Author Topic: ANNE - 4pt drama 2nd-5th Jan 2022 ITV // UNFINISHED BUSINESS Documentary 6th Jan  (Read 17105 times)

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
That was a really difficult watch and I mean that as a compliment to the writing and acting. The first 30 or so minutes were completely heartbreaking, I was crying through lots of it.

We know what you mean. I think I cried twice which is something I don’t do.
#JFT97

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
Very hard watch for those of us who followed the events on the day via the TV/Radio so no idea how the families and the survivors felt.

Offline hoppyLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @OTKFlags
Brilliant acting, very emotional and hard to watch, the whitewash has begun  :no
@OTKFlags

Supporter, not a customer!

JFT97

SOS member 11059

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The part we’re the guy gave them petrol after they had run out reminded me of the generosity of the locals coming out and offering there phones so we could phone our loved ones

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
The part we’re the guy gave them petrol after they had run out reminded me of the generosity of the locals coming out and offering thier phones so we could phone our loved ones

Yes, I remember that, people quietly queuing outside the houses of people to use their phone on that main road there. I wasn't just the odd house either, it was most of them.

Got a feeling the phone lines went down, I just went straight back to the coach and Evesway were sending them back as soon as they were full enough to get us back asap rather than worrying about whether you were on the correct one. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
Where you all watching, Irish TV has it on the 5th?
Y.N.W.A.

Offline MUFC1975

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
As a United fan even I find this a tough watch,  we have our differences as fans but this is one thing that we should all be United on (pardon the pun). I had heard that the journalists were even more scumbags than usual, but that was particularly disgusting, and The Sun 🤬🤬🤬🤬 I never bought that rag anyway and anyone who does us zero intelligence. Well done for fighting for as long as it took to get justice. YNWA.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
As a United fan even I find this a tough watch,  we have our differences as fans but this is one thing that we should all be United on (pardon the pun). I had heard that the journalists were even more scumbags than usual, but that was particularly disgusting, and The S*n 🤬🤬🤬🤬 I never bought that rag anyway and anyone who does us zero intelligence. Well done for fighting for as long as it took to get justice. YNWA.
Welcome to the forum fella  :)
Hopefully it'll open a few more eyes, with fans of other clubs, as to what actually went on.

I've corrected your spelling of the shitty rag  :wave
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline MUFC1975

• Boys Pen
Welcome to the forum fella  :)
Hopefully it'll open a few more eyes, with fans of other clubs, as to what actually went on.

I've corrected your spelling of the shitty rag  :wave

And yet not one person has seen any jail time, I am a parent myself and I could not possibly imagine the grief suffered by the families of the 96. I say again……well done for the continued fight.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
97 now MU mate. Please continue to watch and encourage others.
Welcome to RAWK.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
Where you all watching, Irish TV has it on the 5th?
It’s on ITV, try the ITV hub or Britbox perhaps? (Although not sure they’re available in Ireland)

Edit: just looked at the ITV Hub and all 4 episodes are on there for those of you looking to avoid the adverts. Although I found the ad breaks for once provided a much needed break
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 12:00:20 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
Posted this on my Facebook and thought I'd put it in here. I felt a bit of a fraud going to the inquest if I'm honest but it was a huge honour.

I've just watched the first 2 episodes of Anne, on ITV Hub and I'm in bits. It reminded me of the honour and privilege I had in meeting Anne Williams briefly along with my good friend Harinder Singh on what seemed at the time a momentous and happy day at the inquest at the Royal Courts of Justice in London in 2012, when I took the photo below.

I've drifted away from the LFC forums and matches over the years and therefore sadly lost touch with many great friends, including several survivors and many who have worked tirelessly over decades to get the real truth out there. But I have always had, and will always have the deepest awe and respect for the relatives of those who died on that awful and fully preventable day, and for those who never, ever stopped seeking justice. They are the very, very best of people.

