Author Topic: Atmosphere at Anfield  (Read 1757817 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
Re: Atmosphere at Anfield
« Reply #13360 on: November 2, 2022, 04:51:40 pm »
I walked out after Leeds scored their second and would do it again.

I went home at half time when Northampton beat us in the League Cup. And against Leicester on boxing day 1984. I'm not a real fan though.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline ljycb

• RAWK's Bullen Oracle of Wisdom & Knowledge, the Collective Voice of our Moral Conscience
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13361 on: November 3, 2022, 05:09:24 pm »
Someone on Twitter posted a clip of Gudjohnsen’s stoppage time miss in 2005 (link here: https://twitter.com/davolaar/status/1588112829105803272?s=46&t=dNLiYlM41z8x0qSj-yuTOg), and another person has mentioned how red the Kop looks. Does anyone have a theory as to why this isn’t the case anymore?

Offline Koplord

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #13362 on: November 3, 2022, 05:41:37 pm »
Someone on Twitter posted a clip of Gudjohnsen’s stoppage time miss in 2005 (link here: https://twitter.com/davolaar/status/1588112829105803272?s=46&t=dNLiYlM41z8x0qSj-yuTOg), and another person has mentioned how red the Kop looks. Does anyone have a theory as to why this isn’t the case anymore?

Because top reds think it’s wool to wear anything red the match or have a scarf. Definitely noticed a change quite a few years ago
If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13363 on: November 3, 2022, 06:07:12 pm »

There was a huge drive on the forums/word of mouth etc for that game, to wear red and get in the ground early.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13364 on: November 3, 2022, 06:45:34 pm »
That Gudjohnsen miss is the closest I've ever come to a heart attack

Offline Saus76

• Complete and utter embarrassment
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #13365 on: November 3, 2022, 07:07:15 pm »

Still the loudest I've ever heard the ground. If I'm honest, nothing compares to that game. Standing on the kop that night, I can remember the ground shaking beneath my feet.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13366 on: November 3, 2022, 07:54:47 pm »

It comes and goes. Have a look at a picture of the old Kop in the early 70s and compare it to a picture in the 80s.

I'd say that was a reflection of the change in culture of the City, as it went from booming and flamboyant - to dark and gritty.

I'd guess the difference in 2005 and now is demographics. Most of the people are the same but 17 years older.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13367 on: November 3, 2022, 08:11:46 pm »
Makes me feel like that every time watching it back. No idea how it doesn't go in.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13368 on: November 3, 2022, 08:27:29 pm »
I don't remember that. I remember Garcia's goal and the full-time whistle, and standing up in the Kemlyn for the whole match. The rest's a blur.

At that time, I never thought I'd ever see us in another European Cup final and now I was thinking, how the fuck do I get to Turkey?

The match its self is a haze.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13369 on: November 3, 2022, 10:29:22 pm »
Still the loudest I've ever heard the ground. If I'm honest, nothing compares to that game. Standing on the kop that night, I can remember the ground shaking beneath my feet.
I'm pretty sure George Sephton said the same  thing.  Stunning atmosphere.  I think Chelsea had the crap scared out of them.

Offline Lfcameron7

• Anny Roader
  • Na na na Liverpool, Liverpool na na na
« Reply #13370 on: November 3, 2022, 10:57:30 pm »
Just came across another group on Twitter trying to organise stuff in Annie Road to get the atmosphere going, hopefully one of these groups actually start pushing the club on this

https://twitter.com/roadendreds/status/1588295303907508224

They also make a good point about the new hospo being added to anfield rd, hopefully not too many new hospo seats get added to lower annie, would be shite

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #13371 on: November 4, 2022, 04:32:47 pm »

' The Gudjohnsen moment'....soon as someone mentions it you feel an icy grip on your heart.

Funny actually throw it into a conversation with Reds and everyone goes 'uuuurrghhh!'
« Last Edit: November 4, 2022, 04:35:33 pm by FlashingBlade »

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13372 on: November 4, 2022, 04:46:57 pm »
It was a significant moment. The delay waiting for a decision was ridiculous so the Kop decided we'll have a good old sing-song while we wait. But it reverberated around the ground and took off at a tremendous level.

