Author Topic: Danny Ward  (Read 1905 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Danny Ward
« on: September 25, 2018, 09:53:19 pm »
Just got Leicester through on penalties. He is good at saving them
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Danny Ward
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2018, 10:19:58 pm »
Just got Leicester through on penalties. He is good at saving them

Scott Carson too :D

Well in Danny Ward though, hopefully he can become their number one.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2022, 08:32:42 am »
He might be the worst starting keeper I've ever seen

How the fuck did we get £12.5M for him! ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2022, 09:11:29 am »
He might be the worst starting keeper I've ever seen

How the fuck did we get £12.5M for him! ;D

He's not a bad keeper, problem is Leicester paid big money for him to literally just be an emergency back-up in case they couldn't play Schmeichel. Which is absolutely mental for a young goalkeeper. When they signed him he was coming off the back of two seasons where he'd been excellent for Aberdeen, to the point that we recalled him in January and gave him his PL. And then the next season he was practically ever-present for Huddersfield, saved penalties in the play offs to get promoted, started playing for Wales.

And since they signed him, before this season, he's solely played in the early rounds of the domestic cups. Even when they've got further he's been bumped off for Schmeichel. So whilst I dont think he was ever destined to be an amazing goalkeeper, he's hardly been helped to develop there. I mean look at the posts before yours....2018. Talking about potentially becoming Leicesters number one, because even then Schmeichel was clearly on the wane. And yet here we are four years later, Schmeichels fucked off and people are surprised Ward looks pretty poor.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Simplexity

• Do we need the xity? (apparently not)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2022, 08:07:37 pm »
Looked especially inept against Spurs, if someone told me they fielded a man who won a "play as a goalie in the PL" competition I would have believed it.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: September 19, 2022, 05:31:37 pm »
Going to cost them boatloads of points if he's not binned. Looks Championship quality at best.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."