Author Topic: FSG (*)  (Read 828739 times)

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
Re: FSG (*)
« Reply #7080 on: March 25, 2017, 12:35:15 pm »
He won the only major trophy we have won since 2006. How can you possibly describe that as doing very bad.

We won 5, drew 3 and lost 11 in the second half of that season. 18 points from a possible 57. Worse than relegation form.

I don't think you could possibly describe that as anything but very bad.

To be fair though, I'm sure you'd be happy enough if we finished 8th, had relegation form for half the season and won the league cup, yes?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7081 on: March 25, 2017, 12:48:39 pm »
We won 5, drew 3 and lost 11 in the second half of that season. 18 points from a possible 57. Worse than relegation form.

I don't think you could possibly describe that as anything but very bad.

To be fair though, I'm sure you'd be happy enough if we finished 8th, had relegation form for half the season and won the league cup, yes?

A very similar scenario to last season. It's almost as if the owners don't provide their managers with a big enough squad and then fail to recruit in January when we have an injury crisis. Strangely reminiscent of the period around Xmas this season.

So if you are going to call Kenny very bad how did Klopp do in the League towards the end of last season or do around Xmas this season. Or do you pick and choose who you throw under the bus to protect FSG.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7082 on: March 25, 2017, 12:52:44 pm »
Who could we have got in January who was available and suitable for the team?

Offline newrosswaterford

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7083 on: March 25, 2017, 12:58:43 pm »
You do realise that the job of the club, not the posters here. An experienced sporting director has the feelers out all the time, understands whats available or not.

Of course the owners still have to santion the move.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7084 on: March 25, 2017, 01:01:30 pm »
A very similar scenario to last season.

Similar in the sense that we won 8, drew 6 and lost 5? Taking 30 points from a possible 57? Which is pretty much top 7/8 form, which is where we finished? Despite getting to two finals?

So if you are going to call Kenny very bad how did Klopp do in the League towards the end of last season or do around Xmas this season. Or do you pick and choose who you throw under the bus to protect FSG.

I refer you to the above information Al, or is that just FSG spin?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7085 on: March 25, 2017, 01:01:44 pm »

If you aren't going to recruit in January then make bloody sure you start the season with enough depth to cope with competing in every competition.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #7086 on: March 25, 2017, 01:04:23 pm »
You don't seriously believe this shit? Surely?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7087 on: March 25, 2017, 01:05:16 pm »
You don't seriously believe this shit? Surely?

.....what shit? He asked a question? I'm sure he believes that he asked a question....since he asked it himself.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7088 on: March 25, 2017, 01:07:46 pm »
You do realise that the job of the club, not the posters here. An experienced sporting director has the feelers out all the time, understands whats available or not.

Of course the owners still have to santion the move.

Of course I realise that, I'm asking him who he personally thinks we should have brought in.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7089 on: March 25, 2017, 01:08:27 pm »
Similar in the sense that we won 8, drew 6 and lost 5? Taking 30 points from a possible 57? Which is pretty much top 7/8 form, which is where we finished? Despite getting to two finals?

I refer you to the above information Al, or is that just FSG spin?

The similarity is throwing League games because you don't have enough depth despite having a truly astronomical wage bill. In Kenny's last season we ended up with no midfield during the run in. Then have a look at some of the benches we have had this season it simply isn't acceptable for a team with our income.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #7090 on: March 25, 2017, 01:09:01 pm »
I hope you're all outside in the garden posting this shit on your phones, it's well sunny outside.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7091 on: March 25, 2017, 01:15:59 pm »
.....what shit?

That there's not a single player in world football we could have signed in the summer or in the winter who would have given us a better chance of securing better results during that period.

Or indeed to have given us a stronger bench now, rather than having it filled with mediocre fringe players and kids as is the case every season when we pick up two or three injuries, or be starting instead of Coutinho.

It's nonsense. You know it, I know it, he knows it, as we've heard it every year since 2013.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7092 on: March 25, 2017, 01:16:18 pm »
The similarity is throwing League games because you don't have enough depth despite having a truly astronomical wage bill. In Kenny's last season we ended up with no midfield during the run in. Then have a look at some of the benches we have had this season it simply isn't acceptable for a team with our income.

