Author Topic: PL: Everton 1 vs 4 Liverpool Hendo 9' Salah 19’ 64’ Gray 38’ Jota 79’ (booooo)  (Read 40685 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfόnfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Speaking of what a manager we have, has anyone else seen the GIF doing the rounds of Klopp about the celebrate Hendo's opener but realises it's right in Rafa's face so he stops himself mid fist pump and turns around?

No idea how to embed but you can click on it here:

https://preview.redd.it/ef8upsac21381.gif?width=520&format=mp4&s=eecc49eac12b374bfa37e073654a135f47c5320e

Love the little pirouette  ;D  But yes, top class from Kloppo!

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Love the little pirouette  ;D  But yes, top class from Kloppo!

Such a classy manager.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
He is one horrible twat. Was it just me or did anyone else see him push his head back into Matip's face after they'd challenged for the ball together in the air ? He wants punching good and hard.

Don't know how Bobby plays next to a wrong un like him for Brazil. He's just horrible.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Speaking of what a manager we have, has anyone else seen the GIF doing the rounds of Klopp about the celebrate Hendo's opener but realises it's right in Rafa's face so he stops himself mid fist pump and turns around?

No idea how to embed but you can click on it here:

https://preview.redd.it/ef8upsac21381.gif?width=520&format=mp4&s=eecc49eac12b374bfa37e073654a135f47c5320e
class is permanent.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
A good keeper, like Ali, knows his angles and knows where the ball can likely go, so doesn't fall for that. Pickford is shite, so does ;D

Pickford must be shite at pool as well.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
Pickford must be shite at pool as well.
but he is impossible to arm-wrestle !

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
personally i dont like it, cos it's either taking the piss out of rafa, or at the least comes across like we're taking the piss out of rafa and that's not for me, he's a legend even if he is the manager of that shower, comes across as classless to be honest, tho that would depend on intent

i heard the rafa chant and that was all well and good cos it's not taking the piss out of him, it's taking the piss out of them

i'm proud of our away fans so im not having a dig but i am surprised, not gonna lie, leaves a bad taste in the mouth
he might've thought of that before taking a job at another of our biggest rivals.

Any player, no matter what legendary status they had, who ended up playing for Chelsea and Everton would have lost a large part of their legacy. Owen, Torres, Sterling etc. I'm not saying that should happen with Rafa and I personally still love him for all he did for us but he's a grown man and knew what he was getting himself into. If the worst he gets is "Rafa's at the wheel" then he's done alright for himself in the context of footballing rivalries and what happens when you cross certain boundaries.
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 08:56:54 pm by alonsoisared »

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Such a classy manager.
class is permanent.

Yep, spot on.......love that little video - it speaks volumes !
« Last Edit: December 2, 2021, 06:23:34 pm by Thepooloflife »

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupι Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Yep, spot on.......love that little video - it speaks volumes !

Look at Pep taking his lead from Rafa and toning down his celebration as well. ;D

Offline Darkness

• Tedious WUM, loves betting on Man U
  • Main Stander
he might've thought if that before taking a job at another of our biggest rivals.

Any player, no matter what legendary status they had, who ended up playing for Chelsea and Everton would have lost a large part of their legacy. Owen, Torres, Sterling etc. I'm not saying that should happen with Rafa and I personally still love him for all he did for us but he's a grown man and knew what he was getting himself into. If the worst he gets is "Rafa's at the wheel" then he's done alright for himself in the context of footballing rivalries and what happens when you cross certain boundaries.
Honestly think he would be willing to take the Man utd job and some will still defend him on here  ::) He's done Chelsea and Everton so it's pretty much nailed on he could do an interim role there at some point.

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Look at Pep taking his lead from Rafa and toning down his celebration as well. ;D
A bit Fawlty Towers between them there...

"Oops, don't celebrate the goal Boss"

"I might have done a little fist pump but I think I got away with it"
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Yeah, he looks a bit sheepish, ha, ha   ;D

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bob Mortimer stan account
I will never grow tired of the Ev fume. They're not from this fucking planet. Love them. This guy is absolutely mad -- genuinely thinks Everton are "too nice a team"...

"If anyone at my funeral has a long face, I'll never speak to them again."
Stan Laurel

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I will never grow tired of the Ev fume. They're not from this fucking planet. Love them. This guy is absolutely mad -- genuinely thinks Everton are "too nice a team"...

