Author Topic: The Stadium Tour  (Read 36206 times)

Offline PaulD

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
  • Some things are more important .......
Re: The Stadium Tour
« Reply #80 on: January 22, 2022, 01:05:09 pm »

just been with my grandson - it's top class!

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #81 on: January 22, 2022, 07:33:49 pm »
Highly recommended, I did it a couple of months ago. The tour guide we had was excellent aswell, friendly, knowledgeable and good sense of humour.  Don’t think you can do it on match day.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: January 22, 2022, 08:05:05 pm »
Anyone been on the match day tour? Is it any good? I'm bringing my lad up in February and want to do a tour too for him. I don't know if match day would be better or the day after?

Would check with the club first but I think on match day some of the stuff you’d see on a non match day tour is closed off. Museum is open as there’s always loads hanging around there.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: January 22, 2022, 08:31:45 pm »
Are they doing them again then along with the museum tours?

Both were on my to do list 2yrs ago as part of my 60th birthday year of celebrations as well as being in the City when our league win was confirmed and for the Parade in May but everything got cancelled due to covid.

Maybe I need to start getting stuff booked again or is that tempting fate after last time 😂

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2022, 07:10:51 am »
Are they doing them again then along with the museum tours?

Both were on my to do list 2yrs ago as part of my 60th birthday year of celebrations as well as being in the City when our league win was confirmed and for the Parade in May but everything got cancelled due to covid.

Maybe I need to start getting stuff booked again or is that tempting fate after last time 😂
I done the tour two weeks ago, highly recommended, first time ever at Anfield, the museum tour was included, if you buy your ticket early you can do the museum at your leisure prior to the stadium tour, enjoy

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2022, 08:08:06 pm »
Thanks for the responses. Much appreciated.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 25, 2022, 08:42:31 pm »
I done the tour two weeks ago, highly recommended, first time ever at Anfield, the museum tour was included, if you buy your ticket early you can do the museum at your leisure prior to the stadium tour, enjoy

Thanks for that mate.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 7, 2022, 07:23:08 pm »
Does anyone know how long the tours take please?

I was going to combine doing one with needing to go into the city for the bank until Paul brought up what we do with the dogs. 

Obviously I don't want to leave them in the car too long but I could always go on my own and let Paul take them round Stanley Park 😁

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #88 on: February 7, 2022, 07:36:08 pm »
Does anyone know how long the tours take please?

I was going to combine doing one with needing to go into the city for the bank until Paul brought up what we do with the dogs. 

Obviously I don't want to leave them in the car too long but I could always go on my own and let Paul take them round Stanley Park 😁

https://faq.liverpoolfc.com/portal/en/kb/articles/mt-taa-how-long-does-the-new-lfc-stadium-tour-last

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
  • Doubters into believers
« Reply #90 on: May 24, 2022, 06:39:37 pm »
I did the tour a few months back, just a word of warning to anyone going on it if it was the same as mine. We got to a green-screen photo set-up of the premier league trophy and a European cup on the concourse within the main stand. That league trophy was the replica that the club have, so don't make the mistake I made in thinking that if there was a Euro cup there then they must have a league trophy in the museum too - they don't, that's it, so if you want pics, take them then, or pay for one professionally done right there (you collect and pay at the end...in the museum, only if you like it) as you won't be able to go back to it. This fact wasn't pointed out to us on the tour so we all bypassed it.  :butt
The trophy should really be in the museum.

I've done the tour a couple of times now and think the club is definitely missing a bit of a trick with the lack of silverware on show given all we've won. I think we have five trophies aside from the six big ears (one league cup, one UEFA cup, one world club cup, one old league trophy and one super cup). I'd love it to be a bit more of a silver-fest  :lickin

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: May 24, 2022, 06:52:51 pm »
Also, meant to ask: does anyone know why our most recent European cup is the same size as the real one? I thought they had to be a certain size difference to the original, like the others that are miles bigger?

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #92 on: May 24, 2022, 08:31:07 pm »
I did the tour a few months back, just a word of warning to anyone going on it if it was the same as mine. We got to a green-screen photo set-up of the premier league trophy and a European cup on the concourse within the main stand. That league trophy was the replica that the club have, so don't make the mistake I made in thinking that if there was a Euro cup there then they must have a league trophy in the museum too - they don't, that's it, so if you want pics, take them then, or pay for one professionally done right there (you collect and pay at the end...in the museum, only if you like it) as you won't be able to go back to it. This fact wasn't pointed out to us on the tour so we all bypassed it.  :butt
The trophy should really be in the museum.