At a time of year when there's the usual bickering over who did or didn't get MBEs or OBEs, I'm reminded that the true heroes and heroines of this world are actually people like Anne Williams. Her fight for the truth about what happened to her son Kevin and her fight for justice against all the odds was simply unstoppable and she never, ever gave up in her search for the truth. The strength she had was truly inspiring and hers is a story that needed to be told.

The Hillsborough story is one of incredible tragedy but also one of outrageous lies and cover ups. It is an appalling stain on this country's history and so its a very good thing that Kevin Sampson wrote this and that its being aired on national television. Sadly real justice will not now be done but at least Anne was able to live to hear that the lies were proven, unequivocally, to be just that.

Anne is a must watch on ITV and Maxine Peake's performance is stunning. It's not a fun or happy watch, but it's gripping, gritty, heartbreaking and just so important. Please do watch it.

RIP Anne, you were the true Iron Lady.

https://www.itv.com/hub/anne/2a5505a0001
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 03:43:22 am by The 5th Benitle »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Yes, I remember that, people quietly queuing outside the houses of people to use their phone on that main road there. I wasn't just the odd house either, it was most of them.

Got a feeling the phone lines went down, I just went straight back to the coach and Evesway were sending them back as soon as they were full enough to get us back asap rather than worrying about whether you were on the correct one. 

Yes the ordinary people of Sheffield were magnificent that day. I will always remember a pensioner opening her door and allowing anyone to phone home and tell their loved ones they were safe.

Compare that to the sock puppets who gave evidence to the two Taylor inquiries and the two Coroners inquests. The sock puppets often relatives of senior   South Yorkshire Police officers attempted to portray Liverpool fans as a lawless tanked up mob.

Amazing how the first person to phone the Hillsborough evidence phone line was the daughter of a senior SYP officer who to this day besmirches the good name of Liverpool fans. Incredible how senior officers who retired rather than face disciplinary action still peddle disgusting lies about fan behaviour. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Posted this on my Facebook and thought I'd put it in here. I felt a bit of a fraud going to the inquest if I'm honest but it was a huge honour.

I've just watched the first 2 episodes of Anne, on ITV Hub and I'm in bits. It reminded me of the honour and privilege I had in meeting Anne Williams briefly along with my good friend Harinder Singh on what seemed at the time a momentous and happy day at the inquest at the Royal Courts of Justice in London in 2012, when I took the photo below.

I've drifted away from the LFC forums and matches over the years and therefore sadly lost touch with many great friends, including several survivors and many who have worked tirelessly over decades to get the real truth out there. But I have always had, and will always have the deepest awe and respect for the relatives of those who died on that awful and fully preventable day, and for those who never, ever stopped seeking justice. They are the very, very best of people.

At a time of year when there's the usual bickering over who did or didn't get MBEs or OBEs, I'm reminded that the true heroes and heroines of this world are actually people like Anne Williams. Her fight for the truth about what happened to her son Kevin and her fight for justice against all the odds was simply unstoppable and she never, ever gave up in her search for the truth. The strength she had was truly inspiring and hers is a story that needed to be told.

The Hillsborough story is one of incredible tragedy but also one of outrageous lies and cover ups. It is an appalling stain on this country's history and so its a very good thing that Kevin Samson wrote this and that its being aired on national television. Sadly real justice will not now be done but at least Anne was able to live to hear that the lies were proven, unequivocally, to be just that.

Anne is a must watch on ITV and Maxine Peake's performance is stunning. It's not a fun or happy watch, but it's gripping, gritty, heartbreaking and just so important. Please do watch it.

A truly incredible woman, who manged to fight with incredible ferocity combined with absolute dignity.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As pointed out by Bob_K on Facebook you can watch all episodes without ads On ITV player now; signed up for 7 day premium free trial to watch all episodes back to back & advert free.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
It’s on ITV, try the ITV hub or Britbox perhaps? (Although not sure they’re available in Ireland)

Edit: just looked at the ITV Hub and all 4 episodes are on there for those of you looking to avoid the adverts. Although I found the ad breaks for once provided a much needed break

Sound thanks.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

On the ITV hub via Sky > on demand only 1 episode is showing, how can we access 4 via Sky?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Nice post 5th Benitle, and nice to see you back on here. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline kopite77

• Legacy Fan
  • In Jurgen we trust!
On the ITV hub via Sky > on demand only 1 episode is showing, how can we access 4 via Sky?

