Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603577 times)

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4960 on: June 4, 2018, 12:46:24 pm »
If Steph Curry retired after this season he could be top 5 all time for 3 pointers made in a career. He's 7th currently and not far off 5th place (Jamal Crawford). That's in, by my count, 8 full seasons (if you merge his two injured seasons together which works out roughly in terms of making one full season). Of the guys ahead of him the shortest number of seasons played is 18, by Reggie Miller.

Un-f*cking-real.
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4961 on: June 4, 2018, 01:35:00 pm »
If Steph Curry retired after this season he could be top 5 all time for 3 pointers made in a career. He's 7th currently and not far off 5th place (Jamal Crawford). That's in, by my count, 8 full seasons (if you merge his two injured seasons together which works out roughly in terms of making one full season). Of the guys ahead of him the shortest number of seasons played is 18, by Reggie Miller.

Un-f*cking-real.
Warriors fan here and big time Curry fan, he is probably one of the best ever shooter in the history of the game (Klay is up there too) But to be fair, the game evolved and changed a lot, just 10 years ago no team was even shooting half or one third of the 3 pointers every single team is shooting nowadays. At this speed there will be a time very soon that teams shoot more 3 pointers than 2 point shots. Maybe Rockets are already doing that ;D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4962 on: June 4, 2018, 01:36:23 pm »
Refs tried hard to make this a close game but Warriors are just too much for the Cavs. They contend Klay, Steph goes off. They stop him, Durant shoots lights out, pick your poison, we have many weapons. Lebron can't do it all on his own.

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4963 on: June 4, 2018, 01:51:40 pm »
Warriors fan here and big time Curry fan, he is probably one of the best ever shooter in the history of the game (Klay is up there too) But to be fair, the game evolved and changed a lot, just 10 years ago no team was even shooting half or one third of the 3 pointers every single team is shooting nowadays. At this speed there will be a time very soon that teams shoot more 3 pointers than 2 point shots. Maybe Rockets are already doing that ;D

You're right the game has changed and there's even an argument if Curry was trying some of these shots in previous eras a lot of coaches would pull him from the game, but at the end of the day no one from any era comes even close to him in terms of shot making. Like if Bird or Magic or Jordan or any of these greats started bombing from three and they went in at a Curry-rate everyone would be cool with it; but they didn't basically because they couldn't. There's no argument over it: best shooter to ever play the game.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4964 on: June 4, 2018, 01:58:29 pm »
Steph Curry is very good at basketball 🏀
#analysis

There's no argument over it: best shooter to ever play the game.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4965 on: June 4, 2018, 03:00:39 pm »
Well, talking of skin-deep analysis how about something a bit more in depth. These NBEinstein vis are great - and here is an analysis on the shooting from "the next Steph Curry" in Trae Young:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkqSe5gONo4

Edit: forgotten how to put youtube vids up here but the link is there.

« Last Edit: June 4, 2018, 03:02:11 pm by Dread Breath »

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4966 on: June 7, 2018, 04:31:32 am »
43 on 23 shots...KD isnt human

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4967 on: June 7, 2018, 04:32:13 am »
Durant was something else today.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4968 on: June 7, 2018, 10:51:23 am »
KD with super clutch performance, dagger after dagger.  He just went above Steph in FMVP race too.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4969 on: June 7, 2018, 10:51:58 am »
What a pointless series this is. Don't bother dragging it out GS, just finish them next game.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4970 on: June 7, 2018, 11:34:25 am »
What a pointless series this is. Don't bother dragging it out GS, just finish them next game.
everyone knew Warriors-Rockets were the real finals.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4971 on: June 7, 2018, 12:19:54 pm »
Hopefully the last  Warriors/Cav championship ever.

I wonder what the tv ratings have been this year,wouldn't be surprised to see it one of the worst of this decade.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4972 on: June 7, 2018, 12:33:56 pm »
Lebron isn’t even the best player in the series let alone ever.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4973 on: June 7, 2018, 01:02:28 pm »
KD was unreal last night.  Is that the best the Cavs can play and they still couldn’t win with both Klay and Steph having awful nights?

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4974 on: June 7, 2018, 01:21:19 pm »

sorry but switch lebron with any of the warriors players and the games would have been even more one sided.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4975 on: June 7, 2018, 01:23:23 pm »

C'mon man, he's up against 4 unreal players, 2 of which are top 40 all time all ready; they also had a former FMVP returning from injury. He had a trip-dub. Admittedly his D is pus but he's logged a LOT of minutes, not just this season, but in his career and he's carrying a humungous load on offense.

Don't forget when your boy Michael Jordan faced up against an all-time great team he was SWEPT by the Boston Celtics, and that Celitcs team isn't a patch on this Warriors team, all due respect to Bird et al. Namely Jordan NEVER beat a great team, unlike Lebron. 

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4976 on: June 7, 2018, 03:54:00 pm »

I'm as big of a LeBron hater as you will find, but I can't agree with this. He is comfortably the second best of all time in my opinion. There is a conversation to be had regarding LeBron v MJ, but I still believe MJ is the better player.

