Author Topic: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)  (Read 440289 times)

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Re: Apple iOS Apps Thread (iPad / iPhone / iPod)
« Reply #4120 on: March 6, 2014, 11:08:57 pm »
I'm still on Total Conquest. I made the mistake of not joining a legion until ten days ago, because I didn't know what the benefits were, thinking it was just a group friend thing. Since then, three wars, three victories, 34,000,000 in bonus resources for those victories. I could be so much further ahead :(

Fuck that game, don't even mention it around me!!  :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no

Offline woz92

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4121 on: March 6, 2014, 11:32:20 pm »
Are there any apps similar to Cartoon HD on the App Store at the minute?
YNWA 96

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #4122 on: March 6, 2014, 11:53:50 pm »
Fuck that game, don't even mention it around me!!  :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no :no
Do tell.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4123 on: March 7, 2014, 12:13:30 am »
Do tell.

Mentioned it a few pages back.

Had played on the game for ages and was pretty far into it, then went on it one evening, closed it down to go online for 5 minutes, went back on and my town had gone to be replaced with some shitty crappy one.

Spoke to their support line (good luck through the broken english) and didn't give a shit, went on their support forums and found a load of others who had the same thing happen - again no one giving a shit.

Deleted it and fucked them off.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4124 on: March 7, 2014, 02:47:42 am »
The fucking idiots.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4125 on: March 7, 2014, 06:30:52 pm »
My iPad is now jail broke. Where's the best place to get apps from? Are in app purchases free or not?
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #4126 on: March 7, 2014, 08:45:36 pm »
I'm still on Total Conquest. I made the mistake of not joining a legion until ten days ago, because I didn't know what the benefits were, thinking it was just a group friend thing. Since then, three wars, three victories, 34,000,000 in bonus resources for those victories. I could be so much further ahead :(
What level are you?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4127 on: March 10, 2014, 03:29:36 pm »
56 I think.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4128 on: March 10, 2014, 03:58:57 pm »
56 I think.
Pauper :)

I must join a legion then.....

I only get asked by dodgy sounding Russians though!!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4129 on: March 10, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »
My iPad is now jail broke. Where's the best place to get apps from? Are in app purchases free or not?
In app arent.

I use AppCake or Zeusmos to download my apps. Im still on version 6.0.1 or something though!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4130 on: March 10, 2014, 04:18:06 pm »
Pauper :)

I must join a legion then.....

I only get asked by dodgy sounding Russians though!!
What's your name on there, I'll get you an invite to mine.(I just left it.) It's dodgy germans mostly :P

I wouldn't mind looking at your village, either. I never feel like mine is any good. I only defend about once every 7-8 attacks. Although my winning ratio when attacking is better, so mayeb mine isn't that bad.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 04:39:29 pm by Infernal King Brian Blessed »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4131 on: March 10, 2014, 05:15:41 pm »
What's your name on there, I'll get you an invite to mine.(I just left it.) It's dodgy germans mostly :P

I wouldn't mind looking at your village, either. I never feel like mine is any good. I only defend about once every 7-8 attacks. Although my winning ratio when attacking is better, so mayeb mine isn't that bad.
I am currently 7340th.... You can find me in the league table! 

I'm cunningly described as tepid water!

I'm not sure my village is the optimum arrangement though...
I've just gone with two rows of fuck off walls!
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4132 on: March 10, 2014, 05:19:28 pm »
Put your town hall, gold storage and long range weapons in an inner wall. Make sure weapons cover all areas.

Put your other stuff around the outside of this right up against each other so becomes another line of defence. Again make sure close range weapons cover all areas. Use things like gates, etc that you're not using as extra things inside this section.

Put an out wall around all of this, the larger the better so their archers can't fire into the centre section.

Make your walls as strong as possible and your long range weapons as upgraded as possible.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4133 on: March 10, 2014, 05:44:46 pm »
In app arent.

I use AppCake or Zeusmos to download my apps. Im still on version 6.0.1 or something though!

Cheers. The guy who done it has installed AppAddict. But every app I have tried to download has said file damaged, no matter what the source of the app.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline XabiGerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4134 on: March 11, 2014, 10:22:56 am »
The new IOS update (7.1) definitely seems to have quickened my phone up, feels a lot more responsive

Offline aaronaldo

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #4135 on: March 12, 2014, 09:33:08 pm »
got the 5s today and loving it so far, especially after owning a s3 for about 2 years. whats the best way to get music on the iphone? preferably without paying..

Herby

« Reply #4136 on: March 15, 2014, 07:38:52 am »
I'm thinking of buying the Apple iPad 4 (32GB)

I have never owned an iPad before - does anyone have any advice about if I should buy this one or another?
Or just general iPad advice?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #4137 on: March 15, 2014, 08:31:55 am »
Can't go wrong with an ipad.
32 gig is plenty of storage for me and my ipad is stuffed with loads of music.

Buy it. You'll love it.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline hope_valley_parker

• Nosey
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Found a better place to park....
« Reply #4138 on: March 15, 2014, 06:08:55 pm »
Crazy Taxi is free on the App Store at the moment. Great fun.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4139 on: March 23, 2014, 07:13:01 pm »
iPad 2 still do the job for a tablet at home?

