Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1759401 times)

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #7080 on: December 21, 2018, 09:56:33 am »
Healthy Mane ;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7081 on: December 22, 2018, 12:08:24 am »
Worked very hard today but sometimes had the first touch of a baby elephant. I dont care though he is a great player scores loads and frightens opposition defences to death  ;D
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline harryc

• ane ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live in a Red and a White Kop
« Reply #7082 on: December 22, 2018, 12:19:34 am »
Such a hot and cold player within one game.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7083 on: December 22, 2018, 12:25:27 am »
Worked very hard today but sometimes had the first touch of a baby elephant. I dont care though he is a great player scores loads and frightens opposition defences to death  ;D

I thought some his runs today were really elusive he really ghosted up behind the defenders. Sometimes his control could have been better, but he always asks questions of the opposition.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7084 on: December 22, 2018, 01:52:14 am »

I think he has the most difficult job in the front three, has to press with the front three as well as track back, be aware of Robertson's gaps, run at players without losing the ball, provide width as well as sit between the lines. Underrated all the work he has to do.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7085 on: December 22, 2018, 02:31:39 am »
He always has been a little bit like that, both within games and across seasons. His average game is still a very good one, though, and he is good enough normally to be on the wavelength of the rest of the attack, in terms of his pace, stamina and movement.

That's the difference between world class and top player.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #7086 on: December 22, 2018, 06:28:12 am »
Reckon Mane is better on the right side ya know.

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7087 on: December 22, 2018, 08:22:39 pm »
I think he has the most difficult job in the front three, has to press with the front three as well as track back, be aware of Robertson's gaps, run at players without losing the ball, provide width as well as sit between the lines. Underrated all the work he has to do.

BIG fan of Mane too. He almost plays the role of 3 players as you alluded to above. His (and Firmino's) workrate off the ball is incredible and both tactically intelligent. I will say Mane has moved over to the right in the past couple of games, and I think Keita's performance on the left has also been pretty underrated (in being able to largely replicate most of what Mane does).

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #7088 on: December 26, 2018, 05:01:25 pm »
Fucking first touch with the outside of the boot from Lovren's long ball...

Gif-tacular in the extreme... :-*
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7089 on: December 26, 2018, 05:05:41 pm »
Although he keeps missing some promising chances, he's still so crucial for the way we play. Hard working and very good performance. Keep it up healthy Sadio!
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7090 on: December 26, 2018, 05:07:17 pm »
Again.. just saving it for the next two big games.

The touch for his last effort was sublime.

Online newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7091 on: December 26, 2018, 05:12:32 pm »
He was so “disappointed” when Shaq snuck in front of him to tap in the goal - haha.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #7092 on: December 26, 2018, 05:14:45 pm »
Again.. just saving it for the next two big games.

The touch for his last effort was sublime.

Yep, like Napoli at home before. He's gonna score in the next two games.

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7093 on: December 26, 2018, 05:16:28 pm »
He was so “disappointed” when Shaq snuck in front of him to tap in the goal - haha.

I think he’d have been offside so good Shaq did get it!

That effort from Lovren’s ball - unreal control, the finish wasn’t easy but he did the hard part in that move. Hope he bags a few in the next 2 games. 2 goals in each game would be nice !
“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7094 on: December 26, 2018, 05:18:22 pm »
Loving the darting runs in behind defences and that touch from the Lovren pass was amazing. Love Sadio, such a quality little player and the fight in him is vital for a side like this. So happy he signed a new deal

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #7095 on: December 26, 2018, 11:12:09 pm »
For passes like the one from Lovren, normally you see chest control or a little halt in the stride to take it with the foot, the way Mane took it was absolute filth. If he had topped it with a goal, that would have been one for the highlight reels for the ages, a bit like Suarez vs Newcastle.

Offline simplyred84

• Holding back the years, but unfortunately not holding back the nonsense
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #7096 on: December 27, 2018, 03:19:25 am »
That first touch was incredible. You can't teach that ability or confidence. Crucial player, in the sense that no matter how he's playing, he'll continue to pose a threat.

Online NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
« Reply #7097 on: December 27, 2018, 04:19:27 am »
I think he is one of our most HARDWORKING players yesterday. Kept going on, never looked tired. What an engine!!
I really love him.
It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #7098 on: December 27, 2018, 04:39:07 am »
Better control and he could have had a couple of goals to his name in the first half. He missed a very presentable chance late in the second half as well when we were 4-0 up. Which means only one thing.

He's going to score against Arsenal.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #7099 on: December 27, 2018, 05:21:41 am »
love how annoyed he was that Shaq stole his tap in
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #7100 on: December 27, 2018, 05:32:38 am »
He could have had a brilliantly taken goal... Maybe against Arse.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7101 on: December 27, 2018, 06:22:35 am »
For passes like the one from Lovren, normally you see chest control or a little halt in the stride to take it with the foot, the way Mane took it was absolute filth. If he had topped it with a goal, that would have been one for the highlight reels for the ages, a bit like Suarez vs Newcastle.

It was jaw dropping how he controlled that long pass,just perfect.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7102 on: December 27, 2018, 06:23:49 am »
Has he actually signed his new contract yet?

Offline arab88

• BED WETTER
  • Kopite
  • Proud to be a RED!
« Reply #7103 on: December 27, 2018, 08:09:11 am »

Offline nash_av

• Main Stander
« Reply #7104 on: December 27, 2018, 08:13:09 am »
Sadio's control of long/lobbed balls is usually spot on.
It's funny sometimes that he does the difficult part so easily but then misses one-on-one or when he is not under great pressure by the defender.
But then again, he's the one you can count on in big games to pop-up with one or two.
Put your money on him scoring a goal against Arsenal.