Oh ok, so what you actually wanted to do was not answer the question initially about the dreadful form we showed during that season in the league, not acknowledge that the form we showed under Klopp last season wasn't actually remotely similarly bad to that under Kenny, but then change what you're arguing into the same thing you've been arguing every day for the last six months?

Cool.

I actually prefer coca cola.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7093 on: March 25, 2017, 01:16:52 pm »
That there's not a single player in world football we could have signed in the summer or in the winter who would have given us a better chance of securing better results during that period.

Or indeed to have given us a stronger bench now, rather than having it filled with mediocre fringe players and kids, or be starting instead of Coutinho.

It's nonsense. You know it, I know it, he knows it, as we've heard it every year since 2013.

Oh right cool, go on then

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7094 on: March 25, 2017, 01:18:56 pm »

Or indeed to have given us a stronger bench now, rather than having it filled with mediocre fringe players and kids as is the case every season when we pick up two or three injuries, or be starting instead of Coutinho.

Could you name some of these players we could have got?

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7095 on: March 25, 2017, 01:24:56 pm »
Oh ok, so what you actually wanted to do was not answer the question initially about the dreadful form we showed during that season in the league, not acknowledge that the form we showed under Klopp last season wasn't actually remotely similarly bad to that under Kenny, but then change what you're arguing into the same thing you've been arguing every day for the last six months?

Cool.

I actually prefer coca cola.

In both seasons we were in with a shout of top 4 but gave away games by concentrating on a cup competition. Both seasons we finished 8th . The difference was that in 11/12 we also had an injury crisis as well that saw us resting Gerrard despite having no midfield.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7096 on: March 25, 2017, 01:26:34 pm »
Could you name some of these players we could have got?

There are hundreds of players in European football alone who are good enough to play a role for us. Julian Brandt is supposedly our top target for that position. Leverkusen have had no chance of top four football for months and only really had a last 16 tie against Atletico left to play for. We might have had to overpay by £5-10m to get him then rather than six months later, but if that extra £5-10m helped us win against Swansea or Hull, or got us into another League Cup final, and boosted our squad depth for the last ten games of the season in our hunt for the top four, would it not have been worth it?

Even someone like Demarai Gray. Not a player I want us to sign, but again, reportedly he's "on the list". He's not been a regular since joining Leicester. I really don't think he'd have been impossible or even particularly difficult to sign and he'd have offered us pace when we were badly missing it during that period and a decent option from the bench now.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7097 on: March 25, 2017, 01:32:08 pm »
There are hundreds of players in European football alone who are good enough to play a role for us. Julian Brandt is supposedly our top target for that position. Leverkusen have had no chance of top four football for months and only really had a last 16 tie against Atletico left to play for. We might have had to overpay by £5-10m to get him then rather than six months later, but if that extra £5-10m helped us win against Swansea or Hull, or got us into another League Cup final, and boosted our squad depth for the last ten games of the season in our hunt for the top four, would it not have been worth it?

Even someone like Demarai Gray. Not a player I want us to sign, but again, reportedly he's "on the list". He's not been a regular since joining Leicester. I really don't think he'd have been impossible or even particularly difficult to sign and he'd have offered us pace when we were badly missing it during that period and a decent option from the bench now.

Isn't it remarkable how we managed to sign players in January when FSG were spending the Torres money or how we managed to sign players in January after the JWH open letter regarding the Dempsey debacle.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7098 on: March 25, 2017, 01:42:22 pm »
In both seasons we were in with a shout of top 4 but gave away games by concentrating on a cup competition. Both seasons we finished 8th . The difference was that in 11/12 we also had an injury crisis as well that saw us resting Gerrard despite having no midfield.

The difference is, one season saw our form pretty much remain consistent with the rest of that season and in the other it fell off a cliff to relegation levels. At the same time, one of those managers was consistently upbeat around the future and the other looked like he has at the absolute end of his tether with the job. The King was going through hell with other stuff that season, clearly. Whether that affected the teams form is debatable, quite possibly it did. But to compare the two seasons again is completely disingenuous and is a little bit disrespectful to our current manager, who you seem quite keen to question over various things and don't seem to think is completely truthful (which is a bit sad, and thankfully not a view shared by many other fans).

