Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3438535 times)

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Feli8x the tw@t... Sponsored by Dusty Bin. Special Once Thread.
« Reply #360 on: June 27, 2017, 01:42:58 am »
He'll make a good 4th cb when they play decent teams

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #361 on: June 27, 2017, 09:00:13 am »
that calls for

I don't know why people mock this, he's ran half the length of the pitch, outpacing one of the finest players of our time
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #362 on: June 27, 2017, 10:23:35 am »

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #363 on: June 27, 2017, 10:27:40 am »
I see their fanbase is still being its usual deluded self - with people arguing about them getting Kane and how much they would spend on him, and claiming that Spurs is too small for his ambitions of winning trophies and therefore he should go to them  etc.  Laughable really

Offline ggcc14

• C onfuses objective and objectionable. C-ock
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: June 27, 2017, 10:32:23 am »
It would be interesting to see what Kane said/done if Spurs accepted a huge bid. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen because he's brilliant and I much prefer him winning nothing at Tottenham. I think that an absolute wedge and the "chance to work with Mourinho" would probably sway him.
IŽll say something that might surprise you. Real life is different to computer games.
I think Nadal is brilliant. One of the top 10 ever.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #365 on: June 27, 2017, 10:33:09 am »
Not forgetting a majestic slide tackle.
While keeping the ball seemingly glued to his foot

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: June 27, 2017, 10:44:34 am »
It would be interesting to see what Kane said/done if Spurs accepted a huge bid. Obviously I hope it doesn't happen because he's brilliant and I much prefer him winning nothing at Tottenham. I think that an absolute wedge and the "chance to work with Mourinho" would probably sway him.

I am not sure - he seems to love playing football for Spurs, and its not like he is on peanuts (Ł130k a week, until 2022) - and Spurs could easily up that and still remain competitive, so it would probably take a min. of Ł250k, probably Ł300k a week to really turn his head, and a bid of 130m+ knowing Levy - given that Spurs were significantly closer to winning a major trophy than Utd last season, other than the fluke win of the Europa, and will remain so this year if they keep all their first XI and strengthen, I don't see his head being turned this year.  MAybe in 1/2 years if Spurs continue to finish 2nd and fail in the CL, but by that point, with the new stadium being completely paid for, and new sponsorships agreed, Spurs will easily be able to match that type of wage demand

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: June 27, 2017, 11:12:19 am »
Matic for 40 mo? They shop 'premium' Aldi now 😂😂😂
For Chelsea's third best midfielder ;)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #368 on: June 27, 2017, 02:22:14 pm »

I am not sure - he seems to love playing football for Spurs, and its not like he is on peanuts (Ł130k a week, until 2022) - and Spurs could easily up that and still remain competitive, so it would probably take a min. of Ł250k, probably Ł300k a week to really turn his head, and a bid of 130m+ knowing Levy - given that Spurs were significantly closer to winning a major trophy than Utd last season, other than the fluke win of the Europa, and will remain so this year if they keep all their first XI and strengthen, I don't see his head being turned this year.  MAybe in 1/2 years if Spurs continue to finish 2nd and fail in the CL, but by that point, with the new stadium being completely paid for, and new sponsorships agreed, Spurs will easily be able to match that type of wage demand

Kane would be silly to move anywhere. Under a great coach, good team around him, as much chance as anyone in the league next year to win it.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: June 27, 2017, 02:34:06 pm »
Loving how down and deflated some of them are with the players they've been linked to 😁

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #370 on: June 27, 2017, 03:25:26 pm »
@Squawka: Nemanja Matic registered more Premier League assists (7) in 2016/17 than any Man Utd player.

So Jose has the most expensive team, with the most expensive midfielder in it, and a 3rd string midfielder from Chelsea has more assists than any Man Utd player.

Wait until Matic gets to Man Utd, Jose will drill that out of him.. :lmao
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Purple Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red, Green and White Army
« Reply #371 on: June 27, 2017, 03:37:35 pm »
Were there not rumours at one point that Mourinho and Matic had a bad relationship as well?

United are a particularly entertaining Greek tragedy.

Offline Scottymuser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: June 27, 2017, 05:39:15 pm »
Were there not rumours at one point that Mourinho and Matic had a bad relationship as well?

