Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 607353 times)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7200 on: April 24, 2020, 09:38:46 pm »
Someone leaked all the episodes up it seems.

A few streaming sites have them up.

Shoot me a PM if you know them mate

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7201 on: April 24, 2020, 09:44:43 pm »
Shoot me a PM if you know them mate
Sent it.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7202 on: April 25, 2020, 03:42:01 pm »
Sent it.
send me as well brother, i may not wait until tomorrow night

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7203 on: April 26, 2020, 07:02:24 pm »
does anyone have episodes 9 and 10?

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7204 on: April 27, 2020, 08:28:16 am »
Just read an aticle on that today on CBS about that.

Amazing he was the 2nd best player in the league and getting a pittance.

Shocking from the ownership who took advantage that his family were relying on him money wise and they lowballed him to save money, they refused to even renegotiate the terms after the first 3peat.

The documentary makers want us to be outraged by Pippen's contract and treatment by the Bulls, but I don't have a problem with it.

Players and their agents will always work to get the best deal possible. There are plenty of players in the top level of basketball, football etc. who are making eight-figure salaries that their performance levels don't come close to justifying. Unless I'm mistaken, club owners have no recourse to renegotiate a lower salary more in keeping with the player's output. So why should they be obliged to renegotiate a better salary for those whose performance exceeds their contractual value? The player can still agitate for a move by bitching to the press, faking a back injury or deliberately delaying surgery until the start of the new season. I think it's got to be a two-way street, and if it's true that Reinsdorf advised Pippen against seeking a 6/7 year contract, then more fool Pippen and his agent.

Anyway, Pippen apparently made $109,000,000 in salary over his career, compared to Jordan's $93,000,000, so he got what he deserved in the end.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7205 on: April 27, 2020, 08:49:18 am »
Bulls gave him $10m at the end of his career when he was basically done to be fair, plus it was a good deal when it was signed, like with Steph curry who was on something like $12m in his MVP years, jordan made around $4m in 95/96 for context here so he also got a bit screwed on signing a long term deal too, but he made stupid money from the likes of Nike and gatorade
« Last Edit: April 27, 2020, 08:50:53 am by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7206 on: April 27, 2020, 09:10:31 am »
does anyone have episodes 9 and 10?
send me a link to the episodes up to 8 th pal

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7207 on: April 27, 2020, 09:14:21 am »
As for Pippen, clearly his long term deal was a bad decision as the sport was gaining global attention even more and money was flooding but even Scottie said he had to take care of families and maybe he was concerned for a career ending injury, keep in mind the league was quite tough physically back then.

Did Pippen make good chunk from the sponsors and commercials? I sure hope so. He was literally top 5 player in the league at the time.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7208 on: April 27, 2020, 09:22:49 am »
Reinsdorf comes across as a bit of a hypocrite in the early episodes. Whenever he gives opinion about the clashes within the group or players' issues with management; be it as Pippen asking to leave or Phil not coming back etc, he reflects attention and keeps scapegoating the GM Krause. You were the owner ffs, he acts like he had no saying and he had to follow instructions from Krause. You had a group winning titles year by year and breaking records, dont come up with that garbage "Phil had a bad relationship with Krause" "Oh i think Michael was angry with the GM" "I don't know what happened but Scottie shouted at Krause", give me a fucking break, you were the owner, nothing would have happened if you didn't want it to happen.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7209 on: April 27, 2020, 11:16:01 am »
Did Pippen make good chunk from the sponsors and commercials?
https://youtu.be/40YkCQcMCpQ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7210 on: April 27, 2020, 01:08:49 pm »
Episodes 9 and 10 haven't been completed just yet so they haven't leaked.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7212 on: April 29, 2020, 12:38:58 am »
Btw carmen electra is looking well, thought she was a lot younger than 48!!

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7213 on: April 29, 2020, 11:25:27 am »
I've never had more than a passing interest in NBA but am really enjoying this show. As someone with a new-found interest in the history of great teams/players in NBA history, are there any other good videos or reads I should look at?

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7214 on: April 29, 2020, 11:33:44 am »
I've never had more than a passing interest in NBA but am really enjoying this show. As someone with a new-found interest in the history of great teams/players in NBA history, are there any other good videos or reads I should look at?
https://youtu.be/VLwxAW6s0aI - 1984 draft doc, the year the likes of Jordan/Olajuwon/barkley/Stockton/Carl Lewis was drafted

The carter effect - on Netflix, the impact of vince carters time in Toronto (was around 2016 so pre title win)

https://youtu.be/VLwxAW6s0aI - Steam room podcast is good with Charles Barkley and Ernie Johnson’s, this one has shaq on it explaining the tiger king stuff

Inside the nba is always good too, there was kobe doin work around 12 years ago which was really good but not sure where that is, open court (there are loads on YouTube) which has some good stuff
« Last Edit: April 29, 2020, 11:35:24 am by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7215 on: May 1, 2020, 06:07:25 am »
"Once Brothers" documentary is definitely a must watch. Also off the top of my head, "The Carter Effect" abiut Vince Carter was quite good too.
« Last Edit: May 1, 2020, 06:25:10 am by elsewhere »

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤
« Reply #7216 on: May 1, 2020, 08:08:48 pm »

Space Jam!    :P

The sequel will be released next year in June.

