Author Topic: The FA Cup.  (Read 19526 times)

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
Re: The FA Cup.
« Reply #560 on: May 15, 2021, 07:45:01 pm »
Beautiful, that.

Real shot in the arm for football today

Something to cling to after an absolute shitshow of a season. A shame there wasn't more fans there for Leicester.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Red Raw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #561 on: May 15, 2021, 07:47:01 pm »
"What does it mean to you Brendan?"

"Well, it's my 7th final and I've win them all"

:lmao

Offline MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #562 on: May 15, 2021, 07:47:07 pm »
Very happy for them.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #563 on: May 15, 2021, 07:49:02 pm »
Some proper weirdos in our fanbase who hate Rodgers and literally can't give him any credit for anything.

Move on with your lives ffs.

I was 19 when we had that season. Out on the ale every weekend, laughing me head off us winning 6-3 it seemed every weekend. One of the best seasons of my life. Was in a boozer with Everton fans when we demolished them 4-0, was bliss. Emptied OT, Gerrard with a hattrick of pens and Suarez scoring to top it off. We finished second, but I will always look back to that season with a smile on my face.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: May 15, 2021, 07:50:29 pm »
Bobby had one ruled out where it was the pass before the assist.
That was for the slightly different handball rule of being deemed intentional in the build up, which I'm guessing this one wasnt given for as it came off his thigh. It's all dumb

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #565 on: May 15, 2021, 07:50:32 pm »
It was the late great Jock Stein who coined the phrase “football without fans is nothing”.

How right he was, and how this evening reinforced what we all knew.

Sorry that is wrong I checked on Redcafe and it was Busby who said it first. Apparently a lot of his quotes were plagiarised. A few examples.

"One small step for man, one giant leap for Mankind - Sir Matt Busby"

"Ich bin ein Berliner – Sir Matt Busby"

"I have a dream - Sir Matt Busby"
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #566 on: May 15, 2021, 07:51:41 pm »
Cheers, hadn't realized it was changed again  :o
That change is for next season.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #567 on: May 15, 2021, 07:51:56 pm »
That felt like football again.

Fair play Leicester.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #568 on: May 15, 2021, 07:52:11 pm »
I was 19 when we had that season. Out on the ale every weekend, laughing me head off us winning 6-3 it seemed every weekend. One of the best seasons of my life. Was in a boozer with Everton fans when we demolished them 4-0, was bliss. Emptied OT, Gerrard with a hattrick of pens and Suarez scoring to top it off. We finished second, but I will always look back to that season with a smile on my face.
Yep, although we didn't win my lad and my two girls will never, ever forget that year. Brendan and his players were central to so much joy for us.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: May 15, 2021, 07:54:03 pm »
Fa cup needed that. First time in a long time since I enjoyed the cup final. Great stuff
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline wampa1

• Should probably leg it while he can......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: May 15, 2021, 07:56:39 pm »
Fa cup needed that.
The season needed that.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #571 on: May 15, 2021, 07:57:05 pm »
Hopefully its us this time next year mate  ;D 8)

Not arf John...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
« Reply #572 on: May 15, 2021, 07:57:37 pm »
Some proper weirdos in our fanbase who hate Rodgers and literally can't give him any credit for anything.

Move on with your lives ffs.

Mad isn't it...I love the fella. Met him a few times outside Melwood, he was lovely and polite to everyone including my young daughters. He had just been on a sweaty jog around Melwood but still gave his time to everyone.

Great coach as well, he made history today, made up for him. He took us closer to winning the Title since we last last won it when he was here too, I really don't get the dislike for him in any shape or form.
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #573 on: May 15, 2021, 08:00:01 pm »
Pleased for Leicester - glad they won. Also really pleased for Brendan.....he deserves that ! But, was it just me, didn't see much social distancing or mask wearing amongst the supporters.....and plenty of hugging etc when Leicester scored !? Don't they enforce stuff like that at these events ? Hope it's not like that for us against Palace.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: May 15, 2021, 08:01:15 pm »
In all seriousness, that actually was great to see. Has a club had a bigger "natural" growth than Leicester? From years outside the top flight to being the best of the rest in the Premier League is pretty remarkable. Even putting their title win to one side, what they've done is massively impressive.

Someone amusingly pointed out that Everton have spent £600m trying to do what Leicester have managed fairly effortlessly.

Offline wozzer

• Main Stander
« Reply #575 on: May 15, 2021, 08:03:35 pm »
So what happens to the cl places if chelsea come 5th but win the CL?

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: May 15, 2021, 08:04:26 pm »
The BBC finished the show with an Engelbert Humperdinck song, only Chopper will know who he is.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #577 on: May 15, 2021, 08:04:37 pm »
So what happens to the cl places if chelsea come 5th but win the CL?

Honestly we should put up a sticky.

5 teams get in the CL. Use Google.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #578 on: May 15, 2021, 08:05:03 pm »
Rodgers made us dream that season.

The Arsenal destruction at home, beating United twice, the City home game, Suarez singlehandedly destroying Norwich,  5 goals away at Spurs, Everton thrashing that created the greatest Gif on Rawk of that bitter Boooing.

