Author Topic: Xherdan Shaqiri - Sponsored by The Cube  (Read 449430 times)

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Xherdan Shaqiri - Confirmed!
« Reply #640 on: July 30, 2018, 08:40:28 am »
Is this still true somewhere on the Premier League level? I find it hard to believe even about Stoke, as hard as the idea that Charlie Adam would actually follow a prescribed diet. If Sam Allardyce got the message 15 years ago, and Premier League has very few British Stone Age managers left, it would be interesting to know if some clubs are still resisting. Would be useful for evaluating their betting odds...

Stoke definitely had set meal plans and a team of nutritionists when Tony Pulis was in charge, so I'd imagine that is still the case unless Mark Hughes ripped everything up during his time.

The canteen setup at Stoke was actually very similar to that at Liverpool, if you've ever seen it in the "inside" clips.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #641 on: July 30, 2018, 08:41:32 am »
Just because he had a glorious debut for us does not mean every game will be like that, but I am seeing a thread here of us seeing him him being up a level now he is one of us, and watching the replay, he had a subtly great game, apart from the assist & goal. Could it be that he was a fish out of water at Stoke, and now he is in the ideal environment? And think, we still have a first team with Naby, Alisson & Bobby in it to come. I have the slightest suspicion I will be enjoying our footy again this season.
He probably can't believe his eyes at the runs the likes of Sturridge are making, football IQ out of this world compared to the Stoke lads he was playing with
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #642 on: July 30, 2018, 09:14:48 am »
You can't compare Shaq's body with Gomez. Shaq is like this since he started his career, nobody at Bayern told him to lose his upper body muscles. And to be honest, his upper body isn't exactly ready for the beach. I don't think he gives a shit about that. But his leg muscles, that's a different story. Obviously he puts a lot of effort in the gym. That's why the fucker hits the football like it's a tennis ball.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #643 on: July 30, 2018, 09:38:35 am »
I don't think musculature is the most important aspect when talking about generating a powerful strike of the ball. To me it's more about technique, timing or even 'knack' as it used to be known.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #644 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:20 am »
quite liked his assist to Daniel's goal against the Mancs.  His midget height and with his hulk body strength, he can be quite good at protecting the ball and holding it
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #645 on: July 30, 2018, 02:01:28 pm »
Ha. It was called Oil of Ulay in the 1970s. We had a posh Aunty who used it so back then it was up market.

Still not sure why the name was changed, it may be that Ulay was offensive in some countries whereas Olay was innocuous.

Sort of like Michael Owen?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline acks

• Kopite
« Reply #646 on: July 30, 2018, 02:13:15 pm »
I though he played a lot like how i envisaged Fekir would play. He showed many qualities like the ability to receive the ball under pressure, turning on the ball and getting us on the front foot with a good pass, holding the ball up using his strength and also scoring goals. We might have struck gold again!

Offline Durlmints

• Kicks Ass. Categorically denies being the now infamous antihero 'Chris from Wavertree'. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn't. Who knows? Henry the Mild Mannered Janitor? COULD BEEEE!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Mané & Salah, your defence is terrified!
« Reply #647 on: July 30, 2018, 02:26:38 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/puIg1R85QPQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/puIg1R85QPQ</a>

Olay! Ulay!
Crows attacked a pensioner in Hamburg after she mimicked a crow's call.
You claim a Wagon Wheel is a biscuit and you have the audacity to stick a Kit Kat in goal? You sir are a du

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #648 on: July 30, 2018, 02:29:02 pm »
Did Shaq play with Mo at Basel?
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #649 on: July 30, 2018, 02:31:13 pm »
Did Shaq play with Mo at Basel?

left the summer Mo arrived. Mo was probably his replacement.

We did the same with Ajax, bought Babel then they got Suarez who was his replacement

We did same at Southampton too with Lallana and Mane

We take players wait till they get their replacement in and buy them aswell  ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2018, 02:33:27 pm by clinical »
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #650 on: July 30, 2018, 05:48:59 pm »
That was an awesome debut.... Of all our signings shaq will probably need less time to gel with our team as he is up to speed with the pace of this league. A fit and firing sturridge & Shaqiri...and suddenly our attacking options look pretty good.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #651 on: July 30, 2018, 10:13:31 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45011161

Shaqiri has arrived at Anfield from Adam's current club Stoke, and the Scot described the deal as "a great move" for both the Switzerland international and for Liverpool.

However, Adam - who spent the 2011-12 season with the Reds - has warned that the 26-year-old may get frustrated if he finds game time hard to come by under Klopp.

"He's got to try and replace Salah, the best player in the Premier League and has a chance for the Ballon d'Or," said the 32-year-old.

"It's only going to last six months and he won't be happy sitting on bench. He'll want to play in the bigger games.

"He might get frustrated at not playing as much as he wants - it's how long he waits and what Klopp does with him.

"He will fit in at Liverpool, he's a top player. He deserves to be there."

