Author Topic: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...  (Read 151355 times)

Offline smitalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Man Utd vs Liverpool-In Game Commentary & Post game shite...
« Reply #1000 on: September 19, 2010, 05:37:24 pm »
-- Quote from: shockwave_dave on Today at 05:21:28 PM ---
Don't even get this attitude. Rafa's record against united in his early years with us, was shite

--- End quote ---

Agree, i think its only fair to compare tonights results with rafa first performance against the mancs.

Can't agree with this. Rafa in his earlier years was adjusting to a new team and a new league. With Roy, you could excuse he's lack of familiarity with the team but not the league. He's played Man U at OT lots of times before. I'd be interested to know if he's ever won there?

Another point: I can't understand the logic of those who compare the dross we've seen so far with what happened last season and say that Roy's doing no worse than Rafa did then. I don't find the thought that our team under Roy is "only" as bad as it was in Rafa's worst season at all comforting.

This season is depressing me sooo much. We're fucked both on and off the pitch it seems.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1001 on: September 19, 2010, 05:37:58 pm »

Don't even get this attitude. Rafa's record against united in his early years with us, was shite

Really? I've seen us go there and look unlikely to score more times than I can count in the last twenty years or so.

Inspid lifeless performances against them up the road have on the whole pretty much been our calling card in the league ..........they certainly were for the first few years under Rafa, and Ged didnt start all that cleverly against them either.

He improved though so now it appears we are going backwards.

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #1002 on: September 19, 2010, 05:38:28 pm »
Can I have some of whatever Roy's been drinking?

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/roy-s-united-verdict

"Our goal at the start of the season was to compete for a Champions League place, but perhaps that means you are automatically going to compete for the league because quite often the difference between first and fourth place isn't a vast number of points.

"If we are good enough to get into the top four, who knows, maybe we can get closer to the number one position.

"I won't say we can't do it, nor will I say we can do it."

Why not? He was criticised for saying we won't win the league, today he's said let's try?

We have, so far the same amount of points as in the equivalent fixtures last season. Now let's give it a go. Sunderland and Blackpool will show whether we are crap or not. 6 points minimum.

Offline yusendo

• Main Stander
    • daily lfc news
« Reply #1003 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:02 pm »
Inshallah means God Willing. Itha lam yashaa means if he doesn't will. Yashaa is a word that means willing. Allah sometimes wills, and sometimes doesn't. Just like many people.

thanks i know that and i used that often everyday.

Jaza kallahu khoiron.
http://www.liverpool-reds.info/
IN EVERY HEART RED STRENGTH - OUR HEARTS ARE MANY - OUR STRENGTH YOUR ENVY

Offline Our No.9 never dives

• Anny Roader
  • Legend
« Reply #1004 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:08 pm »
I dont have anything against Roy.

But i felt we should have went with lucas instead of poulsen or raul.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1005 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:10 pm »
this is the starting lineup i want to see for all leauge games from now on

reina
kelly        Soto  Agger   Aurelio(if fit)
                  lucas  Raul
gerrard          joe cole             jovanovic
                     Torres

Bench: Kuyt, Ngog, carra, poulsen, babel, jones

I'd pretty much agree with all that, although I would start Kuyt over Jovanovic. Gerrard behind Torres and Cole on the left.

Offline Stretch Armstrong

• Had sex with a swan
  • Legacy Fan
    • My LFC Blog!
« Reply #1006 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:41 pm »
No wonder they brought Roy in; he's to blame for the shite team and squad now.  I had it down to them cowboys who let quality leave to pay the bills

It's Hicks and Gilette who are to blame for this shit squad, inability to keep talent, inability to replace talent. Roy is just a bloke who had a chance at managing Liverpool and took it.  In an ideal world Rafa would of been given the money to take us to the next level - instead we lined the pockets ofthe owners

Let's not forget the real reason behind our decline
homepage: www.liverpoolmoods.com

Follow me on Twatter: @toggerguru

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1007 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:43 pm »
The most worrying thing for me today was Nando, he looks really short of confidence and fitness and most importantly his body language was not good from what I saw

I don't think he got one decent ball to work with all day. When he pushed forward to put them under pressure, he was the only one trying. Can't expect him to shine then.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1008 on: September 19, 2010, 05:39:56 pm »
Well, it was a bit tongue in cheek, but I respect your opinion.

The thing is, I find it really very difficult to get behind and support someone who has been hired by everything I hate about this club and everything I absolutely despise about football in general. I'm basically unable to show compassion or support for someone brought in to be a yes man by the very people we want rid of. I find it difficult to get past the FACT that his record in this league, bar one good season last year, is appalling, and that he's here to do their bidding.