Online BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #7217 on: May 1, 2020, 08:20:19 pm »
Not very likable this Michael lad, don't think he'll go far.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7218 on: May 1, 2020, 09:15:07 pm »
"Once Brothers" documentary is definitely a must watch. Also off the top of my head, "The Carter Effect" abiut Vince Carter was quite good too.
would second once brothers, the announcement on magic Johnson’s hiv diagnosis, bad boy pistons 30 for 30, the Orlando magic with shaw and penny one was good, Michigan fab five was a good one too

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7219 on: May 3, 2020, 08:38:52 am »
would second once brothers, the announcement on magic Johnson’s hiv diagnosis, bad boy pistons 30 for 30, the Orlando magic with shaw and penny one was good, Michigan fab five was a good one too
Yeah Once Brothers made me cry like a bitch in the end first time i saw it. So many good and tragic stories in it.
Michel Jordan To The Max was ok, i heard good stuff about Nowitzki documentary. I have a feeling within a few years we will see a great Kobe series, may he rest in peace. Still feels weird thinking he passed away.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7220 on: May 3, 2020, 12:23:50 pm »
Really enjoying the last dance series, its a shame Jordan missed 2 seasons to play baseball, they'd have won 8 titles. I remember watching his comeback season and being intrigued to see if he still has it, came back to complete dominance again. That was incredible, to take 2 years out of a sport and come back to be the best in the league.
Still remember staying up all night to watch nail biting series against Seattle and Utah, and trying not to nod off at school next day. Jordan was incredible, the Ali of basketball, both took years out and came back to boss everyone.

Phil Jackson went on to create another dynasty with the Lakers, has to be the greatest coach ever. The series is more confirmation of greatness than any surprising revelations. Whats surprised me most is Dennis Rodman, always came across as a controversial character who was celebrity first and basketball player second. Turns out he watched hours and hours of videos of his opponents, and learnt their every move. It shows that what they all had in common was hard work.
No mention of Toni Kukoc too, always thought he was a great contributor and a vital member of that bulls team.
« Last Edit: May 3, 2020, 12:27:38 pm by The North Bank »

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7221 on: May 4, 2020, 06:18:44 am »
Yeah, Kukoc not being mentioned once in the first 4 eps was a surprise, maybe they'll feature the foreign contingent (LONGLEY!!!) in a later episode. Or throw them into a general "dopey looking white lumps who nonetheless were pivotal to making the team tick... somehow" bonus feature.

I don't reckon the Bulls would've won 8 in a row if Jordan hadn't "retired". I reckon the burnout and the simmering tensions between Krause and the players would have seen it blown up after the 4th title, 5th at best.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7222 on: May 4, 2020, 07:53:47 am »
The most surprising thing from this pandemic is I have come to really appreciate basketball. The netflix series, played nba2k with mates and watching old games. I only usually watch the finals in june but i’m gonna get some normal gmt games on sky when its back
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7223 on: May 4, 2020, 01:16:53 pm »
Kukoc will get mentioned later, I think he gets mentioned in episode 5 and 6

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #7224 on: May 4, 2020, 01:21:00 pm »
Really enjoying the last dance series, its a shame Jordan missed 2 seasons to play baseball, they'd have won 8 titles. I remember watching his comeback season and being intrigued to see if he still has it, came back to complete dominance again. That was incredible, to take 2 years out of a sport and come back to be the best in the league.
Still remember staying up all night to watch nail biting series against Seattle and Utah, and trying not to nod off at school next day. Jordan was incredible, the Ali of basketball, both took years out and came back to boss everyone.

Phil Jackson went on to create another dynasty with the Lakers, has to be the greatest coach ever. The series is more confirmation of greatness than any surprising revelations. Whats surprised me most is Dennis Rodman, always came across as a controversial character who was celebrity first and basketball player second. Turns out he watched hours and hours of videos of his opponents, and learnt their every move. It shows that what they all had in common was hard work.
No mention of Toni Kukoc too, always thought he was a great contributor and a vital member of that bulls team.

