Author Topic: FAO: US Reds----tv info  (Read 823261 times)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FAO: US Reds----tv info
« Reply #6880 on: November 17, 2021, 11:40:42 am »
Didn't see the ESPN/CBS joint bid, that would be odd as they are both trying to build out competing streaming services.  CBS has especially picked up as much soccer as they possibly can for Paramount+ and I agree with Suareznumber7 that their CL and EL production is top notch and hope it's either them or stays with NBC.

Here's an article where I read that.

https://www.sportspromedia.com/news/premier-league-broadcast-rights-us-amazon-fox-nbc-cbs-espn-warnermedia/

According to the report, the front runners are NBC and a combined offer from CBS and ESPN. Amazon, Fox, and WarnerMedia have also reportedly told they can enter the second round of bids.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6881 on: November 17, 2021, 11:43:49 am »
I think the coverage you get in the US is far superior to what we get in the UK, presenters, most of the pundits and especially the commentary teams that go with NBC's coverage are fantastic (some notable exceptions being Danny Higginbotham)

It would be a shame to lose Rebecca Lowe in particular, Sky's coverage in comparison is absolutely woeful.

Not seen much of the CBS/Paramount offering so won't comment on that, ESPN+ in the main seems to be just the coverage rather than any studio based discussion so would imagine that would change if there is a change of provider

ESPN does have a studio show that is on before some of their La Liga games.  I would guess they'd do the same for PL games if they get the rights. 

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6882 on: November 18, 2021, 01:28:04 pm »
Hope it stays with NBC, they’ve done a fantastic job over the years with their coverage. CBS/Paramount have generally done a good job with the CL but Micah Richards and Carragher are unwatchable for me in the pre/post game stuff. Give me Rebecca Lowe and the Robbie’s any day over them.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6883 on: November 18, 2021, 08:59:14 pm »
Coverage extended for 6 years with NBC, let's go!!

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/11/18/premier-league-nbc-sports-partnership/

The Premier League and NBCUniversal, via the NBC Sports Group, have today announced a new six-year broadcast deal in the United States.

The agreement, which will see NBC Sports remain the Premier League’s official broadcast partner in the US until 2028, will cover all 380 matches every season. The deal also includes the exclusive rights for Spanish language coverage.

NBC Sports became the home of Premier League coverage in the US in 2013. Since then, the broadcaster has worked with the League, growing its profile and fanbase significantly.

NBC platforms – including NBC, USA Network, NBCSN, NBC Sports digital and Peacock – reach every home in the country with a television or the internet, and NBC Sports’ Premier League Mornings programming has become well-established viewing for American fans.

Richard Masters, Premier League Chief Executive, said: “We are delighted to announce our new US broadcast deal with NBC Sports, who have been brilliant partners for the Premier League over the last nine seasons. NBC Sports has significantly strengthened the popularity of the League in the United States in that time through its fantastic coverage and promotion.

“NBC Sports’ Premier League Mornings programming is now a real institution among supporters in America, with fans getting up early to come together and cheer on their favourite club, week in, week out. It’s an exciting time for football in the US and we look forward to continuing to work with NBC Sports to bring our competition to even more fans over the next six years.”

Pete Bevacqua, NBC Sports Chairman, said: “We are excited to come to this long-term extension with the Premier League. Our Premier League team, led by Jon Miller, has been incredibly dedicated to growing the Premier League in the United States over the last nine years. This new agreement is also a testament to the hard work of production, marketing and other areas of our company, as well as the tremendous partnership that has been established with the leadership and club owners of the Premier League.”
« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 09:01:22 pm by Lone Star Red »
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6884 on: November 18, 2021, 09:01:15 pm »
Coverage extended for 6 years with NBC, let's go!!

https://soccer.nbcsports.com/2021/11/18/premier-league-nbc-sports-partnership/

that's great news! except that it's going to be heavily streaming only right?

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6885 on: November 18, 2021, 09:06:00 pm »

With NBCSN going away I would assume so.  They'll still have the game of the week on NBC but most will be on Peacock.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6886 on: November 18, 2021, 09:31:58 pm »

Games will be shifted over to USA Network when it comes to TV, with Peacock getting the rest for streaming. NBCSN is done after 12/31/21.

https://clark.com/streaming-tv/nbc-sports-network-shut-down/

https://www.sportsbusinessjournal.com/en/SB-Blogs/Newsletter-Media/2021/11/01

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #6887 on: November 18, 2021, 09:54:29 pm »
Probably great news until we see how much Peacock tv streaming goes up per season...lol.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6888 on: November 18, 2021, 10:02:11 pm »
$2.6bn for 6 years.  Basically the US is paying 40% of the domestic UK deal which is crazy.  Where's the posters from the PBP thread that was adamant the TV market was going to collapse?  Would love to hear how this makes any sense...

