Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1918331 times)

Online Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10800 on: January 11, 2019, 12:01:13 pm »
It still doesn't change the fact that any thing they say is tempered over whether the healing process is a quick one or not. I never take anything they say as gospel because at the end of the day any player injured can suffer setbacks, which will obviously put things back. Really don't get why its such a big deal. It's only because fans spend too much time stressing about stuff like this.

It's a big deal because when the club say 6 weeks people take it as 6 weeks, then when it isn't 6 weeks people worry that something untoward has happened and theres been a major setback that keeps a key player out for longer. Those press releases are supposed to manage expectations and the clearly haven't done that, this was always going to be a 2 to 3 month process and that's what they should have said.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10801 on: January 11, 2019, 12:11:15 pm »
Gomez got injured what about a month ago?

Klopp said today:

“[The situation with] centre-halves is not cool in this moment but probably in two weeks it looks different.

Online Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10802 on: January 11, 2019, 12:15:28 pm »
Gomez got injured what about a month ago?

Klopp said today:

“[The situation with] centre-halves is not cool in this moment but probably in two weeks it looks different.

5 weeks ago. I think the latest reports are that he'll be back in February which adds another 3 weeks on, which is probably about right for a fibula fracture

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10803 on: January 11, 2019, 12:27:26 pm »
No. The exact words they used were up to 6 weeks. Not about. You can go look at the press release if you want. The target for these is always return to play as well as that's what the goal is. The healing isn't taking any longer than it should and if he's going to be back in the next month then it's probably going the same as all fractures do, which is a non or partial weight bearing status for the first 6 weeks whilst the new soft bone hardens enough to allow full weight bearing. Thats basic fracture healing no matter how many caveats you put on it. To put 6 weeks for this was just getting people's hopes up and waaaaay off the mark as he was never going to be back 6 weeks after fracturing his fibula.

How does it even matter..  ;D
If he's match fit he walks into our team.. if he's not we need to manage without him to the best of our abilities..
What the club said or didnt say or how they worded their statement at the time of injury means fuck all really..

I don't remember how the club worded the Ox injury statement, but it was widely reported that he would be out the whole season and possibly miss the start of next as well.. But now there's a chance he could be back earlier..

Sometimes players heal faster than expected, sometimes longer.. We just need to suck it up and hope our players remain largely injury free and when they do get injured, come back as quick as possible..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #10804 on: January 11, 2019, 12:37:57 pm »
How does it even matter..  ;D
If he's match fit he walks into our team.. if he's not we need to manage without him to the best of our abilities..
What the club said or didnt say or how they worded their statement at the time of injury means fuck all really..

I don't remember how the club worded the Ox injury statement, but it was widely reported that he would be out the whole season and possibly miss the start of next as well.. But now there's a chance he could be back earlier..

Sometimes players heal faster than expected, sometimes longer.. We just need to suck it up and hope our players remain largely injury free and when they do get injured, come back as quick as possible..
It matters because he is a better option to have rather than Lovren or Matip...if Gomez is playing against City Aguero doesn't get that shot off for the goal.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10805 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:12 pm »
Lallana out as well

This got beyond a fucking joke long ago. Get rid ASAP.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10806 on: January 11, 2019, 12:45:35 pm »
It matters because he is a better option to have rather than Lovren or Matip...if Gomez is playing against City Aguero doesn't get that shot off for the goal.

No it doesn't matter.. all that matters is when the team management think he is ready to play for us..
There are plenty of times statements are put out that xyz player is injured or has a knock and won't play, only to be in the playing eleven (mostly against us)
Injury statements can never be definite..

As for Aguero not scoring if Gomez is on the pitch is just a silly statement to make, because there is no way for us to know that.. Maybe he scores, maybe he doesn't..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10807 on: January 11, 2019, 12:48:29 pm »

As for Aguero not scoring if Gomez is on the pitch is just a silly statement to make, because there is no way for us to know that.. Maybe he scores, maybe he doesn't..
yep. bollicks it is

yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10808 on: January 11, 2019, 12:50:27 pm »
Lallana out as well
Again. Just cannot rely on him at all.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10809 on: January 11, 2019, 12:53:32 pm »
Again. Just cannot rely on him at all.

