Author Topic: Super League Thread  (Read 20082 times)

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Super League 2014
« Reply #80 on: October 15, 2014, 11:30:02 am »
A 6 month ban then. That only equates to 11 games.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #81 on: October 15, 2014, 04:26:54 pm »
He deserves to be prosecuted quite frankly and it'll be a disgrace if he isn't.  What he did wasn't something that is synonymous with Rugby. It was something that goes way beyond that. The first punch is bad enough but you can see why he did it - he was hit with an elbow and emotions and adrenaline would have been running incredibly high. But to then punch a defenceless man full on in the face is sickening. Let me repeat: Hohaia was defenceless. He was in no position to stop Flower. Hohaia is lucky, he genuinely could have been seriously injured or worse with what Flower did.

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #82 on: October 15, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »
It was an abominable act, and the punishment was not appropriate in the slightest. However, at least it was a straightforward issue. I refer you all to the infamous John Hapoate, and his charge of unlawful sexual connection during a game.  :o

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #83 on: October 15, 2014, 06:38:38 pm »
It was an abominable act, and the punishment was not appropriate in the slightest. However, at least it was a straightforward issue. I refer you all to the infamous John Hapoate, and his charge of unlawful sexual connection during a game.  :o
He was just arsing around... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Stevie-A

• Castration Obsessed Latin Grammar Pedant
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Bronte ten bob eyes boxing club.
« Reply #84 on: October 15, 2014, 06:49:05 pm »
He was just arsing around... ;D
With three opposition players, no less! I still giggle at his excuse, that he was simply giving them 'a wedgie'.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #85 on: October 15, 2014, 10:08:46 pm »
He deserves to be prosecuted quite frankly and it'll be a disgrace if he isn't.  What he did wasn't something that is synonymous with Rugby. It was something that goes way beyond that. The first punch is bad enough but you can see why he did it - he was hit with an elbow and emotions and adrenaline would have been running incredibly high. But to then punch a defenceless man full on in the face is sickening. Let me repeat: Hohaia was defenceless. He was in no position to stop Flower. Hohaia is lucky, he genuinely could have been seriously injured or worse with what Flower did.
Personally feel it has been dealt with very well by all, the RFL, St Helens, Wigan, Flower and Hohaia. A criminal prosecution would fail for a number of reasons. He was attacked first, there is very little precedent and Hohaia does not wish to take it further and this is key. If Hohaia and St Helens can be so eloquent and dignified about it why can't others?
JFT97

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #86 on: October 15, 2014, 10:50:11 pm »
Personally feel it has been dealt with very well by all, the RFL, St Helens, Wigan, Flower and Hohaia. A criminal prosecution would fail for a number of reasons. He was attacked first, there is very little precedent and Hohaia does not wish to take it further and this is key. If Hohaia and St Helens can be so eloquent and dignified about it why can't others?

You are missing the point. It doesn't matter to some extent if Hohaia and St Helens are dignified about it. That doesn't excuse what he did, that just shows that Hoahaia and St Helens both are accepting of what happened and are prepared to move on and be a better person and club respectively. In saying that, it doesn't mean that because they are being dignified that he shouldn't be prosecuted. My Nan's house was burgled a couple of years ago and it turned out the guy was a drug addict who stole some bits to feed his addiction. After about 6 months he had been in rehab and wrote my Nan a letter apologising and explained his circumstances etc. She didn't hold no grudges, she understood why he did it and wished him well. That didn't mean he was immune to prosecution though.

Hohaia was 'attacked' first, that is true. But there is no denying that Flower went too far. His second punch was beyond the pale. I'm not sure of the legal regulations but I think it's something to do with excessive force, you cannot injure your attacker if they are retreating or can no longer defend themselves. Hoahaia certainly couldn't do that.

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #87 on: October 15, 2014, 10:56:41 pm »
You are missing the point. It doesn't matter to some extent if Hohaia and St Helens are dignified about it. That doesn't excuse what he did, that just shows that Hoahaia and St Helens both are accepting of what happened and are prepared to move on and be a better person and club respectively. In saying that, it doesn't mean that because they are being dignified that he shouldn't be prosecuted. My Nan's house was burgled a couple of years ago and it turned out the guy was a drug addict who stole some bits to feed his addiction. After about 6 months he had been in rehab and wrote my Nan a letter apologising and explained his circumstances etc. She didn't hold no grudges, she understood why he did it and wished him well. That didn't mean he was immune to prosecution though.