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #6889 on: November 18, 2021, 11:09:03 pm »
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #6890 on: November 19, 2021, 01:45:06 am »
Sounds like they will not simulcast tv on peacock. Which is bad for the cord cutters

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6891 on: November 19, 2021, 02:31:11 am »

It really is nuts.  Miguel Delaney and Rory Smith on Twitter think it will push the Non-PL clubs back towards the ESL as they just can’t compete.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #6892 on: November 20, 2021, 03:33:51 pm »
Peacock has to be the worst streaming service i've ever had to the misfortune to use.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6893 on: November 21, 2021, 12:16:23 am »
Wednesday Nov. 24th
Liverpool v Porto
3:00 Pm Eastern
Paramount +

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6894 on: November 24, 2021, 10:23:53 pm »
Happy Thanksgiving first off.  :wave

Saturday Nov. 27th
Liverpool v Southampton
10:00 Am Eastern
USA Network

Offline AndyInVA

• Born in Liverpool, grew up in Yorkshire, live in the States
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never Forget
« Reply #6895 on: November 25, 2021, 07:17:15 am »
Have a great Thanksgiving brothers.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6896 on: November 27, 2021, 05:27:51 pm »
Wednesday Dec. 1st
Everton v Liverpool
3:15 Pm Eastern
NBCSN

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6897 on: November 27, 2021, 10:40:48 pm »
I was thankful for this thread this thanksgiving.  Invaluable in moments of panic
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline AmanShah21

• May be Frank Colombo. Never seen with Frank Colombo in the same room at the same time. You don’t have to be Sherlock Holmes, do you Miss Marple?
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm is a golden sky!
« Reply #6898 on: November 28, 2021, 05:32:22 am »
Peacock has to be the worst streaming service i've ever had to the misfortune to use.

Nah! Peacock is sound. Never had any issues during a stream. Paramount+ has atleast one hang up every game.
Only grief I have with NBC is that they dont provide all live games on peacock. That would make it perfect.

Offline mallin9

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6899 on: November 29, 2021, 02:12:22 am »

Seconded
You'll Never Walk Alone

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #6900 on: November 29, 2021, 04:10:04 am »
Peacock seems to lag live games way more than ESPN+ or Paramount but aside from that I've had no issues with it.  Just need to not be on Twitter or other social media during the game or it will get spoiled.  They should hopefully fix this if it's going to be the preferred way to distribute content for them.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6901 on: November 29, 2021, 12:32:42 pm »
Peacock seems to lag live games way more than ESPN+ or Paramount but aside from that I've had no issues with it.  Just need to not be on Twitter or other social media during the game or it will get spoiled.  They should hopefully fix this if it's going to be the preferred way to distribute content for them.

At least 1 full minute sometimes (yesterday's Chelsea-MancU game was a good example)

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6902 on: November 29, 2021, 01:20:19 pm »
My biggest gripe with Peacock is that games that are shown on NBCSN, USA, or NBC are not shown on Peacock until the next day.  There's really no reason why those games can't be streamed simultaneously and able to be replayed immediately. 

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6903 on: December 2, 2021, 12:38:28 am »
Saturday Dec. 4th
Wolves v Liverpool
USA Network

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6904 on: December 4, 2021, 05:24:22 pm »
Tuesday Dec. 7th
AC Milan v Liverpool
Paramount +

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6905 on: December 4, 2021, 11:36:55 pm »
Tuesday Dec. 7th
AC Milan v Liverpool
Paramount +

I always like when the group stages end - I can ice my subscription for 2 months.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6906 on: December 8, 2021, 12:15:11 am »
Saturday Dec. 11th
Liverpool v Aston Villa
USA Network
« Last Edit: December 8, 2021, 12:20:40 am by 4pool »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6907 on: December 11, 2021, 01:38:28 pm »
They just said the premier league is moving to USA network from the 1st onwards? I thought NBC won the bid?

Offline Suareznumber7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6908 on: December 11, 2021, 01:48:08 pm »
They just said the premier league is moving to USA network from the 1st onwards? I thought NBC won the bid?

NBC is shutting down the NBCSN channel and moving games to different channels that they own. USA is a part of the NBC network of channels. 

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6909 on: December 11, 2021, 01:49:16 pm »

They did.

NBC announced months ago that NBCSN would be discontinued as a channel. USA Network will become their primary "sports" channel as of Jan 1st.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6910 on: December 11, 2021, 01:50:59 pm »

NBC owns USA so it’s more or less the same thing.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6911 on: December 11, 2021, 01:52:33 pm »
Righto cheers for clearing that up, didn't realize NBC owns USA.

So many network names and who owns who and whatnot. Never much paid attention to it.

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6912 on: December 11, 2021, 05:22:02 pm »
Thursday Dec. 16th
Liverpool v Newcastle
Peacock tv

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6913 on: December 16, 2021, 08:01:12 pm »
Anyone else getting "Coverage to begin soon" When you click on the link in Peacock?

Offline nozza

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6914 on: December 16, 2021, 08:01:46 pm »
me, same thing...

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #6915 on: December 16, 2021, 08:02:17 pm »
Anyone else getting "Coverage to begin soon" When you click on the link in Peacock?

I'm getting the have to buy Premium shite.

So just Peacock isn't good enough?

Fuck NBC, wholly...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6916 on: December 16, 2021, 08:02:38 pm »
Same here but listening to LFCTV

Offline quasimodo

• Kopite
« Reply #6917 on: December 16, 2021, 08:02:39 pm »
Me too. Watching an online stream until those assholes get it fixed

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6918 on: December 16, 2021, 08:03:06 pm »
Jesus I fucking hate peacock, literally the worst fucking streaming service i've ever used.

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #6919 on: December 16, 2021, 08:03:15 pm »

I'm getting "Content Not Found."
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"