Author Topic: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.  (Read 107321 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: New Annie road, small to medium expansion plans shelved.
« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2019, 04:43:36 pm »
do you reckon we could sell out 70,000 seats if it was possible to expand that far one day

With the right pricing and a decent team on the pitch then sure.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2019, 05:17:00 pm »
Looking at two tiers.  Will build out the back first, over the existing stand and then join them up, just like the main stand.  Will re format the lower tier same way as the main stand. No RV seats

Will be around 61k when finished.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2019, 05:46:23 pm »
do you reckon we could sell out 70,000 seats if it was possible to expand that far one day
Yes I think so. And if it's a little bit on the surplus side then fine, I'd love to know I could choose to go to a game relatively late in the day if my plans changed, without having to secure a ticket three months beforehand when I have no idea what my plans will be nearer the day, or all the hassle of finding a ticket late on while avoiding touts. And if it fucks off the touts, all the better
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2019, 06:24:04 pm »
Another option if there's no corporate is naming rights deals of course.

If they couldn't get a naming rights deal for the Main Stand they won't be getting one for the ARE

Yes, it is.

They loaned us the money for the main stand themselves.

They gave us an interest free loan of £100m. The money for transfers doesn't come from the owners it comes from what the club earns. The two are completely separate from each other.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2019, 06:34:17 pm »
Capacity of 61,879 please.
You are a bad person ;D
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
Re: Reds reaffirm Anfield Road commitment
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2019, 07:11:16 pm »
Moved to Stadium thread and merged.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2019, 07:28:23 pm »
We’re hiring for someone to manage the project!

https://recruitment.liverpoolfc.com/vacancies/jobs/view/284
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2019, 07:53:08 pm »
To all those who are convinced that it won’t be much more than 60k in total, (you’re probably right), but wouldn’t it be a bit strange given the most recent noises from the club, plus allowing the planning consent to lapse etc?

Like I said, you’re probably right and it’ll be an anticlimax, but for me it’s just a bit weird to say,
‘we’re scrapping those small-time plans to go to 58-59k. We’re thinking BIG now. Yes sir, we’re going 61k!!!! How do you like us now Real, Barca, Bayern, Utd!’

I realise most are being realistic and are of this view due to obvious physical constraints, but as I said it just seems a bit weird, given the language in that last interview with PM.

Thinking outside the box, are there any other possible ways we could be looking at say 70k without going into the level of infrastructure investment that has been suggested (or at least minimising it)?
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2019, 08:05:21 pm »
There physically isn’t a way to go much behind 61k by just doing the one stand though..
W

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2019, 08:09:49 pm »
I get that, but do you see where I’m coming from? Just odd. The language doesn’t fit just going 2-3k higher.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline Onward Liverpudlian

• Kopite
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2019, 08:22:47 pm »
To all those who are convinced that it won’t be much more than 60k in total, (you’re probably right), but wouldn’t it be a bit strange given the most recent noises from the club, plus allowing the planning consent to lapse etc?

Like I said, you’re probably right and it’ll be an anticlimax, but for me it’s just a bit weird to say,
‘we’re scrapping those small-time plans to go to 58-59k. We’re thinking BIG now. Yes sir, we’re going 61k!!!! How do you like us now Real, Barca, Bayern, Utd!’

Of course 1,500-3,000 more seats than the original plans are welcome but like you I also thought it a bit strange too as it's only a bit more in the grand scheme of things. Maybe they can find a way to stretch capacity to at least 63,000ish.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2019, 08:23:47 pm »
You are a bad person ;D

Just plucked a number from thin air, honest guv.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2019, 08:54:37 pm »
I get that, but do you see where I’m coming from? Just odd. The language doesn’t fit just going 2-3k higher.
I’m being practical

You can’t do more than 62k (and even that is unlikely) in that space.
W

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2019, 08:57:21 pm »
Safe Standing

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2019, 08:58:18 pm »

I realise most are being realistic and are of this view due to obvious physical constraints, but as I said it just seems a bit weird, given the language in that last interview with PM.

Thinking outside the box, are there any other possible ways we could be looking at say 70k without going into the level of infrastructure investment that has been suggested (or at least minimising it)?

The way you’re looking at it is wrong in terms of planning. The original plan was for 4,000 extra seats roughly whereas if we go to 61,000 in total the new plan would be for 7,000 seats. 4,000 to 7,000 is a 75% increase in the planned additional capacity.
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2019, 09:00:43 pm »
Yeh I get you. I've heard rumblings of far higher numbers. Don't want to perpetuate a rumour so I'll leave it at that. And before you say anything, Tepid, I have no clue about this sort of thing so no idea how higher numbers might be achieved.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2019, 09:03:29 pm »
Yeh I get you. I've heard rumblings of far higher numbers. Don't want to perpetuate a rumour so I'll leave it at that. And before you say anything, Tepid, I have no clue about this sort of thing so no idea how higher numbers might be achieved.
;D

As Stevo says above, the only way is safe standing.
W

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2019, 10:00:09 pm »

Increasing by 7k instead of 4k is a 75% increase on the previous plans, that is a big increase

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2019, 10:14:24 pm »
Increasing by 7k instead of 4k is a 75% increase on the previous plans, that is a big increase

Considering the main stand was 9k extra I’d say that was pretty fucking good.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2019, 10:20:13 pm »
Capacity of 61,879 please.

Nah capacity of 61,892.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #180 on: August 22, 2019, 10:40:52 pm »

You've got me hooked now. Just whisper the number into my ear. I won't tell anyone else, honest.  ;)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #181 on: August 23, 2019, 01:34:22 am »
Looking at two tiers.  Will build out the back first, over the existing stand and then join them up, just like the main stand.  Will re format the lower tier same way as the main stand. No RV seats

Will be around 61k when finished.

that'll do. I'd love 70,000 but that'll do. If safe standing comes in we'll get the capacity even further that day.