The rumour was that Matic was one of the key men behind the chelsea being claptrap under him in his third season, being one of the ringleaders almost of the malcontent.  Great isn't it :D

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #373 on: June 27, 2017, 05:57:38 pm »

I don't see him leaving Spurs any time soon, especially not to United.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 27, 2017, 06:06:07 pm »
I don't see him leaving Spurs any time soon, especially not to United.

It's a win, win anyway. If he doesn't go it's hilarious and yet another snub to the mancs in their ever widening search to get a mega signing.

If he goes it seriously weakens a rival, and shows Spurs really are still just a selling team despite all the progress made.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #375 on: June 27, 2017, 08:08:43 pm »
Am I right in saying that they have nobody in their squad who scored more than 5 league goals last season?

I would be very concerned about that going into a new season. They need a 20-30 goal a season striker just to be on a par with last season and regardless of who they sign, strikers tend not to immediately hit the ground running when moving to the Premier League. There tends to be some period of adjustment. What if Morata struggles to adjust like Morientes - the player he was compared to throughout the ranks at Madrid.

Yet their main targets so far have been a CB and a DM, two areas which were not a problem really. Personally think they should have signed a Ibra replacement and then another pacey striker as being reliant on just one FW as they were last season is very dangerous.

In contrast to us, who in Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana, Sturridge & Origi (and now Salah) have a group of players we expect to get 8-15 goals. Of course we have our own defensive problem to solve, but that seems easier (and cheaper) to fix than going into a season with almost no goal threat.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: June 27, 2017, 08:12:50 pm »
Am I right in saying that they have nobody in their squad who scored more than 5 league goals last season?

I would be very concerned about that going into a new season. They need a 20-30 goal a season striker just to be on a par with last season and regardless of who they sign, strikers tend not to immediately hit the ground running when moving to the Premier League. There tends to be some period of adjustment. What if Morata struggles to adjust like Morientes - the player he was compared to throughout the ranks at Madrid.

Yet their main targets so far have been a CB and a DM, two areas which were not a problem really. Personally think they should have signed a Ibra replacement and then another pacey striker as being reliant on just one FW as they were last season is very dangerous.

In contrast to us, who in Coutinho, Firmino, Mane, Lallana, Sturridge & Origi (and now Salah) have a group of players we expect to get 8-15 goals. Of course we have our own defensive problem to solve, but that seems easier (and cheaper) to fix than going into a season with almost no goal threat.

Yes but they have the second coming of Brazilian Ronaldo .... Young Marcus Rashford!!

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #377 on: June 27, 2017, 08:19:24 pm »

Shouldn't that be a particularly tragic Greek tragedy? :)

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #378 on: June 27, 2017, 08:26:50 pm »
Shouldn't that be a particularly tragic Greek tragedy? :)
It's definitely a comedy.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #379 on: June 27, 2017, 08:28:38 pm »
Yes but they have the second coming of Brazilian Ronaldo .... Young Marcus Rashford!!

I believe he scored just 2 goals last season starting from a CF position. He tended to perform much better playing off Ibra as a target man starting from a wide position than leading the line himself. Actually looking on transfermarkt.com, Ibra missed the final 7 league games of the season through injury. Rashford started in his place for the first 6 of those and failed to score. In fact in all 12 matches since IbraŽs injury that he replaced him, he failed to score a single goal from open play. His only goal was that FK against Celta.

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: June 28, 2017, 04:34:55 am »
Wouldn't Martial be the guy to lead the line? They paid 50m for him and this was before that was the done thing.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: June 28, 2017, 06:13:57 am »
I believe he scored just 2 goals last season starting from a CF position. He tended to perform much better playing off Ibra as a target man starting from a wide position than leading the line himself. Actually looking on transfermarkt.com, Ibra missed the final 7 league games of the season through injury. Rashford started in his place for the first 6 of those and failed to score. In fact in all 12 matches since IbraŽs injury that he replaced him, he failed to score a single goal from open play. His only goal was that FK against Celta.

I thought Rashford scored against Chelsea in the league game at OT?
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
« Reply #382 on: June 28, 2017, 07:32:37 am »
Wouldn't Martial be the guy to lead the line? They paid 50m for him and this was before that was the done thing.
has he done much other than make Martin Tyler ejaculate all over Gary Neville?

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 28, 2017, 08:24:21 am »
I thought Rashford scored against Chelsea in the league game at OT?