Don't forget when your boy Michael Jordan faced up against an all-time great team he was SWEPT by the Boston Celtics, and that Celitcs team isn't a patch on this Warriors team, all due respect to Bird et al. Namely Jordan NEVER beat a great team, unlike Lebron.

This seems like a bit of an exaggeration.

« Last Edit: June 7, 2018, 03:58:21 pm by Lynndenberries »
I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #4977 on: June 7, 2018, 05:20:29 pm »

Bad shout this. Lebron easily 2nd best ever
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4978 on: June 7, 2018, 05:41:10 pm »
Nah, he is the best season of this post season by far. They had no business to even getting past the Pacers if it wasn’t for Lebron’s insane games. Even yesterday he had a triple double and he wasn’t far off from KD. Even KD, Steph, Klay all said last few years that he is the best in the league.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4979 on: June 7, 2018, 05:41:49 pm »
Colangelo is gone.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4980 on: June 7, 2018, 06:44:03 pm »
No surprises there. What a seriously strange thing to do, defending his dress sense as well through anonymous tweets how insecure can you get.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4981 on: June 7, 2018, 06:51:03 pm »
C'mon man, he's up against 4 unreal players, 2 of which are top 40 all time all ready; they also had a former FMVP returning from injury. He had a trip-dub. Admittedly his D is pus but he's logged a LOT of minutes, not just this season, but in his career and he's carrying a humungous load on offense.

utah of the 90s weren’t great?

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4982 on: June 7, 2018, 07:08:28 pm »
That Stockton-Malone-Hornacek trio is as good as it gets. Oh and the one and only Greg Ostertag ;D

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4983 on: June 7, 2018, 07:10:30 pm »
That Stockton-Malone-Hornacek trio is as good as it gets. Oh and the one and only Greg Ostertag ;D
could possibly throw in the Lakers, albeit at the end of their run

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4984 on: June 7, 2018, 07:21:52 pm »
No surprises there. What a seriously strange thing to do, defending his dress sense as well through anonymous tweets how insecure can you get.

Look, it's a normal collar, find a new angle please  :P

He blamed his wife for the bad tweets, said he didn't tell her any of the confidential information, and is still going to resign.  So he lost his job and threw his wife under the bus.
Cool cool cool.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4985 on: June 8, 2018, 04:38:31 am »

What's this obsession with the sweeps against the Celtics when Jordan was only in his 2nd/3rd season (and keep in mind that he missed almost the entire 2nd season through injury)? James didn't even make the playoffs in his first two seasons, so it's a poor comparison. Furthermore, Jordan average 43.7 and 35.7ppg respectively in those two series, so surely he's eligible for the "great player, shit team" concession you're so quick to grant to James?

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4986 on: June 8, 2018, 04:39:48 am »

They couldn't be, because they never won the title! Ergo, by beating everyone, Jordan never beat a great team. :D

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4987 on: June 9, 2018, 02:42:34 am »
Steph and crew turning it on in the first quarter.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4988 on: June 9, 2018, 02:44:08 am »
first time i've watched warriors in the playoffs this year but it looks like they can just turn it on whenever they want. whereas lebron has to scrap for his life just to stay in the game.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4989 on: June 9, 2018, 04:37:53 am »
Just too easy.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4990 on: June 9, 2018, 04:44:57 am »
Too easy in the end really.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4991 on: June 9, 2018, 04:58:11 am »
The East needs to come better than this. Terrible conference, largely for about 20 years.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4992 on: June 9, 2018, 08:57:27 am »
The NBA final was rockets warriors. This is like the world club cup. Testimonial.
Jordan wouldnt have been swept 4-0. Curry and Durant are nearing legendary status though.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4993 on: June 9, 2018, 09:00:10 am »
Thank god they didn't fuck about. Absolutely terrible series concluded a very boring post-season.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: June 9, 2018, 09:14:13 am by Lush is the best medicine... »

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4995 on: June 9, 2018, 09:58:35 am »
Didn't even realise they were playing today. Needless to say, this was not a Finals series for the ages.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4996 on: June 9, 2018, 10:21:27 am »
Hopefully Lebron leaves and this is the end of the Cavs,small market team dominating the East for so long has been a joke for the Eastern conference.

So where do we think Lebron ends up?
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4997 on: June 9, 2018, 10:22:25 am »
Hopefully Lebron leaves and this is the end of the Cavs,small market team dominating the East for so long has been a joke for the Eastern conference.

So where do we think Lebron ends up?

Golden State. Just kidding... maybe ;D

I reckon he'll go to Philly or Lakers.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4998 on: June 9, 2018, 10:29:12 am »
Golden State. Just kidding... maybe ;D

I reckon he'll go to Philly or Lakers.
he has 2 $20m houses in Brentwood, Lakers have insane amount of cap space too

Offline GreatEx

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4999 on: June 9, 2018, 01:09:00 pm »

Why should a "small market" team not be allowed some success? And what does that expression even mean, when the Cavaliers have gained a big worldwide profile/supporter base thanks to their recent success?