I notice even when it died down it continued in the Anny.

After that moment the atmosphere was indeed brilliant.

My lad asked why we were so noisy when we'd just conceded and I told him that was how it used to be when I was a kid. I remember as soon as a team scored, someone on the Kop would start "Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool Liv-er-pool"

Still gives me nightmares
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MPowerYNWA

• Kopite
« Reply #13373 on: November 4, 2022, 06:45:17 pm »

That was one of the best moments of my life, topped only by the final - I remember my legs shaking at the final whistle - pure adrenaline.  I was so proud of our supporters, the players and Rafa.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13374 on: November 4, 2022, 09:45:26 pm »
Still gives me nightmares

still makes me laugh out loud.  :)

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13375 on: November 7, 2022, 10:29:02 am »
That 2005 season was so special, still my favorite season, some proper atmospheres.
Obviously Chelsea is perhaps the best in our history, but Juventus and Olympiakos was massive as well.
Also the game against Everton in the spring was proper old school derby intensity, and the atmosphere against Arsenal (Mellors winner) was great as well.

Even though we were mostly shite that season, there was still this feeling of something new and special as it was Rafas first season in charge, and we had that mentality in the stands as well.
La Bamba chant was so good as well, and the start of Ring of Fire.

Unreal that season when you think back on it, almost as a cheesy movie script since we were struggling so much in the league, but then you have that Olympiakos game with Gerrards winner (which is arguably top3 goals in our history based on what later happened). And then the run against Leverkusen and Juventus and then that semi against Chelsea, probably never been so much anticipation before a game at Anfield.

The rivalry with Chelsea that season (and 1-2 seasons after) was arguably bigger than it ever was against United actually, they played their villain part perfectly with Abramovich and Mourinho and their fans. Never seen Anfield so up for a game before or after.

Offline Stevo

• Not unique in his worship of Erik Meijer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13376 on: November 8, 2022, 08:47:37 am »
Just came across another group on Twitter trying to organise stuff in Annie Road to get the atmosphere going, hopefully one of these groups actually start pushing the club on this

They also make a good point about the new hospo being added to anfield rd, hopefully not too many new hospo seats get added to lower annie, would be shite

Nice idea but it’d be nice if the Kop joined in when the Road end start something. I used to have a Kop ST but now just get to a handful of games, usually in the main stand and I don’t think the atmosphere is that different but it is noticeable from the sides how chants from the Kop get picked up by everyone but chants from elsewhere don’t get picked up by the Kop - it’s not that you can’t hear it either.

A bit of playful rivalry between stands is good but it’s like we’ve actually got different factions amongst our support now and it’s pretty pathetic.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13377 on: November 8, 2022, 08:59:02 am »
Looking forward to the Madrid game be a cauldron that one, may well be all we have to play for by then. We will need a 2 goal lead.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #13378 on: November 8, 2022, 07:16:06 pm »

I really like this, and would support it. Though, I’m also really cynical, and think it’d be impossible to organise getting specific people in a specific area due to touting, U1 and U9 are supposed to be full of locals after all…

It would be brilliant if it happened, but a lot needs to be fixed on the ticketing side before anything like this can work.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13379 on: November 13, 2022, 06:10:40 pm »
Seemed slightly better yesterday for a Southampton 3pm kickoff in the position we are

I still find it slightly odd (some of) the lads who stand on the stairs in the 300s. A few of them do just want to stand with mates which is fair enough, but some of them just use Snapchat and smoke/vape/drink and have a chat for 90 minutes. They usually get more involved in bigger fixtures but it don’t help on others.
YNWA.

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13380 on: November 15, 2022, 02:49:36 pm »
That 2005 season was so special, still my favorite season, some proper atmospheres.
Obviously Chelsea is perhaps the best in our history, but Juventus and Olympiakos was massive as well.
Also the game against Everton in the spring was proper old school derby intensity, and the atmosphere against Arsenal (Mellors winner) was great as well.

