Author Topic: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE  (Read 3457079 times)

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Re: COVID-19:VERIFIED news sources, 0 politishit, 0 CONSPIRACY SHITE
« Reply #70520 on: December 6, 2022, 04:05:32 pm »
A lot of people my age have all kinds of hip pain.

Sitting on our arses 8 hours a day isn't doing our bodies any favours at all.

That's scary.  Though I've just done 45 mins on the rower. Not exactly busting a gut. But not sat on my arse. Well, actually totally sat on my arse, but you know what I mean!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70521 on: December 8, 2022, 07:03:32 pm »
Managed to get online and get an appointment for this week :) will be my 4th one.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #70522 on: December 9, 2022, 05:45:06 am »
Got my fourth shot two weeks ago. Didn't feel a thing, but again, I didn't have any side effects with the previous ones either. That's got to be the winter I finally get Covid... Not that I want it, but I've been lucky to escape two close calls. The law of averages says...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline spen71

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70523 on: December 9, 2022, 06:37:03 am »
What percent of people have had covid?    I’ve never had it,   Is this an outlier?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
« Reply #70524 on: December 9, 2022, 07:28:56 am »
What percent of people have had covid?    I’ve never had it,   Is this an outlier?

I saw an estimate of about 70% of the UK population, can’t remember where though!
Believer

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #70525 on: December 9, 2022, 08:44:49 am »

We've not had it either nor have most of my immediate family.

I think my daughter, a niece and one grandchild out of nearly 30 of us.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70526 on: December 9, 2022, 08:49:56 am »
I saw an estimate of about 70% of the UK population, can’t remember where though!
There was a figure of 71% being regurgitated by various press outlets for the period up to February 2022.  I've no idea how accurate that estimation was but we can assume it's higher now.

When I rang the school earlier this term to say my eldest had tested positive they said "If he's feeling well in himself then send him in".  The man doing our boiler service rang me to check if we would be OK with him still coming as he had tested positive (many wouldn't check, I'm sure).  It just feels widely accepted now so presumably there's a constant hum of asymptomatic or mild symptoms cases.  I can't see how every school age child, their families, public transport users etc. could have avoided it, for example.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70527 on: December 9, 2022, 08:52:56 am »
We've not had it either nor have most of my immediate family.

I think my daughter, a niece and one grandchild out of nearly 30 of us.
If you're interested enough then maybe worth doing an antibody test.  Statistically speaking you're more likely to have had it asymptomatically than to all have avoided it unless you've been shielding.

Not that it makes much difference but for me knowing I'd had it made me less worried about catching it.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #70528 on: December 9, 2022, 09:25:16 am »

Well you maybe never had it, you might be one of the ones who never got symptoms but still had it, guess we'll never know

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70529 on: December 9, 2022, 09:45:26 am »
I'd say pretty much everyone I know has had it.  Mostly no worse than a cold .
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #70530 on: December 9, 2022, 12:48:02 pm »
I am pretty much 90% back to my normal self after testing positive on Monday. Actually tested negative this morning which is good.

This was my second crack at it, symptoms were just like a heavy cold, shivers, sneezing, dry cough, knackered all the time.

I'm toying with the idea of meeting a couple of mates in town later, nothing wild, or do the sensible thing and stay indoors.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70531 on: December 9, 2022, 03:01:51 pm »
I am pretty much 90% back to my normal self after testing positive on Monday. Actually tested negative this morning which is good.

This was my second crack at it, symptoms were just like a heavy cold, shivers, sneezing, dry cough, knackered all the time.

I'm toying with the idea of meeting a couple of mates in town later, nothing wild, or do the sensible thing and stay indoors.

Considering how shit the weather is, I'd stay indoors!
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70532 on: December 9, 2022, 03:14:20 pm »
If you're interested enough then maybe worth doing an antibody test.  Statistically speaking you're more likely to have had it asymptomatically than to all have avoided it unless you've been shielding.

Not that it makes much difference but for me knowing I'd had it made me less worried about catching it.

Wouldn't it be more unlikely for so many of us to have had it but with absolutely no symptoms at all?

Not that I'm concerned if I've had it or not as I'm pretty sure I haven't and there's nobody vulnerable that we mix with to worry about passing it on.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #70533 on: December 9, 2022, 03:53:29 pm »

Never had it. Been around people - including my wife who had it and I was in the house and still I tested negative on every test.

Dunno if immune or lucky? Got flu this year, but checked again for covid and nothing.

Not had flu for about 20 years, so no worries every couple of decades.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70534 on: December 10, 2022, 05:12:15 am »
Me, my wife, son, daughter-in-law and their baby, neither of us had it. My daughter-in-law's family (her parents and three sisters with families) all had Covid; they were just utterly careless, and we could never put sense in their heads...

Offline liversaint

• Beach boy giver of yuletide joy to ha-run-run-reindeer
  • Legacy Fan
  • Settle down Beavis
« Reply #70535 on: December 10, 2022, 10:00:13 am »
Neither me or Mrs LS have had it, more or less followed the guidance at the time.

