Author Topic: Road Rage  (Read 37908 times)

Offline Sir Harvest Fields

• And it burns, burns, burns, the ring of fire. Generally an all-round decent fella but owes a great debt to felines globally. And to Jim. Shine On, You Crazy Diamond. "Winston? Winston! WINSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Quicker Than Yngwie? Maybe!
Re: RAWK Road Rage Thread - Drivers, vent in 'ere
« Reply #120 on: September 6, 2017, 10:56:29 am »
twats who slam up the hard shoulder in a traffic jam. Wankers.
"Woe to you, Oh Earth and Sea, for the Devil sends the beast with wrath, because he knows the time is short...Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number, its number is Six hundred and sixty six."

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: September 6, 2017, 11:10:24 am »
GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE LANE. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING IN FRONT OF YOU IN THE INSIDE LANE SO FUCKING PULL IN YOU TIT.
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #122 on: September 6, 2017, 11:12:29 am »
Drivers with no lights on in the dark or who have full headlights on in bright sunshine - sort it out!
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #123 on: September 6, 2017, 11:13:37 am »
The twats who just have to get in front of everyone when 2 lanes merge into one, causing everyone to slam on their brakes in the process.

Offline Rich

• Kopite
  • RAWK Lurker
« Reply #124 on: September 6, 2017, 11:13:53 am »
People who sit in the fast lane of a dual carriageway because they are turning right... in 4 miles time.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #125 on: September 6, 2017, 11:17:32 am »
The idiots who form one line when they're still a mile from lanes merging, creating a massive tailback and then getting arsey when people do the sensible thing and use both lanes.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: September 6, 2017, 11:18:24 am »
And people who signal right at a roundabout when they're going straight on.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #127 on: September 6, 2017, 11:20:59 am »
The idiots who form one line when they're still a mile from lanes merging, creating a massive tailback and then getting arsey when people do the sensible thing and use both lanes.

And then get mad at those who drive to the rules of the road and are attempting to merge in.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: September 6, 2017, 11:32:53 am »
Being a dickhead about merging is a bad one, especially when it's the organic process where everyone is doing the "let one in, move on yourself" routine, which is best for everyone.

That said, I am a bad dickhead about merging when someone has jumped the queue massively. I basically have no qualms whatsoever about making sure I don't let them in front of me and I absolutely love the rare occasions when everyone in front and behind has seen the antics and doesn't let queue jumper in and they end up back where they started.

I do it Dan - it's the Highway Code and it makes everyone safer. If I could I'd get out and explain to everyone that they're causing an unnecessarily long tailback of stationary traffic up the road. Especially when there are police signs saying 'use both lanes'. 

The worst though are people who sit blocking a junction or a right turn so that people going the other way can't progress even though it's clear for them.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: September 6, 2017, 11:33:08 am »
People who drive off after knocking someone off their motor bike. That's what I seen this morning on the way to work. Chased the stupid c**t and got photos of his van, license plate, company etc. Amazing how much you can find out about someone from their digital footprint! Turned out the van had no tax or valid MOT, which also means no valid insurance, also got his name. Wanker, can't understand how someone can drive off after an accident like that.

Nothing like a bit of road rage testerone to get you through the morning!

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #130 on: September 6, 2017, 11:40:29 am »
Wankers on their phone whilst driving on the motorway (or anywhere obviously!). I was with the family the other day, driving down the M40, wife at the wheel in the middle lane (slight middle lane higher in fairness!), van on the inside lane starts veering towards the middle lane before correcting. Looked over as we drove past and the driver had his phone in hand. So fucking stupid, just puts others at risk.

It was probably Rhi posting on RAWK to complain about middle lane hogs actually. :D

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: September 6, 2017, 11:56:39 am »
Just to clarify I'm talking about those bellends who basically drive to the point where the cones have fully closed off the lane they are protecting and then try and cut in, just to get ahead of half a dozen cars.

This where the thread gets awks, as we find out this is exactly what Alan means by using both lanes...

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #132 on: September 6, 2017, 11:57:44 am »
It's not always about attempting to merge in though, it's the people who can't be arsed to queue behind 6 or so cars when they think they can get in front of people, it's just impatience.

When the arrow is already merged they come up at high speeds with the sole intention of getting their precious few car lengths ahead.

They then get stuck behind someone else and constantly have to brake, and then overtake and go straight on at the next junction even though it's right turn only.
« Last Edit: September 6, 2017, 12:00:08 pm by Frank Becton »

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #133 on: September 6, 2017, 11:58:22 am »
Did Dan just call an established Mod a bellend?