I'll admit one thing, none of that is his fault. But I'm not going to pussyfoot around the fact that he isn't good enough, and in comparison to our last manager (who hilariously was deemed not good enough) is the bottom of the barrell. Our ex-manager went straight to the European and Italian Champions, and we got someone who has been around a lot, with hardly any success, and managed Fulham. I'm just finding that difficult to accept, and if I'm to fully understand why Roy Hodgson deserves to be manager of Liverpool FC then I'm afraid I need to have something to go on. Right now there's nothing to suggest that's coming.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to start going around shouting "Hodgson out!" and expecting people to join in, I'm just saying he needs to prove he deserves this job.

Fair dos. Like you say, none of this is Roy's fault. But I do think his team will improve and we'll see a decent team emerge this season.

Time.

Offline shockwave_dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1009 on: September 19, 2010, 05:40:42 pm »
People need to look at the bigger picture here, our performances have been shocking.
We scored today from 2 set pieces, apart from that their keeper had nothing to do, that is the worring thing

we are not battering teams, aka chelsea, arsenal, manutd, they are all averaging 3 goals a game, on in chelseas case 10
No where near enough chances created in games, we are replying on a few chances and to take one of them, its all percentages
ANother worring point was their goals, all from crosses into our box, just like i posted yesterday that would happen, birmingham also last week
bring back hyypia
we have sold quality and replaced them with average, raul looks good though

I completely agree with your bolded part.

But, for me, this has been going on for over a year. It's Rafa's teams problems carried into Roy's

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #1010 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:02 pm »
I've just had a look at our fixture list. This is our league run in from now until the end of November.

Sunderland - Home
Blackpool - Home
Everton - Away
Blackpool - Home
Chelsea - Home
Wigan - Away
Stoke -Away
West Ham - Home

This has to be where we kick start our season.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1011 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:19 pm »
I don't think he got one decent ball to work with all day. When he pushed forward to put them under pressure, he was the only one trying. Can't expect him to shine then.

Agree
He got 2 balls through to him and created 2 goals. Before that he was completely isolated and had to come back to the half way line to pick up anything. Can't expect anything from him if he is feeding off scraps

Offline BazC

• ...is as good as Van Basten
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1012 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:40 pm »
I'm not being facetious here, but do you draw a line between supporting the manager and supporting upper management at the club? Because the previous manager was hired by a different regime, one that we didn't have much in the way of outward hatred for. This one was appointed by folks who we have the utmost contempt for. Does that not play into your thinking, because it certainly plays into mine. Again, I'm not trying to be a dick here, I'm just trying to explain my own complex feelings. 

It would help if Hodgson gave me some pride. Today was the perfect opportunity. A United team that's shit at the back, that is shipping goals, that cannot hold a lead, that just sufferred a devastating injury to their best wide player, that has a so-called World Class forward that's firing blanks, and that just coughed up 2 goals in the 90th minute to an abject Everton side. Ferguson comes out pre-match and completely changes the subject, suggesting Rafa was shit, and our owners aren't that bad (it should be noted that United fans are fucking furious that Ginsoak doesn't embrace their Norwich scarves).

We on the other hand haven't started out very badly, sure it could be better, but we were on a high having won 4-1 midweek, and we could have taken advantage. Hodgson could have gotten into Ginsoak's head, talking about how they're blowing leads right left and center, or something along those lines. He could have gotten a result, which would have gone a long way towards cementing the support that you so crave. But he didn't. Instead the word Berbaflop will forever now be countered with hattrick against Liverpool.

He's not doing himself any favours. They were there for the taking today. And we couldn't take advantage.

That makes it murky now. If you want to criticise Roy for being appointed by this board, then fair enough. But should those criticisms be football related? Do Rafa's fuck ups (and how many times did we think he should have gone for the jugular rather than take the more 'conservative' approach at times?) mean less than Roy's because of the people they were hired by were different?

It's funny because everything Roy's getting criticised for is the same things Rafa used to get criticised for. The result at OT last season was shite as well, and that's when we went 1-0 up!