That was before Ibrahimovic's injury I think. I'm sure he was just rested for that match because they had Anderlecht a few days after.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: June 29, 2017, 01:22:27 pm »
Herrera and Matic in midfield, he's taking shithousery to all new levels next season isn't he?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #385 on: June 29, 2017, 01:35:57 pm »
Herrera and Matic in midfield, he's taking shithousery to all new levels next season isn't he?

Imagine if he plays Elbows as well?
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 29, 2017, 03:02:04 pm »

I know the Ev used to pride themselves on the whole dogs of war thing thing, but surely it's not acceptable for the biggest and richest ... and bestest club in the world?

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #387 on: June 29, 2017, 03:23:19 pm »
I know the Ev used to pride themselves on the whole dogs of war thing thing, but surely it's not acceptable for the biggest and richest ... and bestest club in the world?

I remember some of them turning their noses up at signing Tevez because he wasnŽt as pleasing on the eye as Ronaldo. More hard work than skill, they said. DoesnŽt score enough, they said.

Yet here they are looking forward to a midfield 2 of Matic and Elbows who would probably be playing for Pulis if they had British Isles passports. Their fall in their expectations and standards they have for their club and the football they play is astonishing. Mourinho talks about football and their club in a way that would make me feel depressed if I was a supporter there. The only thing worse is the actual football his teams serve up. Dull but effective football. I can see now why Allardyce believes he should have got a chance at a big club.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #388 on: June 29, 2017, 06:55:36 pm »
What are they trying to achieve?

I know the owners just want to get their dividends and pay off their debt, but what is the club actually trying to achieve?

I honestly think Jose is just about moving money to his agent buddies who no doubt 'sort him out' down the line. The players they are targeting is odd. They need goals, and if they lose De Gea, then they will need even more goals.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 29, 2017, 07:28:59 pm »
What are they trying to achieve?

I know the owners just want to get their dividends and pay off their debt, but what is the club actually trying to achieve?

I honestly think Jose is just about moving money to his agent buddies who no doubt 'sort him out' down the line. The players they are targeting is odd. They need goals, and if they lose De Gea, then they will need even more goals.

According to MEN reports shitcoat has told Martin Edwards to bring ..... ahem .... Neymar to Yernited 😂

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #390 on: June 29, 2017, 07:29:51 pm »
According to MEN reports shitcoat has told Martin Edwards to bring ..... ahem .... Neymar to Yernited 😂

not having that. He isn't tall enough to be of any use defending corners

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 29, 2017, 07:34:57 pm »
not having that. He isn't tall enough to be of any use defending corners

I wasn't having it the previous 4 or 5 times they were going to sign him and I'm not now.

Seems the MEN reporters are phoning it in with recycled shite ... fair play to them. Great way to earn a living.

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #392 on: June 30, 2017, 09:06:05 am »
They'll get relegated. 
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #393 on: June 30, 2017, 05:20:43 pm »
"If you look at the drawn games at Old Trafford last season and convert maybe 90 per cent of those into wins, then United would have been challenging for the title.
"If they can do that this year, then I think the title will come back to Manchester.

Phil Neville told MUTV

😂 🤣 😭

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: June 30, 2017, 05:22:39 pm »
"If you look at the drawn games at Old Trafford last season and convert maybe 90 per cent of those into wins, then United would have been challenging for the title.
"If they can do that this year, then I think the title will come back to Manchester.

Phil Neville told MUTV

😂 🤣 😭
He really does embody both Everton and United! :lmao

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 30, 2017, 05:23:35 pm »
He's right to be fair. It's desperate, excellent clutching at straws, but he's right.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #396 on: June 30, 2017, 06:00:25 pm »
He's right to be fair. It's desperate, excellent clutching at straws, but he's right.

If they convert their loses last year as well, they should win the league by December.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 30, 2017, 06:06:02 pm »
If they convert their loses last year as well, they should win the league by December.
There is no reason they cannot win every single game, just as they should have last year with a little bit more luck.

« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 11:59:54 am by Titi Camara »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #398 on: June 30, 2017, 06:06:45 pm »
There is no reason they cannot win every single game, just as they should have last year with a little bit more luck.

Just need 3 or 4 players...

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #399 on: June 30, 2017, 06:50:30 pm »

Phil Neville told MUTV

😂 🤣 😭

Likewise if you look at all the wins last year due to Ibrahimovic goals, and convert those into draws or defeats, they would be challenging for relegation.

My question to Phil would be who would be scoring all the goals to not only match IbraŽs numbers but to also turn 9 draws into wins? I mean that is a lot of goals to magic up from nowhere.