You can’t get that access via Sky John, the Sky version of the ITV hub is only a very barebones version, to get the proper ITV hub you can download it through your smart tv or Fire TV stick.

I watched the first episode of Anne last night, it brought it all flooding back especially when I saw that clip of Paul Middup from SYP saying they were totally blameless, this being in time before mobile phones or social media meant as soon as he said that, it had already gone around the world before the fans could defend themselves and their mates and in the eyes of the gutter press it was simply a case scousers moaning and blaming everyone else again, all this despite the Taylor report totally exonerating the fans of blame!

JFT97 YNWA.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 08:22:37 pm by kopite77 »
HARRY HARRIS, MARK LAWRENSON, JOSE MOURIHNO,PETER KENYON, ROMAN ABRAMOVICH, ALAN HANSEN, YOU GUY'S TOOK ONE HELL OF A BEATING

AND Mr KENWRIGHT YOU CAN STICK YOUR FUCKING GROUNDSHARE UP YOUR ARSE!

Hicks and Gillett, Game Over, thanks for Fuck All Fuckfaces, Internet Terrorist and Proud!

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Yes the ordinary people of Sheffield were magnificent that day. I will always remember a pensioner opening her door and allowing anyone to phone home and tell their loved ones they were safe.

Compare that to the sock puppets who gave evidence to the two Taylor inquiries and the two Coroners inquests. The sock puppets often relatives of senior   South Yorkshire Police officers attempted to portray Liverpool fans as a lawless tanked up mob.

Amazing how the first person to phone the Hillsborough evidence phone line was the daughter of a senior SYP officer who to this day besmirches the good name of Liverpool fans. Incredible how senior officers who retired rather than face disciplinary action still peddle disgusting lies about fan behaviour. 
This is what makes it such a hard watch, and I haven't managed it yet. Anne gave up so much and because of her, the other families and the survivors, we eventually had the truth acknowledged by officialdom. But we have not had justice. It seems that we never will have justice. Duckenfield remains on his golf course while one by one we lose the truly good and great.

Offline Elliemental

• Kopite
  • You Love Us
As a United fan even I find this a tough watch,  we have our differences as fans but this is one thing that we should all be United on (pardon the pun). I had heard that the journalists were even more scumbags than usual, but that was particularly disgusting, and The Sun 🤬🤬🤬🤬 I never bought that rag anyway and anyone who does us zero intelligence. Well done for fighting for as long as it took to get justice. YNWA.

Welcome and thank you for taking time to register and comment, it means a lot. You're right, it's a very tough watch. I was a tad too young in 1989 to really fully comprehend what happened and my parents tried to shelter me from it. Docs and dramas like this really bring it home, though.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For anyone that needs support twitter account - Hillsborough Survivors Support Alliance @HillsboroughSu1

https://twitter.com/hillsboroughsu1

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
when I saw that clip of Paul Middup from SWP saying they were totally blameless,
JFT97 YNWA.
Thanks mate, will check it out.
You're right about seeing Middip. What a lying nauseating individual.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
I thought it was a difficult watch but a necessary one. Excellent writing from Kev Sampson and I thought Maxine Peake did a good job. It’s a heartbreaking story, what a woman Anne Williams was.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 04:17:02 pm by SvenJohansen »
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline xRedmanLFCx

• Legacy Fan
  • Of the glory, round the fields, of Anfield Road!
I always said we had the best two teams on Merseyside… Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves.

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
We know what you mean. I think I cried twice which is something I don’t do.

