Author Topic: anfield road stand  (Read 243913 times)

Offline Garry_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: anfield road stand
« Reply #80 on: August 21, 2015, 04:46:38 am »
How hard would it be to run a batch of double decker buses from the bus station in town to Anfield Stadium? Just keep them going back and forth for a couple of hours before kick off without any stops. The ground is pretty close to the city centre, getting people there shouldn't be a big issue.

They do that already, the buses depart from St Johns Lane next to St George's Hall and stop outside The Kop.

to be honest the location mentioned for a station (where The Clarence pub is) is about 1.5 miles or so away, a little over in fact IIRC.

It doesn't feel that far away in truth, it's only a 5/10 minute straight walk down Utting Ave and Arkles Lane to the ground from there.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 04:51:01 am by Garry_LFC »

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #81 on: August 21, 2015, 09:24:20 am »
How hard would it be to run a batch of double decker buses from the bus station in town to Anfield Stadium? Just keep them going back and forth for a couple of hours before kick off without any stops. The ground is pretty close to the city centre, getting people there shouldn't be a big issue.

Transport before the match isn't the main issue because people arrive at different times. After the match is the problem as everyone (45,000 at the moment) leaves at the same time. There are buses but they take an age with all the other traffic and for an evening match, a two hour wait if you'rre one of the last is not acceptable.

If half the crowd relied on buses that would be around 300 bus trips.

The transport plan actually shows that a lot of people drive, even if they live in the Liverpool area and there are park and ride car parks proposed to get people in from a range of areas rather than just the city centre.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: August 21, 2015, 11:20:00 am »
Probably been covered elsewhere this so apologies, but is there a reason why the proposed ARE is not as tall as the new main stand?

I'd have thought it'd be the same height? Is it to do with capacity/transport? Or something else?

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #83 on: August 21, 2015, 02:02:28 pm »
It doesn't feel that far away in truth, it's only a 5/10 minute straight walk down Utting Ave and Arkles Lane to the ground from there.

From memory it's 1.8 miles.

My Dad drank in there for years before and after games, and when I got my ticket when I was 5 or 6 so did I up until it closed a few years back (for the 3rd or 4th time in a handful of years, although this time looking at the state it's got into its terminal) so have done that walk many many times.

Worse going to Anfield as it's up hill, not too bad on the way back. It's at least 10 minutes on a good day, but over that if you're a slower walker.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: August 21, 2015, 02:05:14 pm »
Probably been covered elsewhere this so apologies, but is there a reason why the proposed ARE is not as tall as the new main stand?

I'd have thought it'd be the same height? Is it to do with capacity/transport? Or something else?

I imagine a few reasons.

Cost given it won't be subsidised by corps.

Going up means the back seats are further from the pitch, which for an end stand means they probably fall out of an acceptable viewing distance from the opposite goal.

Offline The Lord Admiral

• Anny Roader
« Reply #85 on: August 21, 2015, 03:03:09 pm »
I imagine a few reasons.

Cost given it won't be subsidised by corps.

Going up means the back seats are further from the pitch, which for an end stand means they probably fall out of an acceptable viewing distance from the opposite goal.

could be both - hadn't thought about the viewing distance thing, could well be that - although in the new bowl type stadiums the ends tend to be the same height now I think about it (Emirates, Wembley etc).

Cheers

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #86 on: August 21, 2015, 03:07:43 pm »
could be both - hadn't thought about the viewing distance thing, could well be that - although in the new bowl type stadiums the ends tend to be the same height now I think about it (Emirates, Wembley etc).

Cheers

I'm not sure how high those ends are in comparison to the new Main though, plus their tiers are brought closer to the pitch because they have corps boxes in the middle - our Anny Rd won't have that.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #87 on: August 22, 2015, 01:27:07 pm »
Transport before the match isn't the main issue because people arrive at different times. After the match is the problem as everyone (45,000 at the moment) leaves at the same time. There are buses but they take an age with all the other traffic and for an evening match, a two hour wait if you'rre one of the last is not acceptable.

If half the crowd relied on buses that would be around 300 bus trips.

The transport plan actually shows that a lot of people drive, even if they live in the Liverpool area and there are park and ride car parks proposed to get people in from a range of areas rather than just the city centre.

