Author Topic: Joining MP3 and MP4 files  (Read 606 times)

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
Joining MP3 and MP4 files
« on: October 17, 2022, 05:23:02 pm »
I have an MP4 file and an MP3 file.

Is it possible to join them into one file that can be looped showing both the animation and music?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Joining MP3 and MP4 files
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2022, 09:11:39 pm »
Yeah, get something like PowerDirector (a trial version will give you what you need). 

Load up the mp4 file, add the mp3 file as a separate audio track.

You can edit the size of either, or speed up/slow down the track to match lengthwise and the produce it.

Really simple - even I have done a few.
All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 11:52:33 pm »
I've done this with pro software, but you can get Shotcut for free - your MP4 will consist of the frames and the audio profile in separate tracks. Once that's loaded, you can drop in the MP3 as an alternative audio track, either adding to or replacing the MP4's audio (up to you and you can easily mute tracks to see how either sounds).

As already mentioned, there are usually tools that will help you move or stretch the audio to better fit the timeline (you can't stretch it too much or it'll start sounding really weird).

When it comes to being looped, you just need a player that can do that - VLC has a repeat function.

----------------------

Alternatively, you can probably make a Powerpoint presentation that will do this - these days it has some pretty powerful tools for multimedia.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2022, 09:15:44 am »
Thanks for the suggestions, chaps
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"