Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 607296 times)

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #7640 on: September 21, 2020, 03:09:38 am »
AD!!!! Buzzer beater in the mamba jerseys...oh baby!

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7641 on: September 21, 2020, 03:10:10 am »
Fuck this  :butt

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7642 on: September 21, 2020, 03:18:22 am »
Thats the series right there, good defense even on that last play and AD just drains it.

I feel sick  :'(

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #7643 on: September 21, 2020, 03:20:24 am »
Jokic and AD were amazing on the clutch. Put a real team around the Joker, he's ready to compete for rings.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7644 on: September 21, 2020, 08:27:02 am »
Man, just wtf was Plumlee doing there? Why did you leave AD all of a sudden there? Such a heartbreaking loss for the Nuggets.
Jokic has my highest respect though, he never ever gives up.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7645 on: September 21, 2020, 11:20:41 am »
Interesting for the Lakers that Danny Green and Kuzma sucked ass during the play-off's (and the regular season) but luckily for them guys like KCP, Rondo and Caruso made those big step's in the play-off's.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #7646 on: September 21, 2020, 03:59:51 pm »
The story of the game winning shot starts with a point guard sitting on the bench watching Green's shot get swatted and go out of bounds.
Rondo actually went to Vogel on the bench and asked to be subbed in, Vogel being the great coach that he is, put him in.

If you look at the moments before Davis shoots, you'll note the absolutely perfect bounce pass from Rondo. A lot of players might have done the quick pass directly to the hands, but a bounce pass actually gives a shooter the time to set their feet (they key to a good shot starts from the footwork) and take the shot in their stride, and all this without taking time of the clock. A quick pass to thehands means the shooter is setting his feet and getting into his shooting stride whilst the clock is ticking.
But he didn't just make a bounce pass at the earliest position, when I first looked at the shot, I was surprised he went so wide to take a 3 when a 2pt shot would have been enough. But Rondo, made Davis take a three by guiding him to that spot with the pass, he had to set his feet beyond the 3pt line just to pick up the ball in his stride and catch and shoot. That extra few inches away from the rim were the extra few inches away from the fingertips of Jokic.

Clutch shot, but such a clutch pass from one of the greatest ever at passing the rock. Rondo deserves credit for that shot as well.
If Giannis is serious about winning titles, he best get himself a point like Rondo. If I was a team out there looking for the next Rondo, I'd gamble on Lonzo Ball, heäs got that passing gene in him that few have, with the game IQ to make the right play at the right time. Just needs to pick up a decent shooting stroke, and get comfortable with shooting when the game gives him the shot.

Great series in both Conferences. What a Playoffs.

The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7647 on: September 21, 2020, 04:11:03 pm »
Jokic and AD were amazing on the clutch. Put a real team around the Joker, he's ready to compete for rings.

Jokic is a baller. Not sure why the Lakers keep switching so much on him, surely makes more sense to force the ball handlers into pushing the offense, giving him the ball in the post with a smaller defender on him and with Jokic's passing ability is just handing Denver points on a platter.

Will be interesting to see if the Lakers risk not switching and keep the ball out of his hands, or at least let him have the ball when he's got a 7fter on him.
Lucky for the Lakers, Vogel's resume is founded on defence, I'm sure they'll work out some sort of strategy that'll let him have the ball with different coverage.

Can you imagine Jokic in Dallas, with KP sent elsewhere? That would be a killer 1-2 punch.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7648 on: September 23, 2020, 04:41:24 am »
2-1  :wave

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7649 on: September 23, 2020, 06:03:47 am »
2-1 is a fair result of 3 games imo, if Lakers lost the 2nd game, i think they'd have put more effort into 3rd.

Now that they are down 2-1, Nuggets will intentionally lose the next and comeback from 3-1, right? :wave

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7650 on: September 23, 2020, 06:06:44 am »
Kuzma pump faking the wide open three  :lmao

You got to love Murray and Jokic two absolute warriors who simply don't know and how to quit

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7651 on: September 23, 2020, 06:50:10 am »
What i really found weird today though, the Lakers seemed tired, like really tired, especially AD and he's one of their younger guys... despite playing way less games.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7652 on: September 23, 2020, 10:31:43 am »
NEWS TIME...