I hope they make more of these docs

Personally I'd love to see one on the Lakers 2000-02, the 2004 Pistons win, or the obvious 2016 Cavs
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7225 on: May 4, 2020, 01:27:57 pm »

Personally I'd love to see one on the Lakers 2000-02, the 2004 Pistons win, or the obvious 2016 Cavs
2010/11 is the one I’d love to see, season starts with phils actual last dance, the big 3 in Miami expected to make the league a procession and it ends with dirk finally overcoming his demons in his 13th season with a team that was 20/1 going in that ended up sweeping the back to back champs, then beating the supposed up and coming super team 4-1 and then beating the team that was supposed to dominate the league on their own court with that image of dirk walking off to the lockers just before the game finished as he couldn’t hide his emotions

Also that heatles team would be a good doc, always felt they underachieved, especially as they were very close to having a 1-3 record in the finals when par was 3 titles in that 4 years

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7226 on: May 4, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »
I honestly don’t think they’d have done 8 in a row as Jordan looked pretty spent after 93 so don’t think he’d have won in 94, think 7 in 8 would have been doable

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7227 on: May 4, 2020, 04:45:24 pm »

And the team had Steve Kerr in it who went on to be head coach of the next best dynasty at the Warriors.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7228 on: May 4, 2020, 08:27:44 pm »
6th episode reminded me Stereo MC's "Connected" and how much i was a fan of John Starks. Met him years later in his cigar lounge in NY, great guy.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7229 on: May 4, 2020, 08:33:00 pm »

There will have to be a doc series for Lakers and separate series for Kobe imo. Also another one for the Warriors once Steph+Klay retires. They may do another one for my Warriors before Steph era for how shit we were ;)

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7230 on: May 5, 2020, 11:13:00 pm »
Kobe had a camera crew following him for his last season so possibly that could come out, there’s one called Kobe doin work done by spike lee around 2008 which was good. And of course I forgot Iverson, by the same people who’ve done the last dance and apparently what convinced Jordan to do this

And one other thing I’ve found out today, Ahmad Rashad is 70! Man spent a decade in the nfl and looks better than most 40 somethings!

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7231 on: May 5, 2020, 11:16:26 pm »
Kobe had a camera crew following him for his last season so possibly that could come out, there’s one called Kobe doin work done by spike lee around 2008 which was good. And of course I forgot Iverson, by the same people who’ve done the last dance and apparently what convinced Jordan to do this

And one other thing I’ve found out today, Ahmad Rashad is 70! Man spent a decade in the nfl and looks better than most 40 somethings!

You'd think with all those divorces he'd look a lot worse  ;D
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7232 on: May 6, 2020, 12:47:58 am »

You'd think with all those divorces he'd look a lot worse  ;D
to be fair looking that good is probably why he’s got so many divorces!

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7233 on: May 6, 2020, 05:07:25 am »
Just watched episodes 5 and 6, finally Kukoc makes an appearance, nice contributions throughout the series from Barak Obama, and a sad part featuring Kobe Bryant.

One constant theme in the series, probably the biggest story, is how much Jordan and Pippen hated Jerry Krause. All he had to do was like an opposition player and they made it their mission to destroy him when they faced him.
I'm starting to think now that Jordan going to play baseball for a couple of seasons was more to do with him being sick of the limelight and the pressure and less to do with his supposed mad love for baseball as a child.
Also, his gambling wasn't a problem, he loved it......
« Last Edit: May 6, 2020, 05:13:27 am by The North Bank »

Offline Seebab

• hit that post. We winced.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7234 on: May 7, 2020, 08:25:57 pm »
I don't follow any form of basketball but The Last Dance is superb. So well-made. Makes me want to go back in time and watch Michael and the Bulls play.
Some folks are born into a good life
Other folks get it anyway anyhow

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7235 on: May 7, 2020, 08:53:07 pm »

Personally I'd love to see one on the Lakers 2000-02,
Yeah that would be boss, especially 02 because the conference finals series that they with the Sacramento Kings is for me the greatest NBA playoffs series of all time.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7236 on: May 7, 2020, 09:01:09 pm »
Yeah that would be boss, especially 02 because the conference finals series that they with the Sacramento Kings is for me the greatest NBA playoffs series of all time.
up there for sure, Kings were robbed big time that year.

Online GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7237 on: May 13, 2020, 06:19:25 am »
I think the idea of the Kings in the conference finals would blow my mind irrevocably. Too dangerous IMO.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7238 on: May 17, 2020, 11:13:46 am »
Only just catching up but sheesh that ending of ep 7 was powerful, made me wanna go out and run 200 miles, eat nails and have a straightener with Mike Tyson  ;D

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #7239 on: May 18, 2020, 10:31:32 am »
Thought it was odd this late in the doc for t to detour off and spend so much time on Steve Kerr but actually made sense once it got to the pay off of his moment in 97.

Just started episode 10 and fuck me, could you really be arsed with Rodman? Fucking idiot.