Brother and his wife have had it 3 times. They didn’t.
You say Honey? I say Fuck off.

You dont win friends with Salad

There is another option. Mr Ferguson organises the fixtures in his office and sends it to us and everyone will know and cannot complain. That is simple.

Offline TheKid.

• Goat abuser
  • Legacy Fan
  • Vamos
« Reply #70536 on: December 10, 2022, 10:09:05 am »
I’ve never tested positive for it (and was testing twice a week at its height, for work) - not convinced I haven’t mildly had it though. I’m never convinced I’m doing those tests right though

Had symptoms and felt rough in June, then few days later my missus tested positive but my tests still remained negative

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70537 on: December 10, 2022, 10:12:24 am »
Not got CoVid but feel like shit, sore throat, bunged up nose and a rasping cough, supposed to be going out later but doubt I'll be making it
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline farawayred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70538 on: December 10, 2022, 04:17:45 pm »
Not got CoVid but feel like shit, sore throat, bunged up nose and a rasping cough, supposed to be going out later but doubt I'll be making it
Here in the US they say that this season is going to be bad for the regular flu. All the anti-Covid measures in the last years slowed down these viruses too, so they are going to have a go this time. I got the flu shot too, something others may wish to consider.

Online AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70539 on: December 10, 2022, 04:19:34 pm »
Considering how shit the weather is, I'd stay indoors!

Ohhhhhh how I wished I seen this reply before I left. Town was horrendous, couldn't get a cab home for ages, finally managed to get one before slipping on the ice in my path and doing my wrist in!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70540 on: December 10, 2022, 08:23:09 pm »
That's not how you did your wrist in .

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70541 on: December 11, 2022, 11:59:14 am »
Here in the US they say that this season is going to be bad for the regular flu. All the anti-Covid measures in the last years slowed down these viruses too, so they are going to have a go this time. I got the flu shot too, something others may wish to consider.
yes think that's a fair point, strep that has killed 15 kids in the UK linked to children not building their immune system up in the last 3 years.

I didn't have a single cold in 2020 or 2021 but have had two stinkers this year already. Had the flu jab in October and CoVid booster due next week

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70542 on: December 13, 2022, 12:13:20 pm »
Well after 3 years Covid has finally got me. I'd got overconfident that I must have just had it and not had any symptoms.

Strangely not got much of a cough at all, feels more like a flu, with aches and really bad drowsiness and exhaustion.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #70543 on: December 13, 2022, 01:11:41 pm »
Well after 3 years Covid has finally got me. I'd got overconfident that I must have just had it and not had any symptoms.

Strangely not got much of a cough at all, feels more like a flu, with aches and really bad drowsiness and exhaustion.

That’s the version I had. I thought I was OK after a couple of days and got back to normal too quickly. Take a bit of time to recuperate.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70544 on: December 13, 2022, 01:18:17 pm »

Have you tested for it, or are assuming that it is COVID?
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70545 on: December 13, 2022, 01:20:51 pm »
Have you tested for it, or are assuming that it is COVID?

Tested, line went black almost immediately.  ;D

Actually incorrectly blagged some free tests yesterday. Just assumed I was eligible for them due to medical condition so said I qualified, then checked the list that qualifies after and it's actually a lot more restrictive than I assumed.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70546 on: December 13, 2022, 01:22:14 pm »

Actually incorrectly blagged some free tests yesterday. Just assumed I was eligible for them due to medical condition so said I qualified, then checked the list that qualifies after and it's actually a lot more restrictive than I assumed.
Free tests? Is this aScottish thing as I’m sure that us stiff upper lipped English have to pay for ours.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70547 on: December 13, 2022, 01:26:38 pm »
Free tests? Is this aScottish thing as I’m sure that us stiff upper lipped English have to pay for ours.

You can order free tests if you have certain medical conditions - I thought it was the same in England.

It's very limited though in which conditions (e.g. cancer, HIV/AIDS, people who have had organ transplants), but apparently anyone can just say they qualify and it doesn't verify it.

Offline Jiminy Cricket

• Batshit fucker and Chief Yuletide Porcine Voyeur
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70548 on: December 13, 2022, 01:30:27 pm »

COVID is still a problem, so paying for tests is surely a bad idea. At the very least, they should be free for those on low incomes or with significant medical conditions (which I know you have).

I heard earlier that the US 7-day COVID average death rate was nearly 500 yesterday. But then again, vaccination rates there are shite.
would rather have a wank wearing a barb wire glove
If you're chasing thrills, try a bit of auto-asphyxiation with a poppers-soaked orange in your gob.

Offline thaddeus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70549 on: December 13, 2022, 01:58:04 pm »
Wouldn't it be more unlikely for so many of us to have had it but with absolutely no symptoms at all?

Not that I'm concerned if I've had it or not as I'm pretty sure I haven't and there's nobody vulnerable that we mix with to worry about passing it on.
It's a good point.  I don't know.