“This place will become a bastion of invincibility and you are very lucky young man to be here. They will all come here and be beaten son”

Offline rickythered

• facedranter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We won it 5 Times
« Reply #1013 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:49 pm »
The reality of modern day football is unless you have some oil rich meglomaniac owning your club you don't stand a chance of competing at the top. Football has become a fucking joke, not worth getting upset about anymore.
“The Liverpool jersey has become heavy to wear and I want to change that.” Brendan Rodger's

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #1014 on: September 19, 2010, 05:41:55 pm »
It wasn't though. Today was different to what I've seen us do there over the last few years.

indeed, that gutless 2-0 defeat springs to mind
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Online smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:02 pm »
I've just had a look at our fixture list. This is our league run in from now until the end of November.

Sunderland - Home
Blackpool - Home
Everton - Away
Blackpool - Home
Chelsea - Home
Wigan - Away
Stoke -Away
West Ham - Home

Hopefully we'll beat Blackpool at home then, we get two cracks at it!

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: September 19, 2010, 05:42:25 pm »

Sunderland - Home
Blackpool - Home
Everton - Away
Blackpool - Home
Chelsea - Home
Wigan - Away
Stoke -Away
West Ham - Home

playing Blackpool at home twice must be an advantage

Offline scouse29

• Legacy Fan
  • Koppite
« Reply #1017 on: September 19, 2010, 05:43:35 pm »

Sunderland - Home
Blackpool - Home
Everton - Away
Blackpool - Home
Chelsea - Home
Wigan - Away
Stoke -Away
West Ham - Home

Loving we get the chance to play Blackpol twice at home!!!
The Liverpool way!!!

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1018 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:17 pm »
indeed, that gutless 2-0 defeat springs to mind

We made it too easy for them today
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:34 pm »

"Our goal at the start of the season was to compete for a Champions League place, but perhaps that means you are automatically going to compete for the league because quite often the difference between first and fourth place isn't a vast number of points.

"If we are good enough to get into the top four, who knows, maybe we can get closer to the number one position.

Finally we have stated the obvious, that we should compete for a top four spot.

I agree with Roy, that we shouldn't rule out a title challenge. And for the hundredth time: it doesn't mean I expect us to win, nor that I think we should sack the manager if we fail to win the PL.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #1020 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:42 pm »
They were all over us for the first 15 mins or so. Very lucky not to go 1 or 2 down. After this we got hold of the ball, and held onto it well enough, although had no penetration whatsoever.
Same old story, can't say I'm surprised.
We had no width, and Maxi/Cole out wide just didn't work for us.
Well why did he start with Maxi. Has trickery but no pace. Save him for the other lesser teams. Great in mid week against inferior opposition, but should never have started this game.
When Maxi was replaced by Ngog on about 50 mins, and we sent 2 up front, we pretty much immediately looked better and created a couple of reasonable chances, both of which the Manc defenders gifted us (a pen and a fk). At the back, we were good when the ball was on the ground, but woeful when the ball came in the air (3 goals all from the air). I'd probably give us a 4/10 all up to be honest.

4-4-2 away from home means we are going to the opposing teams ground intent on winning. 4-5-1 away from home is shite. More or less been found out have to change it up.
Don't think Roy has the tactical sense to work with 4-5-1.
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #1021 on: September 19, 2010, 05:44:50 pm »

Sunderland - Home
Blackpool - Home
Everton - Away
Blackpool - Home
Chelsea - Home
Wigan - Away
Stoke -Away
West Ham - Home

Great! We play Blackpool at home twice!

Seriously, I would expect us to take 14 points from those games. Realistically I can see us taking 10-11.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #1022 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:06 pm »
;D
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:08 pm »
Just sat back, invited pressure and then allowed countless crosses to go into the box.

When we cannot defend in the air.

Every time an opposing team sends in a cross or corner kick, I expect them to score.  And yet, we're not closing down space.

Mancs knew what they were doing.  Just like Brum did, only Reina saved us then.
King Kenny.

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:16 pm »
No wonder they brought Roy in; he's to blame for the shite team and squad now.  I had it down to them cowboys who let quality leave to pay the bills

It's Hicks and Gilette who are to blame for this shit squad, inability to keep talent, inability to replace talent. Roy is just a bloke who had a chance at managing Liverpool and took it.  In an ideal world Rafa would of been given the money to take us to the next level - instead we lined the pockets ofthe owners

This.