Bulls Hire Billy Donovan As Head Coach

NBA Expected To Start Next Season In January At Earliest

Adam Silver: NBA Not Moving To Disengagement With China A Net Positive

Lakers/Nuggets Game 2 Down 36 Percent From Game 1 Competing Against NFL

J.J. Redick Hopes To Play Four More Seasons

G League Discussing Potential Bubble Tournament In November Or December

ESPN Planning To Move At Least Eight College Basketball Tournaments To Walt Disney World

Romeo Langford Out For Season After Wrist Surgery

76ers Plan On Making Additional Hires To Elton Brand's Front Office

Michael Jordan Partners With Denny Hamlin On NASCAR Team, Bubba Wallace Announced As Driver

Mike D'Antoni, Ty Lue 'Strongly Vying' For 76ers' Job

Montrezl Harrell To Receive Interest From Clippers, Multiple Other Teams

Will Barton Continues To Rehab Knee, Unlikely To Return At Any Point For West Finals

Nick Nurse Now Amongst Highest Paid NBA Coaches At $8M Per Season

Kawhi Leonard, Paul George Haven't Waned In Commitment To Clippers

Hawks Plan On Discussing Extension With John Collins

247 Sports Analyst Josh Gershon To Join Timberwolves

'The Last Dance' Wins Emmy For Outstanding Documentary Or Nonfiction Series

Gordon Hayward To Remain In Bubble For Remainder Of Playoffs

Ty Lawson Cut From Fujian Sturgeons Due To Conduct

Jazz Could Buy Into Second Round Of 2020 Draft, Have Interest In Derrick Favors Reunion

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7653 on: September 23, 2020, 10:41:03 am »
Completely baffling how Lue seems to be in the running for most top available jobs.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7654 on: September 23, 2020, 01:21:26 pm »
I’m assuming JJ Redick wants 4 more seasons in the NBA, that would take him to 40. Be seriously impressive if he manages that!

Well done to the Nuggets, was really hoping they didn’t get whitewashed. As already said, they’ll have to lose game 4 to have any chance of progressing in 7  ;D

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7655 on: September 23, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »
Dirk Jokiczki

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7656 on: September 23, 2020, 04:24:17 pm »
Billy Donovan is a decent hire for the Bulls, happy with that!

Felt Denver were on course to blow that game in the 4th quarter. Some of the play was painful before Murray took control.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7657 on: September 23, 2020, 08:04:53 pm »
I’m assuming JJ Redick wants 4 more seasons in the NBA, that would take him to 40. Be seriously impressive if he manages that!

Well done to the Nuggets, was really hoping they didn’t get whitewashed. As already said, they’ll have to lose game 4 to have any chance of progressing in 7  ;D
I can see that happening to be honest since he is a straight shooter, but his podcast is great so i hope he has a basketball show in 2 years. He has great chemistry with Butler so once he retires, it would be great if these 2 have a show:)

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7658 on: September 23, 2020, 08:10:27 pm »
Completely baffling how Lue seems to be in the running for most top available jobs.
Yeah i keep seeing same names in the cycle which is annoying. Ty Lue, Mike Brown, D'Antoni etc.
If i was a GM I would probably rather give a chance to Ettore Messina before these guys.

Ty Lue rejecting Lakers last year would be costly for his career imo. He wanted 5 years contract and Lakers gave 3. He took that as an insult- which it was as they saw him as "Lebron coach who should be here as long as Lebron is here-, but he will probably never coach a team like Lakers.

Meanwhile it seems like D'Antoni to 76'ers will happen.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7659 on: September 23, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »

Felt Denver were on course to blow that game in the 4th quarter. Some of the play was painful before Murray took control.
He redeemed himself this year imo, his play calling and rotation was thrash when KD and Russ was there.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7660 on: September 24, 2020, 06:04:42 am »
Tyler Herro.. Take a bow son..

Miami Heat is great this post season in close games, noone saw them in the finals and now they are 1 game away.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #7661 on: September 24, 2020, 06:07:56 am »
4.1 loading

:'(
YNWA

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7662 on: September 24, 2020, 09:01:43 am »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7663 on: September 24, 2020, 09:46:51 am »
Report: Clippers Players Were ‘Scratching Their Heads’ at Doc Rivers’ Coaching Decisions in Playoffs

https://ahnfiredigital.com/nba/los-angeles-clippers/report-clippers-players-questioned-doc-rivers-coaching-decisions-nuggets/

“Several players had underwhelming postseason performances,” Charania wrote. “Head coach Doc Rivers had several strategic decisions that left players scratching their heads, such as the decision not to ride a bigger lineup against Nikola Jokic, choosing rotations that did not prioritize more minutes for JaMychal Green and various defensive adjustments. The team also never came together in terms of chemistry or camaraderie inside the bubble. These are all things Rivers and the Clippers will sift through for the entire offseason and into an unknown start date to next season.”

