Author Topic: The English Football Poker/Brinkmanship/Chicken/FFS Draft - Rules and Round 11  (Read 25843 times)

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Round 4 has begin, and will finish at 9pm tomorrow night if not before.

18/19 CBs.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
So turns out we are both stubborn bastards when it comes to Ricardo Pereira!

I’ve got two right backs I want in the next band. I’m sure they’re the same two you want so it’s a 50/50 shot. I will be picking the one with the top level trophies to his name. If you want him then I guess I’ll see you in the Championship!

As for left backs, there are enough good ones for everyone at this second tier. All of them are a similar level, no need for anyone to do anything stupid (this is definitely a Mexican standoff situation!). Everybody just Chil and this should all go Well. Get it!

I can't think of any right back in that band with trophies so I think you're safe.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
I can't think of any right back in that band with trophies so I think you're safe.

8)
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
How we getting on with this round?

My prediction is someone uses a ringer and only a couple of people get caught out as there is a wider range of people to pick from who are genuine centre backs.
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan

My prediction is someone uses a ringer and only a couple of people get caught out as there is a wider range of people to pick from who are genuine centre backs.

Saving the ringer for the strikers  ;D

• Legacy Fan

Well this will go well for us
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I've had great back fours and midfields sn the past, and won fck all so, I'm changing my tactics :D

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan

Yeah me too  ;)

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
This next one is for my SL coaching friend Dollar!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan
I've had great back fours and midfields sn the past, and won fck all so, I'm changing my tactics :D

I'm just looking forward to us picking the same striker

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Return of Mack

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

• Legacy Fan

Stay away!!!~  ;D

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby

8 down, 2 to go...

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
This next one is for my SL coaching friend Dollar!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K6ZCa9PI4Vs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K6ZCa9PI4Vs</a>
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/K6ZCa9PI4Vs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/K6ZCa9PI4Vs</a>

Nicely played - even was enough lullabye for my 3 year old - well out mate!

Hint: Sprechen Ze Sierra Leone - Dollar :)
« Last Edit: July 26, 2019, 03:25:54 pm by Trendisnotdestiny »
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
One more to go....

• Legacy Fan

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Vishwa ;d

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Vishwa ;d

What's the schedule?  He has 2 1/2 hours until deadline? 

Btw, Vishwa nice picks at Rb and Lb mate!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
One more to go....

Any non-descript comments or comical comments from the picks to tide us over as we wait?

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
When you’ve got multiple picks each round is so daunting. I could be back on track with a tier 1 cb, tier 2 lb and tier 3 rb or I could drop a tier in each!

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
What's the schedule?  He has 2 1/2 hours until deadline? 

Btw, Vishwa nice picks at Rb and Lb mate!

Yep. Deadline is 9pm.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
When you’ve got multiple picks each round is so daunting. I could be back on track with a tier 1 cb, tier 2 lb and tier 3 rb or I could drop a tier in each!

Maybe you should Chill your Tip with the Right Targett?
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
If you miss the deadline you drop two tiers, whatever the reason. It seems v harsh but there has to be an imperative to pick. One, because clashing picks makes the game interesting and without it it becomes stale, and two to stop people trying to game the system to pick up a Player from  a lower tier.

If you really want a lower tier player, go for the best possible top tier player. If you get them, great, if not you might just block someone else.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yep. Deadline is 9pm.

Nobody Blocks Britches!!!!

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders, the most famous of which is “Never get involved in a land war in Asia,” but only slightly less well known is this: “Never give encouragement to Trend to post more gifs!".

:D

He doesn't need any encouragement though, if you whinge about his gifs, he'll threaten you with more  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Let’s just thank fuck it’s not Andy and his dreadful giffage
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

And the gifs stopped; time to put them down now.

THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
If you miss the deadline you drop two tiers, whatever the reason. It seems v harsh but there has to be an imperative to pick. One, because clashing picks makes the game interesting and without it it becomes stale, and two to stop people trying to game the system to pick up a Player from  a lower tier.

If you really want a lower tier player, go for the best possible top tier player. If you get them, great, if not you might just block someone else.

Your rules, but I’d suggest that if somebody misses a deadline for a round then they should be frozen out of picking that position until everybody else has picked a player. Say Vishwa doesn’t pick this round, he’ll get the chance to pick the best CB from tier 3, while some of us may miss out on tier 1 & 2 picks and then go to pick from tier 3 and the best CB has gone cos he had a free run at it... Unless I’m mistaken in what you’re saying?

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that anyway!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan

Ha, he is exceptionally bad at that.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Your rules, but I’d suggest that if somebody misses a deadline for a round then they should be frozen out of picking that position until everybody else has picked a player. Say Vishwa doesn’t pick this round, he’ll get the chance to pick the best CB from tier 3, while some of us may miss out on tier 1 & 2 picks and then go to pick from tier 3 and the best CB has gone cos he had a free run at it... Unless I’m mistaken in what you’re saying?

Hopefully it doesn’t come to that anyway!

If you miss your pick, you don’t get a tier one OR tier two player. You come in with people at tier 3, you don’t get a free run at anything.

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
If you miss your pick, you don’t get a tier one OR tier two player. You come in with people at tier 3, you don’t get a free run at anything.

Ahhh ok, didn’t know how you were implementing it!
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
I might give him another few hours. He’s in India though according to his profile so he’s probably not going to be awake for a while if he isn’t already ;D

• Legacy Fan
I might give him another few hours. He’s in India though according to his profile so he’s probably not going to be awake for a while if he isn’t already ;D

He knew the rules.

I cancelled my holiday to India for this.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Mate, he's had 24 hours. I could get to India and back in that time.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
He knew the rules.

I cancelled my holiday to India for this.

I’m going to give him til midnight UK time. And I will offer similar extensions to other drafters. It’s more fun to get 10 picks after all.

After midnight I’ll post the picks, and the next round will start at 9am tomorrow.

• Legacy Fan
I’m going to give him til midnight UK time. And I will offer similar extensions to other drafters. It’s more fun to get 10 picks after all.

After midnight I’ll post the picks, and the next round will start at 9am tomorrow.

So I've got to wait 3 more hours to find out if I was the only one to pick Messi as a centre back?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Ok, mate, it's your show but if he picks Phil Jones I will go apeshit

Offline JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Ok, mate, it's your show but if he picks Phil Jones I will go apeshit

:lmao

I’ll see you all at 12 ;D

• Legacy Fan
You sounded all strict earlier and look at you now backtracking tskkk.... :D