Wow.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #134 on: September 6, 2017, 12:02:44 pm »
Mini roundabouts that at small junctions it's impossible to actually go around it.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #135 on: September 6, 2017, 12:04:19 pm »
rob1966 will be all over this.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #136 on: September 6, 2017, 12:10:03 pm »
Oooh, gonna be spending a lot of time in this thread  :)

I've started doing an hour overtime before and after my shift if I'm on a 9-5, just to avoid the absolute stress of driving in rush hour. People refusing to use two lanes and merging further down the road, people blocking junctions, people with no comprehension of how and where to position themselves on a roundabout, people driving at 40MPH on a national speed limit road at half 8 in the morning, people jumping from lane to lane to lane when its pretty gridlocked. Eurgh.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: September 6, 2017, 12:14:21 pm »
GET OUT OF THE MIDDLE LANE. THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING IN FRONT OF YOU IN THE INSIDE LANE SO FUCKING PULL IN YOU TIT.
UK has got to be the worst for this, elsewhere in Europe they seem (not always!) to understand what to do.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #138 on: September 6, 2017, 12:16:13 pm »
Drivers who wind their windows down with music blasting out so all the street can hear it, probably the same one's who throw their food waste out of the window too.

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #139 on: September 6, 2017, 12:21:19 pm »
Those who drive 15 kms to fill up petrol at a tank station just because its 5c a liter cheaper.

Do your maths asswipe.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #140 on: September 6, 2017, 12:26:35 pm »
Don't know whether I want lorry drivers in my thread. I've seen them in their little pen at Keele services. Animals, animals I tell thee.

;D

Okay my turn... ;D

Lack of signalling is a major annoyance. It's almost like it's something some people feel isn't necessary anymore. Cyclists are just as bad for this, had a guy overtake me in slow moving traffic, move in front
between me and an accelerating car in front, no idea if he was going to move back in to the left or was intending to stay in the middle of the road, I left plenty of distance, when suddenly he spotted a gap in oncoming traffic and swerved sharply off to his right down an adjacent path. No simple arm out or signal of intention or anything. See knobhead antics like this all the time.
Roundabouts are just comically tragic for how many just don't know how to negotiate a simple situation.

Blatantly going through red lights - some drivers are so blasé about doing this it's frightening. Like sheep they'll follow the car in front who has just made it through as amber turned to red.

As mentioned above and we've all seen it - driving with mobile phones despite there being an increased fine and points being introduced, it's still not deterring people enough.

People littering from their cars, most noticeably with cigarette butts. I was stopped in stationary traffic at lights and saw a woman beside me nonchalantly drop her cig end out the window
as if it was nothing. If the lights hadn't changed at the moment I was very tempted to get out and throw it back in her window the ignorant cow.

People with no judgement - driving home yesterday, had a woman drive her Merc SUV down the middle of the road with half the car on my side because she was passing parked cars, despite
the fact a bus could pass by without having to encroach over the white lines, nearly struck me. Completely oblivious. See it all the time. Just sheer incompetence. }
Or on the other hand when you are on a narrow road and the obstruction (say of parked cars etc)  is on the opposite side with your route ahead clear only for the c*nt who should give away and slow to wait for a safe gap to proceed, to speed up and force you to stop while they advance without even a wave of apology or thanks. Tossers.

Queue skippers, people who can't join motorways properly, those who speed excessively in built up areas, aggressive tailgaters and lane changers.

Drivers who almost stand on the brakes when they see a speed camera rather than just simply slowing to an appropriate speed before they get there if they're over the limit.

Those and all the other annoying ones mentioned above - wankers!   

And breathe...   :wave
« Last Edit: September 6, 2017, 12:28:26 pm by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: September 6, 2017, 12:29:11 pm »
Did Dan just call an established Mod a bellend?

Wow.

I've been called far worse.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #142 on: September 6, 2017, 12:30:30 pm »
I was just attempting to wind up Dan, and failing miserably by the looks of it!

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: September 6, 2017, 12:36:56 pm »
People who drive/cycle the wrong way down a one way street are annoying. I grew up on such a street and I'm surprised that I never heard of anyone being injured because someone going the right way from a busy main road crashed into them.

Offline Rhi

• Rhisuscitated
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: September 6, 2017, 12:40:55 pm »
People that over-take you then slow down. :no
“Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say 'We're Liverpool'.” - Bill Shankly

Offline Alan_X

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #145 on: September 6, 2017, 12:41:41 pm »
Second clarification, no, no I didn't.