Wife wants an iPad.

Not fussed re the mini or air.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline GeeFJay

• aka 'Gazvinder Singh - Serial stalker.' Subject of a staffroom restraining order.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • insults.net
« Reply #4140 on: March 24, 2014, 02:57:38 pm »
mines still going strong Nick, finally updated to the latest OS as apps wouldn't work, only thing i find is a picture in the Facebook app on when viewing online doesn't always want to show, think that's more just me though.
http://www.quidco.com/user/745087/

www.misternobody.co.uk

http://www.spiritofshankly.com/join.html

banner stolen on pre-season tour 2009 'liverpool fc europes finest five star establishment'

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4141 on: March 24, 2014, 07:03:08 pm »
We had an iPad 2 and now have a mini and an air (through work). The retina screen really asks a difference IMO.

Herby

« Reply #4142 on: March 29, 2014, 11:08:11 am »
Quick question:

I will be ordering an iPad Air 32 GB soon - but I want the Microsoft package on it (Word, Excel, PowerPoint etc)

How do I put them on an iPad?

I would prefer to buy the ipad with it already on - is that possible?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4143 on: March 29, 2014, 12:18:56 pm »
You can down load the iPad versions of word PowerPoint etc when you buy the iPad.....

They're pretty good and you can save as and edit office docs

Office hasn't been released for iPad yet but is £80 a year for the iPhone.....it would need to be stunning to justify that!

Essentially you have to buy an office 365 licence for it....stupid cost
W

Herby

« Reply #4144 on: March 29, 2014, 01:20:58 pm »
Thanks.
So i just download from the Microsoft website?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4145 on: March 29, 2014, 02:57:08 pm »
Thanks.
So i just download from the Microsoft website?
Download the app free in App Store and then I think you click on a link in the app.

Seriously, try the free apple ones first, they are genuinely pretty good.
W

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4146 on: March 29, 2014, 10:27:38 pm »
Office is free on the iPhone now. Not sure about the iPad.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4147 on: March 30, 2014, 12:29:41 pm »
It's free to download, but an office 365 pass is an in app purchase of £80
W

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #4148 on: March 30, 2014, 04:54:57 pm »
It's free to download, but an office 365 pass is an in app purchase of £80

I read they have waived it:

http://www.theverge.com/2014/3/27/5555330/microsoft-makes-office-mobile-completely-free

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4150 on: March 30, 2014, 08:58:38 pm »
Just a warning for everyone - I had my Apple ID hacked this morning. Thankfully I was online at the time and as soon as they got in and changed the email address on the account I got an email telling me of the change. Rang up Apple immediately (an actual person answered in seconds) and they were really helpful and got me back in control of the account within 15 minutes.

I've now made the password a lot more secure, as had a simple password as I put it in so often (App Store, etc), and got two factor authentification being set up - would advise people make sure theirs is nice and secure!

Thankfully this time I got to it before they could spend anything with the card linked to my account, I'll be unlinking that and only using iTunes vouchers from now on I think.

Herby

« Reply #4151 on: April 6, 2014, 01:35:16 am »
My iPad gets delivered today.

Can anyone rcommend (links) the best players for football streams please?

Would really apprecitae this - I'm a thicko when it comes to computers etc.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4152 on: April 6, 2014, 09:00:34 am »
My iPad gets delivered today.

Can anyone rcommend (links) the best players for football streams please?

Would really apprecitae this - I'm a thicko when it comes to computers etc.
You need to download a browser that can handle flash (most streaming sites still seem to use it rather HTML 5).
I use puffin browser,  but there are plenty of others.

It's not quite as easy as on a laptop, but you can still happily watch the game
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4153 on: April 6, 2014, 10:11:36 am »
Download an app called LiveMediaPlayer if its still available. Perfect streams everytime.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #4154 on: April 9, 2014, 10:49:58 am »
Finally Jailbroken my iPad Mini ( iOS 6.1.3)

Can anyone recommend any good tweaks? So far I have Nitrous for faster JavaScript speeds in all apps, and SBSettings for various toggles/process managing.
:D

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #4155 on: April 16, 2014, 06:08:07 pm »
Download an app called LiveMediaPlayer if its still available. Perfect streams everytime.

Just downloaded it, how do I get Sky Sports/BT Sports on?

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4156 on: April 16, 2014, 06:11:45 pm »
App called Hot Movies. Free HD movies, get there before it gets taken off the app store :wave

Seems to have gone.  Any similar apps?

Offline Liamski-la

• Beehive Hairdo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird upon my chest
« Reply #4157 on: April 16, 2014, 06:22:40 pm »
Just downloaded it, how do I get Sky Sports/BT Sports on?

I use the search function. Top right hand corner.
Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but sometimes I abuse the privilege

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4158 on: April 16, 2014, 06:34:10 pm »
The icon in the top right, click on that and a search bar appears. Search for BT or whatever channel (beIN is another good one) and it'll come up with some options. You may have to try a couple before of channels before you get one fully working but I've managed to get great streams on it.

Offline gray19lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4159 on: April 18, 2014, 04:19:46 pm »
Any apps to watch TV shows for free on the iPad like Breaking Bad etc?