The club could do more after the game to keep fans in the ground. Serve drinks after the game with SKY/BT on the screens showing live football or post-match analysis. Even if fans just have one drink then that could alleviate congestion.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Swissgaz

• Have you ever noticed that anybody driving slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac? George Carlin
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: August 22, 2015, 04:19:07 pm »
The club could do more after the game to keep fans in the ground. Serve drinks after the game with SKY/BT on the screens showing live football or post-match analysis. Even if fans just have one drink then that could alleviate congestion.

It's already a staggered exit on match days.  Loads leave on 80/85 minutes in any case. Even if its the first game of the season and we're holding on to a 1-0 lead.  ???
"Sometimes you just have to chill out, look at the Everton fans and let them realise what time it is" - Daniel Sturridge

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: August 25, 2015, 04:07:42 pm »
It's already a staggered exit on match days.  Loads leave on 80/85 minutes in any case. Even if its the first game of the season and we're holding on to a 1-0 lead.  ???

The club would certainly do better to get people in the ground earlier and encourage them to leave later. It doesn't take a lot (decently priced ale and reasonable surroundings) but a lot could be done with say, watching the previous PL game and staying on for replays, interviews and on a three match day, staying for the game after.

A culture change is needed but it has been done.

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: August 25, 2015, 04:38:27 pm »
The club would certainly do better to get people in the ground earlier and encourage them to leave later. It doesn't take a lot (decently priced ale and reasonable surroundings) but a lot could be done with say, watching the previous PL game and staying on for replays, interviews and on a three match day, staying for the game after.

A culture change is needed but it has been done.
hasn't the price of ale been worked out in line with the sweet spot 

Offline Rigobert

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: August 25, 2015, 10:02:46 pm »

[/quote]

You are correct. It is in fact less than one mile.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #92 on: August 25, 2015, 10:07:55 pm »
You are correct. It is in fact less than one mile.

Just double checked and you're right. Not sure where I remembered 1.8 from, maybe it was 0.8.

Offline poopscoop

• Kopite
  • And what a delighted scorer – it's Tommy Smith!
« Reply #93 on: September 8, 2015, 11:05:55 am »
Just to be clear about 'infrastructure costs over 60k'… if the club makes a (public transport) situation worse by adding more capacity, it will be required to put the situation back as it was. It has done this for every expansion so far, including this one.

No matter what has been said in the past by whomever was at the club (or council) at the time, how it solves the problem the club has made is up to the club. The answer comes as part of the transport plan submitted by the club as part of the club's application. Council cannot tell the club it must do this or that - to build an extraordinarily expensive railway or to run a thousand buses.

As it happens, a railway has been looked at for a number of (civic) reasons and the club at one time has assessed whether they wanted to be involved. The view was that there are better ways of addressing the civic issues (and any stadium issues) than rail. The answer is more and better buses, park-and-ride schemes and the like, keeping more cars away from the ground and greater control over access to the area.

No one at the club in their right mind is going to propose paying for any railways even if they thought that building more than they're going to build was anything like a good idea.

I agree. The club should not get involved in infrastructural projects such as rail links or the cosmetics of station build, the expense would be crippling and as Coventry City and Ricoh Arena PLC have found the outcome can be far from satisfactory. One carriage per hour carrying 75 people. Sweet Jesus!
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/government-rejects-calls-intervene-34-9947215

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: September 8, 2015, 03:49:09 pm »
I agree. The club should not get involved in infrastructural projects such as rail links or the cosmetics of station build, the expense would be crippling and as Coventry City and Ricoh Arena PLC have found the outcome can be far from satisfactory. One carriage per hour carrying 75 people. Sweet Jesus!
http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/government-rejects-calls-intervene-34-9947215

don't agree, the club should get involved in as much as possible that benefits the local community,
work together with the council split the cost 50-50, in return for subsidised fares on match days.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: September 8, 2015, 05:42:02 pm »
don't agree, the club should get involved in as much as possible that benefits the local community,
work together with the council split the cost 50-50, in return for subsidised fares on match days.

