Author Topic: English Football Unique 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involvolvoled.  (Read 8342 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
‘Ello all.

With the Balkan draft drawing to a glorious close, I was hoping to gauge interest in a new draft.

Something a bit different, my suggestion is as follows:

Unlimited members, the more the merrier.

Each round is a position. 12 rounds in all (GK, RB, LB, CB1, CB2, CM1, CM2, AM, RW, LW, ST, super sub).

Members have 24 hours to PM their pick to me (I’m not going to take part other than running the draft).
Your pick must be unique. If any other member picks the same player, the player is out of the draft and the pick is invalid.

First time round, your pick must be from a team who finished in the top 6 in the PL in 2018/2019.
If your pick is invalid, you get another go. But next time, your pick must be from a team who finished between 7 and 13th in the PL. Another invalid pick and you choose from 14th to 20th in the PL. Then top half of the Championship, then bottom half, then League One, League Two, National League and so on.

You are allowed one “Ringer”. They can be from La Liga, Serie A, the Bundesliga or Ligue 1. You must identify them as your ringer and they must be chosen in the first round of voting for a position (ie the equivalent of a top 6 PL player). If anyone else chooses them too, the player is banned from the draft and you may not choose another ringer for the duration of the draft.

Super sub can be any player in any position and can be your ringer.

Other rules up for discussion. Match format will depend on number of entrants.

At the end of every day I will post update teams and invalid players. Anyone with an invalid pick will then have 24 hours to “try again”. So by round four of the draft, an unlucky or predictable drafter might be sending me a top 6 CB, a 7th-13th LB, a 14th-20th RB and a Championship keeper nomination ;)

So, who’d be up for it? Questions or suggestions for rules or process welcome.

DeFacto
TrendisnotChakan
Fucking appalled
AdzLFC
Max powers
Vishwa Atma
Vivabobbygraham
MikeyLFC
Loveycushionedheader
Claus
« Last Edit: July 23, 2019, 07:55:52 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: English Football Pyramid 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Invovled!
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 05:33:09 pm »
We could be drafting actual sheep and I'd be up for it :D

But this sounds super intriguing to me.

So as long as your first pick is valid, you can always pick from the top 6? Or does that change regardless by each round?

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 05:35:21 pm »
I'd make a suggestion to use a different year [of season] that can be determined randomly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 05:36:39 pm »
We could be drafting actual sheep and I'd be up for it :D

But this sounds super intriguing to me.

So as long as your first pick is valid, you can always pick from the top 6? Or does that change regardless by each round?

Nope you’re spot on. You could have a whole team of top 6 players if all your picks are unique.

It’s why the more we get playing the more interesting it gets. If it’s only 6 players then chances are there’s no conflict. But if there’s 16 then you’re more likely to get 4 going for Salah or 5 going for VVD.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2019, 05:37:34 pm »
I'd make a suggestion to use a different year [of season] that can be determined randomly

Happy to change seasonas long as squad lists are available. I don’t want people having to spend hours working out who was playing LB for Rotherham in 2002...

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2019, 05:42:01 pm »
In
IN
Get INNNNNNNN
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2019, 06:04:08 pm »
Sounds ace  :wave
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• Legacy Fan

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2019, 07:16:14 pm »
I’d be up for this :wave
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: English Football Pyramid 2018/2019 Draft Proposal - Get Involved!
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2019, 07:21:02 pm »
Thats what she said

My name is Sarge, and I resemble this message :)

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2019, 07:50:45 pm »
Hypothetical situation seeing as you’ll be doing a position each round...

Let’s say you ask everybody for a CB - can you pick a player that plays in a different position predominantly but has featured at CB before in their career? or would they have had to have played a game in that position at least once during said season? Just wondering how creative we can be (and potentially create more second guessing!)
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2019, 08:28:34 pm »
Hypothetical situation seeing as you’ll be doing a position each round...

Let’s say you ask everybody for a CB - can you pick a player that plays in a different position predominantly but has featured at CB before in their career? or would they have had to have played a game in that position at least once during said season? Just wondering how creative we can be (and potentially create more second guessing!)

If you want to stick Harry Kane as a CB you go for it.

Up to you whether you think someone who has played there once before will be a better CB for you than a “worse” player who plays there regularly. But if you pick them as a CB, they have to play as a CB.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2019, 09:55:30 pm »
Example rounds for anyone confused about the format:

10 players, A-J.

First Round - Goalkeepers.
Picks are as follows:
A - Alisson
B - De Gea
C - Leno
D - Kepa
E - Alisson
F - De Gea
G - De Gea
H - Lloris
I - Mignolet
J - Lloris

Alisson, De Gea, Lloris are invalid picks. Players A, B, E, F, G, H and J have to pick in the second tier of GKs when making their next choice.

Second Round - RBs.
Picks are as follows:
A - TAA (Fabianski)
B - Walker (+Foster)
C - Trippier
D - Bellerin
E - TAA (+Rui Patricio)
F - TAA (+Rui Patricio)
G - Azpilicueta (+Pickford)
H - Aurier (+Pickford)
I - Valencia
J - Walker (+Schmeichel)

TAA and Walker are invalid picks. Players A, B, E, F and J have to pick in the second tier of RBs when making their next choice.
Rui Patricio and Pickford are invalid picks. Players E, F, G and H have to pick in the third tier of GKs when making their next choice.

Third Round - LBs.
Picks are as follows:
A - Robertson (Pereira [RB])
B - Marcos Alonso (Coleman [RB])
C - Davies
D - Kolasinac
E - Monreal (Janmaat [RB], Sergio Rico [Gk])
F - Rose (Yedlin [RB], [Heaton[GK])
G - Shaw (Heaton [GK])
H - Moreno (McCarthy [GK])
I - Rose
J - Delph (Kiko Femenia [RB])

Rose is an invalid pick. Players F and I have to pick in the second tier of LBs when making their next choice.
All the RBs are valid picks.
Heaton is an invalid pick. Players F and G have to pick in the fourth tier of GKs when making their next choice.

And so on and so forth... Looks complicated but only for me keeping track of everything ;D

So in the above example after three positions, the players above would have the following teams:
A - Fabianski, Pereira, Robertson
B - Foster, Coleman, Marcus Alonso
C - Leno, Trippier, Davies
D - Kepa, Bellerin, Kolasinac
E - Sergio Rico, Janmaat, Monreal
F - [GK - 4th tier selection], Yedlin, [LB - 2nd tier selection]
G - [GK - 4th tier selection], Azpilicueta, Shaw
H - McCarthy, Aurier, Moreno
I - Mignolet, Valencia, [LB - 2nd tier selection]
J - Schmeichel, Kiko Femenia, Delph
« Last Edit: July 19, 2019, 10:04:17 pm by JerseyKloppite »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2019, 10:02:54 pm »
Any limit on how many players from one side you can have? Or what if we did a whole range of 20 years, from the top 6 available to pick?  ;D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2019, 10:03:53 pm »
Send PM's to

1. Sheer Mag
2. Djozer
3. Viva BG
4. Betty Blue
5. Hazell - F Concussion
6. Lastrador
7. BD Nick
8. Samie
9. Lawnmowerman
10. Luis_
11. Chakan
12. Mikey_LFC
13. Sarge
14. Phase of play
15. Max_Powers
16. Gerry Attrick
*** Sure Defacto and Mikey  will have some names :)
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2019, 10:08:18 pm »
I've sent a PM to PIM,Tubby,FlashGordon and Kingluis10

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2019, 10:12:27 pm »
Any limit on how many players from one side you can have? Or what if we did a whole range of 20 years, from the top 6 available to pick?  ;D

No limit.

Not sure what you mean re ranges of players?

I think the draft gets more interesting and entertaining the more duplication there is - I'm therefore keen to keep the pool of players smaller, rather than larger if that makes sense.

Not necessarily opposed to having a different season for each round though if people would prefer that. But would like to keep it simple enough so I don't put people off ;D

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2019, 10:13:20 pm »
No limit.

I think the draft gets more interesting and entertaining the more duplication there is - I'm therefore keen to keep the pool of players smaller, rather than larger if that makes sense.

Not necessarily opposed to having a different season for each round though if people would prefer that. But would like to keep it simple enough so I don't put people off ;D

I mean to be able to pick from any top 6 from any season in the last 20 years. But i get your point. I hate picking current players :D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2019, 10:15:20 pm »
Send PM's to

1. Sheer Mag
2. Djozer
3. Viva BG
4. Betty Blue
5. Hazell - F Concussion
6. Lastrador
7. BD Nick
8. Samie
9. Lawnmowerman
10. Luis_
11. Chakan
12. Mikey_LFC
13. Sarge
14. Phase of play
15. Max_Powers
16. Gerry Attrick
*** Sure Defacto and Mikey  will have some names :)

Sent some PMs, cheers!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2019, 10:16:40 pm »
I mean to be able to pick from any top 6 from any season in the last 20 years. But i get your point. I hate picking current players :D

Yeah I think that would defeat the object :lmao You'd almost never get duplicates and it would be too easy to get through with a hugely strong team.

But could have GKs from, for example, 2009/2010, RBs from 2013/2014, LBs from 2018/2019, CBs from 2015/2016 and so on and so forth.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2019, 10:26:36 pm »
No limit.

Any websites you will be working from?  Google searches for lists and rankings leads me to some shite resources.

Can you PM me a resource or two?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2019, 10:29:49 pm »
Ill be down. Is it current players only?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2019, 10:29:51 pm »
Yeah I think that would defeat the object :lmao You'd almost never get duplicates and it would be too easy to get through with a hugely strong team.

But could have GKs from, for example, 2009/2010, RBs from 2013/2014, LBs from 2018/2019, CBs from 2015/2016 and so on and so forth.

That would be interesting if everyone else likes the idea as well  :D

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2019, 10:30:16 pm »

As soon as you know the specifics --- let'er rip!

Starting the research already!  There is joy in RAWKdom!!!  Long live the J Kloppite -- (or until I see the final rules)!!!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2019, 10:32:36 pm »
Ill be down. Is it current players only?

Depends what format people would rather go with.

All selections from last season, or a different season for each position.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:14 pm »
Any websites you will be working from?  Google searches for lists and rankings leads me to some shite resources.

Can you PM me a resource or two?

When we get cracking I will include a few suggested links!

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2019, 01:17:15 am »
Okay, I'm intrigued but how does the pick order go for each position?

Online vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2019, 01:57:47 am »
I'm in
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2019, 02:47:47 am »

Just from experience, the worst sheep drafts have been the ones with the smallest pool of players. e.g. the World Cup sheep draft from a while back was a massive fail. This isn't a sheep draft per se, so maybe it's fine. Just warning you.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2019, 03:45:51 am »
An improvised suggestion. having the ability to pick one player from previous seasons, 1 per each side. However if person A picks a player from season 2000/2001, then no other person can pick a player from that season.

That way the pool of players isn't a big

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2019, 08:03:30 am »
Just from experience, the worst sheep drafts have been the ones with the smallest pool of players. e.g. the World Cup sheep draft from a while back was a massive fail. This isn't a sheep draft per se, so maybe it's fine. Just warning you.

Technically the pool for this is vast ;D Just that each time you pick the calibre of player drops.

I’d be surprised if many people end up with too many picks beyond the third/fourth tier of choices, ie lower than the Championship.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:06:05 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2019, 08:04:35 am »
Okay, I'm intrigued but how does the pick order go for each position?

There’s no order - everyone PMs me their choice in a 24 hour window.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2019, 08:06:53 am »
An improvised suggestion. having the ability to pick one player from previous seasons, 1 per each side. However if person A picks a player from season 2000/2001, then no other person can pick a player from that season.

That way the pool of players isn't a big

I could change the ringer rule so that instead of a player from a top European league it’s a player from a previous PL season. That’s probably more interesting.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2019, 09:40:17 am »
Giving this one a miss but will watch from afar.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2019, 10:20:39 am »
Giving this one a miss but will watch from afar.

Yes, me too. Looking like I'll be stuck with a busy couple of weeks for me, but will follow here from time to time.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2019, 01:00:11 pm »
I could change the ringer rule so that instead of a player from a top European league it’s a player from a previous PL season. That’s probably more interesting.

Yeah, it would be an utter piss take if someone ended up with Redondo again  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2019, 01:06:51 pm »
Thanks for the PM but can't do this one. Though will be watching from afar, obviously.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2019, 01:26:46 pm »
Like the idea and should be able to get involved. Will let you know when I’m back from holiday tomorrow and can check how busy work is looking.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2019, 01:34:13 pm »
Like the idea and should be able to get involved. Will let you know when I’m back from holiday tomorrow and can check how busy work is looking.

Cheers!

Reckon we need at least 10 to make it worth it. Got 8 pencilled in right now.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 01:36:07 pm by JerseyKloppite »

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2019, 09:16:57 pm »
Surely we can convince 2 more poor sods to do this? :D