Adam and Shaqiri were part of the Potters side relegated from the Premier League last season, and the midfielder feels the Swiss could have done more to aid the team's fight against the drop.

"He's a big player, at times he did well for us," he added.

"But in critical situations, I felt tracking back and what we needed for the team in a relegation battle just wasn't there.

"He has got it in him, but he probably knew we were going to get relegated, he was going to the World Cup and had this big move - this move was probably done three, four months ago.

"He is a match-winner, but at times it was difficult to play in the same team. The manager would let him get away with certain things. We fell short, it's not just him, there are others."

Adam also said that former Stoke boss Paul Lambert suggested Shaqiri's team-mates were "water carriers" for the midfielder.

"He was the world-class player that we had in our team. Basically, we had to get him the ball to go and make something happen, which was difficult to take.

"We knew he was a match-winner, but we felt we should have had more respect from that point of view.

"When you have players that knew they were going to get a move whether they were relegated or not, it was inevitable what was going to happen.

"He felt Shaq was one who would keep us up - but we had others in teams who could win games."
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #652 on: July 30, 2018, 10:17:57 pm »
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45011161

Shaqiri has arrived at Anfield from Adam's current club Stoke, and the Scot described the deal as "a great move" for both the Switzerland international and for Liverpool.

However, Adam - who spent the 2011-12 season with the Reds - has warned that the 26-year-old may get frustrated if he finds game time hard to come by under Klopp.

"He's got to try and replace Salah, the best player in the Premier League and has a chance for the Ballon d'Or," said the 32-year-old.

"It's only going to last six months and he won't be happy sitting on bench. He'll want to play in the bigger games.

"He might get frustrated at not playing as much as he wants - it's how long he waits and what Klopp does with him.

"He will fit in at Liverpool, he's a top player. He deserves to be there."

Adam and Shaqiri were part of the Potters side relegated from the Premier League last season, and the midfielder feels the Swiss could have done more to aid the team's fight against the drop.

"He's a big player, at times he did well for us," he added.

"But in critical situations, I felt tracking back and what we needed for the team in a relegation battle just wasn't there.

"He has got it in him, but he probably knew we were going to get relegated, he was going to the World Cup and had this big move - this move was probably done three, four months ago.

"He is a match-winner, but at times it was difficult to play in the same team. The manager would let him get away with certain things. We fell short, it's not just him, there are others."

Adam also said that former Stoke boss Paul Lambert suggested Shaqiri's team-mates were "water carriers" for the midfielder.

"He was the world-class player that we had in our team. Basically, we had to get him the ball to go and make something happen, which was difficult to take.

"We knew he was a match-winner, but we felt we should have had more respect from that point of view.

"When you have players that knew they were going to get a move whether they were relegated or not, it was inevitable what was going to happen.

"He felt Shaq was one who would keep us up - but we had others in teams who could win games."

Ha, this is so detailed and time consuming. Why is he talking so much? Sad and bitter.

Adam truly is part of the old school - only in British football could someone spend an interview displaying a clear inferiority complex and somehow wear it as a badge of honour. This guy belongs in a team under Moyes

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #653 on: July 30, 2018, 10:20:01 pm »
Surprised Adam could get so many words out without sticking a pie in his face. The fat fuck.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #654 on: July 30, 2018, 10:21:08 pm »
Adam no one is arswd about your opinion, if only you spent as much time on your fitness and your body shape as you do talking, you might have been more than a pub player

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #655 on: July 30, 2018, 10:26:51 pm »
Why is Charlie Adam talking about Liverpool, and why is anyone employing him to do so.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #656 on: July 30, 2018, 10:27:00 pm »
Don’t see him saying much wrong there to be fair.

Basically saying that he felt a bit of resentment for the fact that it always seemed to be a case of ‘Get thr ball to Shaqiri’ and be a passenger.

Hardly says Shaqiri is shite, just says he can be a bit lazy when tracking back (something which many on here said before we signing him as well.)

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #657 on: July 30, 2018, 10:29:08 pm »

Basically saying that he felt a bit of resentment for the fact that it always seemed to be a case of ‘Get thr ball to Shaqiri’ and be a passenger.

Hardly says Shaqiri is shite, just says he can be a bit lazy when tracking back (something which many on here said before we signing him as well.)

He played for Stoke. I wouldnt be arsed to track back either if I have to carry them in the final third.

He wont have to carry us, hes got talent all around him

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #658 on: July 30, 2018, 10:29:26 pm »

When has Adam been anything but a passenger? Charlie Adam talking about people not tracking back must be the height of irony.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #659 on: July 30, 2018, 10:30:59 pm »
Salford Quays moving through the gears at the behest of their paymasters just up the road. Got to divert attention away from the fucking miserable twat still bleating about anything and everything over in the States
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #660 on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:56 pm »
Fordy is gonna kill all of you.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #661 on: July 30, 2018, 10:40:39 pm »

Sounds like he's just upset Shaqiri was the popular boy with the teachers. He even says himself that Lambert wanted him to create. It's not lazy to save your energy to attack, especially when the alternatives in the side are so bad at it. Oh and also bitter noone wants to sign him.

