Author Topic: Fabio Aurelio  (Read 262408 times)

Online lukas

• Legacy Fan
Re: Fabio Aurelio
« Reply #1360 on: March 10, 2009, 03:58:06 pm »
Got a feeling he will score tonight.

Go ed Fabio.

:scarf
PSN:lr3487

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1361 on: March 10, 2009, 09:38:15 pm »
A supreme show of class full-backery.

Fabio!

Offline Franck Le Poof

• Blonde transvestite who is utterly haunted by the idea of sitting in other mens piss. Has ticked the box for no publicity ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1362 on: March 10, 2009, 09:40:24 pm »
Immense.
Whenever I meet a French girl I kiss her on both cheeks. Then I stand up and say hello

Online lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1363 on: March 10, 2009, 10:29:36 pm »
He was boss tonight, really pleased for him, he doesnt get enough credit.
PSN:lr3487

Offline matycowling1007

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1364 on: March 10, 2009, 10:30:27 pm »
My man of the match absolutely class. touch, turn of pace, passing and most of all awerness of players around him awesome.

Offline Peyres

• Kopite
« Reply #1365 on: March 10, 2009, 10:31:05 pm »
BOSS

Offline Gary_17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1366 on: March 10, 2009, 10:31:22 pm »
Absolutely top drawer again. Definitely in his prime form for Liverpool at the minute. Made up for him.
Justice for the 96

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1367 on: March 10, 2009, 10:37:12 pm »
If he can steer clear from injuries, and we can have a left back like that available for an entire season, our title aspirations will gain some ground.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1368 on: March 10, 2009, 10:38:27 pm »
Soo-poib tonight.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Online gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #1369 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:18 pm »
I actually cringed when he went down with a hard fall near the end.

What I love about him is how intricate his passing is, to the untrained eye a lot of his passes could well look like long balls that find their way to a man. But he sure means the majority of them.
AHA!

Offline Eightn17

• Main Stander
  • Justice for the 96
« Reply #1370 on: March 10, 2009, 10:40:37 pm »
Feel our game is much better with our 2 fullbacks fit and ready, was good to have both Aurelio and Arby back at it tonight.
Red Nets - All Red kit - and Brendan Rodgers ......

"It's not just a football club, it's a way of life. And that suits me fine because football's my life and my passion. Hopefully I can make the supporters proud. I'll fight for my life to ensure we can share some success here."

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1371 on: March 10, 2009, 10:50:35 pm »
I actually cringed when he went down with a hard fall near the end.

Same - hope he hasn't injured anything.

All round great game tonight. Set pieces were great, producing the headed Skrtel chance - something I'd like to see more of. He was calm and collected in possession, put in great blocks and tackles at the back, and played some excellent passes. Even threw in a bit of flair on occasion with a couple of deft touches.

Offline STORMTROOPER

• RAWK Pedagogue.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1372 on: March 10, 2009, 10:53:19 pm »
he really is a quality footballer - where was robben?  he dissappeared like ibrahimovic does.

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1373 on: March 10, 2009, 11:43:02 pm »
Well in Fabio. If he can take some magic potions for health and fitness, it will be great news for us!
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1374 on: March 11, 2009, 12:50:04 am »
Best left back the club has had for years

Offline Neil D

• The new Kop pin-up model. Met Momo in the ASDA.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1375 on: March 11, 2009, 01:07:52 am »
I know it's smug but I fucking love being proved right when it comes to Fabio

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1376 on: March 11, 2009, 01:19:08 am »

And why not?!  I'm pleased you're smug about it!

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #1377 on: March 11, 2009, 01:20:03 am »
Outstanding again tonight.

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
« Reply #1378 on: March 11, 2009, 01:50:35 am »
Best performance in a Liverpool shirt to date, easily.
hi

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1379 on: March 11, 2009, 01:54:04 am »
His crossins getting better and better, not to mention his defending as well......good stuff Fabio!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline Mother.F

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1380 on: March 11, 2009, 01:57:51 am »

I don't know that there is necessarily anything smug about vindication.