Hohaia was 'attacked' first, that is true. But there is no denying that Flower went too far. His second punch was beyond the pale. I'm not sure of the legal regulations but I think it's something to do with excessive force, you cannot injure your attacker if they are retreating or can no longer defend themselves. Hoahaia certainly couldn't do that.

I'm not missing the point at all and comparison with a burglary is massively irrelevant (hope your Nan was ok). There is a clear difference between what Flower did (massively wrong by the way) and what the druggy did to your Nan. So much happens on the sporting field that wouldn't be acceptable in the street. The police didn't get involved when Suarez bit someone or when Shearer booted Lennon in the head and I just don't think it is a police matter. Everyone involved has dealt with it quickly and said the right thing in my opinion.
JFT97

Offline Fiasco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #88 on: October 15, 2014, 10:58:16 pm »
Thanks mate, she was away on holiday so it was a bit of a shock when she got back. It's not relevant in terms of action but in terms of 'moving on' etc it's similar. But anyway I see your view and I do believe Flower isn't a monster like some will say. He's probably a good guy deep down but I just can't believe a ban is all he'll get. We'll agree to disagree :)

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #89 on: October 15, 2014, 11:06:47 pm »
Thanks mate, she was away on holiday so it was a bit of a shock when she got back. It's not relevant in terms of action but in terms of 'moving on' etc it's similar. But anyway I see your view and I do believe Flower isn't a monster like some will say. He's probably a good guy deep down but I just can't believe a ban is all he'll get. We'll agree to disagree :)
I'm biased as my Dad has met him a few times and says he is one of the nicest blokes he's ever met. One of the quieter members of the Wigan squad and a real gent. What he did with the second punch was appalling, that is absolutely clear. Hopefully it will all die down now and we can get back to looking forward to the 4 nations.
JFT97

Offline Wayne05

• Main Stander
« Reply #90 on: October 16, 2014, 09:23:33 am »
Not many seem to have mentioned the role Flower's gorilla of a coach might have played in all this ??

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/sport/rugbyleague/article4236218.ece

I know this clip does not represent what was said before the GF itself , but apparently this is a typical pre match Wane speech . This and the fact he was talking all week leading up to the game about ' hatred ' and ' doing whatever was necessary ' to win ?

Offline Dam

• Legacy Fan
  • Rush scored 1, Rush scored 2,...
« Reply #91 on: October 16, 2014, 02:42:21 pm »
With Hohaia also being charged, and receiving a ban for his part in this, are the Rugby Football League Panel suggesting the referee made a mistake in not sending Hohaia off the field as well?

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: October 16, 2014, 04:28:06 pm »
With Hohaia also being charged, and receiving a ban for his part in this, are the Rugby Football League Panel suggesting the referee made a mistake in not sending Hohaia off the field as well?

Don't think his was a red card offence personally, I think an 11 game ban is probably about right too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2014, 01:49:24 pm »
FOUR NATIONS began earlier today.

Just watching the highlights on BBC One. England were in a tough game against Samoa.

England 32-26 Samoa

New Zealand beat Australia 30-12 

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2014, 01:55:02 pm »
FOUR NATIONS began earlier today.

Just watching the highlights on BBC One. England were in a tough game against Samoa.

England 32-26 Samoa

New Zealand beat Australia 30-12
I forgot this was on...idiot that I am!!

Sounds like two decent games as well.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2014, 02:12:40 pm »
Watch it on I Player, Dave.  :D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2014, 02:29:06 pm »
Watch it on I Player, Dave.  :D
Soon as our games done. :wave

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: October 28, 2014, 11:34:52 pm »
We're unchanged for the Australia game at the weekend.

We'll fuck up somehow and lose by 8 points I bet this time.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #98 on: October 29, 2014, 08:57:48 am »
We're unchanged for the Australia game at the weekend.

We'll fuck up somehow and lose by 8 points I bet this time.

A win knocks the Aussies out - what are our chances?

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: October 29, 2014, 09:01:20 am »
Non-existent.  8)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #100 on: October 29, 2014, 09:03:55 am »
Non-existent.  8)

You don't even like this sport do you? Get out!