I love how they insist we are a gang of cheats. We've practically made the fair play award our own, yet the narrative is our players are constantly diving.

That said, they seemed to get more yellows for diving last night than they did for fouls, or did I imagine that?  I only had the comms in here to go off, but whilst it seemed there was some nasty physical stuff, it didn't seem to be on the scale of recent years?  Wonder if they were afraid of extra scrutiny by officials?

Popcorn's Art

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
:lmao

I thank the universe every day that I'm not one of them weird airheads.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
We scored 44 all season in 10/11, and 47 in 11/12

We scored 59 in 2010/11 (44 was how many conceded).

47 is correct for goals scored in 11/12, the only season since the 1962 promotion when we’ve failed to win more than we lost - W14, L14, D10.

In 1970/71 we scored 42 league goals in a 42 game season, Alun Evans being top league scorer on 10.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
I have to confess I’m one of those fans who see Man Utd as our biggest rivals, but there is something especially sweet watching all the Evertonians lose their shit. I suppose it's the close proximity, being able to witness their bitterness and despair up close that makes it so sweet.

Offline The-Originals

• Main Stander
Allez Allez Allez.

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
I love how they insist we are a gang of cheats. We've practically made the fair play award our own, yet the narrative is our players are constantly diving.

That said, they seemed to get more yellows for diving last night than they did for fouls, or did I imagine that?  I only had the comms in here to go off, but whilst it seemed there was some nasty physical stuff, it didn't seem to be on the scale of recent years?  Wonder if they were afraid of extra scrutiny by officials?
They call us cheats and claim the game is rigged and we pay off every ref and that's how we're top of the fair play league. And they say this with a straight face. It's amazing.

They weren't at their normal "every player must break at least one opposition leg" type of dirty, but still basically a Sunday league team in terms of their tackling.
Stan Laurel

Offline iamnant

• ...call me Adam
  • Legacy Fan
:lmao

I thank the universe every day that I'm not one of them weird airheads.
They're a different fucking breed aren't they. How the fuck do we share a city with them?!
Stan Laurel

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
They're a different fucking breed aren't they. How the fuck do we share a city with them?!
I genuinely don't recognise them as Liverpool people. I don't recognise the mindset as that of Liverpool people either. The city has its issues like everywhere else has, but it's predominantly fair, warm, decent, welcoming and honest. There's also a positivity despite adversity. A pulling together and a certain level of loyalty to our fellow citizens. Thing is, I just don't see any of that in the bulk of the Everton support. It does genuinely feel like they are from some alternative, depressed, angry, bitter and toxic dimension I'm not familiar with.

Football, and life in general seems to have passed these by and left them floundering in a different realm of existence. These dimensions meet twice a season and the gulf between them can be seen by all. Neanderthal man and woman meets 21 century man/woman. Positivity meets rampant negativity. Fun meets anger. Hope and endeavor meets despair and laziness. Application meets entitlement. The sublimely skilled meet the cloggers from the last century. This, is now the Merseyside Derby. Two clubs in the same league, but different planets. The same city, but mindsets light years apart.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jόrgen.

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
he might've thought of that before taking a job at another of our biggest rivals.

well put, the chelsea appointment still wrankles with me, I mean..the chants they sing ffs
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
We scored 59 in 2010/11 (44 was how many conceded).

47 is correct for goals scored in 11/12, the only season since the 1962 promotion when we’ve failed to win more than we lost - W14, L14, D10.

In 1970/71 we scored 42 league goals in a 42 game season, Alun Evans being top league scorer on 10.

Grim that, we should beat that by Christmas this season
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
I genuinely don't recognise them as Liverpool people. I don't recognise the mindset as that of Liverpool people either. The city has its issues like everywhere else has, but it's predominantly fair, warm, decent, welcoming and honest. There's also a positivity despite adversity. A pulling together and a certain level of loyalty to our fellow citizens. Thing is, I just don't see any of that in the bulk of the Everton support. It does genuinely feel like they are from some alternative, depressed, angry, bitter and toxic dimension I'm not familiar with.