He really was outstanding again.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #1381 on: March 11, 2009, 02:03:14 am »
Another great performance, keep it up Fabio Lad!!!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline gritsvanilla

• Legacy Fan
  • A Light Souffle With Razor Blades
« Reply #1382 on: March 11, 2009, 04:35:18 am »
Honestly if Fab could stay fit we'd have one of the best Left Backs in the Premiership/Europe, i think he's a class act.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1383 on: March 11, 2009, 04:36:54 am »
Best performance in a Liverpool shirt to date, easily.
It's hard to say best, when he performs consistently like that. He's really good, and the only thing that lets him down is injuries. Let's hope he steers clear from that for the rest of the season, and see what happens with United and the title.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Daranoza

• Legacy Fan
  • Once more unto the breach, dear friends.
« Reply #1384 on: March 11, 2009, 08:06:52 am »
It seems that every week someone is saying "that was his best performance in our shirt" and then the following week that gets overtaken by another best performance.

It's been a series of best performances.

The little knock at the end look like bugger all but you never know with this particular player. A tiny knock can last weeks.

(fingers crossed)
Blank.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1385 on: March 11, 2009, 08:15:10 am »
It seems that every week someone is saying "that was his best performance in our shirt" and then the following week that gets overtaken by another best performance.

It's been a series of best performances.

The little knock at the end look like bugger all but you never know with this particular player. A tiny knock can last weeks.

(fingers crossed)
Hes getting sharper with the more games he gets .. fingers crossed he stays fit ... one of our best players this season IMO.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1386 on: March 11, 2009, 10:08:51 am »
Yet another inevitably top-drawer performance of assurance, composure, and superlative quality. The media can stick their Evra's, Clichy's and Cole's up their collective arses.

I also loved this piece re. Fabio and Rafa in the normally-reviled Guardian yesterday....not just the part about his 2004 last-game goal to help snatch the title from Madrid (god, if he could repeat that in May!) but the truly admirable attitude shown at the end re. his contract status being truly unimportant in the grand scheme of things (something which certain other players - one who made no bones to reassure his 'fans' that he's been promised one by Rafa, and another not getting games even when suspiciously fit - could learn from).

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/mar/10/fabio-aurelio-rafael-benitez-liverpool

Aurelio dreads seeing the back of Benítez for a second time

Andy Hunter

The Guardian, Tuesday 10 March 2009

The worry for Fabio Aurelio is that parallels between Rafael Benítez's reign at Valencia and Liverpool are not confined to the task of usurping Real Madrid. The Brazilian defender knows from experience what can happen to a club that loses the services of the Spanish manager, and it is a warning from history he believes Liverpool would be wise to heed.

Real's arrival at Anfield tonight marks not only the start of a critical week in Liverpool's season, but their manager's too. Uncertainty continues to stalk Benítez's long-term future and while it had no effect on his players at the Bernabéu a fortnight ago, Aurelio fears the lasting implications for the club should the Spaniard decide he has waited long enough for assurances and leadership from Tom Hicks and George Gillett and walk away.

As part of the Valencia squad that lifted two Spanish league titles and a Uefa Cup in three seasons under Benítez, the Liverpool left-back has good cause to champion the man who embellished his CV and then brought him to the Premier League. And as part of the Valencia squad for two years following Benítez's departure to Anfield in 2004 – the start of a period of managerial turbulence and financial turmoil over the failure to build a new 75,000-seat stadium – Aurelio knows only too well the lasting impact his exit has made.

"Rafa was key to the success Valencia had. We didn't have a squad with big names but we had a very competitive squad, and Rafa coached his players really well," said the Liverpool defender. "Maybe the success of Valencia was 70-80% because of Benítez, and the rest was down to the players.

"It was a big disappointment for Valencia when Rafa left. He came from a second division team [Tenerife] and in his first season he won La Liga ahead of Barcelona and Real Madrid, the first time Valencia had won it in 31 years. Then in his third season he won La Liga again and the Uefa Cup. Everybody was really excited about Rafa and the work he was doing. But he decided to move to Liverpool and another challenge. That affected Valencia a lot as what he did there, nobody could repeat.

"After he left, everybody was comparing the coaches with Rafa. He won 10 games in a row there, so everybody was expecting the next coach to win 11. Now, although the team is [still] not doing well, they have bigger problems with finances because they are trying to build a new stadium without selling the old one first.

"In my opinion it is essential that Liverpool try to keep him. Every year he has been here, the squad has improved. In almost every year he has got to the final stages of the Champions League and we have been getting closer to the title."