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7099 on: March 25, 2017, 02:04:08 pm »
The difference is, one season saw our form pretty much remain consistent with the rest of that season and in the other it fell off a cliff to relegation levels. At the same time, one of those managers was consistently upbeat around the future and the other looked like he has at the absolute end of his tether with the job. The King was going through hell with other stuff that season, clearly. Whether that affected the teams form is debatable, quite possibly it did. But to compare the two seasons again is completely disingenuous and is a little bit disrespectful to our current manager, who you seem quite keen to question over various things and don't seem to think is completely truthful (which is a bit sad, and thankfully not a view shared by many other fans).

Again you are completely ignoring the horrendous run of injuries that meant we only fielded anything like our best available team in the cup games where our form was excellent. Given we were beating the top teams in the cups then clearly the problem was our inability to play the cup team in the League.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7100 on: March 25, 2017, 03:00:38 pm »
Again you are completely ignoring the horrendous run of injuries that meant we only fielded anything like our best available team in the cup games where our form was excellent. Given we were beating the top teams in the cups then clearly the problem was our inability to play the cup team in the League.

Well no, the statement was pretty factual. The end of that league season was utterly terrible, it wasn't comparable to the end of last season in the league. Exactly the same amount of games, more for us last season with the Europa. And last season we maintained the same sort of form from the first half of the season.

But again we've had this before, when we've shown you quotes from the manager where he's talked about signing players in January, and you've called him a liar and being dishonest. So again its difficult to really have a 'debate' about not signing players to maintain a push in the league as well as the cup games, because the only evidence we have is the managers quotes and you don't believe them. So we again go back to it just being your slanted opinion.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #7101 on: March 25, 2017, 03:07:33 pm »

But again we've had this before, when we've shown you quotes from the manager where he's talked about signing players in January, and you've called him a liar and being dishonest. So again its difficult to really have a 'debate' about not signing players to maintain a push in the league as well as the cup games, because the only evidence we have is the managers quotes and you don't believe them. So we again go back to it just being your slanted opinion.

Yeah, I was one of the people posting them. It got incredibly frustrating trying to get a straight answer on "is Klopp a liar or not?"

I think Al wants to put his opinion over above all else - dialogue, debate, other people being able to put up with a thread on a forum.

But nothing is new! I searched Google for FSG in the past week and nothing has happened!!

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7102 on: March 25, 2017, 03:31:34 pm »
Well no, the statement was pretty factual. The end of that league season was utterly terrible, it wasn't comparable to the end of last season in the league. Exactly the same amount of games, more for us last season with the Europa. And last season we maintained the same sort of form from the first half of the season.

Again the end of the League season was poor but are you seriously going to continue ignoring the extenuating circumstances we had one semi fit front line central midfield player in Gerrard who at that stage was basically playing with his groin hanging off. The original statement was that Kenny was very bad that season. Which is bollocks he won us a trophy came within a Cech wonder save of going into extra time in the FA Cup final.

Kenny wasn't very bad but the squad was. Even with that poor end to that League season Kenny's win percentage in his second spell was still within one percent of Klopps.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 06:38:55 pm by Al 555 »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7103 on: March 25, 2017, 04:47:34 pm »
He won the only major trophy we have won since 2006. How can you possibly describe that as doing very bad.

Haven't you heard? Top four, wage bills and balance sheets are where the glory and bragging rights are at these days. Who needs trophies, or giving credit to club legends? That shit is old school.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7104 on: March 25, 2017, 04:53:18 pm »
Haven't you heard? Top four, wage bills and balance sheets are where the glory and bragging rights are at these days. Who needs trophies, or giving credit to club legends? That shit is old school.

If that is all you think Klopp is interested in, then I give up. What is the point of any of this?  ::)
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7105 on: March 25, 2017, 05:06:59 pm »

Honestly, there's a part of me that would like to see us have that sort of season with relegation form for half a season in the league and a league cup to show for it just to see the reaction of pessimistic, negative 'fans' like yourself and Al. Because its a guarantee that you'd be screaming bloody murder.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7106 on: March 25, 2017, 05:18:07 pm »
Honestly, there's a part of me that would like to see us have that sort of season with relegation form for half a season in the league and a league cup to show for it just to see the reaction of pessimistic, negative 'fans' like yourself and Al. Because its a guarantee that you'd be screaming bloody murder.