What you want is not going to happen.  You want a bigger stadium past what is getting done. To cover the cost already they are having to put in corporate seating as normal seats would not cover the cost.  So additionally you want to go past that and to do that the club needs additional transport options  which would cost an insane amount of money. Where do you think that money is coming from? And then on top of that you say tickets cost too much. Make them cheaper. The atmosphere isn't good enough, bring back the working man.  Who is going to pay for it? I want, I want, I want.

And by the way i wish that could all happen. Not saying your not wrong wanting it but it's just not feasible.  Until footballers stop demending silly wages and fans stop going or the lot falls on its arse none of what you want is going to happen
« Last Edit: September 8, 2015, 05:44:18 pm by macca007 »

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: September 8, 2015, 07:15:59 pm »
What you want is not going to happen.  You want a bigger stadium past what is getting done. To cover the cost already they are having to put in corporate seating as normal seats would not cover the cost.  So additionally you want to go past that and to do that the club needs additional transport options  which would cost an insane amount of money. Where do you think that money is coming from? And then on top of that you say tickets cost too much. Make them cheaper. The atmosphere isn't good enough, bring back the working man.  Who is going to pay for it? I want, I want, I want.

And by the way i wish that could all happen. Not saying your not wrong wanting it but it's just not feasible.  Until footballers stop demending silly wages and fans stop going or the lot falls on its arse none of what you want is going to happen

not feasible... it is in Germany, do you know why, they demand it, no divys saying its not going to happen 
wages sound, stadiums sound, transport sound, ticket prices sound.   

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 03:17:33 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #97 on: September 8, 2015, 07:34:26 pm »
not feasible... it is in Germany, do you know why, they demand it, know divys saying its not going to happen 

Things are amazingly different in Germany than they are here.

For starters all clubs (bar I think two) are at least 51% fan owned, this is a legal necessity. Thus those clubs instantly have a different outlook on things.

Secondly, the transport was paid for by the Government, not the clubs.

Thirdly, a lot of the grounds were paid for (or paid to expand) by the Government thanks to them hosting the 2006 WC. As it happens that also helped the transport infrastructure be top notch too.

Fourthly, standing is allowed in Germany, which helps to not only allow more fans into the stadium (so demand for tickets is satisfied more so than here) but allows for lower priced tickets too.

Germany's football model is, in the most part (it has some issues) something to envy. Something to strive for even. However you can't simply throw out the 'Germany do it' line without considering at least why or how they do it.

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: September 8, 2015, 08:43:01 pm »
not feasible... it is in Germany, do you know why, they demand it, know divys saying its not going to happen 

The problem with what you say is not that everyone doesnt want it. You just say I want I want I want without seemingly listening to sound arguments as to why things can't be done! At least others are suggesting alternatives to problems. I want all the things you want but from reading properly from past arguments I understand why there are major obstacles.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: September 8, 2015, 08:55:29 pm »
author=CraigDS link=topic=313686.msg14104550#msg14104550 date=1441737266]
Things are amazingly different in Germany than they are here.

For starters all clubs (bar I think two) are at least 51% fan owned, this is a legal necessity. Thus those clubs instantly have a different outlook on things.

yep agree, sounds great

Secondly, the transport was paid for by the Government, not the clubs.

subsidised transport tickets are induced in the season ticket cost.   

Thirdly, a lot of the grounds were paid for (or paid to expand) by the Government thanks to them hosting the 2006 WC. As it happens that also helped the transport infrastructure be top notch too.

before the world cup everything in German was better than here, "on supporter issues"

Fourthly, standing is allowed in Germany, which helps to not only allow more fans into the stadium (so demand for tickets is satisfied more so than here) but allows for lower priced tickets too.

exactly

Germany's football model is, in the most part (it has some issues) something to envy. Something to strive for even. However you can't simply throw out the 'Germany do it' line without considering at least why or how they do it.

i give the German example just to prove to the likes of you it can be done,
but as with all my other post for some weird reason you look for excuses to argue against it.   
quote]

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: September 8, 2015, 08:56:49 pm »
The problem with what you say is not that everyone doesnt want it. You just say I want I want I want without seemingly listening to sound arguments as to why things can't be done! At least others are suggesting alternatives to problems. I want all the things you want but from reading properly from past arguments I understand why there are major obstacles.

i do

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #101 on: September 8, 2015, 09:15:12 pm »
i give the German example just to prove to the likes of you it can be done,
but as with all my other post for some weird reason you look for excuses to argue against it.   