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7664 on: September 24, 2020, 10:41:02 am »

Miami Heat is great this post season in close games, noone saw them in the finals and now they are 1 game away.
I just checked that in March their title odds we're 60-1, I didn't see what it was at that time otherwise I would of had a punt on them to win it all. I've always seen them as the dark horse team to do some damage in these Playoffs and for me their run hasn't been surprising at all as they are extremely well coached.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7665 on: September 24, 2020, 02:09:36 pm »

He's the Herro they want AND the Herro they need.
Only one other rookie (his age)scored more points than Herro in their first playoffs, and that was Magic in the Finals.
Also broke Wade's rookie season most points in a game, record. Shattered it would be better put.
Such a fun Playoffs.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/09/24/delonte-west-disturbing-photo-surfaces-doc-rivers-jameer-nelson-nba-trying-help/

Damn, Delonte West is now homeless.

Sadly, not a new thing for him. I remember reading about him 3-5 years ago or so, several NBA players were trying to help him.
You can't help a person that doesn't prioritise helping themselves. I feel more for those that need help but can't get it, rather than those that need help but won't use it. Harsh, but there's only a finite amount of resources available.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7666 on: September 24, 2020, 02:11:31 pm »
I just checked that in March their title odds we're 60-1, I didn't see what it was at that time otherwise I would of had a punt on them to win it all. I've always seen them as the dark horse team to do some damage in these Playoffs and for me their run hasn't been surprising at all as they are extremely well coached.

This season, all the 4 teams left have been coached at a fantastic level. Though for some reason people seem to have forgotten about Spo. The spotlight left him when Lebron left, but he's an even better coach now than he was then, just flying under the radar.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7667 on: September 24, 2020, 02:19:35 pm »
I've never really had a team in the NBA just watch it casually but I've fallen in love with this Miami team and Herro especially, he's won me some money already this post-season, unashamedly jumping on the Heat bandwagon from now till the end of my days.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7668 on: September 25, 2020, 10:44:32 am »
some of those 4th quarter calls have been disgrace against Nuggets. Lebron hit Murray and they called it a clean block, that phantom Millsap foul, AD gets calls when anyone around breaths.

clearly Silver is begging for Lakers to be in the finals. If it wasn't for that AD 3, Nuggets should've been up 3-1.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7669 on: September 25, 2020, 10:52:49 am »
some of those 4th quarter calls have been disgrace against Nuggets. Lebron hit Murray and they called it a clean block, that phantom Millsap foul, AD gets calls when anyone around breaths.

clearly Silver is begging for Lakers to be in the finals. If it wasn't for that AD 3, Nuggets should've been up 3-1.
Not the first time the Lakers have needed help from the refs to beat a team in the Conference finals. That team they beat back then also had a big man from Serbia in it as well.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7670 on: September 25, 2020, 12:11:14 pm »

The Lakers complained to the league prior to the game about the lack of fouls James was getting. And whola, what do you know happens next...

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7671 on: September 25, 2020, 02:44:32 pm »
The Lakers complained to the league prior to the game about the lack of fouls James was getting. And whola, what do you know happens next...

exactly, Mike Malone was pissed after the game and said maybe he will beg for influence like the Lakers did before 4th game

https://thesportsrush.com/nba-news-going-to-ask-nba-for-more-free-throws-nuggets-mike-malone-slams-lebron-james-and-lakers-for-free-throw-complaint/

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7672 on: September 25, 2020, 04:33:03 pm »
Too much complaining,  fellas. Have you not seen the Playoffs before?
Reputation counts, it's earned. A player on the All Defensive team gets the benefit of the doubt, a player in the All NBA team gets the benefit of the doubt, the MVP gets the benefit of the doubt, the top scorer gets the benefit of the doubt, the Reigning Champs get the benefit of the doubt, and so on and so forth.

These are split second calls, they don't use VAR on every play. On 50-50s or 60-40s, you won't always get the call.
As it is, the Lakers are leading in fouks committed in almost all the games.

The Sacramento Kings lost because they choked in the 4th quarter, their Serbian and Co couldn't make an open shot for 8 mins, that's on them, don't leave it on the refs.

Jokic hasn't scored in the 4th quarter in the last 2 games, he's missing his shots. That's on him. He's too tired at the end of games because his defensivr AND offensive responsibilities are far to much for 1 player to carry for 3 straight series, two of which reached 7 games. That's on the coaches to come up with better sequences. They're getting out rebounded by the Lakers, allowing almost double 2nd hand chances, that's on them. They're a young team with lots of space to grow, every upcoming team has faced these obstacles. I watched the Pistons get nothing against the Celtics and then Lakers, till they earned it. Once the Bulls won their first title, they got the benefit of thr calls against any team. Harden travels so much he plays with his passport in his pocket, Giannis takes 2 steps to reach the ring from the 3pt line but only because he gets a bonus free step.

