchered and gutted.

I am hoping someday a frustrated Warcraft fan will release a virus which will destroy this whole WoW nonsense  :no
Would love the 19th more and more trophies; but would love even more to see a fan owned LFC.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #133 on: June 12, 2011, 05:04:25 am »
Apologies if this has been posted already. I wasn't convinced i was going to get this. i am now. Utterly and completely convinced. Can't wait now!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ic6dKnv3WdU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ic6dKnv3WdU?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name&gt;</a>
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: June 12, 2011, 08:14:54 am »

They're shipping the Creation Kit (Same as the Construction Set for older TES titles) bundled with every purchase.  That's about as bold a statement of support for modders as you can throw out there, but it just makes sense.  Imagine how much money they've made off of Oblivion just because the modding community kept interest in the game alive by making fresh content constantly.  I can't wait to get my hands on it, looks like it's going to be intense.

Offline Red James

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: June 12, 2011, 02:10:58 pm »
The giant spiders look horrifying. I'm terrified of spiders.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #136 on: June 12, 2011, 02:27:53 pm »
Better than those Daedric spiders at least.  Love the new kill animations, jumping on the spider with a stab through the head etc.

Also anyone see the horse riding?  Looks like it'll be really smooth and similar to red dead.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #137 on: June 12, 2011, 02:41:00 pm »
I think the horses were a relatively late addition to this, as they weren't sure whether to put them in or not a couple of months ago. Glad they're in though..hopefully the textures can keep up with the horses.

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: June 12, 2011, 04:56:41 pm »
Also anyone see the horse riding?  Looks like it'll be really smooth and similar to red dead.

I like how the horses are quite stocky and have short legs, as you'd imagine in a mountainous/rocky landscape.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #139 on: August 8, 2011, 12:28:29 pm »

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2011, 11:51:25 am »
Started playing Oblivion last week for the first time and apart from tons of dark dungeons really enjoying it. A bit more excited for Skyrim now.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2011, 12:03:10 pm »
Started playing Oblivion last week for the first time and apart from tons of dark dungeons really enjoying it. A bit more excited for Skyrim now.

The dungeons aren't so rough if you turn the brightness up in the options, I find. Either that or equip a torch/starlight spell. Makes a difference.

The Argonians look amazing in Skyrim, much like the other races actually..

http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/08/15/the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim-screenshots-show-lizard-men-cat-men-orcs-and-elves/

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2011, 03:22:08 pm »
Trying to get hold of Oblivion again after the first copy I played, when it was released, was a 'naughty' version. Was looking at the prices for it around the net and its not exactly cheap for a 6 year old PC game (the none GOTY, expansion, super dupper flying monkey edition). Might just buy a used copy from play.com for £22 (which has the expansion packs actually)

Offline RivaGe

• Legacy Fan
  • walk on
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2011, 03:25:38 pm »
Trying to get hold of Oblivion again after the first copy I played, when it was released, was a 'naughty' version. Was looking at the prices for it around the net and its not exactly cheap for a 6 year old PC game (the none GOTY, expansion, super dupper flying monkey edition). Might just buy a used copy from play.com for £22 (which has the expansion packs actually)
It was 10$ on Steam less than a week ago  :-\
The dungeons aren't so rough if you turn the brightness up in the options, I find. Either that or equip a torch/starlight spell. Makes a difference.
It's not the brightness thing, I just prefer the surface :)
It was 10$ just a couple of weeks ago on Steam.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2011, 08:29:59 pm »
Got the platinum Ps3 goty version with Batman AA for £25 quid from play.com in '09.  Loads of bugs in the Ps3 version with no patch so far... Will be going PC for Skyrim, since it's way more powerful so can play with nice graphics... and of mouse+keyboard

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2011, 08:51:47 pm »

I luckily got the GOTY edition it for £13 from a second hand game shop. COuldn't new for under £20, except for gameplay where its out of stock.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2011, 09:24:34 pm »

If the GOTY is only a fiver or so more, I'd definitely get it. The shivering isles/Knights of the nine add about 20 hours of gameplay between them.