Even though we were mostly shite that season, there was still this feeling of something new and special as it was Rafas first season in charge, and we had that mentality in the stands as well.
La Bamba chant was so good as well, and the start of Ring of Fire.

Unreal that season when you think back on it, almost as a cheesy movie script since we were struggling so much in the league, but then you have that Olympiakos game with Gerrards winner (which is arguably top3 goals in our history based on what later happened). And then the run against Leverkusen and Juventus and then that semi against Chelsea, probably never been so much anticipation before a game at Anfield.

The rivalry with Chelsea that season (and 1-2 seasons after) was arguably bigger than it ever was against United actually, they played their villain part perfectly with Abramovich and Mourinho and their fans. Never seen Anfield so up for a game before or after.

Could argue the atmosphere was better then as we were under dogs and going further in the new Champions league format than ever before stirred everyone on. The last few years we have been spoilt really and only have a few teams that could live with us.

Offline sonofkenny

• Kopite
« Reply #13381 on: November 15, 2022, 02:54:05 pm »
There is no new hosp on the lower tier, all on the upper.

Offline bossjon

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13382 on: December 1, 2022, 02:30:09 pm »
Could argue the atmosphere was better then as we were under dogs and going further in the new Champions league format than ever before stirred everyone on. The last few years we have been spoilt really and only have a few teams that could live with us.

Definitely a big part of it, and I think the demographic (and society in general with iphones etc) in the stadium has changed in a way that's not favorable in terms of creating an intimidating atmosphere.
You just have to see the pictures of the reception Rooney, Mourinho or Neville got at Anfield in 2005 compared to recent years.

Also I came to think about the old Main Stand, although it wasn´t loud for most games and a lot of old people in it was a very tight and compact stand. I think the closeness to the pitch and the way the noise transcended from the Kop into it made it a really intimidating and loud when we were up for it. Although the current main stand has twice the size and fans in it, it doesn't feel as loud as the old stand if you ask me (although there are probably more people "up for it" in the new stand as well). Also feels like the noise from the Kop doesnt seem to transcend in the same way, often feels like there is often a bit of gap and mismatch singing during YNWA and FOAR for example between the stands.

It is something with these old compact stands that makes the sound really loud and intimidating, like the old main stand or Goodison, you can almost feel the whole stand vibrate.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13383 on: December 1, 2022, 10:39:15 pm »
you can almost feel the whole stand vibrate.
Brian Moore: “The whole stand shaking here at Anfield”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9B26fXTj4c
:)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #13384 on: December 2, 2022, 12:15:03 am »
Brian Moore: “The whole stand shaking here at Anfield”
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R9B26fXTj4c
:)
That's Gerald Sinstadt on commentary.

Nothing ever beat that night on the Spion Kop for me. It was amazing.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #13385 on: December 2, 2022, 07:03:36 am »
That's Gerald Sinstadt on commentary.

Nothing ever beat that night on the Spion Kop for me. It was amazing.
So it is! As I was typing Brian M I was doubting it was him. Similar voice to Gerald but you’re absolutely right.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #13386 on: December 2, 2022, 02:19:53 pm »
Is this the most crying thread on the internet? :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13387 on: December 4, 2022, 05:26:19 pm »
I think the closeness to the pitch and the way the noise transcended from the Kop into it made it a really intimidating and loud when we were up for it. Although the current main stand has twice the size and fans in it, it doesn't feel as loud as the old stand if you ask me (although there are probably more people "up for it" in the new stand as well). Also feels like the noise from the Kop doesnt seem to transcend in the same way, often feels like there is often a bit of gap and mismatch singing during YNWA and FOAR for example between the stands.

It is something with these old compact stands that makes the sound really loud and intimidating, like the old main stand or Goodison, you can almost feel the whole stand vibrate.

I don’t know why this annoys me so much but it does.
Everyone out of sync sort of loses any intensity about it for some reason.
Must be someone clever who can give the technical reason as to why.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13388 on: December 5, 2022, 05:02:36 pm »
Nice idea but it’d be nice if the Kop joined in when the Road end start something. I used to have a Kop ST but now just get to a handful of games, usually in the main stand and I don’t think the atmosphere is that different but it is noticeable from the sides how chants from the Kop get picked up by everyone but chants from elsewhere don’t get picked up by the Kop - it’s not that you can’t hear it either.