What is negative about wanting to win? I believe in the manager, I believed in Kenny. I don't believe they are provided with the best chance to do their best. That's not pessimism, it's realism. Oh and I would never call for the head of a manager on a whim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7107 on: March 25, 2017, 05:18:45 pm »
If that is all you think Klopp is interested in, then I give up. What is the point of any of this?  ::)

Where did I mention Klopp?

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7108 on: March 25, 2017, 05:32:03 pm »
What is negative about wanting to win? I believe in the manager, I believed in Kenny. I don't believe they are provided with the best chance to do their best. That's not pessimism, it's realism. Oh and I would never call for the head of a manager on a whim.

Nothing will ever be enough for you, that's the point. Its so easy to harp back to a time we won the least important trophy out of the five main ones available, when the league form was absolutely atrocious, and say 'oh we only want to win trophies' but at the time we were just a ridiculously large distance away from a number of sides and were sliding further. Until we have a sugar daddy chucking money at players so we can be mega successful again, you'll always find reasons to slate our current owners (whoever they are). That's not necessarily a bad thing, wanting to be able to say you support a successful team over everything else is an admirable quality indeed, but lets not hide behind other things.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #7109 on: March 25, 2017, 06:00:40 pm »
Where did I mention Klopp?

I would say your post above is an insinuation of the present situation at the club, therefore it includes the manager too.  For some its enough to claim because Klopp doesn't moan about the "situation" that means he agrees with what FSG are doing. This is why this thread goes around and around all the time. You're either with "us" or you're on the side of FSG, whatever that is.

When the present manager came here, he didn't just come here to finish in the top four, the man is a winner. The argument you use above is something a number of fans use today, as proof of what they see is a lack of ambition by various clubs. I don't think its as simple as that, because whether you like it or not, fighting constantly against the likes of Chelsea, City and United is never going to be an easy challenge. If it was everyone would be doing it. If you don't have owners like theirs, you have to find different ways of competing. It's the basic lack of people accepting that simple point that can get annoying to others.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion naturally nothing wrong there. But I hate the muddying of waters that happen with a lot of these posts. I've said before Al can argue in a good way, and sometimes I can agree with him. But then he goes off on one like he has on the last few posts, and suddenly his arguments don't seem so concrete anymore.

Last point. We all know there has always been a section of our fanbase which has a habit of turning on managers. I have no love of those who turned on Kenny or drove Rafa out, and doubtless they will be the same ones, who drive the present guy out too, if he doesn't do what they want. But how does this particular thread contribute positively? You have people saying things like because he doesn't speak out he is somehow letting down the club, or at least implying that. The fact is none of us truly know the facts, the only ones who do are the ones in the middle of it. Everything else is just an opinion, that's all. All I am asking is please don't insinuate things if you haven't got the means of proving it beyond doubt. Anything else is blatantly unfair to the person concerned.   
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7110 on: March 25, 2017, 06:07:34 pm »
Last point. We all know there has always been a section of our fanbase which has a habit of turning on managers. I have no love of those who turned on Kenny or drove Rafa out, and doubtless they will be the same ones, who drive the present guy out too, if he doesn't do what they want.

I think the danger is a lot of the very active anti-FSG posters here portion so much of the blame of every negative result towards the owners that it'll get to a point where others do end up criticising the manager and the players more than they normally would, purely for balance.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7111 on: March 25, 2017, 06:58:15 pm »
Nothing will ever be enough for you, that's the point. Its so easy to harp back to a time we won the least important trophy out of the five main ones available, when the league form was absolutely atrocious, and say 'oh we only want to win trophies' but at the time we were just a ridiculously large distance away from a number of sides and were sliding further. Until we have a sugar daddy chucking money at players so we can be mega successful again, you'll always find reasons to slate our current owners (whoever they are). That's not necessarily a bad thing, wanting to be able to say you support a successful team over everything else is an admirable quality indeed, but lets not hide behind other things.

