Author Topic: Home Information Packs (01 Jun 07)  (Read 12896 times)

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
Home Information Packs (01 Jun 07)
« on: February 28, 2007, 08:20:21 pm »
Thinking of selling your home? This 'Home Information Pack' comes into place in only a few months. I'd completely forgotton about it, so just in case, thought I'd pop up a reminder. Everything you've ever done to your house needs documenting etc. Think I'll keep my head in the sand for a while...

apparently, if you put your house on the market before June 01 you won't need to do one.

Offline Something Else

• that car's fine lookin' man (clearly insured with confused.com)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
  • Super Title: something else required
Re: Home Information Packs (01 Jun 07)
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 08:34:57 pm »
labour :lmao

Offline Ferg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2007, 08:35:27 pm »
I better keep mine off the market for a bit then.......
Who wouldn't want to kick someone called Ferguson?
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
A big heart has space for everyone.

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 02:04:07 pm »
A friend of mine is selling his pad, lovely place it is. Anyway, she is after getting one of these and asked if i knew any decent providers for the south of Liverpool.

I have therefore passed the buck onto the good of RAWK. Any advice would be great.

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:11:51 pm »
One of the business that I run is a HIP provider, we do them at cost price. Alot of estate agents will add on something to the price.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 02:29:15 pm »
What exactly is a home information pack? I get by it's title what it is, but why do we need then? what information do they hold? and what are the benefits of having them?
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Online Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 02:57:20 pm »
They are a legal requirement if you're going to be marketing your property now. (Not if its a private sale with no agent involved)

They hold an EPC (energy performance certificate) similar to the one you would get on a fridge/ washing machine/ light bulb.

They are a complete waste of time, the idea was initially that the vendor had to get a survey done on the property and this was to be included in the HIP. this part of the HIP was scrapped, so now all it holds are some searches, drainage/land reg, and the EPC.

A complete waste of time and money. But its a the law !
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 02:59:44 pm »
They are a legal requirement if you're going to be marketing your property now. (Not if its a private sale with no agent involved)

They hold an EPC (energy performance certificate) similar to the one you would get on a fridge/ washing machine/ light bulb.

They are a complete waste of time, the idea was initially that the vendor had to get a survey done on the property and this was to be included in the HIP. this part of the HIP was scrapped, so now all it holds are some searches, drainage/land reg, and the EPC.

A complete waste of time and money. But its a the law !

yep. im a chartered surveyor and in theory they were a good idea(with the survey). waste of time now, and no doubt when the tories get in they will be scrapped.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2010, 03:02:36 pm by itsgunnabebarnes! »
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 03:01:17 pm »
Sounds like a crap C.V for your house.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 03:03:28 pm »
Sounds like a crap C.V for your house.

its ment to speed up the house buying process by having everything in one place.
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Something Else

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bazinga
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 07:02:39 pm »
So i should advise the girl just to get a basic cheap one then

Seems completely pointless to me

Another thing the government makes a legal requirement but is unwilling to regulate it properly.