Author Topic: Injury news only thread. *  (Read 1923228 times)

Offline M_B

• Main Stander
Re: Current injury updates? not a transfer speculation thread
« Reply #10000 on: June 5, 2018, 03:02:52 pm »
While I agree it is the wrong analogy for him to use, if it helps you see that blaming/punishing the victim is inherently wrong, then some good will have come from it.

I'm not blaming or punishing anyone. I highlighted the risks behind Karius remaining as number 1. If folks want to live with that risk then fair enough. I wouldn't because it's football, not rape and as a manager I would want to reduce as many risks as I could and yes, overall I don't think he's very good. But like I said that's my opinion. If Klopp keeps him as number 1 then fair enough.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #10001 on: June 5, 2018, 03:18:36 pm »
I'm not blaming or punishing anyone. I highlighted the risks behind Karius remaining as number 1. If folks want to live with that risk then fair enough. I wouldn't because it's football, not rape and as a manager I would want to reduce as many risks as I could and yes, overall I don't think he's very good. But like I said that's my opinion. If Klopp keeps him as number 1 then fair enough.

You are though. You listed a multitude of reasons why he is a "liability" based directly on the events of that game as well as some that are not. Therefore the fact he is the victim hasn't deterred you from blaming him (he's a liability because of it) or wanting him to be punished via removal from the team. Also, it's interesting how the events in the game matched your pre-conceived narrative and therefore the fact he had a concussion is a detail that can be ignored.

Classic confirmation bias really.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Online Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #10002 on: June 5, 2018, 03:18:58 pm »
So he's had concussion for two years then. You'd a thought someone would of picked up on that by now.

Maybe we should send Mignolet there as well.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline Djimi Smicer34

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #10003 on: June 5, 2018, 03:21:30 pm »
It's sad that the serious issue of a head injury has provoked such truly moronic responses from some here.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10004 on: June 5, 2018, 03:22:54 pm »
It's a sad irony that the serious issue of a head injury has provoked some truly moronic responses from some.

Ramos is taking the piss now, apparently. Said all he needs to hear now is that Firmino caught the flu from a bead of his sweat.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #10005 on: June 5, 2018, 03:26:55 pm »
How callous.

We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose.

Feel sorry for the lad getting hurt, but ye, 2 years of this from him that has nothing to do with his injury.

Rule 1:

There is no sentiment in football

Rule 2:

See rule 1

Stop being fannies, fannies.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10006 on: June 5, 2018, 03:27:45 pm »
Maybe we should send Mignolet there as well.

The glue making factory, absolutely.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10007 on: June 5, 2018, 03:29:35 pm »
The glue making factory, absolutely.

Mignolet will probably be sold at some point in the next couple of transfer windows.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #10008 on: June 5, 2018, 03:29:39 pm »
Lovren had a nightmare against Tottenham this season and nobody on the team appeared to get down on him. 
That wouldn't be the kind of reaction I would expect to be honest.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #10009 on: June 5, 2018, 03:30:23 pm »

*grabs popcorn*
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10010 on: June 5, 2018, 03:31:06 pm »
That wouldn't be the kind of reaction I would expect to be honest.

;D

Blow jobs and sexual assault in an injury thread.

Get a grip eh mods.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10011 on: June 5, 2018, 03:36:36 pm »
Some rough posts lately.  Considering the late news of him likely playing whilst injured, it is hard to see a reason for him to be forced out.  I'd go far to say I hope he gets to play again on big European nights for the Reds and absolutely has a stormer.  I think it'll be the making of him, and I have no doubt the vast majority of the Kop will support him if he starts on the front foot this season. 

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10012 on: June 5, 2018, 03:38:16 pm »
Mignolet will probably be sold at some point in the next couple of transfer windows.

