Author Topic: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)  (Read 51723 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: GBeebies (anything about Brillo's propaganda network in here)
« Reply #200 on: July 31, 2021, 11:33:31 am »
Imperial (adjective) - relating to an empire.

Says it all.

Roman not British though ;)

While the Imperial system only came into being in 1824, measurements such as the foot, mile, ounce, pint and pound were all Roman. The mile was actually 1,000 paces, about 1600 yards. Others like acre and yard are Anglo Saxon. The first idea of the Metric system came from an English Bishop John Wilkins.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Millie

• Athens Airport Queen. Dude, never mind my car, where's my hand sanitiser?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • IFWT
« Reply #201 on: July 31, 2021, 12:48:43 pm »
I sew a lot.  All the measurements for the actual sewing are in imperial but you purchase fabric by the metre  :D
"If you can't say anything nice, don't say nothing at all"  Thumper (1942)

Justice for the 96

I'm a Believer

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #202 on: July 31, 2021, 12:48:55 pm »

What people really want is the ability to go for a virtual pint with Anne Widdecombe as she complains about wokeness

The more I see this image, the more I long for a well placed hand grenade.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 31, 2021, 01:35:13 pm »

I'd prefer a toxic substance in their drinks that killed slowly and painfully
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Commie Bobbie

• Just woke up......Member of the Committee for State Security. More Folkestone Fashionista than Sandon Sandanista......
  • Legacy Fan
  • #WTRWWAW
« Reply #204 on: July 31, 2021, 01:56:09 pm »

What people really want is the ability to go for a virtual pint with Anne Widdecombe as she complains about wokeness

Is that an image of a wine cellar behind the jumped up Trump lolly?
Twitter: @atypicalbob

DON'T BUY THE S*N

MacKenzie Is Still A Fucking c*nt

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 31, 2021, 02:08:31 pm »

Jesus christ, that is cringe.

'look at us, having a pint, we're just like you common folk!'

Populism at its sneering worst. Like most people, I bet she hasn't a fucking clue what woke even means or where the word comes from. It has precious little to do with political correctness, but it's become a handy by-word for right-wing gobshites to throw at anyone who dare show an ounce of compassion or tolerance for marginalised people.

Thankfully I haven't seen a single clip or any footage from this car-crash excuse of a channel. Anyone I see mention it or has anything to do with it, gets an instant block on twitter.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #206 on: July 31, 2021, 02:10:42 pm »
I hate that it’s defining itself as antiwoke.  I hate the word woke too.

If you have issues with values address then directly rather than using purile name calling
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 31, 2021, 03:28:11 pm »
Yak. This is the second time I've glanced in this thread, its fucking horrid.

Woke and wokeness always concerns, amuses, bewilders, concerns (again) me. Shouldn't we all be woke to anything offensive? Shouldn't we all, if not born with but develop a consciousness of wokeism?
Every fucking one of us should be woke to societal ills, scumery, prejudice, racism and homophobia?

Being 'woke' is good, but highlighting the concept of wokeness is evil. Indeed fucking insulting.

yes. i had a conversation with my parents about this recently, both in their 60s, and they didn't really know what "woke" was, but thought it was a bad thing, like a slavish obsession with identity politics. i imagine due to how often it's used as a pejorative in the media these days.

as you've said, it really just means being aware of social injustice. by now, in 2021, it's been weaponized by a lot of mainstream media and the right-wing generally in the same way "political correctness" was, to denigrate any leftist movement or ideology they don't like.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: July 31, 2021, 03:55:42 pm »
I'm sure Capon could bodge that together for you.
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: July 31, 2021, 04:00:22 pm »
I'm sure Capon could bodge that together for you.
It would need to contain Susan Boyle and a wanking chimp though
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 31, 2021, 06:11:20 pm »
I'd prefer a toxic substance in their drinks that killed slowly and painfully

pay per view.

Probably not even real beer.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #212 on: August 1, 2021, 12:08:02 pm »

How's the chimp supposed to get a hard on with Widdecombe sat there?

Think on eh

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #213 on: August 1, 2021, 05:48:19 pm »
I hate that it’s defining itself as antiwoke.  I hate the word woke too.

If you have issues with values address then directly rather than using purile name calling

Antiwoke has just become a ruse for the right wingers to give themselves an identity and a cause. These are people who are never actually for anything, they're just consumed by hate and resentment.

'Woke' has just took the baton from 'political correctness' and political correctness gone mad', it has the same meaning. It's basically 'how dare anyone stand up for social justice', by people who can't understand why everyone isn't as mean spirited and nasty as they are.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 1, 2021, 05:51:33 pm »
How's the chimp supposed to get a hard on with Widdecombe sat there?

Think on eh
The toughest of tough wanks, I give you that.
W

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 1, 2021, 07:00:09 pm »

I thought that was who was in the pic already?

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #216 on: August 1, 2021, 09:59:07 pm »
I thought that was who was in the pic already?

What's Susan Boyle done to be confused with Ann Widdicombe?

Offline Wilmo

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: August 1, 2021, 10:06:33 pm »
One of the maddest things of the past decade is how people fell for Frottage, and some still do. He's such a symbol of the entitled establishment it's almost hilarious how people can be convinced of his schtick. Anne Widdicombe is an idiot. I watched BBC show a few years ago which was about sending 'celebrities' to live like workers did in the late 1900s or something. It wasn't bad actually, but Widdicombe had to make it all about herself, trying to start a revolution within 24 hours, as if this was all it took, as if people didn't have to actually live that. The arrogance and self-serving nature of that moment still pisses me off.