I find it hard to criticise Roy that much, when we only came 7th last year and have since lost players like Mascherano. If you're going to get £25M for a player and then given say £10m to pay for a replacement, the quality is bound to diminish. And Roy's starting off from a shite basis already.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #1025 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:20 pm »
We may have been set up defensively previously, but we let Man Utd play today and didn't press them at all, let them work the ball and get crosses in against players who are presently struggling with balls into the box. Offensively, I don't think we were set up right today, we looked ponderous in possession and I think Gerrard needed to be swapped with Meireles with Lucas brought in. That, I think, would have added more to our attacking play.
The post your replying to there, and many, many others just utterly reinforces a long held view of mine - namely that most people don't actually watch football at all. They watch results, and they watch players, but they don't really watch the football. Their verdict on how the match went is entirely determined by hindsight, based on the results, with performances rated according to a) how much they liked the players in the first place and b) how much hugely memorable eye-catching stuff they did on the pitch. It's got absolutely bugger all to do with the balance of play.

The tactical differences between Roy's and Rafa's Liverpool side are huge and numerous, and indeed completely obvious (you would think), that so many don't see it just shows how poorly tactics are understood. The media reaction is completely telling as well - I haven't heard anything about the lack of pressing or the narrowness, or the fact we're setting up the same week in week out. In short, the media analyse games exactly the same way - they look at results, determine an agenda and won't change that unless there's a big change in results.

That's why commentators will bang on about how beautiful and attacking Man Utd are (and indeed as will fans), in the mist of tedious run of 14 grinding 1-0 wins which reminded me of nothing more than Arsenal under Graham. It's a major problem with football in this country at all levels of the game, and something I find profoundly depressing.

On a brighter note, it's still why sites like RAWK are so good - I might possibly have given up on football completely if there weren't sites like this and posters like yourself (and many others) about, who really want to learn about the game and think about it in a different way.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #1026 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:40 pm »

dont really think it would be an advantage for us....they won away at newcastle last week :D
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1027 on: September 19, 2010, 05:45:43 pm »
We may have been set up defensively previously, but we let Man Utd play today and didn't press them at all, let them work the ball and get crosses in against players who are presently struggling with balls into the box. Offensively, I don't think we were set up right today, we looked ponderous in possession and I think Gerrard needed to be swapped with Meireles with Lucas brought in. That, I think, would have added more to our attacking play.

No mistake about it.......we were shite. Vulnerable at the back, short of ideas in possession and our best players are managing to stay perhipheral to everything going on on the pitch. Truth told we have been that bad from the start of the season in the league and today was just a continuation of what we saw at Brum which for my money was far more concerning than anything we saw today.

Point is i've seen us go to Old Trafford in great form and still dish up exactly that again and again........ usually conceding in the last ten minutes just to rub salt into the wounds of repeatedly shite performances.

Offline Skuzzlebutt

• Legacy Fan
  • Hulk share opinion!!
« Reply #1028 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:13 pm »
Of all the short sighted 'not getting it' posts I've had the displeasure to read, that takes the biscuit.

Hodgson's army! :lmao your what, 12?

Ahem. 

*Whispers so not to make you look a twat* 

That was tongue in cheek, right there champ.  To counter your equally overstated description of anyone who likes Rafa as having a bedspread with his face on it and wallpaper to match.

Oh and when you contract you and are it makes you're

My teacher gave me that to do as homework....because I'm twelve....ahem   :wave
We're gonna win the league-omiter

[00.........................................................]

V5. 2013 edition.  Optimism levels rusted solid.  We're givin' her all she's got Captain!!!

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1029 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:40 pm »
It's funny because everything Roy's getting criticised for is the same things Rafa used to get criticised for. The result at OT last season was shite as well, and that's when we went 1-0 up!

Don't you find it funny that for a manager allegedly appointed because of footballing reasons, and whom the board promised to be superior to our previous one in every way in footballing terms, is making the same mistakes as his predecessor?
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Brother Mouzone

• Kopite
  • Keep your head up, keep kicking and don't drown
« Reply #1030 on: September 19, 2010, 05:46:51 pm »
Game was irrelevant - I refer you to the thread entitled:

URGENT: Hicks's 281m loan - campaign to fight for our club!
If you are visiting Crete this year or any of the Greek islands please take a minute to visit this website www.findstevencook.co.uk and learn about a good Red who needs your help.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1031 on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:02 pm »

To be honest I prefer this sort of response to anything Roy has come out and said before. It shows he is hopefully starting to see us a liverpool side that can hopefully compete and not as a side that just expects a draw from a brummie game.

First signs he is coming to understand he is coaching liverpool, not fullham

Offline Dr Cornwallis

• Ministry of Scilly Talks :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: September 19, 2010, 05:47:09 pm »
BBC Sport's Phil McNulty at Old Trafford: "Manchester United had time to recover from losing their lead this week and they fully deserved to win, with Dimitar Berbatov producing a masterclass. They were vastly superior to an ordinary Liverpool."