It's these people I'm on about:

This is what I'm on about:

The signs say 'use both lanes' when queuing and then 'merge in turn' as the two lanes merge. If people can't use their common sense to 'use both lanes' and insist on forming a queue twice the length it needs to be then I'll follow the signs and use the lane I'm already in until it's appropriate to merge.

It's not to gain the few minutes (or more likely seconds) that might come from being a few places ahead in the queue. It's to avoid an unnecessarily long tailback into fast moving traffic. The worst I've seen is when the single lane of slow moving/stationary traffic is queuing back beyond the first signs.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #146 on: September 6, 2017, 12:55:25 pm »
People who don't use all of slip roads and brake like they're at a junction rather than merge with the speed of the motorway and people who go 30 whilst trying to merge on to a motorway, oh and people who break the diagonal white lines both going on and off motorways.

One that drives me insane is people who when coming up to say an avarage speed zone slam on as soon as the 50 markers start, one, it's just fantastic forward planning  and two it's an avarage speed zone meaning you can safely reduce your speed and it's fine they're not like normal speed cameras FFS.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: Road Rage
« Reply #147 on: September 6, 2017, 01:13:52 pm »
I absolutely hate the drivers who ride your bumper, getting more and more pissed because you are not going any faster, when and if the looked up from their rage they would see that there are two lorries over taking one another and thus there I can not go any faster, nor can they, the impatient gits.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: September 6, 2017, 01:22:34 pm »
Why merge a totally defunct thread into this one? The point was that it's an extension of the small things in life thing that annoys you thread where most of the recent comments are about driving practices, not a Road Rage thread, per se.

It's ok Dan, Alan is effectively saying that the two lane (or two thread) process is obsolete.

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: September 6, 2017, 01:28:06 pm »
Even worse is idiots who pull out and  block the second lane instead of getting just arsey.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #150 on: September 6, 2017, 01:29:51 pm »
Drivers who think it's a good idea to stop and get out their car after I've shouted at them for nearly killing me....I'm not like most cyclists..... ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: September 6, 2017, 01:37:58 pm »
Dave on his bike

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: September 6, 2017, 01:41:13 pm »
Drivers on a standard B road who overtake you just to get one space ahead when they can see another 20 cars + ahead that they aren't going to get past in a million years, just sit back and relax you fooking tool.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: September 6, 2017, 02:06:02 pm »
Drivers who think it's a good idea to stop and get out their car after I've shouted at them for nearly killing me....I'm not like most cyclists..... ;D

I always give cyclists their space and am aware of their presence but I do get rather miffed when they are riding in the road and not obeying the traffic signals, like running stoplights/signs or weaving, they could be killed that way and I dont want me kids to see that happen. (Nor do I want it to happen)

Offline Yanwoo

• Internet. Serious business.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not a Man Yoo fan
« Reply #154 on: September 6, 2017, 02:13:21 pm »

Ha, yeah, this is a good one. As I'm doing this I try to explain through hand signals that I'm taking an evidence based approach to helping the whole system flow better, that although it appears selfish, it's actually very unselfish.

The hand signals I get back suggest my message is not well received...

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #155 on: September 6, 2017, 05:30:42 pm »
Dave on his bike
;D

No. Any soft c*nt could carry one of those..me....

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #156 on: September 6, 2017, 05:33:15 pm »
I always give cyclists their space and am aware of their presence but I do get rather miffed when they are riding in the road and not obeying the traffic signals, like running stoplights/signs or weaving, they could be killed that way and I dont want me kids to see that happen. (Nor do I want it to happen)
I like yourself I'm considerate of other road users. I too get annoyed at idiot cyclists jumping lights...I just don't take kindly to knobheads who think it's okay to attempt to abuse me, verbally or physically.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: September 6, 2017, 05:41:24 pm »
I like yourself I'm considerate of other road users. I too get annoyed at idiot cyclists jumping lights...I just don't take kindly to knobheads who think it's okay to attempt to abuse me, verbally or physically.

I hear that, and I do not seek out to confront or abuse such flagrant abusers of the rules of the road as it sets a poor example for my lads.

Offline Motty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: September 6, 2017, 05:59:50 pm »
;D

No. Any soft c*nt could carry one of those..me....

[emoji23]

Going to get you one of these for ya birthday Dave [emoji6]

Online Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #159 on: September 6, 2017, 06:01:41 pm »
Even worse is idiots who pull out and  block the second lane instead of getting just arsey.

Your dad should have pulled out*

*I've just been waiting to use this lame joke, don't mind me