Fucking SPOILER ALERT??? How the hell am I supposed to continue with my day after this news?
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10013 on: June 5, 2018, 03:40:49 pm »
Some rough posts lately.  Considering the late news of him likely playing whilst injured, it is hard to see a reason for him to be forced out.  I'd go far to say I hope he gets to play again on big European nights for the Reds and absolutely has a stormer.  I think it'll be the making of him, and I have no doubt the vast majority of the Kop will support him if he starts on the front foot this season.

Hopefully!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #10014 on: June 5, 2018, 03:44:18 pm »

Love to see it but likelihood is we'll have a new number one and Loris will be back up until he gets his chance again.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Ashburton

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10015 on: June 5, 2018, 03:51:16 pm »
Love to see it but likelihood is we'll have a new number one and Loris will be back up until he gets his chance again.

I'm not sure he would get a chance in those situations :/  Feels very rough for the guy, knowing he just wants to play a full season and redeem himself - not getting on the pitch is probably the worse thing that could happen.  I get results are important, but mental health and getting a chance to prove himself on the biggest stage again is what I'm hoping for.  If he can manage a crucial pen save against United in a final then so much the better  8)

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10016 on: June 5, 2018, 03:52:30 pm »

That's a really strange view. It's a silly thing to watch grown men kick a bag of pig skin around, after all. We do it because we're emotionally invested. Football is only about sentiment.
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Online RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10017 on: June 5, 2018, 03:52:36 pm »

Good post

Funny to see fans of other sides support some of our players more than some of our 'supporters'

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10018 on: June 5, 2018, 03:53:55 pm »
I'm not sure he would get a chance in those situations :/  Feels very rough for the guy, knowing he just wants to play a full season and redeem himself - not getting on the pitch is probably the worse thing that could happen.  I get results are important, but mental health and getting a chance to prove himself on the biggest stage again is what I'm hoping for.  If he can manage a crucial pen save against United in a final then so much the better  8)

Shame an Arsenal supporter has to speak sense about one of our own here. Good post.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10019 on: June 5, 2018, 03:56:16 pm »
as soon as he lets in a goal or makes any sort of mistake the "i told you so" brigade will be out

fwiw he would be the only one of the three senior keepers i would not sell but i would invest in a new number 1 keeper

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #10020 on: June 5, 2018, 03:57:12 pm »

Fucking SPOILER ALERT??? How the hell am I supposed to continue with my day after this news?
;D

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10021 on: June 5, 2018, 04:00:01 pm »
For me, what it boils down to is this.

Players take knocks both fairly and unfairly during games. It is how the affected player deals with those knocks that determine who comes out on top.

KARIUS SHOULD HAVE STAYED FLAT OUT ON THE FLOOR after the elbow and faked being knocked out, for longer than he did. This would have forced a detailed inspection of what happened and maybe a different outcome, at the least it would have given him an extra couple of minutes to recover more and possibly get himself back on track.

Karius showed his naivety in managing the situation, that is why Karius should shoulder the blame in my opinion.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10022 on: June 5, 2018, 04:00:17 pm »

:lmao

Excellent
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #10023 on: June 5, 2018, 04:00:59 pm »

Players take knocks both fairly and unfairly during games. It is how the affected player deals with those knocks that determine who comes out on top.

KARIUS SHOULD HAVE STAYED FLAT OUT ON THE FLOOR after the elbow and faked being knocked out, for longer than he did. This would have forced a detailed inspection of what happened and maybe a different outcome, at the least it would have given him an extra couple of minutes to recover more and possibly get himself back on track.

Karius showed his naivety in managing the situation, that is why Karius should shoulder the blame in my opinion.

If you're concussed its difficult to know that you're concussed
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10024 on: June 5, 2018, 04:01:21 pm »
as soon as he lets in a goal or makes any sort of mistake the "i told you so" brigade will be out

Yeah, they did the same as soon as we dropped points after Coutinho left, they seem more happy to be "proven right" than sad that we dropped points.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10025 on: June 5, 2018, 04:02:17 pm »
That's a really strange view. It's a silly thing to watch grown men kick a bag of pig skin around, after all. We do it because we're emotionally invested. Football is only about sentiment.