It's nothing to do with it being your post, it's to do with it mentioning 'Germany do it'. If anyone else posted that I'd of replied with the same post.

To reply to your bolded posts...

yep agree, sounds great

It does. But it's not law over here that this is the case, therefore the vast majority of clubs in the PL (in the country actually) are not fan owned, and due to this the whole outlook is complete different to that of German clubs.

subsidised transport tickets are induced in the season ticket cost.

It's not just about the transport travel costs being subsidised, it's about having those transport links in the first place. Anfield (in the case of a railway line/station) doesn't.

before the world cup everything in German was better than here, "on supporter issues"

Yeah, before the WC they no doubt were, because in no small part to the fact the clubs were fan owned.

However thanks to the WC Munich moved into a 75k capacity stadium which has a ready made transport system all around it. The construction cost of this was €340m (not including the transport infrastructure and surrounding area improvements of €210m), which Bayern paid approx €180m.

Dortmund increased their capacity prior to the WC by nearly 15,000. I haven't got any figures for Govt funding for this however.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: September 8, 2015, 09:40:36 pm »
It's nothing to do with it being your post, it's to do with it mentioning 'Germany do it'. If anyone else posted that I'd of replied with the same post.

To reply to your bolded posts...

It does. But it's not law over here that this is the case, therefore the vast majority of clubs in the PL (in the country actually) are not fan owned, and due to this the whole outlook is complete different to that of German clubs.

your missing the point, i want fan ownership,

It's not just about the transport travel costs being subsidised, it's about having those transport links in the first place. Anfield (in the case of a railway line/station) doesn't.

good transport links have nothing to do with transport costs

Yeah, before the WC they no doubt were, because in no small part to the fact the clubs were fan owned.

However thanks to the WC Munich moved into a 75k capacity stadium which has a ready made transport system all around it. The construction cost of this was €340m (not including the transport infrastructure and surrounding area improvements of €210m), which Bayern paid approx €180m

and

Dortmund increased their capacity prior to the WC by nearly 15,000. I haven't got any figures for Govt funding for this however.
and

England as by far the highest match day ticket cost in the world, and you keep looking for excuses to justified it.
it absolutely mind blowing.
and its all connected to the lost of atmosphere as the cost begins to changes the matchday demographics.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #103 on: September 8, 2015, 09:44:34 pm »
England as by far the highest match day ticket cost in the world, and you keep looking for excuses to justified it.
it absolutely mind blowing.
and its all connected to the lost of atmosphere as the cost begins to changes the matchday demographics.

It's like talking to a brick wall.

Not one thing in what I said excuses anything. There is no excuse for them.

However that doesn't mean saying 'Germany do it' means we can simply do it here too. There are so many differences that it would need changes which just is not going to happen (i.e. it to become law that all football teams must be at least 51% fan owned, along with safe standing to be legal) before you can be accurate in saying 'Germany do it' as a reason why we should be able to.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: September 8, 2015, 10:03:06 pm »
It's like talking to a brick wall.

Not one thing in what I said excuses anything. There is no excuse for them.

However that doesn't mean saying 'Germany do it' means we can simply do it here too. There are so many differences that it would need changes which just is not going to happen (i.e. it to become law that all football teams must be at least 51% fan owned, along with safe standing to be legal) before you can be accurate in saying 'Germany do it' as a reason why we should be able to.

It's like talking to a brick wall... is it lad you remind me of that dog in your picture, does it roll over and show it belly 

anyway its not just Germany, Spain, Italy, Holland, France take your pick

but lets turn it round, why do we have  highest match day ticket cost in the world,, you tell me why is it us

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #105 on: September 8, 2015, 10:11:21 pm »
:lmao

Here we go again. Again.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #106 on: September 8, 2015, 10:12:28 pm »
:lmao

Here we go again. Again.

Nah, I'm gonna go and have a more sensible discussion with a brick rather than carry this on.

