Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2787890 times)

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Man City - the Lisbon Lyons
« Reply #11760 on: November 23, 2020, 05:43:22 pm »
No way Kane goes for less than £150m unless Spurs really hit the shit financially, think he's contracted until at least 2024.

Grealish, if he continues how he has been, will only rise in price from the apparent £80m they wanted last summer. He's contracted until 2025.

Gonna be a cool 1/4 billion between them at least imo.

They might fail to meet the FFP criteria though....oh wait!  :-\
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11761 on: November 23, 2020, 05:50:36 pm »
The comments on Blueloon about us having the fear factor now is also a compliment, I'd also argue that their team is one of those that fear playing us, especially at Anfield. That right has been earned though over a long period of time, it isn't just given to a team after spending £1Bn. 
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11762 on: November 23, 2020, 05:54:10 pm »
The comments on Blueloon about us having the fear factor now is also a compliment, I'd also argue that their team is one of those that fear playing us, especially at Anfield. That right has been earned though over a long period of time, it isn't just given to a team after spending £1Bn.

Loads of the things are actually compliments - they are just too thick to realise it.

We have more space because we work hard to create it. We have individual goals because Klopp provides the foundation in the team to do so. We don't foul a lot because we simply don't need to given the pressure we put on teams, same goes for "good fortune" - it comes from putting the opposition under such pressure that they fuck up.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11763 on: November 23, 2020, 06:50:24 pm »
Good point, but you wouldn't expect the shortsighted idiots on Blue Loon to understand such things. When you have so-called trademark moves and goals, you basically become predictable. Once you become predictable, you become easier to work out and play against.

Liverpool can undo you in so many different ways, so remain unpredictable and more difficult to play against. I don't watch Abu Dhabi unless they are acting us, but I constantly heard on here about how they would get to the byline then cut it back and score. If they are really that predictable that hordes of people on forums see what they try to do time and again, I'm sure opposition managers can see it too and plan to counter that when playing them. Same goes with any of their other tactics if they are just as easy to read these days.

While the Blue Loon poster clearly pitched his comment as an insult, it was actually a compliment because it highlighted a quality rather than a flaw.

That's a lot of words to say 'Deluded twats'

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11764 on: November 23, 2020, 07:07:12 pm »
No way Kane goes for less than £150m unless Spurs really hit the shit financially, think he's contracted until at least 2024.

Grealish, if he continues how he has been, will only rise in price from the apparent £80m they wanted last summer. He's contracted until 2025.

Gonna be a cool 1/4 billion between them at least imo.

AV already putting it out there that they want £100m for Grealish.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11765 on: November 23, 2020, 07:23:09 pm »
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11766 on: November 23, 2020, 07:28:51 pm »
That's a lot of words to say 'Deluded twats'
It is, but you know what I'm like.

I always use six hundred words when just two would do. 😁
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11767 on: November 23, 2020, 07:38:28 pm »
Loads of the things are actually compliments - they are just too thick to realise it.

We have more space because we work hard to create it. We have individual goals because Klopp provides the foundation in the team to do so. We don't foul a lot because we simply don't need to given the pressure we put on teams, same goes for "good fortune" - it comes from putting the opposition under such pressure that they fuck up.
This is definitely the case but, as you say, they are too stupid to realise it.

I particularly love the line from them that we are on PEDs. We are so incredibly good that the only way they can explain it to themselves is to believe we are on PEDs.  This is in marked contrast to our stance when they were buying the league. Yes, we knew they were/are a Sportswash and we knew they only got to be where they were by cheating the sport, but we all acknowledged that their team itself was of the highest quality. We at least gave their players the credit their performances merited.

« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 07:41:40 pm by Son of Spion* »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11768 on: November 23, 2020, 07:40:28 pm »
It is, but you know what I'm like.

I always use six hundred words when just two would do. 😁

I have a similar problem with commas! (and irony apparently)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11769 on: November 23, 2020, 08:20:44 pm »
Miguel Delaney on his Twitter saying the Fraud wants Grealish and Kane next season.  ;D

What's that going to cost 200 million plus, Klopp and Edwards would unearth 8-9 under the radar gems for that price.

Chequebook Fraud.
Kane and Grealish for £250m, or Aouar and Haaland for £130m?, you'd be a fool to pass up the latter for the former.

Offline Tonyh8su

• Tonyign0r35u
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11770 on: November 23, 2020, 08:33:01 pm »
This is definitely the case but, as you say, they are too stupid to realise it.

I particularly love the line from them that we are on PEDs. We are so incredibly good that the only way they can explain it to themselves is to believe we are on PEDs.  This is in marked contrast to our stance when they were buying the league. Yes, we knew they were/are a Sportswash and we knew they only got to be where they were by cheating the sport, but we all acknowledged that their team itself was of the highest quality. We at least gave their players the credit their performances merited.

Made even funnier because of the fact that their manager is a convicted doping cheat.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11771 on: November 23, 2020, 08:41:11 pm »
I keep wondering why this stat prevails - they were 1-0 down at home to Southampton last season at half time and won 2-1, same weekend we (in my eyes) won the league mentality-wise away at Villa 2-1.