Just finished episode one. Found it difficult and cried several times myself. Your profile picture is appropriate. The flowers, scarves, shirts and umbrellas layed out in front of the kop, decked out in colours of all club's still get me to this day. I was 8 at the time and I knew something was wrong with the way it was reported right there and then thanks to several people who are my elders. What I didn't understand until my early teens was the corruption and the sheer scale of it.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 07:00:03 pm by cormorant »
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It was a really eerie watch for me, seeing places in Formby that I grew up around, seeing my old school and seeing the tribute that we put together for Kev was really weird. Those opening scenes with Kev arguing with his mum and dad were a proper jolt for me.
Watching ep 2 tonight live as I can’t imagine binging it like I normally would. I can only deal with an hour at a time, but that’s no reflection on the programme. Brilliantly written by Sampson and an incredible performance from Maxine Peake as ever.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
Stunning acting brilliant script , plenty of tears shed and seeing some faces created the anger that will always be in me, my young daughter watched it with me.
 She was too young to understand it at the time or too fully appreciate just how hard these decades have been fighting for justice, but after the first one she now understands !  I only hope many more will now understand as well:
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Cafe De Paris

• Kopite
  • Up the Red Men
I hope as many non football fans watch this. I’m afraid I can’t. There is just too much anger in me and in the way they were treated and continue to do so for me. But it is a story that has to be told for this amazing lady and the heartbreaking consequences surrounding their lives. YNWA.
LFC a bastion of invincibility.

Offline calvin

• Anny Roader
Just watched it all. In bits. Remember watching it live on Irish TV all those years ago. What an amazing woman.
RIP Anne. JFT97.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Difficult watch, just finished the last three episodes now. Had to go on a late night walk for some air.

Harrowing. Anne’s strength and determination is an inspiration.

Maxine Peake’s portrayal of Anne is really exceptional and I thought the scriptwriting was well done.

Urge all to watch and get others, including non-football fans, to give it a watch. Really important. Just to note after the first episode it isn’t quite as difficult/emotional so if you’ve watched one episode and stopped, maybe give it a go again in a few days.

JFT97.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2022, 11:29:27 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

The Hillsborough story is one of incredible tragedy but also one of outrageous lies and cover ups. It is an appalling stain on this country's history and so its a very good thing that Kevin Sampson wrote this and that its being aired on national television. Sadly real justice will not now be done but at least Anne was able to live to hear that the lies were proven, unequivocally, to be just that.

Cheers for that James. I remember seeing you on that day too and also had the pleasure of very briefly meeting Anne. I was lost for words.

Lovely post.

Offline oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Watched first 2 episodes. Disappointment after disappointment. tremendous strain on the family yet Anne and many others refused to give up.
Phil Scraton put it well in a debate one night, they did this out of love, yes it was about getting truth and justice but it was also love for their loved ones that drove them on.
« Last Edit: January 4, 2022, 12:08:34 am by oldfordie »
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
Have watched the 1st episode. Absolutely heartbreaking.....I cracked at the scene with the pictures of the fans on the wall.

I'm not from Liverpool and I was only 9 when the tragedy happened. I can't imagine what the families have been through and continue to fight for.

God bless them all. YNWA JFT97
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Interesting that this is going out this week opposite Four Lives on BBC1, another true story of institutional police incompetence and corruption. Although this took place 30 years after Hillsborougjh. Unsurprisingly, nothing changes in the establishment for ordinary people.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Does anyone have a link for a way to watch this outside of the UK? I tried the ymovies link but it didn't work for me for some reason. Thanks.

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
Does anyone have a link for a way to watch this outside of the UK? I tried the ymovies link but it didn't work for me for some reason. Thanks.

Try these, mate:-

Episode 1: https://streamtape.com/v/gvyAG012RGTq1BD
Episode 2: https://scloud.online/v/dZW0MWYQaPHkrxJ
Episode 3: https://scloud.online/v/VmP2jzbbK1tK24X
Episode 4: https://scloud.online/v/8dx3MG7QRRHovZ3
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
Two episodes in and it's been excellent and has done justice to the battle and emotions we've all felt.  Peake is outstanding, that first episode was a really tough watch.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.