My reasoning is that it's evidently so transmissible that being in the same space, certainly the same household, as somebody with active Covid makes it very unlikely you wouldn't be infected.  I don't know if there's a threshold whereby you're exposed to the virus but your body so effectively handles the infection that it doesn't even register as much of anything.

I agree on the being less concerned now about being a "vector" for transmission.  None of my immediate family or contacts are vulnerable and unvaccinated.  I could be a link in a long chain that does eventually infect somebody that is vulnerable and unvaccinated but it's difficult to live any kind of life when beholden to such thoughts!

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70550 on: December 20, 2022, 12:44:02 pm »
Jab number 4 done and dusted, felt it a bit going in but no real issues. It was the new combined Pfizer one this time so hopefully some added protection.

Totally different experience to my first jab where I had to queue for about 45 minutes, this time there was one bloke in front of me and one bloke going in when I left, other than that, nobody there except for the staff

Offline sheepfest

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #70551 on: December 20, 2022, 12:55:26 pm »
Well my folks have caught it for the first time but are all jabbed so fingers crossed. They are blaming one another for catching it which is quite amusing.  I am relieved that at least I am not the guilty party as I have not seen them for a couple of weeks.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70552 on: December 21, 2022, 06:12:43 am »
Daughter was supposed to be here but staying home as she's picked it up again.  She felt like shit for a couple of days but will abe ok I think. Lord knows what she'd have been like without jabs.  Not eligible for the 'current' boosters I suppose.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70553 on: December 21, 2022, 10:34:02 am »
Daughter was supposed to be here but staying home as she's picked it up again.  She felt like shit for a couple of days but will abe ok I think. Lord knows what she'd have been like without jabs.  Not eligible for the 'current' boosters I suppose.

I've pretty much recovered and that is my recurring thought - how much worse would it have been if I hadn't got my booster 6 weeks ago.

Managed to get a couple of pointed jabs at my mum who has refused to get her booster.... I thought this whole Covid thing had got her over her anti-vaxx thing but she's reverted back to her old ways.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70554 on: December 21, 2022, 06:45:43 pm »
I've pretty much recovered and that is my recurring thought - how much worse would it have been if I hadn't got my booster 6 weeks ago.

Managed to get a couple of pointed jabs at my mum who has refused to get her booster.... I thought this whole Covid thing had got her over her anti-vaxx thing but she's reverted back to her old ways.

My wife has just had it and no more than a mild head cold, and she is fully jabbed.

Out 28 year old grandson, who had the first two jabs but declined any more, got it and was flat out for a few days.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70555 on: December 21, 2022, 07:55:02 pm »
Sounds promsing.

With new COVID variants and subvariants evolving faster and faster, each chipping away at the effectiveness of the leading vaccines, the hunt is on for a new kind of vaccine—one that works equally well on current and future forms of the novel coronavirus.

Now researchers at the National Institutes of Health in Maryland think they’ve found a new approach to vaccine design that could lead them to a long-lasting jab. As a bonus, it also might work on other coronaviruses, not just the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.

Full article here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scientists-make-breakthrough-in-developing-a-new-vaccine-that-could-finally-beat-covid
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70556 on: December 21, 2022, 10:56:45 pm »
Sounds promsing.

With new COVID variants and subvariants evolving faster and faster, each chipping away at the effectiveness of the leading vaccines, the hunt is on for a new kind of vaccine—one that works equally well on current and future forms of the novel coronavirus.

Now researchers at the National Institutes of Health in Maryland think they’ve found a new approach to vaccine design that could lead them to a long-lasting jab. As a bonus, it also might work on other coronaviruses, not just the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes COVID-19.

Full article here.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/scientists-make-breakthrough-in-developing-a-new-vaccine-that-could-finally-beat-covid

If and when the virus really takes off in the vast antibody free pool in China there will be more opportunities for variants so a versatile vaccine is essential.

Online AlphaDelta

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #70557 on: December 22, 2022, 02:06:11 pm »
I don't know if its because we are more aware of it, the cold weather, time of year, whatever? But it seems most people I know have either got covid again or that heavy flu/cough that is lasting ages.

I had Covid for the second time a few weeks ago and tested negative after about 5 days of it, but still even now I have a dry cough, especially of a night plus I'm goosed walking far or climbing stairs.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #70558 on: December 22, 2022, 04:27:12 pm »
I don't know if its because we are more aware of it, the cold weather, time of year, whatever? But it seems most people I know have either got covid again or that heavy flu/cough that is lasting ages.

I had Covid for the second time a few weeks ago and tested negative after about 5 days of it, but still even now I have a dry cough, especially of a night plus I'm goosed walking far or climbing stairs.
same here, pretty much everyone I know has had something, brother and sister-in-law have both been bed bound by flu, bro has been in bed for 5 days!

The missus had a cold which turned into a chest infection, daughter tonsillitis and loads of my mates have had something similar too including Co-Vid

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70559 on: December 22, 2022, 04:52:02 pm »
Yeah, absolutely loads of stuff going about at the moment.