I've done the tour a couple of times now and think the club is definitely missing a bit of a trick with the lack of silverware on show given all we've won. I think we have five trophies aside from the six big ears (one league cup, one UEFA cup, one world club cup, one old league trophy and one super cup). I'd love it to be a bit more of a silver-fest  :lickin

Thought this the last time I went. If it was up to me I'd have replicas of every single trophy we've won, but we'd probably need a bigger museum then  ;D - I'd imagine that's relatively common for most clubs, though bare in mind most have won far less than us.

On the European Cups, I think it's a bit strange how the first 4 are that massive. Can't see why they aren't all the same size as I believe they once were before they last re-modelled it. Thought it was a bit jarring, to be honest. Seeing them all is very impressive but I couldn't help but thinking they could have displayed them a bit better. I know at AC Milan they have a room dedicated to their European Cups, would be nice if we had the same but similar to what I said above it's probably hard in limited space. It'd be lovely if they had to make space for a new addition in the next few days  8) ...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 08:32:43 pm by disgraced cake »
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
« Reply #93 on: May 24, 2022, 08:41:47 pm »
Yeah space is definitely something that would need yet more building work for a silver-fest to be accomodated, but the whole museum feels too small and not in keeping with LFC for me.
We do have a 'room' dedicated to the European cups now and the display is better than it used to be with the 2005 trophy on a plinth of its own. That set-up is nice now, nowt wrong with that bit, it's the rest that needs a re-jig.

Offline 77kop05

• Anny Roader
« Reply #94 on: July 14, 2022, 09:20:26 pm »
Taking the family over for the Newcastle game and was thinking of doing the tour again. Was just wondering do they have the FA cup and League cup on display for a photo op ?

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
« Reply #95 on: July 15, 2022, 10:08:00 am »
There wasn't an FA cup when I went in March, though that may have changed since, so maybe worth sending an email to ask what set-up they have now. We've had a league cup in the museum for years, so yeah you can get a photo next to that in its case, but it's not the same as the photo opportunities you can get with the premier league trophy and european cup with the green screen behind you. They've changed the photo ops a few times in recent years so check with the club what they're doing in this regard at the minute.

Personally, I'd like the club to do a showcasing of the trophies won more like they have at the training ground.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: July 15, 2022, 04:57:24 pm »
Taking the family over for the Newcastle game and was thinking of doing the tour again. Was just wondering do they have the FA cup and League cup on display for a photo op ?

Couldn't find anything on the Offical website about them, they are offering photos with the PL and CL trophies, think they were about £25
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline El_Frank

• Main Stander
« Reply #97 on: July 17, 2022, 09:56:03 am »
I think for a single photo it was £15 but multiple ones up to £25.

But 77kop05, heed what I said above about them being on the tour route for the green screen photo op, and NOT in the museum.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #98 on: July 17, 2022, 10:50:51 am »
I did the tour last week. They have the league cup on display in the museum but not the FA cup

You can get a photo with the Premier league and Champions league trophies if you do the stadium tour

It's £15 for 1, £20 for 2 and £25 for 3 (if you pay for the 3 you get a digital copy of the photos as well)

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #99 on: July 19, 2022, 04:38:50 pm »
I did the tour last week. They have the league cup on display in the museum but not the FA cup

You can get a photo with the Premier league and Champions league trophies if you do the stadium tour

It's £15 for 1, £20 for 2 and £25 for 3 (if you pay for the 3 you get a digital copy of the photos as well)
Interesting as they had the seperate photo opps for League Cup when we won it but they haven't done anything for the FA Cup
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline mjoymc110

• Boys Pen
    • Liverpool Live Streaming
« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2022, 04:02:52 pm »
never been there but always wish to be  ::)

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #101 on: November 30, 2022, 05:54:53 pm »
Did the tour at the end of August when in Liverpool on cricket tour, I did the old tour about 8 years ago so prior to the Main Stand being erected.

Personally I preferred the old tour to the new one as you had a local lad taking you round and talking to you about it giving stories about the old days and so on.

The modern one was much more impersonal, you pretty much went round your self with minimal interaction with the stadium staff and all the commentary was automated via headphones. Some of the elder members of the tour party struggled to keep up with the video and headphones.

You can't beat the human touch in my opinion
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline SvenJohansen

• Fast single-handed action expert.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2022, 10:33:16 pm »
I got a gift of the VIP Anfield Experience for my 50th in September. Myself and the missus are going. We're going in March the day Liverpool are playing Bournemouth away. I can't fucking wait!! When I opened my present I nearly had an emotion. I was in Anfield once in 2006 but never did the tour. Did I tell you I can't can't friggin' wait?
I feel a little strange inside
A little bit of Jekyll, a little Mr. Hyde

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #103 on: December 1, 2022, 04:34:04 pm »
Did the tour at the end of August when in Liverpool on cricket tour, I did the old tour about 8 years ago so prior to the Main Stand being erected.