A bit of playful rivalry between stands is good but it’s like we’ve actually got different factions amongst our support now and it’s pretty pathetic.

Anny Road, Anny Road, give us a song....
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13389 on: December 7, 2022, 08:59:03 pm »
Anny Road, Anny Road, give us a song....

Kopites are gobshites…….
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline bennoman57

• Kemlynite
« Reply #13390 on: December 11, 2022, 01:15:06 am »
I can remember a few matches in the old days when the Anny Road were louder than the Kop.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #13391 on: January 21, 2023, 09:15:27 pm »
Can't believe this thread has been so quiet for so long. I gave up my ticket today to mate who is back home from abroad for a couple of weeks. He ain't be for few years so I did honourable thing. I ended up in away end after Chelsea mate got me ticket. Was interesting. And embarrassing. Even Chelsea fans couldn't be bothered to to sing where's your famous atmosphere etc.  That was as bad as I can remember.  Anfield these days really holds no fear for opposition. Something has to happen. And I don't buy that crap that team must give us something to cheer about.  We have to get behind them first.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13392 on: January 21, 2023, 09:22:40 pm »
Can't believe this thread has been so quiet for so long. I gave up my ticket today to mate who is back home from abroad for a couple of weeks. He ain't be for few years so I did honourable thing. I ended up in away end after Chelsea mate got me ticket. Was interesting. And embarrassing. Even Chelsea fans couldn't be bothered to to sing where's your famous atmosphere etc.  That was as bad as I can remember.  Anfield these days really holds no fear for opposition. Something has to happen. And I don't buy that crap that team must give us something to cheer about.  We have to get behind them first.

Early kick off, freezing cold temperatures, team playing shite, owners who won't back the manager, another injury crisis - no ingredients there for much atmosphere.

Hopefully things will align for the derby/Madrid first leg,
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline TwitterJayy

• Kopite
« Reply #13393 on: January 21, 2023, 09:33:46 pm »
Early kick off, freezing cold temperatures, team playing shite, owners who won't back the manager, another injury crisis - no ingredients there for much atmosphere.

Hopefully things will align for the derby/Madrid first leg,
Those two games should be bouncing…

Could be the last derby for a while, if we don’t wind them up over kenwright and co then we’ve failed ourselves. And the CL could be our last chance to save our season.

Please hope there isn’t many tourists for either game but £££ talks.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13394 on: January 21, 2023, 09:58:45 pm »

Can never understand why someone would go into the away end amongat vermin like them unless it's a league decider or final, each to their own though.

You are dead right on your last point!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2023, 10:04:26 pm by DangerScouse »

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
« Reply #13395 on: January 21, 2023, 09:59:42 pm »
There's always tourists around doing nothing but filming and taking selfies but today there seemed to be way more than usual around my seat. Not one single world was uttered by any of them, but then again the old arses next to me who never say anything ever have been ST holders for donkeys so not fair to fully blame tourists.

And who ever that loudmouth moaning Irish prick was in the lower Kenny today, please never come back to that seat ever again. Go and piss off everyone somewhere else.
"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13396 on: January 22, 2023, 12:18:32 am »
Those two games should be bouncing…

Could be the last derby for a while, if we don’t wind them up over kenwright and co then we’ve failed ourselves. And the CL could be our last chance to save our season.

Please hope there isn’t many tourists for either game but £££ talks.

It was alright for about 10 minutes into the second half in the kop, other than that it was awful really. Really miss being a kid when the ground was always bouncing in these big games.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #13397 on: January 22, 2023, 12:31:54 am »
There were some good atmospheres last season. Man Utd and Wolves are two obvious ones. The Arsenal game was good as well after Arteta acted the twat. I’m sure there were others but they are the games that stick out from the ones I managed to get to.