Football, and life in general seems to have passed these by and left them floundering in a different realm of existence. These dimensions meet twice a season and the gulf between them can be seen by all. Neanderthal man and woman meets 21 century man/woman. Positivity meets rampant negativity. Fun meets anger. Hope and endeavor meets despair and laziness. Application meets entitlement. The sublimely skilled meet the cloggers from the last century. This, is now the Merseyside Derby. Two clubs in the same league, but different planets. The same city, but mindsets light years apart.
The City and The City...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Big Ali may as well retire today if there are journos thinking Pickford has a chance of getting into our team. I'd take Kellerher over him evrey day of the week too.

I'd rather play a 55 year old Claudio Taffarel than Pickford...

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool

Bloodyhell. What a horrible fucking post that is SOS. Fucking horrible. Surprised at you mate. You’re better than that. Reeks of such nauseating smugness and self righteous pomposity. Are you actually from here? Not sure how many Blues you know but the majority I know are sound as a pound - relatives, mates and neighbours alike. Sure they’re envious as fuck about us and have been since the early ‘70’s bar the brief ‘80’s revival but fuck me, you just try imagining a role reversal and walking in their shoes these past 50 years and tell me you’d be any fucking different watching your footy neighbours waltz off with 6 European Cups and countless other silver spoils of untold glory whilst bar one 3 year sojourn you’re subjected at best to endless mediocrity. And as for the broad brush denigrating of blue noses as some sort of separate species, unrecognisable as Liverpool people!! What the fuck are you on about. Total and utter bollocks. Disgusting comment.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Inside Anfield------Everton....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUspcH8H5pg

9:48 VVD waving "bye bye"  to the bitter fans as they all celebrate the 4th is fucking hard-on inducing stuff. Just *chef's kiss*.

Offline NarutoReds

• Looking for an alcohol-fuelled sixsome with Crosby Nick, Ghost Town, WhereAngelsPlay, Charlie Adams fried egg and Al 666. Any takers?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Saw Everton - "I'd shut the curtains..."
Who though? Trent? Alisson? VVD? Sadio? Diogo? I'm sure you don't mean Mo.
Haha!! ;D Literally our players are the BEST in every of their position mate, in the world.

p/s: Except goalkeeper, goes to England's number one, Jordan Pickford.

It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for and to remind the opposition who they're playing against!

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
Inside Anfield------Everton....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUspcH8H5pg

After the 4th

TAA looks at the park end, sees them leaving and smirks. VVD does the same. :lmao
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
Surely Pickfords positioning is a fault of the coaching staff. Even he can't be so dense as to not follow those instructions. That said when top players are attacking the goal I guess they feint on ways to make one angle look best when in reality it's another.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.

I appreciate your view is nuanced so not having a go but the situation with Rafa is completely different to the three players that you have referenced. Owen basically ran down this contract with the club and left for a pittance, chose more money at Newcastle over a return to Anfield and then signed for a Manc manager that only wanted him because he knew it would piss LFC and our fans off. Torres put in a transfer request and signed for a club and fanbase that most LFC fans detest both practically and ideologically. Sterling did the same as Torres, only worse, in that he let his agent conduct the long goodbye in a particularly disrespectful manner.

LFC sacked Rafa. He was hounded out of the club by unscrupulous owners as well as a subset of fans and playing staff who behaved disloyally and dishonourably (this piece about fans and players is admittedly anecdotal from my point of view, but seems to be accepted as accurate. Regardless, I am putting it in italics in any case). Rafa didn't want to leave Anfield and there was not a moment in the last ten years when Rafa would not have walked naked over hot stones to get back to manage the club. Its completely different.

Fwiw, I dont think Rafa should ever have taken that job, for his own sake, but we don't get to judge him on where he goes because our club didn't want him. He has far far to much credit in the bank to be treated like that, its just wrong.

Finally, I'm not sure that the away fans, the other night, meant to be disrespectful to Rafa. It was more about the fact that they know there are many Everton fans who don't want him there. In other words you have a manager you never wanted, and while you would be prepared to hold your noses for him if you were relatively successful, that's not really working out is it?!
Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
Surely Pickfords positioning is a fault of the coaching staff. Even he can't be so dense as to not follow those instructions. That said when top players are attacking the goal I guess they feint on ways to make one angle look best when in reality it's another.

You can't coach stupid. Especially when stupid thinks it's smart.

They'd have been better off buying Migs off us.