To be fair mate, we haven't really relied on him this season anyway..
I really don't see how he would have got a start even if he was fully fit.. on the bench yes, but not a start..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10810 on: January 11, 2019, 12:57:40 pm »
I really don't see how he would have got a start even if he was fully fit.. on the bench yes, but not a start..
fully fit he would if on form

problem is he needs games to find the level we expect of him. and he keeps getting injured so he isnt going to get to that level

he will be gone in the summer im sure

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10811 on: January 11, 2019, 12:59:20 pm »

Thats the problem. If he was a 20 year old on £20k a week I would have no problem, and would be patient. But I'm sure he's on more than £100k, is nearing the end of his peak years and still is of no use to us currently.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10812 on: January 11, 2019, 01:01:59 pm »
Lovren potentially back after Palace
Matip could still play tomorrow should be ready for Palace

Hendo training today, could miss out tomorrow, will depend on his session

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10813 on: January 11, 2019, 01:02:45 pm »
It's a big deal because when the club say 6 weeks people take it as 6 weeks, then when it isn't 6 weeks people worry that something untoward has happened and theres been a major setback that keeps a key player out for longer. Those press releases are supposed to manage expectations and the clearly haven't done that, this was always going to be a 2 to 3 month process and that's what they should have said.

While I get what you mean I just find it sad that some people have little faith on the other players we have. People need to learn to trust in the squad we have, we will cope with it. Every team gets injuries its par for the course in football.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10814 on: January 11, 2019, 01:04:18 pm »
fully fit he would if on form

problem is he needs games to find the level we expect of him. and he keeps getting injured so he isnt going to get to that level

he will be gone in the summer im sure

Yep.. he's not been fully fit long enough to recapture any sort of form.. agree that he'll be off in the summer..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10815 on: January 11, 2019, 01:05:20 pm »
While I get what you mean I just find it sad that some people have little faith on the other players we have. People need to learn to trust in the squad we have, we will cope with it. Every team gets injuries its par for the course in football.

Completely agree with that, you deal with the cards you're dealt and there isn't much else you can do about it.

Offline 88_RED

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10816 on: January 11, 2019, 01:06:08 pm »
Thats the problem. If he was a 20 year old on £20k a week I would have no problem, and would be patient. But I'm sure he's on more than £100k, is nearing the end of his peak years and still is of no use to us currently.

Which is why there has been some speculation and plenty of chat on here as well that he will be moved on or he will want to move on himself to get regular minutes elsewhere..
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10817 on: January 11, 2019, 01:17:45 pm »
age yes but his wages have nothing to do with it. if he was playing for free you would still be somewhat disappointed that he isnt at the level we expect from him and seems to be always injured

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10818 on: January 11, 2019, 01:24:34 pm »
I understand what you mean, it's just a bit frustrating when we could perhaps do with the numbers, even for the bench, and the find he's got another niggle. Shades of Sturridge when he went through that period of being unavailable when he was needed the most.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10819 on: January 12, 2019, 12:29:54 am »
Interesting by Mel Reddy on one of the Wrap shoes today regarding Ox's "rehabilitation being ahead of schedule" and that "he could also feature soon enough and work with the team during the extended period of rest (ahead of the 1st leg against Bayern)".

Sounds like he might indeed be back for the tail end of the season.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2019, 12:32:19 am by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline didi shamone

• Too old for fighting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10820 on: January 12, 2019, 12:47:01 am »
No. The exact words they used were up to 6 weeks. Not about. You can go look at the press release if you want. The target for these is always return to play as well as that's what the goal is. The healing isn't taking any longer than it should and if he's going to be back in the next month then it's probably going the same as all fractures do, which is a non or partial weight bearing status for the first 6 weeks whilst the new soft bone hardens enough to allow full weight bearing. Thats basic fracture healing no matter how many caveats you put on it. To put 6 weeks for this was just getting people's hopes up and waaaaay off the mark as he was never going to be back 6 weeks after fracturing his fibula.

