Author Topic: The People's Club (I was saying Boo-urns)  (Read 2187119 times)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rafa's got the Blues *
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2021, 01:43:22 pm »

Shocking that none of the other staples of these topics have turned up, anyone got the EL depression gif handy?

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2021, 02:21:51 pm »
Why've they listed a replica Jules Rimet trophy...??? :lmao :lmao

Proudly standing in between a TV showing footage of Liverpool losing finals and a framed photo of Lukaku with the 2020/21 Serie A title.

Offline Gitsy606

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2021, 02:36:32 pm »
Is Rafa after getting stung here ? Brought in to try work miracles on a shoe string

I've no doubt he'll do it but they've wasted 500m+ in 5 seasons and then his first couple of signings have been bargain basement with little or no links to anybody decent.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2021, 02:38:36 pm by Gitsy606 »

Online Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2021, 03:28:01 pm »
Shocking that none of the other staples of these topics have turned up, anyone got the EL depression gif handy?

Got it bookmarked, mate. ;D

I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2021, 03:33:33 pm »
Is Rafa after getting stung here ? Brought in to try work miracles on a shoe string

I've no doubt he'll do it but they've wasted 500m+ in 5 seasons and then his first couple of signings have been bargain basement with little or no links to anybody decent.
It does seem a bit mad that they've not been linked with another forward.  They heavily rely on Calvert-Lewin and Richarlison but both had poor second halves to last season.  Maybe they're thinking Moise Kean will happily slot in at Everton after having his loan to PSG turned down.  Or that Tosun will finally come good.

You'd think Benitez would want at least the £50m they gave Allardyce as a bare minimum.  I don't think he's got another Torres or Alonso in him but it wouldn't take much to improve on some of the rubbish they've signed in the last few years.  N'Gog retired a few years ago, unfortunately.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2021, 07:44:43 pm »
There's a Man City thread on GOT - those that are being critical of City are being accused of being Liverpool fans.

Very happy to be subservient to the moral vacuum of Man City while accusing Liverpool of being the Devil's Club at the slightest sign of rectitudinal imperfection.

I thought they hated the clubs who joined the Super League.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2021, 08:12:06 pm »
Proudly standing in between a TV showing footage of Liverpool losing finals and a framed photo of Lukaku with the 2020/21 Serie A title.

I wrote that post even before noticing the water skiing woman trophy. That’s one depressing trophy cabinet.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2021, 11:35:17 pm »
Catterick was an aloof, miserable sod whilst Shankly was warm and charismatic. As well as forward thinking. Honours were roughly equal in the 60s but whilst we signed the likes of Keegan and Clemence they sold their best player in Alan Ball in 1970? - pretty much the start of their terminal decline, interrupted by Kendall's, albeit brief, spell of excellenc.

But Catterick had played for Everton so he fitted like a glove.

I did not realise that both Catterick and Paisley were both born in County Durham in the same year, 1919
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #208 on: July 28, 2021, 12:52:00 am »
New stadium update

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2198905

I mean, they still need to raise £500m from somehwere, but they appear to be starting something.

Firstly, I would like to thank you for your support over the past few years. While it has not been an easy or quick process to secure planning permission, we simply would not have reached this momentous point without the backing of Evertonians and the support of the people of our city region.

The bolded bit mean local Reds.

Something Blues would be hard pressed to accept as a reality. As we're jealous of their new stadium, don'tcha know.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #209 on: July 28, 2021, 05:57:04 am »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #210 on: July 28, 2021, 09:06:00 am »
Good to see that area if Liverpool wing developed.

But also hilarious that they haven’t yet hit funding for it and they’re essentially just filling in a hole in the ground.

Win win…. It’s either good for the city or we can laugh at them again.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 28, 2021, 09:12:19 am »

But also hilarious that they haven’t yet hit funding for it and they’re essentially just filling in a hole in the ground.

It’s been years. They still haven’t secured funding?
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 28, 2021, 09:14:20 am »
It’s been years. They still haven’t secured funding?
And that’s why it’s funny!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #213 on: July 28, 2021, 09:17:09 am »

At least they seem to have reigned their crazy spending in on the squad, presumably with an eye on the stadium. A bit of sense in recruiting a manager who can work well without needing to spend big. The fans might be forgiving of less spending if they're seeing steel go up on the new stadium.

I think they've got the funding for the start of it (Moshiri himself committing funds, no doubt another loan). The concern is they fill in the dock (which has seen Unesco dump the city) and then run out of money.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 28, 2021, 09:18:32 am »
At least they seem to have reigned their crazy spending in on the squad. A bit of sense in recruiting a manager who can work well without needing to spend big. The fans might be forgiving of less spending if they're seeing steel go up on the new stadium.

I think they've got the funding for the start of it (Moshiri himself committing funds, no doubt another loan). The risk is they fill in the dock (which has seen Unesco dump the city) and then run out of money.
Which would be hilarious!

Still, development there would be good for the city….a shame they can’t stay in their home though.  I think they will miss it when they’re gone
W

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #215 on: July 28, 2021, 09:53:10 am »
I thought they hated the clubs who joined the Super League.

The mitigating factor for City is, because of their unearned wealth, they didn't really need to join the ESL. They're similar to those Edwardian gentlemen with an inherited allowance who played cricket with the working class 'player'.

Everton, of course, see themselves as one of the original gentlemanly and chivalrous Corinthians.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #216 on: July 28, 2021, 10:07:14 am »
Firstly, I would like to thank you for your support over the past few years. While it has not been an easy or quick process to secure planning permission, we simply would not have reached this momentous point without the backing of Evertonians and the support of the people of our city region.