Popcorn's Art

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
I appreciate your view is nuanced so not having a go but the situation with Rafa is completely different to the three players that you have referenced. Owen basically ran down this contract with the club and left for a pittance, chose more money at Newcastle over a return to Anfield and then signed for a Manc manager that only wanted him because he knew it would piss LFC and our fans off. Torres put in a transfer request and signed for a club and fanbase that most LFC fans detest both practically and ideologically. Sterling did the same as Torres, only worse, in that he let his agent conduct the long goodbye in a particularly disrespectful manner.

LFC sacked Rafa. He was hounded out of the club by unscrupulous owners as well as a subset of fans and playing staff who behaved disloyally and dishonourably (this piece about fans and players is admittedly anecdotal from my point of view, but seems to be accepted as accurate. Regardless, I am putting it in italics in any case). Rafa didn't want to leave Anfield and there was not a moment in the last ten years when Rafa would not have walked naked over hot stones to get back to manage the club. Its completely different.

Fwiw, I dont think Rafa should ever have taken that job, for his own sake, but we don't get to judge him on where he goes because our club didn't want him. He has far far to much credit in the bank to be treated like that, its just wrong.

Finally, I'm not sure that the away fans, the other night, meant to be disrespectful to Rafa. It was more about the fact that they know there are many Everton fans who don't want him there. In other words you have a manager you never wanted, and while you would be prepared to hold your noses for him if you were relatively successful, that's not really working out is it?!
I understand what Rafa did for the club and he will always have a place in the hearts of Liverpool fans. However, are you saying that whilst he is manager of Everton we can’t sing songs that take the piss out of the club? I’m sure Rafa doesn’t give a shit that Liverpool fans sung ‘Rafa’s at the wheel’ as he will know it was a lighthearted piss take which is part of what you do at the match.
If you’re wanting Liverpool fans to not sing anything that could in any way be construed as taking the piss out of Rafa then the derby games are going to be worse for it.

People are reading way too much into a piss take of Everton song.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
I understand what Rafa did for the club and he will always have a place in the hearts of Liverpool fans. However, are you saying that whilst he is manager of Everton we can’t sing songs that take the piss out of the club? I’m sure Rafa doesn’t give a shit that Liverpool fans sung ‘Rafa’s at the wheel’ as he will know it was a lighthearted piss take which is part of what you do at the match.
If you’re wanting Liverpool fans to not sing anything that could in any way be construed as taking the piss out of Rafa then the derby games are going to be worse for it.

People are reading way too much into a piss take of Everton song.

It feels like some people want us to put some sort of protective blanket over Rafa like he is a child or something.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
It feels like some people want us to put some sort of protective blanket over Rafa like he is a child or something.

Yes, but the blanket is too small.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
I think becoming Liverpool manager was the best and worst thing that could have happened to Rafa.

When he was leaving Valencia, he could have practically gone anywhere. He came here and obviously fell in love with the club, and the same us with him. Its also practically alienated him to every other club in England, mainly due to the xenophobic media in this country. He's now inextricably linked with us, safe in the knowledge he'll never be considered to manage us again. So he's stuck in this perpetual cycle of either taking jobs far away from his family, or taking jobs in England where thick fanbases still can't separate what happened 15 years ago from the man now.

Its tragic in a way, in 2004 he was hot shit. Since then Mourinho has won 6 league titles and a CL as well as numerous other trophies whereas Rafa has one CL, a Europa and a couple of domestic cups. If Rafa had been a bit less scrupulous at the 'start' of his career, he could have won a fuck load more.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
Bloodyhell. What a horrible fucking post that is SOS. Fucking horrible. Surprised at you mate. You’re better than that. Reeks of such nauseating smugness and self righteous pomposity. Are you actually from here? Not sure how many Blues you know but the majority I know are sound as a pound - relatives, mates and neighbours alike. Sure they’re envious as fuck about us and have been since the early ‘70’s bar the brief ‘80’s revival but fuck me, you just try imagining a role reversal and walking in their shoes these past 50 years and tell me you’d be any fucking different watching your footy neighbours waltz off with 6 European Cups and countless other silver spoils of untold glory whilst bar one 3 year sojourn you’re subjected at best to endless mediocrity. And as for the broad brush denigrating of blue noses as some sort of separate species, unrecognisable as Liverpool people!! What the fuck are you on about. Total and utter bollocks. Disgusting comment.

Glad someone posted this.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
I guess it's not like Silva or Koeman, for whom Everton was just another job. Rafa is emotionally invested in the city. Liverpool is his home.

I just hope he realises it's not him we're taking the piss out of.

Popcorn's Art