'History has always shown that when we stay together we can sort out problems. When we split then we start fighting. There was not one time in history where division creates success.' - Klopp

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: August 1, 2021, 11:47:31 pm »
Honestly, I think it's really harsh to compare Susan Boyle to Anne Widdecombe.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #219 on: August 2, 2021, 11:51:05 am »
I´m late here, but I just want to say Farenheit can get to absolute fuck.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: August 2, 2021, 12:00:07 pm »
I´m late here, but I just want to say Farenheit can get to absolute fuck.

Agreed, we should all be using Kelvin.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: August 2, 2021, 12:10:30 pm »
Agreed, we should all be using Kelvin.
Mackenzie? Surely not.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #222 on: August 2, 2021, 12:22:12 pm »
Honestly, I think it's really harsh to compare Susan Boyle to Anne Widdecombe.

Glad I'm not the only one.

Very poor that I thought.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #223 on: August 2, 2021, 12:24:33 pm »
Antiwoke has just become a ruse for the right wingers to give themselves an identity and a cause. These are people who are never actually for anything, they're just consumed by hate and resentment.

'Woke' has just took the baton from 'political correctness' and political correctness gone mad', it has the same meaning. It's basically 'how dare anyone stand up for social justice', by people who can't understand why everyone isn't as mean spirited and nasty as they are.

There are people in that 'social justice warrior' group that do a great recruitment job for the right-wing, though.

Also (not aimed at you) 'identity politics' does exist, and frequently goes against what anti-racism/anti-prejudice people campaigned for in the 70's/80's/90's.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Online Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 11, 2021, 08:58:43 pm »
Rumours abound that Andrew Neil isn’t coming back and the channel will instead become a type of British Fox News.

I told him this would happen.

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1425521487893704707?s=21
« Last Edit: August 11, 2021, 09:03:31 pm by TepidT2O »
W

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 12, 2021, 12:41:49 pm »
Rumours abound that Andrew Neil isn’t coming back and the channel will instead become a type of British Fox News.

I told him this would happen.

https://twitter.com/telegraph/status/1425521487893704707?s=21
https://archive.is/hWxNQ

I am not sure how GB News's plans to become a Fox equivalent in the UK can work given the regulations requiring impartiality in news broadcasting.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/tv-radio-and-on-demand/broadcast-codes/broadcast-code/section-five-due-impartiality-accuracy

If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #229 on: September 3, 2021, 10:57:10 am »
Times reporting that Brillo Pad isn't returning to the channel - 'quoting  "growing speculation about strained relations between him & the channel’s top team" ...  The Times understands that the prospect of Neil returning is now "out of the question".
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 3, 2021, 06:39:49 pm »
Funnily enough, it’s turned into Fox News uk
W

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #231 on: September 3, 2021, 07:11:48 pm »
Funnily enough, it’s turned into Fox News uk

Another one for the alt-right/Brexit mouthpiece in Isabel Oakshott who's now joined.

Neil is such a tit though, he's created this monstrosity and then walks away from it (much like Fox News which he had a hand in).

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: September 3, 2021, 07:27:48 pm »
Forgot about this failed experiment until this thread is bumped.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 3, 2021, 10:10:19 pm »
Another one for the alt-right/Brexit mouthpiece in Isabel Oakshott who's now joined.

Neil is such a tit though, he's created this monstrosity and then walks away from it (much like Fox News which he had a hand in).

Well there's a surprise. Brewer-Hartley next?

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 3, 2021, 11:30:14 pm »

Jobs for the girls. Her husband Richard Tice is founder and co-chairman of the pro-Brexit campaign groups Leave.EU and Leave Means Leave. His family company Sunley Family Limited is 42% owned by Panama and British Virgin Islands-based firms.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 5, 2021, 08:41:30 am »
I hear Frottage was interviewing the political heavyweight of Christopher Biggins on his show the other night.  Biggins thinks Brexit is a brilliant idea apparently, so that’s a stamp of approval.

Oddly, none of the usual crowd have told Biggins to stay in his lane and stick to playing Widow Twanky at Whitby.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: September 5, 2021, 10:42:49 am »
I hear Frottage was interviewing the political heavyweight of Christopher Biggins on his show the other night.  Biggins thinks Brexit is a brilliant idea apparently, so that’s a stamp of approval.

Oddly, none of the usual crowd have told Biggins to stay in his lane and stick to playing Widow Twanky at Whitby.

This Christopher Biggins?

'Politically, Biggins has expressed his admiration for former Conservative Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher. He admits in his autobiography that he cried on the day she resigned, saying: "I'm not the most political of people. But I believe in self-reliance and getting on with the job in hand. Margaret had seemed to personify all that. And she had star quality, which of course I loved." In 2014, he said: "I loved John Major, he was charismatic and charming. I’ve always been a Conservative'

:o :o

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: September 5, 2021, 11:39:33 am »
I can forgive Biggins for being a poor judge of character. Patrick Moore was a UKIP poster boy, but I still loved the bones of the guy. :)

Popcorn's Art

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: September 6, 2021, 09:11:43 am »
I can forgive Biggins for being a poor judge of character. Patrick Moore was a UKIP poster boy, but I still loved the bones of the guy. :)
You know, somehow, I did not know this. That's disappointing. Though, I am glad to read/learn that he was steadfastly against blood sports. So, at least not a total right-winger in every respect.

I am also surprised to learn - per the Christopher Biggins quote - that John Major is both 'charming and charismatic'! ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 6, 2021, 09:46:48 am »
You know, somehow, I did not know this. That's disappointing. Though, I am glad to read/learn that he was steadfastly against blood sports. So, at least not a total right-winger in every respect.

I am also surprised to learn - per the Christopher Biggins quote - that John Major is both 'charming and charismatic'! ;D

Interesting to note. He was a father figure to Brian May, who vehemently opposes blood sports. May is pro Europe though; had the referendum/Brexit happened in Moore's lifetime, it might have strained their relationship.

Popcorn's Art