Offline medley

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Garrincha
« Reply #147 on: August 17, 2011, 12:08:22 pm »
Its £15 on steam. Might just get it through there as its the cheapest around. Was hoping to get the physical box as I assumed it comes with a proper manual and a map may be? I remember Morrowind came with a map. The box cover for Daggerfall was amazing as well. Like a reflective skeleton thing on the front

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 12:10:58 pm by medley »

Offline Mouseboy11

• Main Stander
  • Luis Garcia, He Drinks Sangria!
« Reply #148 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:30 pm »
New engine looks nice, assume this will be used for the next Fallout game.

Offline Gobias Industries

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: August 18, 2011, 08:37:41 pm »
I want to know if massive spiders are a common feature of this game or if that's a one off. This could be a dealbreaker for me.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #150 on: August 18, 2011, 08:48:46 pm »
I doubt they'll be a big part of it, think of the wild creatures in Oblivion. You only see them in certain areas really. Maybe they'll put them in dungeons like Goblins, or in woods like the bears.

Offline Addy

• Kemlynite
  • Gerrard. Legend.
« Reply #151 on: August 19, 2011, 04:05:41 pm »

Not too long ago they had Oblivion on the Steam Summer sale - GOTY Deluxe edition for £6.80 - great bargain.

Grabbed a copy as had never played it (I loved Morrowind but then took a back seat away from gaming for a while).

Looking forward to Skyrim but may need to update my PC hardware me thinks :(

Offline voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #152 on: August 19, 2011, 05:42:21 pm »
I think I ordered this a while back when drunk after a night out.......but I can't remember.

It'll be good anyway!!

Offline Stevie93

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2011, 04:39:09 pm »
http://www.gamersspot.com/?controller=news&op=view-news&news_id=94708

Pictures of all the playable races in the game. There's a dog in the first picture with the dark elf. Interesting.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2011, 04:57:13 pm »
I've been playing Morrowind (Elder Scrolls III)

Going to try and actually finish it this time :)

Then IV

Then maybe V (When it's out)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline DanFromMars

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Indie Retro News
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2011, 05:24:15 pm »

Then IV

You can probably pick it up off steam for a fiver by the time you're ready for V

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2011, 06:07:54 pm »
They're bound to, it's been a huge part of their success and respect as a company on the PC, also Fallout 3 also has a massive mod community. An Elder Scrolls without modability is unthinkable.

I can't wait for this one I must say, the new skill/level up system sounds absolutely awesome, and I love the look of how they've implemented dual wielding (dual wielding YAAAY!) with each hand tied to each mouse button.

Then IV

I've been wanting to go back and play it but I really want to mod it up a bit and just can't quite be bothered to invest the few ours of fiddling needed, which is a bit pathetic really. Ditto with Oblivion - there's a really cool combat mod I'd like to try which allows spectacular behedings.

Still, not all that long now and there's Deus Ex to keep me occupied until them.

I haven't been this excited by a PC game in ages. Actually that's a lie, I was this excited by The Witcher 2 as well, it's been a great year for PC games so far! :)
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2011, 06:10:48 pm »
Since we're on it, what kind of character is everyone intending to play?

I think I'll go with a sword 'n' spell Dark Elf, with ranged magic goodness and double sword slicage when it gets up close and personal. I'm not a big fan of really heavy armour for some reason so I might add stealth skills into the mix as well if they work well with ranged spells.

Offline zebenzui

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2011, 06:11:28 pm »
Got a few gripes about Oblivion, nothing obody's not said before, terrible voice acting, shit guild questlines (besides dark brotherhood), every quest involved a fucking dungeon.

Skyrim looks ok, pity they decided to dispense with the fugly NPCs.

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2011, 06:16:20 pm »
Got a few gripes about Oblivion, nothing obody's not said before, terrible voice acting, shit guild questlines (besides dark brotherhood)...
On which note it'd be awesome if they brought back the Morag Tong (or an equivalent), I always seem to be unable to be an evil badass on these games. I can do ambivalent, indeed prefer it (one of the things I really dislike about bioware games is the lack of a decent middle option, or rather that you're always punished by the game mechanics for going that way and the choices are so painfully black and white) but I'm not into murdering the innocent for no reason. Other than the odd save/reload obviously! ;)