Good times.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Roughie Scouse

• Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #182 on: August 23, 2019, 06:13:31 am »
This is going to take some time though. If they are letting current planning lapse.
"There are places I'll remember all my life"  The Beatles,  ISTANBUL 2005

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #183 on: August 23, 2019, 07:09:53 am »
Aim is open in 2022.

It will be around 61,000 maybe 61,500 but that number will move as they finalise the design.  Certainly well over 60,000

Offline scouser102002

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: August 23, 2019, 07:15:53 am »
There are massive issues with both the Kenny (houses) and Kop (main road) which are extremely tough to find a solution to.

And the Albert!

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #185 on: August 23, 2019, 07:41:25 am »
This is going to take some time though. If they are letting current planning lapse.

It lapses in September. It's Aug 23rd today...  :D

Course the rest will take time, but not the lapse

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #186 on: August 23, 2019, 07:57:52 am »
Thinking outside the box, are there any other possible ways we could be looking at say 70k

• Those senate pods from the Star Wars prequels. You could float around above the pitch following the action. Pods would have to have transparent bottoms for a better view, like those boats that let you see dolphins.
  • A roof with upside-down seats under it, with seatbelts to stop people falling onto the pitch. The club would have to offer a free neck massage after every game.
  • A replica Anfield built in the south with holographic projectors replicating the action in real time. The stands from this second stadium are then holographically projected above the existing stands during matches, instantly doubling perceived capacity.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: August 23, 2019, 08:03:31 am »

The current planning permission lapsing is neither here nor there. All it means is that whatever is being proposed is significantly different from the approved outline permission and can't be covered as a 'non-material' change.

https://www.planningportal.co.uk/info/200126/applications/60/consent_types/15

The design work on the new scheme will be ongoing and at a stage where they will have a clear option or options to proceed with. Letting the planning permission lapse isn't starting again - it means they are far enough advanced to know that a new planning application will be required.

I look forward to seeing what they're thinking of doing.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: August 23, 2019, 08:10:38 am »
A roof with upside-down seats under it, with seatbelts to stop people falling onto the pitch. The club would have to offer a free neck massage after every game.

It's been patented already in the US

'15' and '16' are reverse cantilevered seats where you look down through glass at the pitch.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #189 on: August 23, 2019, 09:06:00 am »

Why not anti-gravity fields instead of seat-belts?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2019, 09:26:33 am »
Why not anti-gravity fields instead of seat-belts?

We will need seat belts because of the force from the black hole just over Stanley Park
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Redric1970

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: August 23, 2019, 09:50:29 am »
Do you think they are looking at altering the corner between the Anfield road and KD stand where the tv studio is as I’m sure you could improve that a lot and add a lot of seats that way as it looks a bit of a mess.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2019, 10:16:08 am »
will the Anfield Road stand be as tall as the main stand?
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2019, 10:57:43 am »

Short answer is no.

I'm by no means an Anfield regular, even though I've lived in the city my whole life; but I've seen the area on a match day and it's mad - and that was just an all-star Hillsborough friendly I went to back in 2014.  Place was nowhere near even its 45k capacity. 

There's no way you can increase to 70k - which is, what? about a 70% increase over 45k? - without a major overhaul of the surrounding infrastructure.  If FSG want to do that they would have to be developing a 10 year plan right now, to buy up land and properties and reconfigure the streets and utilities etc.  And all that would likely need to be done before any work on the stadium started.

Not saying it's impossible, just that there is no short cut to doing it.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2019, 11:03:22 am »
Do you think they are looking at altering the corner between the Anfield road and KD stand where the tv studio is as I’m sure you could improve that a lot and add a lot of seats that way as it looks a bit of a mess.

Would that involve closing the TV studio though?  Could they move it temporarily to a corporate box?  Or perhaps build a whole new studio into the ARE and then remodel/remove the existing studio?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #195 on: August 23, 2019, 12:58:03 pm »
Aim is open in 2022.

It will be around 61,000 maybe 61,500 but that number will move as they finalise the design.  Certainly well over 60,000
This sounds great and all, but until I see the actual plans I'm holding off.

The actual plans I'm interested in are the ones by RAWK's official stadium designer meady1981. Any news on the giraffe enclosure or the Ian Ayre MegaStore and Aubergine Stand yet mate?
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 23, 2019, 01:24:20 pm »
Who is the mod/architect on here? I was on the Anfield thread on Skyscrapercity last night and someone there is having a go at him over this new development.

I recall someone here being an architect, but can't remember who.

Anyway, those figures at 61,500 sound pretty good after redeveloping just the ARE. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pretty pictures.  8)
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 23, 2019, 01:26:54 pm »
Who is the mod/architect on here? I was on the Anfield thread on Skyscrapercity last night and someone there is having a go at him over this new development.

Anyway, those figures at 61,500 sound pretty good after redeveloping just the ARE. I'm really looking forward to seeing the pretty pictures.  8)

There's me and Peter McGurk but Peter hasn't been on here for a while.

Edit - it's BeeGee and he's having a dig at me I think.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2019, 01:35:03 pm by Alan_X »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: August 23, 2019, 01:29:49 pm »
There's me and Peter McGurk but Peter hasn't been on here for a while.
Ah yes, I remember now. Thanks.  :)

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 23, 2019, 01:38:46 pm »

The guy is basically a childish c*nt, ignore.

On Peter McGurk, he’s not been on twitter or here, so I hope he’s well.
W