I think there’s a mix of nervousness, largely caused by not really believing what we’re watching after being largely spoilt for the past 5/6 years, and perhaps an increase in people there to sample the atmosphere rather than be a part of it. Maybe more regulars are giving up their tickets or not attending as often during the current plight.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13398 on: January 22, 2023, 09:33:16 am »
There were some good atmospheres last season. Man Utd and Wolves are two obvious ones. The Arsenal game was good as well after Arteta acted the twat. I’m sure there were others but they are the games that stick out from the ones I managed to get to.

I think there’s a mix of nervousness, largely caused by not really believing what we’re watching after being largely spoilt for the past 5/6 years, and perhaps an increase in people there to sample the atmosphere rather than be a part of it. Maybe more regulars are giving up their tickets or not attending as often during the current plight.
a 4 nil win against our biggest rivals to take us top and a game on the last day of the season where for 80 minutes we looked like we might win the league. Any football ground in the world would have a good atmosphere in those scenarios.

Anfield is a myth now and everyone knows it. We can go on about Barcelona as much as we like but, again, it was a champions league semi final that we came from 3 nil down to win. It's not unique that we managed to be loud and intimidating on that occasion. I live abroad now and the last time I managed to watch a game at Anfield was Watford last season. Early game to take us top and it was horrendous there.

We say stuff like when the team needs us we are there, referring to Barcelona, Dortmund, Chelsea 05 and 07 etc. We helped the team on those nights 100%. Again though, in quite easy contexts to get up for. The team badly needs us right now more than most times in the last six or seven years and what do we offer them? A half arsed poor Scouser Tommy on the 2nd minute of every game, boos for the national anthem and a scripted smatter of fuck the tories any time the opposition sing anything negative about us. We're utterly lost as a fanbase.

I don't even think it's the tourist thing necessarily. The tourists are still there for the big games it's just everyone's up for it more. Many possible reasons have been given and I think it's a huge mixture of loads of different things. What we can't hide behind is "ah it's freezing cold and we're playing shit". The claim is that we lift the team when we need them. At the moment all we are capable of doing is singing when we're winning and even then it's only if the team we're winning against is United, City, Everton or a European giant.

Offline RedBec1993

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13399 on: January 22, 2023, 01:52:42 pm »
a 4 nil win against our biggest rivals to take us top and a game on the last day of the season where for 80 minutes we looked like we might win the league. Any football ground in the world would have a good atmosphere in those scenarios.

Anfield is a myth now and everyone knows it. We can go on about Barcelona as much as we like but, again, it was a champions league semi final that we came from 3 nil down to win. It's not unique that we managed to be loud and intimidating on that occasion. I live abroad now and the last time I managed to watch a game at Anfield was Watford last season. Early game to take us top and it was horrendous there.

We say stuff like when the team needs us we are there, referring to Barcelona, Dortmund, Chelsea 05 and 07 etc. We helped the team on those nights 100%. Again though, in quite easy contexts to get up for. The team badly needs us right now more than most times in the last six or seven years and what do we offer them? A half arsed poor Scouser Tommy on the 2nd minute of every game, boos for the national anthem and a scripted smatter of fuck the tories any time the opposition sing anything negative about us. We're utterly lost as a fanbase.

I don't even think it's the tourist thing necessarily. The tourists are still there for the big games it's just everyone's up for it more. Many possible reasons have been given and I think it's a huge mixture of loads of different things. What we can't hide behind is "ah it's freezing cold and we're playing shit". The claim is that we lift the team when we need them. At the moment all we are capable of doing is singing when we're winning and even then it's only if the team we're winning against is United, City, Everton or a European giant.

There were some good ones last season but nothing like it was when I was a kid, semi final against Chelsea in 2005, the best atmosphere I’ve ever experienced. Comeback against Dortmund in 2016, that’s up there too. It’s a shame really because it’s gotten really down hill. It’s something we used to pride ourselves on the anfield atmosphere. There’s been lots of games in recent times where I’ve said how embarrassing the atmosphere is. The best for me this season was the very back of 306, but obviously that doesn’t filter anywhere.