Naah.

Football is about tribalism, us v them, the glory, the winning, untouchable - to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10026 on: June 5, 2018, 04:02:51 pm »

And if the referee who most likely has no medical training doesn't see anything wrong (remember that even Karius would have had difficulty knowing that he was concussed) and sends him off for faking an injury, what then?

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10027 on: June 5, 2018, 04:03:12 pm »
Is this still an injury thread?

Come'ed mods, have you got concussion?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10028 on: June 5, 2018, 04:04:36 pm »
Is this still an injury thread?

Come'ed mods, have you got concussion?

People are talking about a player with an injury, soooooo.... yes?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #10029 on: June 5, 2018, 04:07:24 pm »

fwiw he would be the only one of the three senior keepers i would not sell but i would invest in a new number 1 keeper
So basically, the exact thing that happened this season then?

He was getting shit this season for not diving for shots he shouldn't save - because a proper keeper still makes an effort. Despite videos provided of Neuer, Buffon, De Gea et al. doing the exact same thing.

Then he was getting shit for closing his eyes while being whacked on the head because a proper keeper keeps his eyes open to see what is going on. Despite pictures provided of Jennings, Banks, Buffon, Oblak, De Gea et al. doing the exact same thing.

Then he was getting shit for punching the ball instead of catching it. For being poor on crosses generally. For not being savvy enough to know that Kane would dive. For not saving a penalty. For being too physical with Benteke. For saving shots onto the crossbar. For almost getting lobbed by Arnautovic. For grabbing VVDs head when they both went for the same cross. For us not winning enough of the ball off of long goal kicks. For not kicking it far enough (despite the fact this is measured by opta and his kicks have been measured to travel 90+ yards). For getting too much height on kicks. For not making 6+ saves per game. For not winning us enough games.

Basically - he already gets shite for everything from a section of our 'support' and that likely won't change because = confirmation bias. He is already being judged up against standards that nobody could ever succeed against which suggest either people have unrealistically high expectations of Karius or people are setting him up to fail for their "I told you so" moment. And all of this was before Kiev.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #10030 on: June 5, 2018, 04:08:59 pm »

Yeah, I'm going to go right ahead and say that is literally the absolute last thing you want people to do. In any situation.

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10031 on: June 5, 2018, 04:09:23 pm »
And if the referee who most likely has no medical training doesn't see anything wrong (remember that even Karius would have had difficulty knowing that he was concussed) and sends him off for faking an injury, what then?

Send him off for faking an injury? Why would the ref do that? The replay would clearly show that he was injured and elbowed in the side of the head, not like he was diving or anything. Just exaggerating the after effects to a) prolong recovery and b) direct media and official attention towards the incident.'

Offline Liver-Land

• Anny Roader
« Reply #10032 on: June 5, 2018, 04:10:52 pm »
Yeah, I'm going to go right ahead and say that is literally the absolute last thing you want people to do. In any situation.

My choice of words was bad - prolong the after effects of the injury. He was actually knocked out for a few seconds anyway.

My point is - by the time he jumped back up and went to the ref, the game had moved on and the ref didn't give a shit.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10033 on: June 5, 2018, 04:13:42 pm »
My point is - by the time he jumped back up and went to the ref, the game had moved on and the ref didn't give a shit.

Or the referee most likely wouldn't have seen the incident as he would have been focused on what was happening elsewhere.

As for your other post, it's a risk that could happen, would we really want to take it?

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10034 on: June 5, 2018, 04:20:59 pm »
People are talking about a player with an injury, soooooo.... yes?

I think he was maybe referring to the fact some posters were using the injury thread for having a go at our injured players?
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10035 on: June 5, 2018, 04:23:18 pm »

It appears he didn't know anything about the concussion until well after the game had finished.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10036 on: June 5, 2018, 04:28:46 pm »
I think he was maybe referring to the fact some posters were using the injury thread for having a go at our injured players?

so he was talking about himself? There seems to be a lot of that going on  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10037 on: June 5, 2018, 04:37:15 pm »
So basically, the exact thing that happened this season then?