Offline robgomm

• He just can't get enough of Luis Suarez.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7105 on: December 27, 2018, 08:36:34 am »
God damn that touch from the Lovren pass, amazing.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #7106 on: December 27, 2018, 12:56:53 pm »
love how annoyed he was that Shaq stole his tap in
I think he would have been offside..

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #7107 on: December 27, 2018, 01:20:32 pm »
Although he keeps missing some promising chances, he's still so crucial for the way we play. Hard working and very good performance. Keep it up healthy Sadio!
He's amazing. Though I'd love to see God & Rushie should give him a few tips in front of goal.

If he was to improve his composure & decision making before the last pass/shooting, he'd be some player.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7108 on: December 27, 2018, 01:21:29 pm »
God damn that touch from the Lovren pass, amazing.

Sublime.

Offline BobOnATank

• Kopite
« Reply #7109 on: December 29, 2018, 01:51:01 am »
Sadio is a beast, what a player. Gives everything and has suarez levels of determination.

Offline Craig_Bellamy

• Kemlynite
« Reply #7110 on: December 30, 2018, 01:20:16 pm »
Can't remember whom to quote , some lad from around here.

Just thought i'd pop it up here as i thought it were a god shout for a new song for Sadio - he deserves hos own song that is not just a phrase from another song or a Christmas song.

I'm no song writer so obviously not the finished article but i reckon in the hands of RAWK members theres posibillities here - and we only need to look at youtube to see That it would work well on a stadium

Something Along the lines of:

All we hear is
Sadio Mane *clap-clap*
Sadio blah-blah *clap-clap*
Sadio mane *clap-clap*

All we need is
Sadio mane *clap clap*
Sadio blah blah *clap clap*
SA-DI-OO MA-NEEEEEEH !

Repeat until exhausion
Queen - radio gaga live at wembley: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0omja1ivpx0

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7111 on: February 10, 2019, 02:23:32 pm »
Love Sadio! Scorer of big, big important goals. He’s seriously up for this fight (as are the rest).
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7112 on: February 10, 2019, 03:02:42 pm »
First time that he's scored in 4 consecutive league matches, big game player, always has been.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7113 on: February 10, 2019, 03:56:29 pm »
If the title comes down to the last day, expect Sadio to bang in a hat trick. Mr Reliable

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7114 on: February 10, 2019, 04:03:48 pm »
Love him, so unpredictable, so easy-going...  but please keep an eye on the defenders trying to play for offside  !!!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7115 on: February 10, 2019, 06:00:40 pm »
It's such a laugh the way they are all nicking The Cube's celebration, has he commented yet?  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #7116 on: February 11, 2019, 12:36:40 pm »
Shining light in the front 3 at the moment, the only one constantly trying to grab a game by the scruff of the neck.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline tornado

• ali
  • Kopite
« Reply #7117 on: February 11, 2019, 01:50:12 pm »
Shining light in the front 3 at the moment, the only one constantly trying to grab a game by the scruff of the neck.
Of the front 3, he is definitely the shining light at the moment buy the others have been trying hard to influence games too, atleast by the evidence of the Bournemouth game.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #7118 on: February 11, 2019, 02:25:43 pm »
It's nice to see Mane getting some time in the limelight again. He can get overshadowed sometimes, his hard work obscured by Bobby's relentless effort, his exceptional running, dribbling and shooting obscured by Salah's exquisite ruthlessness. Yet the combination of both work and wonder he provides puts him up there with the very best, and his selflessness in carrying out his manager's tactical requirements is an example to everyone.

But what really sets him apart is something that very few players - very few people - have. I remember Roald Dahl putting it beautifully in his story "the Swan":

"Some people, when they have taken too much and have been driven beyond the point of endurance, simply crumple and give up. There are others, though they are not many, who will for some reason always be unconquerable. You meet them in time of war and also in time of peace. They have an indomitable spirit and nothing, neither pain nor torture nor threat of death, will cause them to give up.
[Sadio Mane is] one of those."

The Champion's League final showed this indomitable spirit at its finest. With Salah off, at a goal down, with a lot of heads down - one head went up, stayed up and even went further up the worse the match got. That head, of course, belonged to Sadio Mane. He may not seem to have the most dominant personality, but, as Dahl makes clear, that isn't what determines the indomitable. It's something else, something deep inside that only comes out at the worst of times. And it's value at times like that is impossible to measure, but be thankful that we have it in our team, in a forward as talented as Sadio is. And it's a quality that I suspect we'll see a few more times in the pressure cooker environment of this title race. 

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Xabi Gerrard

• WHERE IS MY VOTE?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7119 on: February 11, 2019, 02:48:03 pm »
I've always had a (usually grudging) admiration for players who keep on delivering vital goals whilst so much is at stake and, for whatever reason, their team aren't quite functioning at 100%.

Cantona did it in 96/97. Ljungberg did it with probably the most important goal scoring run of them all at the end of the 01/02 season. Vardy did it in 15/16 and Costa did it a year later in 16/17. Opening goals, equalisers, winners - all crucial goals that kept their team ticking over during spells when they really needed it. If we do end up winning the league this year we'll owe a massive debt of gratitude to this purple patch of Sadios.