Yea up to six weeks made it seem as if it could be shorter. Strange wording indeed. Was wondering how it could be so quick. Having read the above it's clear that it couldn't have.
We've won and kept clean sheets without him beside Virgil and we just have to do it again.

Offline Advil

• The Pain in Houllier's Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kopite Family
« Reply #10821 on: January 12, 2019, 02:29:09 am »
Lallana out as well

We really need to move on from Lallana. Injured, takes time to regain match sharpness. Then injured again. Repeat.
None but a noble man treats women in an honorable manner, and none but an ignorant man treats women disgracefully.
-Prophet Muhammad (PBUH)

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10822 on: January 12, 2019, 05:24:37 am »
As long as VVD is fine our backline should be fine.
Believer

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10823 on: January 12, 2019, 12:24:31 pm »
Hendo and Matip both traveled today with the rest of the squad

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #10824 on: January 12, 2019, 12:26:39 pm »
Matip will play I reckon
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10825 on: January 12, 2019, 12:35:13 pm »
My soft bone hardens quite quickly but im not sure it ever gets to full weight bearing, to be honest. 50 lbs max, at a guess. Depending on circumstance, of course.
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10826 on: January 12, 2019, 12:58:22 pm »
My soft bone hardens quite quickly but im not sure it ever gets to full weight bearing, to be honest. 50 lbs max, at a guess. Depending on circumstance, of course.

Will you be ready for this afternoon?

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #10827 on: January 12, 2019, 02:49:48 pm »
Always ready for a run-out if i get the call  ;D
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10828 on: January 12, 2019, 02:52:24 pm »

Not sure why your weekend activities are being shared in here but I wouldn't be trying to put your full weight on it!

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10829 on: January 12, 2019, 02:57:35 pm »
What happened to trent there during the warm up?

Online Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10830 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:28 pm »
Fuck sakes.

Trent out for 4 weeks with a knee problem and Wiljnaldum a doubt for the weekend also with a knee problem - courtesy of Paul Joyce.

Offline hitnrock

• Kopite
  • Rafa's Red And White Kop
« Reply #10831 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:29 pm »
Trent out for 4 weeks. [emoji22]
Waiting for Gerrard is like waiting for Goku.
Only a few moments remaining until Goku arrives.
Next week:

Goku is almost there, can he stop the ginyu force?
Next week:

Goku is about to arrive, is he up to the challenge?

;)

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10832 on: January 15, 2019, 12:01:43 pm »
SHITE

Trent out for a month with a knee injury and Gini a doubt for saturday

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10833 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:24 pm »
Trent out for 4 weeks. [emoji22]

Is that an effect of the injury from the Brighton pre-game?

Gomez and Milner will probably be filling in now.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10834 on: January 15, 2019, 12:02:43 pm »
This is why we shouldn't have loaned Clyne.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10835 on: January 15, 2019, 12:03:14 pm »
FFS who do we play at right back for the next few games?
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Online Big Dirk

• But with Little Harnds. One of these is incorrerct.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Belfast Red
« Reply #10836 on: January 15, 2019, 12:03:50 pm »
Are there still any idiots who thought it was a good idea to loan out our only other recognised RB?For the sake of 5 months more football what a truly baffling decision.
Born a Red-Live a Red-Die a Red

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #10837 on: January 15, 2019, 12:04:33 pm »
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10838 on: January 15, 2019, 12:04:53 pm »
FFS who do we play at right back for the next few games?

Milner or Camacho.  At a push, maybe Hoever.

Klopp was apparently happy to let Clyne go because he had those players as options, we’re going to have to use them now.

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10839 on: January 15, 2019, 12:05:08 pm »
Makes the Clyne decision look questionable, but I'm sure we'll have thought this situation through when the decision to let Clyne go was made. Milner/Gomez/Fabinho will fill in I'm assuming.