He was getting shit this season for not diving for shots he shouldn't save - because a proper keeper still makes an effort. Despite videos provided of Neuer, Buffon, De Gea et al. doing the exact same thing.

Then he was getting shit for closing his eyes while being whacked on the head because a proper keeper keeps his eyes open to see what is going on. Despite pictures provided of Jennings, Banks, Buffon, Oblak, De Gea et al. doing the exact same thing.

Then he was getting shit for punching the ball instead of catching it. For being poor on crosses generally. For not being savvy enough to know that Kane would dive. For not saving a penalty. For being too physical with Benteke. For saving shots onto the crossbar. For almost getting lobbed by Arnautovic. For grabbing VVDs head when they both went for the same cross. For us not winning enough of the ball off of long goal kicks. For not kicking it far enough (despite the fact this is measured by opta and his kicks have been measured to travel 90+ yards). For getting too much height on kicks. For not making 6+ saves per game. For not winning us enough games.

Basically - he already gets shite for everything from a section of our 'support' and that likely won't change because = confirmation bias. He is already being judged up against standards that nobody could ever succeed against which suggest either people have unrealistically high expectations of Karius or people are setting him up to fail for their "I told you so" moment. And all of this was before Kiev.
  :wellin

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10038 on: June 5, 2018, 04:49:53 pm »
David Preece with a few words about concussions he had:

https://inews.co.uk/sport/football/loris-karius-concussion-liverpool-real-madrid-champions-league-final-sergio-ramos/

Glancing blow

My first was as innocuous as they come. It was at Celtic Park in 1999. Mark Viduka came through on goal and rounded me with the ball before scoring in to the empty net behind me. As I dived at his feet, his knee glanced my temple. Looking back at the footage, I didn’t go down or even look for attention. To all intents and purposes, I was fine.

Now, I have to look at the footage to see what happened because to this day, I can’t remember. I was told by teammates I asked them if I’d had a knock to the head. They then informed the club doctor in the dugout, who then came to assess me. By this time it was only minutes from the end of the game, which I finished, totally bemused.

In the dressing room I repeated “Have I had a bang on the head? What was the score?” over and over. At that point, I couldn’t remember the previous 24 hours and was taken to hospital where I was diagnosed with concussion and post-traumatic amnesia. It was a state I stayed in for 48 hours, suffering from short-term memory loss. I was released but ordered not to undertake strenuous exercise for three weeks and no contact sport for six further weeks.

...and

Lasting impression

It should have been a warning for me but, wrongly, I treated head injuries like broken bones and muscular injuries. They became badges of honour and it was only after my fifth and the symptoms became longer lasting that I began to sit up and notice, reading up on the links to depression and early onset of dementia. By then it was probably too late. The last incident in December of 2012 left a lasting impression, causing great concern. For two weeks after the incident, watching TV became unbearable. The moving pictures and any flashing images induced an intense nausea, so much so I’d vomit.

At the time and in the immediate aftermath of the Champions League final, Karius obviously didn’t outwardly display any signs of concussion but his late diagnosis and subsequent treatment is still vital not only to his physical recovery, but also mentally. I’m sure he won’t be using it as an excuse for what happened, but it may help in easing the self-flagellation and beating himself up that inevitably occurs after such errors.

« Last Edit: June 5, 2018, 04:59:08 pm by Lofty Ambitions »
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10039 on: June 5, 2018, 04:54:50 pm »
We're a right shower'a bastards when we lose.

Feel sorry for the lad getting hurt, but ye, 2 years of this from him that has nothing to do with his injury.

Rule 1:

Rule 2:

See rule 1

Hi Paul, how's it going at Salford?  Hope you are doing well.