Personally I preferred the old tour to the new one as you had a local lad taking you round and talking to you about it giving stories about the old days and so on.

The modern one was much more impersonal, you pretty much went round your self with minimal interaction with the stadium staff and all the commentary was automated via headphones. Some of the elder members of the tour party struggled to keep up with the video and headphones.

That’s disappointing to hear as it was not my experience at all.  Our guide a few months ago was very local, has been around the club for many years and had a great knowledge, sense of humour and lots of stories from the past 50 years.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline West Cork Red

• Main Stander
« Reply #104 on: December 2, 2022, 06:46:28 am »
That’s disappointing to hear as it was not my experience at all.  Our guide a few months ago was very local, has been around the club for many years and had a great knowledge, sense of humour and lots of stories from the past 50 years.
Same as when I done the tour last year, guide was local and very good, took as much time as needed to see everything, couldnt have asked for a better one

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #105 on: February 2, 2023, 09:43:17 pm »
Thought this the last time I went. If it was up to me I'd have replicas of every single trophy we've won, but we'd probably need a bigger museum then  ;D - I'd imagine that's relatively common for most clubs, though bare in mind most have won far less than us.

On the European Cups, I think it's a bit strange how the first 4 are that massive. Can't see why they aren't all the same size as I believe they once were before they last re-modelled it. Thought it was a bit jarring, to be honest. Seeing them all is very impressive but I couldn't help but thinking they could have displayed them a bit better. I know at AC Milan they have a room dedicated to their European Cups, would be nice if we had the same but similar to what I said above it's probably hard in limited space. It'd be lovely if they had to make space for a new addition in the next few days  8) ...
Someone let Everton know, they measured up for the larger ones.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: February 24, 2023, 02:52:36 pm »
Anyone done a matchday tour recently? Does it include a photo opportunity with the League/European Cup trophies?

Info on the site for normal tours mention it has this, but the matchday tour doesn't mention it.

Is the main difference just the changing rooms and press area on a matchday aren't included?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 27, 2023, 05:54:49 pm »
Anyone done a matchday tour recently? Does it include a photo opportunity with the League/European Cup trophies?

Info on the site for normal tours mention it has this, but the matchday tour doesn't mention it.

The answer to this is yes, it gives the option to add it at checkout.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: May 4, 2023, 12:12:24 am »
Done a recent tour, different from the old ones as others have noted, just more of a self guided thing now but enjoyed seeing the dressing rooms etc.

One thing that did surprise me as we were with two Brazilian friends was there was no portuguese translation for the audio guide. Another two Brazilians we met on the same tour were surprised also.

One of the biggest spoken languages, footy mad nation not to mention the amount of Brazilians in the team that drive tourists from Brazil here.

If they want to do a self guided audio tour then I’d have thought stumping up a meagre amount to have scripts read in Portuguese and some other popular languages isn’t much to expect.

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #109 on: September 4, 2023, 07:39:08 am »
CLUBLFC's Anfield stadium tour recognised as Tripadvisor award winner

PUBLISHED 26TH AUGUST 2023
By Liverpool FC
Facebook
Twitter
Email
WhatsApp
LinkedIn
Telegram
Liverpool FC's stadium tour has been recognised by Tripadvisor as a 2023 Travelers' Choice award winner, for placing in the top 10 per cent of worldwide attractions.

This is the second year running that the stadium tour at Anfield has received this coveted award, which celebrates attractions that have consistently received excellent reviews on Tripadvisor during the last 12 months.

The LFC stadium tour, which is fully accessible, allows visitors to go behind the scenes inside one of the world’s most iconic and historic stadiums. Guests can choose to take a guided tour with a knowledgeable tour guide on hand to answer any questions or can opt for a self-guided tour available in 12 languages, including British Sign Language.

Whichever option they choose, visitors will enjoy a side to Anfield they have never seen before, with access to the state-of-the-art home dressing room, epic views of the pitch and city landscape from the top of the Main Stand, a chance to practise your interview technique in the press room, and much more.

“We are absolutely delighted to be receiving the Tripadvisor Travelers’ Choice award for the second year running,” said Paul Cuttill, senior vice-president for stadium operations at LFC.

“This is a particularly special award to us as it is based on real reviews from people who have visited and enjoyed the experience. All of our stadium staff work incredibly hard all year round to ensure that each one of our guests can experience the magic of Anfield when they visit.

“It is a real honour to see that the reviews on Tripadvisor reflect this hard work and demonstrate how much people enjoy the Anfield experience.”