Well done Brendan.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: May 15, 2021, 08:05:18 pm »
Yep, although we didn't win my lad and my two girls will never, ever forget that year. Brendan and his players were central to so much joy for us.

Yep. Apart from the last few weeks 13/14 season was a truly tremendous time to be a LFC fan. Raucous away days and Suarez scoring headers from outside the box and suchlike.

BR was one unlucky incident away from almost certainly cementing his name in Liverpool folklore.  Just as Jurgen has done.

Made up for the man.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #580 on: May 15, 2021, 08:07:09 pm »
As a side note, it's gonna be horrible willing a Chelsea CL win isn't it?

Offline wozzer

• Main Stander
« Reply #581 on: May 15, 2021, 08:09:25 pm »

Wow , was only asking on a friendly thread

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #582 on: May 15, 2021, 08:09:48 pm »
As a side note, it's gonna be horrible willing a Chelsea CL win isn't it?

Just sickening.

I imagine it’s what they felt wanting us to beat Tottenham.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #583 on: May 15, 2021, 08:10:18 pm »
Wow , was only asking on a friendly thread

Don’t let the bastards get you down mate

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: May 15, 2021, 08:10:21 pm »
Have BT lost the FA Cup rights?
What was that about?

Offline Dougle

• and the bleu cat!
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: May 15, 2021, 08:11:11 pm »
Pleased for Leicester - glad they won. Also really pleased for Brendan.....he deserves that ! But, was it just me, didn't see much social distancing or mask wearing amongst the supporters.....and plenty of hugging etc when Leicester scored !? Don't they enforce stuff like that at these events ? Hope it's not like that for us against Palace.

Well done Brendan in particular.
I loved the owner and the team-squad - supporters coming together. It mean't something to all of them (must have been very moving for the owner). I also loved the normalness of it all and I hope it is seen at Anfield next Sunday (?). There is something very weird about fans and the like with masks (for me, just saying).

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: May 15, 2021, 08:11:14 pm »
Just sickening.

Hahahah I never thought of that  ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #587 on: May 15, 2021, 08:11:28 pm »
Have BT lost the FA Cup rights?
What was that about?

Yeah, fully back on terrestrial Tele from next season. BBC and Itv.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #588 on: May 15, 2021, 08:12:16 pm »
The BBC finished the show with an Engelbert Humperdinck song, only Chopper will know who he is.

Sadly I know him too well. One of my sisters had a crush on him and played his songs incessantly.  >:(
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: May 15, 2021, 08:13:32 pm »
Just sickening.

I remember supporting them against the blue shite in the FA Cup final and the Mancs in the CL final,  or even against City in the semi the other week.

I don't really consider them a rival, other than the years Mourinho was there.

But for Chelsea, City would be a nap for the quadruple this season.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: May 15, 2021, 08:17:23 pm »
At least we've been spared the full sweep of shite:

PL: City
League Cup: City
Champions League: City
Europa League: United
FA Cup: Chelsea

Now let's get top 4 and pretend the season didn't happen.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #591 on: May 15, 2021, 08:21:07 pm »

Thought the same. Behind the goals looked just like a normal pre-Covid season.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: May 15, 2021, 08:22:38 pm »
I wont lie, what I loved most about today was the Chelsea fans and players huge celebrations at the last minute equaliser,  only to all be taken away . Was beautiful that

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #593 on: May 15, 2021, 08:22:58 pm »
Sorry that is wrong I checked on Redcafe and it was Busby who said it first. Apparently a lot of his quotes were plagiarised. A few examples.

;D

"If Everton were playing at the bottom of my garden, I'd shut the curtains." - Sir Matt Busby
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #594 on: May 15, 2021, 08:24:38 pm »
Well done Brendan in particular.
I loved the owner and the team-squad - supporters coming together. It mean't something to all of them (must have been very moving for the owner). I also loved the normalness of it all and I hope it is seen at Anfield next Sunday (?). There is something very weird about fans and the like with masks (for me, just saying).
I understand what you're saying, and I can understand the emotion of the fans and team with Leicester winning for the first time etc - just think that we're still in a pandemic and the Indian variant is taking off in Liverpool (Formby) now and I'll be at Anfield next Sunday.... and will be wearing a mask and would hope others do too for everyone's safety. There'll be plenty of time for hugging and real celebration hopefully next season when everyone's vaccinated. But, well done to Leicester again !

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #595 on: May 15, 2021, 08:25:30 pm »
Isn't he the lead singer of Bon Jovi?
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #596 on: May 15, 2021, 08:27:41 pm »
Isn't he the lead singer of Bon Jovi?

Nah, that was Tom Jones..
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #597 on: May 15, 2021, 08:29:59 pm »
uesd to start friday night with "who'll win the cup " and quizzball cup final special

then on the sat it was cup final breakfast from the teams hotels

jumpers for goalposts etc

great days - remember being glued to the the tv all day in 1965

Going back to the 60s/early 70s I seem to recall that the FA had a gala dinner the night before the Final and they announced the Player of the Year?

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: May 15, 2021, 08:30:19 pm »

I was working in the attic
When it came down automatic

- Alex Ferguson
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: May 15, 2021, 08:31:59 pm »

You forgot...
"I'm Spartacus" - Sir Matt Busby
I am a man of few words.....any questions?