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: October 29, 2014, 09:09:25 am »
You don't even like this sport do you? Get out!
Its alright. Origin and Internationals I like. I have no idea about our chances though, I just wanted to shut you down.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #102 on: October 29, 2014, 09:25:29 am »
Its alright. Origin and Internationals I like. I have no idea about our chances though, I just wanted to shut you down.

Billy Slater isn't playing so I can watch without getting too annoyed anyway!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: October 29, 2014, 12:46:54 pm »

Yeah we win and the Aussies are out so that mean's we're fucked.  :D

I can see it being close-ish and the Aussies have some big players out...we'll lose a close match.  ;D

It seems we have this mental block against the Aussies in Rugby league.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: November 1, 2014, 04:53:45 pm »
New Zealand in the final they beat Samoa 14-12.  :o Samoa really bringing it this tournament.

England v Australia in the early hours of tomorrow.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #105 on: November 2, 2014, 08:38:02 am »
Anyone watch this? Aussies won 16-12. England had a last minute try ruled out by the video ref. A close, painful defeat as predicted by Samie!

Have to beat NZ by 10 to be sure of a place in the final which seems a tough ask.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: November 2, 2014, 08:41:51 am »
Anyone watch this? Aussies won 16-12. England had a last minute try ruled out by the video ref. A close, painful defeat as predicted by Samie!

Have to beat NZ by 10 to be sure of a place in the final which seems a tough ask.
Yeah I may have seen it. I'd have given that a try at the end too.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #107 on: November 2, 2014, 08:58:33 am »
Yeah I may have seen it. I'd have given that a try at the end too.

Ah well that makes me feel better! Definitely feels like a mental block as wise old Samie also said.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: November 2, 2014, 01:16:41 pm »
PIS OFF U MOTHER FUCKIN' AUSSIES THAT WAS A TRY.  :wanker

Also I knew we'd fuck up somehow even though it was close. Play them 100 times they'll win 99 of those and we'll get a draw or a win. Once a blue moon.

I can see us beating New Zealand but not by 10. 

Highlights on BBC 2 at 5 by the way.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #109 on: November 2, 2014, 01:21:57 pm »
Yeah recorded it and watched it this morning. Glad I cracked and found out the score in advance actually!

Why was there an Aussie ref by the way? I accept the last call was very tight but surely better to have neutral officials to save any sour grapes posts like this? :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: November 2, 2014, 01:25:28 pm »
Because the RFL pulled their pants down and got fucked. They agreed with the ARL to let the best man get the job instead  of neutral referee's. 

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: November 5, 2014, 02:17:17 pm »
We're unchanged for the New Zealand game. We can win but it won't be by 10 points.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #112 on: November 5, 2014, 02:19:28 pm »
We're unchanged for the New Zealand game. We can win but it won't be by 10 points.

What happens if we win by under 10? NZ will be above us on points difference? So we'd only qualify if Australia then somehow only beat Samoa by a very narrow margin (4 or 5 less than we beat them by if that's even possible)?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: November 5, 2014, 02:24:10 pm »
The FOR and AGAINST columns look like this so far  after two games.

New Zealand 44/24
England 44/42
Australia 28/42
Samoa 38/46

Offline SuperStevieNicol

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #114 on: November 5, 2014, 10:36:05 pm »
The Warriors swap young Jack Hughes for Larne Patrick for next season. Good move, Hughes has talent and ability and will hopefully get more game time and I've always rated Patrick. He'll give us extra beef and mobility in the props especially with Flower banned and rumours of Taylor heading back to Hull.
JFT97

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #115 on: November 8, 2014, 09:03:12 am »
NZ 16-14 England. Great game, three tries each and really end to end. England almost certainly out though unless Samoa beat Australia tomorrow.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: November 15, 2014, 01:20:59 pm »
New Zealand win the Four Nations and rightly so.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: November 15, 2014, 01:38:07 pm »
The last Australian try had two laughably forward passes.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: November 15, 2014, 04:02:16 pm »
The last Australian try had two laughably forward passes.

Yeah it looked dogy but they slot so who gives a fuck?  :D

Next years 3 match test series against New Zealand will be a great test on how good this England squad really is.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #119 on: November 15, 2014, 07:42:40 pm »
Great stuff! Well done NZ.