Not sure I agree though that he's said nothing wrong. It reads like he's drunk (or maybe on a sugar high!) because he constantly contradicts himself!

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #662 on: July 30, 2018, 10:55:29 pm »
Surprised Adam could get so many words out without sticking a pie in his face. The fat fuck.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #663 on: July 30, 2018, 10:58:22 pm »

Excuse me mate, is that a real photo? Hard to tell

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #664 on: July 30, 2018, 10:59:34 pm »
Excuse me mate, is that a real photo? Hard to tell
;D

I fear you mock me ; :)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #665 on: July 30, 2018, 11:00:27 pm »
Why is he giving a new interview now anyway? Trying to make up for the “chips” interview.

Offline classycarra

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #666 on: July 30, 2018, 11:02:48 pm »
;D

I fear you mock me ; :)

;D

It's just it's pretty believable

Offline yiorghie

• Main Stander
« Reply #667 on: July 30, 2018, 11:16:00 pm »
I know the plan was for him to come from the bench and be a quality sub for our front 3 , but would u fancy him as a starter behind the fabulous 3?

I dont know i kinda like the idea of him proving that he has what it takes to be a starter,something that was believed when he was at bayern,that he was a quality player but for some reason he was sold to stoke.

The question is will klopp see him as a starter in front of fabinho and keita u think? Or will he prefer to use him as a quality sub increasing our squad depth in a way??

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #668 on: July 30, 2018, 11:21:51 pm »
I know the plan was for him to come from the bench and be a quality sub for our front 3 , but would u fancy him as a starter behind the fabulous 3?

I dont know i kinda like the idea of him proving that he has what it takes to be a starter,something that was believed when he was at bayern,that he was a quality player but for some reason he was sold to stoke.

The question is will klopp see him as a starter in front of fabinho and keita u think? Or will he prefer to use him as a quality sub increasing our squad depth in a way??

We'll have a lot of games. All potential starters will start some games and sub in others.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline yiorghie

• Main Stander
« Reply #669 on: July 30, 2018, 11:24:40 pm »
We'll have a lot of games. All potential starters will start some games and sub in others.

I understand that but what iam asking is could he be the anti-fekir in a way?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #670 on: July 30, 2018, 11:36:25 pm »
I understand that but what iam asking is could he be the anti-fekir in a way?

He can be the Uncle Fekir if he keeps playing like he did the other day :D
Better looking than Samie.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #671 on: July 30, 2018, 11:41:44 pm »
Why is he giving a new interview now anyway? Trying to make up for the “chips” interview.

He was on 5 Live earlier as part of the Monday Night Club. Seemed like most of his issue was with Lambert to be honest. They also had a good segment slagging United off which was nice, maybe the people who decided what goes on the website for clicks are Mancs.

Offline yiorghie

• Main Stander
« Reply #672 on: July 30, 2018, 11:41:57 pm »
He can be the Uncle Fekir if he keeps playing like he did the other day :D

even though he is not canadian?  ;D

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #673 on: July 31, 2018, 12:07:00 am »
I just had a Mandela effect moment, thinking that I was sure that was called Oil of Ulay.  So much so I had to google it, and in fact it was/is called Oil of Ulay in some countries, so not a Madela effect moment at all  :P

Maybe the fact that the bottle on the left had 'Ulay' in brackets would have been a clue?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #674 on: July 31, 2018, 12:27:36 am »

Not a passenger, more like ballast, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #675 on: July 31, 2018, 01:50:24 am »
left the summer Mo arrived. Mo was probably his replacement.

We did the same with Ajax, bought Babel then they got Suarez who was his replacement

We did same at Southampton too with Lallana and Mane

We take players wait till they get their replacement in and buy them aswell  ;D

Thanks mate.  ;D
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #676 on: July 31, 2018, 03:00:09 pm »
;D

It's just it's pretty believable
Haha what are ye thoughts on Bugs Bunny mate? ;D

Offline Miltonred

• Does the "M" in Mod stand for morons?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Does the M in Milton stand for Moron?
« Reply #677 on: July 31, 2018, 08:44:20 pm »
Shaqiri is an easy target. Nothing Adam said surprised me, nor did I think it was particularly vitriolic.
Clearly it also points to the role that Lambert was asking him to do too. Stay forward, find space we will try and find you. Save your energy for attacking.

I expect Charlie probably got enough money to but some Greggs pasties with the fee for the article, its a win, win.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #678 on: July 31, 2018, 08:45:07 pm »
God help Charlie if he ever knew what his ex teammates thought of him

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #679 on: July 31, 2018, 08:50:20 pm »
Good goal scored by Shaqiri in training - https://www.instagram.com/p/Bl5z-KAHD3J/.