Author Topic: Spain 82  (Read 38772 times)

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Spain 82
« Reply #80 on: July 5, 2022, 01:43:13 pm »
That was the toe-poke, wasn't it?
That hurts!!

https://youtu.be/b_qAyKtoUs4

You can find the Brazil goals yourself.
 :)
 ::) ??? :( :'(
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: July 5, 2022, 01:52:21 pm »
I wasn't really around for any of them but objectively, the three best tournaments have to be 1970, 1986 and 1982, right? Great teams, great matches and great players actually turning up.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: July 6, 2022, 02:05:56 am »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1sAM4-1LHc

schumacher is the worst piece of crap ever ...
Shithouse, Battiston broke 3 ribs, lost several teeth and was actually in a coma, did Schumacher receive any kind of a retrospective punishment?, you'd imagine he'd be looking at a 6 month suspension nowadays, just disgusting.

Offline The_Nomad

• Kopite
« Reply #83 on: July 6, 2022, 07:48:04 am »
That Brazil ‘82 team though. I watched the match with Italy with my dad. I was 13. Broke my heart. 😢
Good Judgement Comes From Experience, Unfortunately Experience Comes From Bad Judgement.

Offline Oldmanmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: July 6, 2022, 10:43:08 am »
That Brazil ‘82 team though. I watched the match with Italy with my dad. I was 13. Broke my heart. 😢

I was 13 when the 1970 World Cup took place. My heart was broken when we let slip a 2-0 lead to West Germany in the Quarter Finals.

Watching Brazil win it though was more than adequate compensation. Greatest team I've ever seen in my lifetime.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #85 on: July 6, 2022, 01:13:25 pm »
'G'ole! : The Official 1982 World Cup Film' - narrated by Sean Connery, 98 minutes of pure old school footy:-

www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/watch/movie/ZU5G7eaVq1PNZNZWkSypT - free to watch; no sign-in or membership needed etc...

Comes up as Unavailable when I tried to watch, is that because I'm stateside?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #86 on: July 6, 2022, 02:40:07 pm »
Comes up as Unavailable when I tried to watch, is that because I'm stateside?

Could well be mate - a VPN pointing to the UK (and probably many other countries) should do the trick ;)

I think the Opera web browser still has a VPN built-in - could be a worth a go too.
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #87 on: July 6, 2022, 04:31:26 pm »
Could well be mate - a VPN pointing to the UK (and probably many other countries) should do the trick ;)

I think the Opera web browser still has a VPN built-in - could be a worth a go too.

Downloaded Opera, used Europe in the VPN, still not working. Cannot find any of the World Cup films on the FIFA site.

Does it work for you?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: July 6, 2022, 05:09:10 pm »
A theory is that your favourite World Cup is the first one after your 10th birthday... It's correct in my case.

for me that would be 78 (which I adored) but for me 82 and 86 were better. The only other that really got to me since then was 2006 in Germany.

I do think there is something in it though about the young brain. Also there is a time zone factor too, I cannot enjoy football at odd hours (apart from LFC of course).
« Last Edit: July 6, 2022, 05:10:47 pm by kavah »

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #89 on: July 6, 2022, 05:42:05 pm »
Downloaded Opera, used Europe in the VPN, still not working. Cannot find any of the World Cup films on the FIFA site.

Does it work for you?

Weird - they are working fine for me mate - all of them.

Maybe different links for you lot stateside? Try this mate - https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus (and then looking for the 'official world cup films')

If they're not working, there are links to all of the official World Cup films... by unofficial means... on the previous page:-

www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254153.msg18407405#msg18407405

« Last Edit: July 14, 2022, 07:36:43 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #90 on: July 6, 2022, 07:56:12 pm »
I wasn't really around for any of them but objectively, the three best tournaments have to be 1970, 1986 and 1982, right? Great teams, great matches and great players actually turning up.
The Mexican ones definitely, but I don’t think 1982 belongs with them.  Objectively I think 1998 is probably the third best, maybe 2018 as a dark horse.  Actually 1954 must’ve been a real banger.

Never seen a ranking of world cups now I think about it.  I’m going to be distracted by that all night.

Offline Booze And Glory

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: September 7, 2022, 12:49:49 pm »
Amazing that Spain hasn't hosted a major tournament since 1982.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #92 on: September 7, 2022, 04:09:27 pm »
A theory is that your favourite World Cup is the first one after your 10th birthday... It's correct in my case.

In my case, my first world cup after my 10th birthday, was the 86 world cup, & the 86 world cup definitely is one of the best world cups, even without that theory. ;D
#Sausages

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #93 on: September 7, 2022, 04:12:33 pm »
In my case, my first world cup after my 10th birthday, was the 86 world cup, & the 86 world cup definitely is one of the best world cups, even without that theory. ;D
Usa 94 for me

na, doesnt work
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR