Author Topic: Emiliano Sala transfer  (Read 14349 times)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Emiliano Sala transfer
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2023, 08:18:20 pm »
Cardiff have finally started paying what they owe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64228188
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2023, 08:21:20 pm »
About time the c*nts

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2023, 09:05:16 pm »
About time the c*nts
I really hope they sink as low as they can to some Welsh Park Sunday League.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2023, 09:26:44 pm »
Cardiff have finally started paying what they owe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/64228188

They should've been given a transfer ban the moment they started acting the c*nt.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: January 19, 2023, 04:45:13 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ. This club need wiped off the face of the earth. Despicable.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-64333540

Cardiff City tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day after he was killed in a plane crash, say papers filed to the High Court.

Sala's plane crashed into the English Channel on 21 January 2019, killing the striker and pilot David Ibbotson.

A company of insurance brokers said the club failed to get cover before Sala's plane went down in January 2019.

Cardiff City bosses are seeking damages of more than £10m from insurance brokers following the death.

Argentine player Sala, 28, was on a private flight from Nantes as he travelled to take up his new role with the club then in the Premier League.

But the club have been unable to claim back the money paid for Sala after insurers refused to pay out.

Cardiff City FC is suing insurance broker Miller Insurance LLP claiming it owes more than £10m in a High Court bid.

The club says the firm failed to say players would not be covered if they were not "timely informed" of new signings such as their new star striker.

But lawyers representing the brokers say it was not up to them to "chase" club bosses over making sure new signings were insured and that the club were "fully aware" Sala was not insured.

Alistair Schaff KC told the High Court that Cardiff City contacted insurers regarding Sala on 22 January 2019, the morning after his flight went missing off the coast of Alderney.

Mr Schaff said the club made contact via email seeking £20m coverage for Sala.

Cardiff City claim Miller Insurance failed to properly explain the concept of an "insurable interest" for football player transfers and the requirement of a "prompt" notification of the transfer in order to secure coverage.

It said the broker also did not let the club know about the risks of "delaying this notification of an interest or the steps that might be taken to reduce or eliminate the risks".

But Miller insisted it was not their responsibility to chase the club to ensure that it added new players to its policy "immediately".

It claimed the broker had warned Cardiff City Football Club several times that there would be a gap in a player's insurance cover between acquiring an "insurable interest" in a new player and informing the insurer.

Lawyers for Cardiff City said that Miller's defence is being "evaluated, but doesn't seem to contain any surprises".

The club, represented by David Phillips KC, added that it expects to file a reply "soon" to the High Court.

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: January 19, 2023, 05:53:11 pm »
Jesus fucking Christ. This club need wiped off the face of the earth. Despicable.

Agreed.
They have behaved appallingly since this tragic accident happened.
Imagine the suffering his poor family has been through since.
Did I read somewhere that his Dad passed away not long after Sala was killed?

One sorry, tragic tale, and Cardiff City can fuck right off.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: January 19, 2023, 05:54:40 pm »
I remember when they came up to the PL their fans were c*nts as well. Shitty irrelevant club.

Online Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: January 19, 2023, 05:56:13 pm »
That's fucking horrendous.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: January 19, 2023, 05:58:01 pm »
fucking hell, low of the lows. Are/were they always like that?

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: January 19, 2023, 07:11:09 pm »
Cardiff City tried to take out £20m insurance on Emiliano Sala the day after he was killed in a plane crash, say papers filed to the High Court.
That's attempted insurance fraud surely? You know the sort that comes with criminal proceedings and prison time for those implicated.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:12:48 pm by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: May 9, 2023, 04:23:37 pm »
It's defo not locked Terry  :D

Offline Terry de Niro

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: May 9, 2023, 04:24:31 pm »
It's defo not locked Terry  :D
Wow, I couldn't see a way of replying before, ah well.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: May 9, 2023, 08:58:09 pm »
Scummy bastards.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
« Reply #93 on: May 9, 2023, 09:20:46 pm »
Does anyone know how their fans feel about all this? All the lawsuits seem to be about the owners trying to recoup money, but I’ve never heard whether their fans just want it to be left alone and paid or pursued? You’d hope the former but then I’ve heard they’ve got a fair few wrong’uns in their fanbase.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: May 9, 2023, 10:59:11 pm »
Does anyone know how their fans feel about all this? All the lawsuits seem to be about the owners trying to recoup money, but I’ve never heard whether their fans just want it to be left alone and paid or pursued? You’d hope the former but then I’ve heard they’ve got a fair few wrong’uns in their fanbase.

I would expect them to think their club shouldn't be paying up. Football is morally fucked for the most part, and the majority of fans think their club is right in most circumstances. I wouldn't expect this to be any different.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: May 9, 2023, 11:36:46 pm »
Self riddled with their own interests they can't even demonstrate any empathy and do the fucking right thing.

Shit ownership and plants a stain on their fanbase....i'd be disgusted if i were a Cardiff fan.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: May 10, 2023, 12:11:33 am »
Total transfer ban is the only way to go, if that ends with them in the National League then so be it.

In short, fuck'em.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #97 on: May 10, 2023, 12:16:31 am »
Trying to get insurance a day after the plane disappeared is disgusting, no doubt claiming there was no proof of death.

But why are you getting an insurance policy on a player you claim not to own? Fucking twats.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #98 on: May 10, 2023, 11:00:48 am »
Trying to get insurance a day after the plane disappeared is disgusting, no doubt claiming there was no proof of death.

But why are you getting an insurance policy on a player you claim not to own? Fucking twats.
Only seeing that now

bloody hell have they no shame
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: May 10, 2023, 11:19:39 am »
Guaranteed Cardiff would have sued if another club gazumped them and offered Nantes more for Sala on that fateful day, claiming rightfully that he's their (Cardiffs) player

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: May 10, 2023, 11:23:33 am »
Guaranteed Cardiff would have sued if another club gazumped them and offered Nantes more for Sala on that fateful day, claiming rightfully that he's their (Cardiffs) player

I'd have thought someone would ask them why they're trying to sue the insurance company if he wasn't their player.
No matter what way you look at it, they're utter scum.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: May 10, 2023, 11:46:28 am »
Four years later and Cardiff are still being tw@ts about this. I'd be so embarrassed as a supporter.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: May 10, 2023, 12:30:42 pm »
I'd have thought someone would ask them why they're trying to sue the insurance company if he wasn't their player.
No matter what way you look at it, they're utter scum.

Tried to get a payout from the insurance company didn't they. They must share the same legal company that represents Trump

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: May 10, 2023, 01:48:05 pm »
Tried to get a payout from the insurance company didn't they. They must share the same legal company that represents Trump

For a player they are saying wasn't theirs  ;D

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: May 10, 2023, 02:21:34 pm »
said to be looking for anything up to 200m

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #105 on: May 10, 2023, 02:55:19 pm »
Scumbags. How can they prove he'd have definitely kept them up anyway?
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2023, 03:01:38 pm »
Who are they even suing with the claim they’d have stayed up? I’d assume the company that owned the plane, but that sounds like a tinpot operation and I doubt they’d have 200m floating around.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: May 10, 2023, 03:07:25 pm »
Who are they even suing with the claim they’d have stayed up? I’d assume the company that owned the plane, but that sounds like a tinpot operation and I doubt they’d have 200m floating around.
they are suing Nantes unbelievably

Read their twitter and fucking hell, what a shambles of a club.

this sums them up in a lot of ways

« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 03:11:40 pm by paulrazor »

Offline Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: April 23, 2024, 12:26:31 am »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/articles/ckmj4gedjr5o

Cardiff City Football Club filed a complaint in a French court on Monday against Football Club de Nantes, claiming losses of more than £100m following a dispute over striker Emiliano Sala's death in a plane crash in January 2019.

A figure of 120.2m euros (£104m) was estimated after "an in-depth analysis" by a legal expert, the Welsh club's lawyer Celine Jones said.

Jones said this analysis has been filed at the Nantes Commercial Court in western France, which gave the French club until 23 September to respond.

"We'll take the time to study these new voluminous documents and these figures," said lawyers representing Nantes, Jerome Marsaudon and Louis-Marie Absil.

Sala, a 28-year-old Argentine striker, and pilot David Ibbotson died in a plane crash on 21 January 2019 while travelling to south Wales from France to complete a £15m transfer from Nantes to the Bluebirds.

The Welsh club opted to take separate legal action against Nantes after the Swiss Federal Tribunal decided the Court of Arbitration in Sport (CAS) did not have jurisdiction to deal with the Bluebirds' claim for damages.

A Cardiff statement, published following the conclusion of the 2022-23 season, stated damages sought were to "recover what the club paid for Emiliano" and for "additional damages for further consequential losses".

LISTEN: Transfer: The Emiliano Sala Story

Cardiff were subject to a transfer embargo by world governing body Fifa after their initial refusal to pay Nantes the first instalment of the fee for Sala.

The club paid that sum - believed to be around £7m - in January, 2023 after an appeal with CAS failed. That payment ended Fifa sanctions.

The estimate for damages stem from the claimed financial and reputational losses represented by Cardiff's relegation from the Premier League in 2019.

"If Sala had been able to play, he would inevitably have scored goals between January and June 2019 and Cardiff would have remained in the Premier League. It would be unrealistic to think that he would not have scored any goals," Jones told a hearing in June 2023.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: April 23, 2024, 12:47:32 am »
They are certifiable.

I can’t believe they are suggesting this is at all Nantes fault.

Worse than Everton, and that’s saying something.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2024, 08:43:55 am »
I read that on Sunday Barney, I was absolutely disgusted

Have they no shame?

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #111 on: April 23, 2024, 11:41:29 am »
Absolute c*nts these, no shame whatsoever. Would be mortified if I was a Cardiff fan.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."