Aurelio's close relationship with Benítez – the Brazilian scored in the final-day victory that enabled Valencia to pip Real Madrid to La Liga in 2004 – does not cloud the Liverpool defender's judgment on the significance of this week at Anfield, however. With Manchester United in wait at Old Trafford on Saturday, Liverpool can ill-afford to head down the M62 staring at the prospect of a third season without a trophy. It is, Aurelio accepts, a defining week.

"It's fair to say the next week will make or break our season," admits the player who, with Emiliano Insúa not included on Liverpool's Champions League list, will renew his duel against Arjen Robben tonight. "Our next three games are really important in shaping what our season will end up like. We can only concentrate on the Madrid game for now, but if we can get through to the quarter-finals then it will be a massive confidence boost and will help us in our next two games against United and Aston Villa.

"The United game is our last chance to show we can still be in the title race. When you are at a big club such as Liverpool then you know you have to be fighting for the big challenges such as the final of the Champions League and trying to win the Premier League.

"We have shown we know how to play in the Champions League but we've still got a lot to do in the Premier League. We have a small chance of winning the league but we're going to have to beat United and Villa. But you need to handle that kind of pressure when you are at Liverpool."

Aurelio is, like Benítez, Daniel Agger, Dirk Kuyt and Alvaro Arbeloa, out of contract at the end of next season but insists the lack of dialogue over a new deal troubles him less than the prospect of seeing his manager leave once again.

"To be honest, I am not worried that talks over a possible deal haven't started yet," he added. "I have had some problems with injuries in the past and I am just enjoying the moment of playing in these big games."
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #1387 on: March 11, 2009, 10:13:20 am »
Fabio fans are right to feel smug.

This is some footballer.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1388 on: March 11, 2009, 11:24:45 am »
He has lovely eyes.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1389 on: March 11, 2009, 11:27:07 am »
Honestly if Fab could stay fit we'd have one of the best Left Backs in the Premier League/Europe, i think he's a class act.

I'd go with that. He was MOM for me last night. Defused so many potentially awkward situation. Ball retention was first class while picking a pass seemed to be the equivalent to shelling peas for the lad. Outstanding!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1390 on: March 11, 2009, 11:27:43 am »
He has lovely eyes.

Love to bring him home to meet the parents wouldn't you.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #1391 on: March 11, 2009, 11:39:39 am »
Great performance last night, looked really classy, just hope he can stay fit for the rest of the season.

Online redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
« Reply #1392 on: March 11, 2009, 11:57:33 am »
Took a nasty kick near the end so hope he is fit on Saturday.

Played as well as any other red shirt last night and repeated that slide rule pass down the left for Babel to run on to and cross for the third goal.

He made the exact same weighted pass to Riera last week for the winger to make the cross that enabled N'gog to open the scoring against Sunderland.

I have a feeling he will always be under rated by many.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1393 on: March 11, 2009, 11:58:53 am »
Will he keep his place or will Insua come back in for Saturday?

I think it will be the latter.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1394 on: March 11, 2009, 12:00:43 pm »
Imagine what he could do with one or two extra footballers around him.

Offline Fulla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1395 on: March 11, 2009, 12:01:03 pm »
And why not?!  I'm pleased you're smug about it!

I'm delighted that you're pleased that he's smug about it!
"You don't play chess with Kasparov" - Juande Ramos, 25 Feb 2009

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1396 on: March 11, 2009, 12:04:48 pm »
Serisouly. Have we been in a better positions in terms of left backs over the past 10 years?

- Auerllio is showing his true qualities
- Insua is looking the business
- Dossena scores his first goal for Liverpool!

Jesus!!!

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #1397 on: March 11, 2009, 12:05:30 pm »
Big Fabio face. Looks like he missed a bit shaving ;)

Offline Fulla

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1398 on: March 11, 2009, 12:06:09 pm »
But who will score 30 yard screamers from free kicks against Manure?!

should never have let Riise go...
"You don't play chess with Kasparov" - Juande Ramos, 25 Feb 2009

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #1399 on: March 11, 2009, 12:14:28 pm »
But who will score 30 yard screamers from free kicks against the Mancs?!

should never have let Riise go...

Many moons ago. Not so many moons ago I seem to recall someone putting the ball in his own net late on against a certain scummy Southern outfit, too.