To find out more about the LFC stadium tour, and other experiences available at Anfield, visit https://www.liverpoolfc.com/stadium-tours.
PUBLISHED 26TH AUGUST 2023

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Numquam Solum Ambulabis
« Reply #110 on: November 5, 2023, 09:53:45 pm »

Lifetime dream come true to visit Liverpool and Anfield with some friends on a football holiday last week. Stayed at The Dixie Dean Hotel, saw the derby and then did the Anfield tour on the Sunday. My friend's are Chelsea fans so we also went down to London and did a tour of Stamford Bridge as well.

I have to say, despite how much of a joy it was to touch the This is Anfield sign and sit on the Kop and all the rest, the self-guided tour was so disappointing, especially since my friends don't follow the club. Having the chance to compare it to the Stamford Bridge tour especially, which had a 30 minute film before the guided tour, and a club steward giving the tour, plus fun things like a 40 second delay tunnel cam, really emphasized how lacking the Anfield tour really is.
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

The magic is in the melody.

Offline 18 yard line

• Anny Roader
  • Northern Ireland Red!
« Reply #111 on: November 5, 2023, 10:01:24 pm »
Didn’t you have the option of a guided tour? I did this about a year ago, the local guide was superb and added so much to the experience.
Northern Ireland Red!

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: November 5, 2023, 10:03:00 pm »
Do you mean the stadium tour or the museum part? There's always been someone on the stadium tour for me. Things must have changed in the last couple of years.

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #113 on: November 5, 2023, 10:10:21 pm »
Do you mean the stadium tour or the museum part? There's always been someone on the stadium tour for me. Things must have changed in the last couple of years.

Yes as the last few posts allude to, it's all a self guided tour now. Maybe they will bring back guides when the Anfield Road end is done? But having the guy from The Walking Dead give the tour through tiny throwaway headphones, especially when with friends too, was just a huge disappointment.

Our guide at Stamford Bridge was a match day steward, there was plenty of fun banter and commentary, and a full movie about the club to start the tour. At least have a film or something!
« Last Edit: November 5, 2023, 10:14:49 pm by Klopp-A-Delphia »
Please follow me on Twitter https://twitter.com/connorpatrick   or @ConnorPatrick

Offline Klopp-A-Delphia

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #114 on: November 5, 2023, 10:11:14 pm »
Didn’t you have the option of a guided tour? I did this about a year ago, the local guide was superb and added so much to the experience.

I checked after and didn't see any options for a guided tour.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: November 5, 2023, 10:13:51 pm »
Yes as the last few posts allude to, it's all a self guided tour now. Maybe they will bring back guides when the Anfield Road end is done? But having the guy from The Walking Dead give the tour through tiny throwaway headphones, especially when with friends too, was just a huge disappointment.

Our guide at Stamford Bridge was a match day steward, there was plenty of fun banter and commentary, and a full move about the club to start the tour. At least have a film or something!
That's a shame. As 18 yard line said, the guides have always been excellent whenever I've gone on the tour. Genuine knowledge and a love for all things LFC.

Offline seenitall

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool FC has the most knowledgeable supporters
« Reply #116 on: November 7, 2023, 06:01:41 pm »
Yes as the last few posts allude to, it's all a self guided tour now. Maybe they will bring back guides when the Anfield Road end is done?

This is totally incorrect. LFC has both free flow (self guided) and guide led tours. It depends on the numbers booking in on a particular date. At weekends when the Reds are at home, days before and after European games and during school holidays, the numbers booking in are so high ( sometimes as high as 3,000 in a day) that free flow is the only option. During less busy periods ( below 1,000/day) guide led tours are available.
Both types of tours have their merits. Guide led tours with up to 50 people are more intimate and can involve good banter etc with the tour guide and last approximately 1hour 20 mins. On the other hand, free flow allows people to follow a predetermined route with a handset and tour guides positioned on route to assist and provide information and stories. Visitors can go at their own pace.
Both types of tour are excellent.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #117 on: November 8, 2023, 03:38:51 pm »
Anyone know if there is a definitive list and map of all the Murals LFC related?

In town and around Anfield.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #118 on: November 8, 2023, 06:38:40 pm »
Anyone know if there is a definitive list and map of all the Murals LFC related?

In town and around Anfield.
This might be useful.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/06/every-liverpool-fc-mural-and-where-to-find-them-in-the-city/

I believe there is a new book out called 'The Art of LFC' which is said to feature the murals and also many of our banners. I've not seen the book myself yet, so can't vouch for how helpful that may be to you. I'll have a look at it in town tomorrow if I see it.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #119 on: November 9, 2023, 11:05:04 pm »
This might be useful.

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2023/06/every-liverpool-fc-mural-and-where-to-find-them-in-the-city/

I believe there is a new book out called 'The Art of LFC' which is said to feature the murals and also many of our banners. I've not seen the book myself yet, so can't vouch for how helpful that may be to you. I'll have a look at it in town tomorrow if I see it.

Ta mate. Will be going to see them all next March.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.