Author Topic: football training for kids  (Read 2792 times)

Offline mikek1984

• Peel 'ed. Property of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT RAT
Re: football training for kids
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2007, 03:59:17 am »
How did I know Kaizer would have posted in here?

I suggest offering them a spliff and/or alcoholic beverage as a reward. That's what they really want.

fuck yeahh son
I LIKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #41 on: January 19, 2007, 04:05:34 am »
fuck yeahh son
Hey you Mickey boy, shouldn't you be training for the eating contest?

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2022, 12:59:56 pm »
I sort of assumed that lots of RAWKites might be involved with Youth Football, but I had to bump a fifteen year old thread to ask a question.

Is anyone else involved in youth football coaching? My son started playing for an under tens team this summer and I am interested in comparing notes and sharing training suggestions. Anyone else giving up their spare time to help out with a local club?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2022, 01:18:56 pm »
I sort of assumed that lots of RAWKites might be involved with Youth Football, but I had to bump a fifteen year old thread to ask a question.

Is anyone else involved in youth football coaching? My son started playing for an under tens team this summer and I am interested in comparing notes and sharing training suggestions. Anyone else giving up their spare time to help out with a local club?

It's my job, stateside...

And we do have a bit of a circle on these boards...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254391.0  ;)
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2022, 01:18:59 pm »

I hope you have a supportive partner.  Once you start getting involved it chews up so much time.  Training, matches, socials, awards nights.  Planning for training and matches can take over your life.
But it's hugely rewarding.  I've not been involved for years now, but if I had my time again. I'd look carefully at the balance between having fun and winning (unfortunately there is a link, nobody likes always losing).  Make sure your goalkeeper is loved.
There's billions of drills on the internet . Find ones appropriate to the abilities of the players and make sure you keep making them progressively harder to keep them engaged.

--edit , oops, just seen afc turkishe's reply.  PAGES of Rawk wisdom. Obviously they just didn't want to invite me into it :)  --
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2022, 01:21:43 pm »

I'm not, but when my lad was at Citys Academy, I spoke to PoP for some advice and he gave me these links to coaching books he used

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Dribbler-Peter-Schreiner/dp/1890946281/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1527857653&sr=1-7&keywords=peter+schreiner

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dribbling-Technique-Skill-U6-Awareness/dp/1535443472/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1527857999&sr=1-1&keywords=dribbling

There was also a link to some solo drills that sadly no longer works. I'll see if I can find the PDF on my old laptop and if so I'll get it to you
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2022, 01:46:45 pm »
It's my job, stateside...

And we do have a bit of a circle on these boards...

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=254391.0  ;)

Magic, thanks! I will wade through the thread.

I hope you have a supportive partner.  Once you start getting involved it chews up so much time.  Training, matches, socials, awards nights.  Planning for training and matches can take over your life.
But it's hugely rewarding.  I've not been involved for years now, but if I had my time again. I'd look carefully at the balance between having fun and winning (unfortunately there is a link, nobody likes always losing).  Make sure your goalkeeper is loved.
There's billions of drills on the internet . Find ones appropriate to the abilities of the players and make sure you keep making them progressively harder to keep them engaged.

--edit , oops, just seen afc turkishe's reply.  PAGES of Rawk wisdom. Obviously they just didn't want to invite me into it :)  --

I can see how easily that can happen, the main coach for the team is swamped.

I'm not, but when my lad was at Citys Academy, I spoke to PoP for some advice and he gave me these links to coaching books he used

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Creative-Dribbler-Peter-Schreiner/dp/1890946281/ref=sr_1_7?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1527857653&sr=1-7&keywords=peter+schreiner

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dribbling-Technique-Skill-U6-Awareness/dp/1535443472/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1527857999&sr=1-1&keywords=dribbling

There was also a link to some solo drills that sadly no longer works. I'll see if I can find the PDF on my old laptop and if so I'll get it to you

Cheers - there is * so much* material available that it is difficult to know where to begin.

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2022, 02:44:08 pm »
Magic, thanks! I will wade through the thread.

I can see how easily that can happen, the main coach for the team is swamped.

Cheers - there is * so much* material available that it is difficult to know where to begin.

That's why I asked PoP - I thought if anyone knew where to look, it'd be him.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2022, 02:55:47 pm »
Just remember the three magic words: Run Dem Laps

Get them up Arthur’s Seat before breakfast and you won’t go far wrong.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2022, 04:52:04 pm »
Just remember the three magic words: Run Dem Laps

Get them up Arthur’s Seat before breakfast and you won’t go far wrong.

With U-6s, MichaelA should be getting them to press in the half spaces after a couple weeks, depending on how well his 7 and 11 deny the vertical ball and usher the play into the space to trap...

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2022, 09:36:29 pm »
I thought they were U10?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #51 on: November 25, 2022, 10:44:25 pm »
I thought they were U10?

If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #52 on: November 25, 2022, 10:51:46 pm »
If you’re good enough, you’re old enough.

So they're not UB40?