Although I await his inevitable PM.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: September 8, 2015, 10:24:24 pm »
Nah, I'm gonna go and have a more sensible discussion with a brick rather than carry this on.

ok graigy lad just one more question at what point would you complain about the price £60-70-80.

looking at your signature it looks like its not only me who thinks your a owners man,

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #108 on: September 8, 2015, 10:25:32 pm »
looking at your signature it looks like its not only me who thinks your a owners man,

I put that there because of idiots like yourself.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #109 on: September 8, 2015, 10:28:08 pm »
Rome mate, do you think Craig, or any of us for that matter, wants the current system?

Or just that we have to fight the battle in a different way and the ideas you propose aren't currently achievable, even if they are ideal?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 8, 2015, 10:29:03 pm »
I put that there because of idiots like yourself.

at what price would you complain

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #111 on: September 8, 2015, 10:34:00 pm »

I complain already having to pay the highest prices in Anfield for standard (non-corp) tickets given I sit in the Upper Centenary.

I posted my suggestion a while ago in the main forum which I thought was workable, and something the club or a fan group (such as SOS) could pursue. That was the idea of a fans sponsor.

I'd like to see safe standing back, but there are some obvious issues with that but hopefully FSF can continue to work on it and come to some solution.

I'd love to see fan ownership across the country at every club, I was fully prepared to financially support fan ownership when it was explored to remove H&G. Has that ship sailed? At current prices (football club prices) I can't see how the answer is anything but yes. Hopefully that changes and the chance comes again, and this time more are willing to step up and make it happen.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 10, 2015, 08:05:07 pm »

There's no point standing in the cot crying Mama. Fact is the supporters had a once in any lifetime chance to change things and they couldn't do it. For very good reasons.

If you want what Germany's got, every club's supporters around the country are going to have put up the cash to buy every club (or 51% of each and every club - let's say £10bn just for the PL). When they've done that, they're going to have to look for another mountain of money to run them and guarantee the running of them to their financial supporters. When they've done that, they're going to have to employ everybody there is that is currently employed by every club to run the clubs and to play the football. To do all that the supporters will need the business acumen and background to carry it off (which no one has shown an inkling of to date) and bear in mind it would be a hostile takeover of every current club owner. Good luck with that but anyway...

Assuming this all comes to pass, the new supporter owners would need to suffer the legal and financial costs to rip up every player's contract there is to reduce costs so that ticket prices could be reduced and then sit and watch all the players go play overseas (unless of course they re-engage them all on the original terms to bring them all back). This would make the PL a whole lot less attractive to TV, so you can watch those billions walk out the door too.

When all that's over and done with, the new braveheart supporters need to convince government that football is in good financial hands and that government should invest literally hundreds and hundreds of millions of tax payers' money to build new stadia or put in trains and transport while at the same the clubs slash ticket prices and are even less able to sustain the cost than they were before. Not to mention trusting the fans to stand safely. No single club.

No club on its own can even hope to carry the cost, whether 'shared 50/50' with a council that doesn't have 50 or not - or an effectively state-owned oligarchy trying to launder its international reputation in floods of oil (and we tried to get one of those too remember - and failed).

The FA (if it still existed) would need to revolutionise coaching and recruitment to generate more home-grown talent to reduce player costs by creating more and better players. It couldn't be left to clubs to cherry pick in their own interests. The FA would need to recruit direct and train and coach talent directly - on a national and comprehensive basis. Something the German system is set up to do in spades.

That's what happened in Germany and it happened when football was on its arse at low cost. It couldn't happen in Germany now and it's not going to happen here either. Not good but that's the way it is. Get used to it or stop going or stop banging on about how unfair it is. Thing is, we have the best possible deal out of this redevelopment and a whole lot better off than we would have been otherwise.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2015, 11:35:43 pm by Peter McGurk »

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: September 10, 2015, 10:18:07 pm »
There's no point standing in the cot crying Mama. Fact is the supporters had a once in any lifetime chance to change things and they couldn't do it. For very good reasons.