The bolded bit mean local Reds.

Something Blues would be hard pressed to accept as a reality. As we're jealous of their new stadium, don'tcha know.
They conveniently forget this, but their own survey showed that half of the people in the city support Liverpool, a quarter support Everton and the other quarter aren't arsed with football and have no allegiance. This clearly means that much of the support for the Boo Camp has come from Reds and also local people with allegiance to neither club.

Facts are, pisstaking aside, most Reds in the city just want them to sort their funding out, and so long as they pay for the thing themselves, get the damn thing built and move on. Sadly, because of their tragically petty and childlike collective mindset, they'd rather just believe we are jealous and have not helped support their stadium plans in any way, shape or form. Facts are, without the support of Reds and neutrals in the city, their plans don't get the easy ride they have got throughout.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: July 28, 2021, 11:38:48 am »
What? No Pickford gif?  :o

There. Now it's the Everton thread.

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: July 28, 2021, 11:51:49 am »
I like their new stadium, even if the access to/from seems like a weird set up.

I don’t get the thing from their side about “all the RS are jealous because of our iconic location”.

Jealous stuff I know fans always do as it’s all about one upmanship, who’s got the bigger x etc. But what stadium anywhere is famous because of its location? Stadiums are iconic because of the team playing there and the history, not because it’s plonked beside somewhere nice.

Craven Cottage is in London, on the Thames and the boat race goes past it every year. No one care about it though. Nou Camp is one the most iconic stadiums in the world but is about 30mins by train from Barcelona port

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 28, 2021, 11:54:45 am »
It’s bizarre isn’t it?

We only care because it’s funny every time it gets delayed, moved, cancelled etc…
W

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: July 28, 2021, 12:10:14 pm »
I like their new stadium, even if the access to/from seems like a weird set up.

I don’t get the thing from their side about “all the RS are jealous because of our iconic location”.

Jealous stuff I know fans always do as it’s all about one upmanship, who’s got the bigger x etc. But what stadium anywhere is famous because of its location? Stadiums are iconic because of the team playing there and the history, not because it’s plonked beside somewhere nice.

Craven Cottage is in London, on the Thames and the boat race goes past it every year. No one care about it though. Nou Camp is one the most iconic stadiums in the world but is about 30mins by train from Barcelona port
I remember blues in the 70s boasting that Goodison was the only ground to have standing and seating on all 4 sides. It's what they do, hence the obsession with BMD being bigger than Anfield.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Aurrera begiratzen ez duena, atzean dago.
« Reply #221 on: July 28, 2021, 12:20:37 pm »
We only care because it’s funny every time it gets delayed, moved, cancelled etc…
Don’t forget this…

My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 28, 2021, 12:35:51 pm »
What? No Pickford gif?  :o

There. Now it's the Everton thread.

It's a rich tapestry, you notice something different at every watch. For me it's the way t-rex arms gesticulates like a toddler on a sugar high, wildly appealing for anything to save him from a career-defining embarrassment, that makes it perfect.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #223 on: July 28, 2021, 12:59:56 pm »
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 28, 2021, 01:08:12 pm »
It's a rich tapestry, you notice something different at every watch. For me it's the way t-rex arms gesticulates like a toddler on a sugar high, wildly appealing for anything to save him from a career-defining embarrassment, that makes it perfect.

Would make an entertaining old school traffic officer standing at an intersection,or a jester.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: July 28, 2021, 01:23:29 pm »
Every time I see pics of the stadium I see this

I really hope they are getting a couple of lifeboats stationed in that dock

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Dalglish to Rush

• Main Stander
« Reply #226 on: July 28, 2021, 02:37:24 pm »

Still won’t fill that without the legendary half season tickets.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #227 on: July 28, 2021, 03:39:22 pm »
Fabian Delph is a c*nt, pass it on

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 28, 2021, 03:42:29 pm »
Fabian Delph is a c*nt, pass it on

Wow…..
W

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 28, 2021, 03:46:02 pm »
Ummm, that is true and actually him ?  If so, firstly, it's dangerous, secondly, how do they blame us for that ?

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #230 on: July 28, 2021, 03:47:24 pm »
Ummm, that is true and actually him ?  If so, firstly, it's dangerous, secondly, how do they blame us for that ?

Yep its actually him

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: July 28, 2021, 03:48:06 pm »
Yep its actually him

Wow, ironic seeing as his body lets him down on a weekly basis.

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #232 on: July 28, 2021, 03:50:54 pm »
Make some noise for the immune system.
AHA!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #233 on: July 28, 2021, 03:50:59 pm »
Post an NHS logo and thanks back in March 2020 as well the stupid c*nt

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 28, 2021, 03:53:54 pm »
The immune system was "designed" was it?

News to me.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #235 on: July 28, 2021, 04:06:01 pm »
Too many red blood cells in that, lid
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 28, 2021, 04:07:06 pm »
So basically he is saying the immune system will defend us from all forms of disease and virus? What an absolute halfwit he is.

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 28, 2021, 04:12:15 pm »
So basically he is saying the immune system will defend us from all forms of disease and virus? What an absolute halfwit he is.
You’re being far too generous.

He’s a lowlife piece of shit.
W

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 28, 2021, 04:17:25 pm »
What a likeable bunch of fellows we have across the park.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 28, 2021, 04:18:25 pm »
Probably picked it up from Lovren to be fair...