The League form was very good though. So good that Ferguson was worried enough to first blacken Suarez's name by calling him a diver on TV and then hot foot it to the Referees room in the aftermath of the Evra incident. Even after he was banned and then we cruely lost Lucas who was in the form of his life we were still in with a good shout of top four. That form only dipped after we failed to strengthen in January and then lost Adam. With Gerrard semi fit because of a groin injury that resulted in career threatening surgery we ended up with a midfield two of Spearing and a teenage Shelvey.

In the games when we played one of the weakest centre mid pairings in history obviously our form suffered but we still knocked the top teams out of the Cups when we played Gerrard.

So to continue the narrative that Kenny was very bad that season is unforgivable mate.

I think the danger is a lot of the very active anti-FSG posters here portion so much of the blame of every negative result towards the owners that it'll get to a point where others do end up criticising the manager and the players more than they normally would, purely for balance.

Aagh I see now slagging of a legend of the order of the King is fine because you were only doing it to defend your beloved FSG.

Next you will be explaining that your penchant for slaughtering players you don't like is someone elses fault as well.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #7112 on: March 25, 2017, 07:35:13 pm »

We had the worst league season since the Premier League started, so yes, we were doing very bad. Yes we won the league cup, but fair enough, it's good to know what you deem good enough. If we only had done better in the penalty shootout v City last season, you'd been a happy camper.

But I know that the reason you dislike the owners so much is because they sacked Kenny.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 07:41:20 pm by Groundskeeper Willie »
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7113 on: March 25, 2017, 07:42:11 pm »
His last season.

Kenny's last season was the season when we won the League Cup mate. According to FSG he was getting sacked even if we won the Cup double because finishing 8th is unnaceptable .
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7114 on: March 25, 2017, 07:43:02 pm »
Except Klopp has a worse win percentage than Rodgers and hasn't won anything unlike Kenny but as you say what has happened and is currently happening doesn't matter . It is where things are going that matters. Just a shame League tables and draws for the cups are based on past results and not what you think may happen.

Basically just ignore the status quo cos next year might be our year.

If only we had won the league cup last season, we wouldn't have this pointless merrygoround.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7115 on: March 25, 2017, 07:44:08 pm »
Kenny's last season was the season when we won the League Cup mate. According to FSG he was getting sacked even if we won the Cup double because finishing 8th is unnaceptable .

Not unacceptable to you though, since we won the cup. And you talk about people have lowered their standards. Don't make me laugh.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #7116 on: March 25, 2017, 07:48:32 pm »
Not unacceptable to you though, since we won the cup.

It was acceptable from a managerial point of view for me because of the horrendous injury situation and two cup finals for a squad short on depth . Kenny had his hands tied FSG didn't though.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7117 on: March 25, 2017, 07:48:41 pm »

But winning the league cup and finishing 8th is perfectly acceptable it seems.
Love Ren & Stimpy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7118 on: March 25, 2017, 07:56:13 pm »
It was acceptable from a managerial point of view for me because of the horrendous injury situation and two cup finals for a squad short on depth . Kenny had his hands tied FSG didn't though.

Seems as soon someone dared to criticise the King you got your knickers in a bit of a twist. Is he beyond criticism? You use the term slagging of when no-one's done no such thing, only said that he didn't do very good his last season, which is a fair enough opinion if you aren't happy with 8th place and the LC. But that is blasphemy in your book it seems.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7119 on: March 25, 2017, 08:08:37 pm »
Seems as soon someone dared to criticise the King you got your knickers in a bit of a twist. Is he beyond criticism? You use the term slagging of when no-one's done no such thing, only said that he didn't do very good his last season, which is a fair enough opinion if you aren't happy with 8th place and the LC. But that is blasphemy in your book it seems.

In fairness to Al I think he deserves to be cut some slack. Of course no-one has slagged Kenny off, that's abundantly clear. But I don't think Al deserves criticism for trying to paint that narrative when he himself has repeatedly called into question the honesty and integrity of the current manager (possibly inadvertently) in pursuit of continuing an agenda against FSG. It's easy to get caught up in that sort of argument, maybe both sides just need to lay off the whole manager thing. What's done is done and we have the best man in charge now, and in time hopefully the whole fanbase will come to believe what he says.