If you want what Germany's got, every club's supporters around the country are going to have put up the cash to buy every club (or 51% of each and every club - let's say £10bn just for the PL). When they've done that, they're going to have to look for another mountain of money to run them and guarantee the running of them to their financial supporters. When they've done that, they're going to have to employ everybody there is that is currently employed by every club to run the clubs and to play the football. To do all that the supporters will need the business acumen and background to carry it off (which no one has shown an inkling of to date) and bear in mind it would be a hostile takeover of every current club owner. Good luck with that but anyway...

Assuming this all comes to pass, the new supporter owners would need to suffer the legal and financial costs to rip up every player's contract there is to reduce costs so that ticket prices could be reduced and then sit and watch all the players go play overseas (unless of course they re-engage them all on the original terms to bring them all back). This would make the PL a whole lot less attractive to TV, so you can watch those billions walk out the door too.

When all that's over and done with, the new braveheart supporters need to convince government that football is in good financial hands and that government should invest literally hundreds and hundreds of millions of tax payers' money to build new stadia or put in trains and transport while at the same the clubs slash ticket prices and are even less able to sustain the cost than they were before. Not to mention trusting the fans to stand safely. No single club. No club on its own can even hope to carry the cost, whether 'shared 50/50' with a council that doesn't have 50 or not - or an effectively state-owned oligarchy trying to launder its international reputation in floods of oil (and we tried to get one of those too remember - and failed).

The FA (if it still existed) would need to revolutionise coaching and recruitment to generate more home-grown talent to reduce player costs by creating more and better players. It couldn't be left to clubs to cherry pick in their own interests. The FA would need to recruit direct and train and coach talent directly - on a national and comprehensive basis. Something the German system is set up to do in spades.

Rome-77 be all

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 11, 2015, 06:47:34 am »
Peter McGurk,  are you telling me the only way we can have cheaper tickets is if we have %fan ownership.
with all the money coming into the prem "TV,corporate,sponsorship" at the moment.
Germany was only an example, take any another European country if you like.
we pay twice as much as the next dearest, 3 homes games and a scouse pie at anfield is the equivalent of a barca season ticket FFS. and you look for reasons/justifications why, breathtaking mate.
the reason why in my opinion is we have a ground full of craigs.
i remember the Munich chairmen being interview once on talking ticket costs
he smiled and said if we had prem prices here we,d have riots on the streets,, says it all 

get your pitchforks out lads

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 07:41:05 am by Rome-77 »

Offline Mr Mingebag Squid

• Wire glory hunter
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: September 11, 2015, 11:16:05 am »
Brick wall.
My Sporting Dream Team:-
LFC - Worcester Warriors - Warrington Wolves - New England Patriots - Jenson Button
My Twatter : @MrHappySquid

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #116 on: September 11, 2015, 03:21:29 pm »
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: September 11, 2015, 06:24:24 pm »
Peter McGurk,  are you telling me the only way we can have cheaper tickets is if we have %fan ownership.
with all the money coming into the prem "TV,corporate,sponsorship" at the moment.
Germany was only an example, take any another European country if you like.
we pay twice as much as the next dearest, 3 homes games and a scouse pie at anfield is the equivalent of a barca season ticket FFS. and you look for reasons/justifications why, breathtaking mate.
the reason why in my opinion is we have a ground full of craigs.
i remember the Munich chairmen being interview once on talking ticket costs
he smiled and said if we had prem prices here we,d have riots on the streets,, says it all 

get your pitchforks out lads

Enjoy your revolution matey.

But seriously. You tell us how you can achieve what you want - in realistic and achievable terms taking all of the above into account and bearing in mind saying you want it so don't make it so.

Offline Rome-77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: September 11, 2015, 06:36:28 pm »
Enjoy your revolution matey.

But seriously. You tell us how you can achieve what you want - in realistic and achievable terms taking all of the above into account and bearing in mind saying you want it so don't make it so.

first we have to get organized and start mass protest at all prem clubs.
we carry on until they really get the message,
then when another tv deal comes in as big as the last one, knowing they really have to sort it out 
all the club owner all decide to use this solely for a ticket price reduction plan across the board.
example last tv deal could have reduce costs up to 34%.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2015, 06:45:50 pm by Rome-77 »

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #119 on: September 11, 2015, 08:15:39 pm »
And you think they really give a shit? For every single person who's willing to do this there's 5 willing to take their place. The power right now is with the clubs, not the fans.