It's been a fantastic playoffs so far, plenty yet to go. Don't diminish it into complaining about some ref conspiracy,  or Anti Serbian one ;D

Championships are earned and fought for, especially if you're trying to do it as the unknown unheralded underdog. Welcome to the reality of competitive sports :wave

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7673 on: September 25, 2020, 04:48:12 pm »

Let me get this straight.  Silver has instructed the refs to help the Lakers make it to the Finals? If it were that easy, why didn't he just start in the earlier round when the Nuggets faced the Clippers? Clippers vs Lakers would probably have had more viewers than the Finals.

Look at the Nuggets' stats in the 4th quarter. Jokic barely had a shot, he was barely playing, their coach took a gamble thst backfired. Should have trusted him not to get fouled out and added some rebounding presence. Rondo's offensive rebound is a key moment in the last 2 minutes. If Murray wasn't going 12-20, and shooting the lights out (except in the last few minutes) they would have been blown out in the 4th quarter.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7674 on: September 25, 2020, 04:49:38 pm »
Nah I'm not having that. If you had Alex Ferguson send a letter to the league about not getting any penalties, and then the Mancs were proceeded to get penalties against us in the very next match, you'd be fuming.

Nuggets missed too many shots down the stretch, that is entirely on them. However, the notion that you can just go to the league and complain about not getting fouls and then get them in the next match is apsurd.

Offline ApfelStudel

• Anny Roader
« Reply #7675 on: September 25, 2020, 06:14:18 pm »
Some of the officiating last night was embarrassing. Lakers probably had at least 8 free throws that they should not have had, while the nuggets did not get at least 4 clear free throws. So thats about +10 for the Lakers from officiating; its hard to win against that.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7676 on: September 25, 2020, 08:26:51 pm »
Too much complaining,  fellas. Have you not seen the Playoffs before?
Reputation counts, it's earned. A player on the All Defensive team gets the benefit of the doubt, a player in the All NBA team gets the benefit of the doubt, the MVP gets the benefit of the doubt, the top scorer gets the benefit of the doubt, the Reigning Champs get the benefit of the doubt, and so on and so forth.

These are split second calls, they don't use VAR on every play. On 50-50s or 60-40s, you won't always get the call.
As it is, the Lakers are leading in fouks committed in almost all the games.

The Sacramento Kings lost because they choked in the 4th quarter, their Serbian and Co couldn't make an open shot for 8 mins, that's on them, don't leave it on the refs.

Jokic hasn't scored in the 4th quarter in the last 2 games, he's missing his shots. That's on him. He's too tired at the end of games because his defensivr AND offensive responsibilities are far to much for 1 player to carry for 3 straight series, two of which reached 7 games. That's on the coaches to come up with better sequences. They're getting out rebounded by the Lakers, allowing almost double 2nd hand chances, that's on them. They're a young team with lots of space to grow, every upcoming team has faced these obstacles. I watched the Pistons get nothing against the Celtics and then Lakers, till they earned it. Once the Bulls won their first title, they got the benefit of thr calls against any team. Harden travels so much he plays with his passport in his pocket, Giannis takes 2 steps to reach the ring from the 3pt line but only because he gets a bonus free step.

It's been a fantastic playoffs so far, plenty yet to go. Don't diminish it into complaining about some ref conspiracy,  or Anti Serbian one ;D

Championships are earned and fought for, especially if you're trying to do it as the unknown unheralded underdog. Welcome to the reality of competitive sports :wave
1) what sacramento kings? :D for a second you made me think as if you're validating Lakers' WCF win against Sacramento and serbian+co being Divac and co ;)

2) I disagree with that, Jokic had great 4th quarters against the Clippers and didn't he score like 12 straight in the 4th against the Lakers just the previous game? Jokic wasn’t the problem. Lakers increased lead from 1 to 7 with him on the bench early in the 4th.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7677 on: September 25, 2020, 08:29:12 pm »
Some of the officiating last night was embarrassing. Lakers probably had at least 8 free throws that they should not have had, while the nuggets did not get at least 4 clear free throws. So thats about +10 for the Lakers from officiating; its hard to win against that.
it really was, ratings of the NBA games have been down big time since NFL's return, they really don't want a Nuggets-Heat final.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7678 on: September 25, 2020, 08:32:12 pm »

Excellent hire for them. With the young core they have, and the 4th pick this year, they got the right man for the job.

Offline Doc Red

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7679 on: September 25, 2020, 08:36:18 pm »
1) what sacramento kings? :D for a second you made me think as if you're validating Lakers' WCF win against Sacramento and serbian+co being Divac and co ;)

2) I disagree with that, Jokic had great 4th quarters against the Clippers and didn't he score like 12 straight in the 4th against the Lakers just the previous game? Jokic wasn’t the problem. Lakers increased lead from 1 to 7 with him on the bench early in the 4th.

He scored those points in Game 3, which they lost.
Last two games he's been scoreless in the 4th. ;D