Vastly superior?
Really?  Looked pretty ordinary to me, a couple of poorly defended headers and a sublime (albeit lucky) overhead lobby goal aside.
We scored two and O Shea should have been sent off, fair analysis Phil?
Why don't you stick to saying "yeah, he could be the next Kaka" about every 17 year old in Brazil you see, I enjoy reading your guesswork.

Offline dannymc

• Wannabee RAWK dogger
  • Legacy Fan
  • Any spares
« Reply #1033 on: September 19, 2010, 05:48:16 pm »
shite defending for all 3 of their goals

frustrating, we could have got somethig easily there today
If he scores more goals than Torres this season ill change me name to Carol.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: September 19, 2010, 05:48:44 pm »
The reality of modern day football is unless you have some oil rich meglomaniac owning your club you don't stand a chance of competing at the top. Football has become a fucking joke, not worth getting upset about anymore.

Money helps, but that is to make it too easy on ourselves. Look at the subs today. I think we had a better bench than them. I don't think they had a better team out there (on paper), but their mentality is miles ahead of ours. We can still compete, but we're too busy finding an excuse or a way to surrender.

Offline ghost77uk

• Kopite
    • Steve Kingsman Photography
« Reply #1035 on: September 19, 2010, 05:49:18 pm »
My thoughts now I've calmed down...

Thought Webb had a decent game with the one exception of showing the wrong coloured card to O'Shite - He was last man standing IMO and should have walked...I don't believe for a minute VDS was going to get there before El Nino!

Credit where it's due, but Berbatov's second goal was pure quality. Up until that point LFC were very, very poor. Whilst we passed the ball around quite well we never once hurt the home side...As soon as we got into the attacking third our players all got a nose bleed! We lacked pace, creativity, passion and looked very, very predictable. Torres was a very isolated figure up front and it's hardly surprising he looks so pissed off...I know I would be if I was in his position only getting balls pumped up to me in the air...What the hell is he meant to do...I know on his day he is a world class player, but he's not Superman!

The second half was much the same until Berba's wonder goal which seemed to sting the side into life and having somehow got ourselves back to 2-2 we then went back to our usual selves...Carra & Skittles kept dropping deeper & deeper and O'Shite was given all the time in the world to cross for the winner. Torres looked more of a threat once Ngog came on and he had someone to share the burden of United's back four.

I personally don't understand why Agger is being left out and really feel that it's time to try Agger & Skittles at the back, what harm can it do, we're leaking goals a lot faster then we're scoring them that's for sure! United are not as strong as they were, we played too deep and gave them far too much respect. I find it so difficult to accept just how far we've fallen in such a short space of time. We still have so many talented footballers, but I'm not so sure the tactics we play suits the players we have. Time will tell I guess, but so far nothing has changed under RH then what we witnessed under RB last season. Did we manage one shot on target from open play this afternoon? For the talented players we have on the pitch that is surely worrying? Yes early days into RH's reign a lot of you will shout and I'm not having a pop at him, but we should be creating at least one clear chance in open play. Everything is played in front of the opposition back four and whenever there is a long ball played it's a 'hoof' rather then a cracking ranking pass that we can all applaud.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1036 on: September 19, 2010, 05:49:30 pm »

No one can disagree with that.

Just fuming that we had the chance to win this game, sat back and it blew up in our faces. You'd think we would have learned our lesson from previous seasons.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline rednich85

• Gargantuan Wanker. Intimately linked to Keys and Gray.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Stay Black. That's the most important thing.
« Reply #1037 on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:00 pm »
a sublime (albeit lucky) overhead lobby goal aside.
We scored two and O Shea should have been sent off, fair analysis Phil?

Why was Berbatovs overhead kick 'lucky'?

Why should O'Shea have been sent off?
"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons."

@rednich85

Offline Effes

• Bat droppings in the gym. Bestial Porn Fiend. Horsey horsey dont you stop, now you're wanted by internet cop. Four legs good, two legs bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No longer goes the game. Thread-starter bore
« Reply #1038 on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:13 pm »
Conversion into the opposite - a fool who persists in his folly will become wise.

Offline Fitzy.

• I before E, except in Dalglish. Thumbs down for thumbs up! Premature ejaculator in the post-match whopper circle jerk. Might be the Rupert Pupkin to Neil Atkinson's Jerry Langford. Wants to know who did this, but may never find out.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Indefatigability
« Reply #1039 on: September 19, 2010, 05:50:25 pm »
shite defending for all 3 of their goals

First and third. Second was just class.