They've also been down at half time and strolled to victory away at West Ham in between that period. Not to stick up for them like  ;D Still, compared to ourselves it shows the gulf in mentality.

It's away games, not all games.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11772 on: November 23, 2020, 08:49:30 pm »
Miguel Delaney on his Twitter saying the Fraud wants Grealish and Kane next season.  ;D

That would be hilarious.

Offline Bread

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11773 on: November 23, 2020, 09:24:52 pm »
City fan denial...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1330949487444025346

Did the official City twitter page really tweet that nonsense during the game? Is their admin an actual child?

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11774 on: November 23, 2020, 10:02:18 pm »
Did the official City twitter page really tweet that nonsense during the game? Is their admin an actual child?
Those are actual tweets from them

https://twitter.com/ManCity/status/1330213895634554881?s=19

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11775 on: November 24, 2020, 03:21:21 am »
City fan denial...

https://twitter.com/i/web/status/1330949487444025346

Surely this reply has to have been a joke?

"There's no denial we know we are fucked with VAR around"

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
« Reply #11776 on: November 24, 2020, 09:05:36 am »

Thing is, this used to happen to us all the time! Remember losing 0-2 to Burnley when they had about 22% possession?

Didn't see our twitter admins pandering to conspiracy children though.

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #11777 on: November 24, 2020, 09:12:14 am »
Thing is, this used to happen to us all the time! Remember losing 0-2 to Burnley when they had about 22% possession?

Didn't see our twitter admins pandering to conspiracy children though.

The club is insane

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #11778 on: November 24, 2020, 09:35:04 am »
We had 30 odd passes before one of our goals yesterday. Not sure how that isn’t a “trademark team goal”.

Yes, but notice how often the referee blocked off a Leicester challenge during those passes. I counted seven times. And this doesn't even include that decoy run he did to fool the Leicester defence when Robertson sent in the cross.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #11779 on: November 24, 2020, 10:44:03 am »
Their take on bluemoon is something else.

My favourite is "they consitently get their best 11 on the pitch together"

I mean ffs  ;D

Team goal?
30 passes?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11780 on: November 24, 2020, 01:28:21 pm »

I remember reading it when Palace beat them 2-3 and I think they only had 3 or 4 shots. It was a big shock as City were beating everyone at the time but they never gave any credit to the opposition, just sheer bitterness. A few days later Leicester beat them and guess what, they were robbed again according to their twitter. I'm not sure why I was reading it, I was probably on holiday and had a lot of time on my hands, I read them back a couple of times for any signs of humility - none of it! I think the bloke who covers their matches in the MEN is the same too.

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #11781 on: November 24, 2020, 01:30:06 pm »
Their take on bluemoon is something else.

My favourite is "they consitently get their best 11 on the pitch together"

I mean ffs  ;D

:D

Despite having 6 first teamers out this past weekend. :D
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #11782 on: November 24, 2020, 01:31:02 pm »
Their official twitter account is in the image of their paranoid, childish fanbase.  Not a good look for the club, but then this is a club who pads it’s social media stats with bots, and employs ‘influencers’.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11783 on: November 24, 2020, 02:19:57 pm »
Their official twitter account is in the image of their paranoid, childish fanbase.  Not a good look for the club, but then this is a club who pads it’s social media stats with bots, and employs ‘influencers’.

How do those work then? What is the point of them?

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11784 on: November 24, 2020, 02:43:44 pm »

The bot accounts increase the number of followers and can be set to automatically like tweets or retweet to artificially increase visibility and circulation. It's a bit like the online version of their club buying thousands of unsold tickets to claim that they always sell out their ground.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11785 on: November 24, 2020, 06:42:21 pm »

That's pretty restrained for them to be honest. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11786 on: November 24, 2020, 07:22:07 pm »
Can also be used to attract commercial deals (not owner linked) if they see a club has a huge online presence.

But their following has been exposed to be a sham, an Edinburgh think tank reported a large chunk of their online presence is bots, Der Spiegel also reported the same as well, Twitter even shut their account down because of it a couple of months ago.

Everything with that detestable club is built on lies, cover ups and coated in a shiny plastic facade.

"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11787 on: November 24, 2020, 08:07:59 pm »
Can also be used to attract commercial deals (not owner linked) if they see a club has a huge online presence.

But their following has been exposed to be a sham, an Edinburgh think tank reported a large chunk of their online presence is bots, Der Spiegel also reported the same as well, Twitter even shut their account down because of it a couple of months ago.

Everything with that detestable club is built on lies, cover ups and coated in a shiny plastic facade.

Point of order: Neither 50% of Instagram followers nor 30% of Twitter followers is a "majority of social media accounts are fake".  But I guess "almost a majority" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. ;)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline semit5

• obsessed with faeces
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11788 on: November 24, 2020, 08:29:39 pm »
Did their Twitter really get shut down? Those are massive numbers of fake accounts if true

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #11789 on: November 25, 2020, 05:30:09 am »
We don't have any trademark goals :lmao

They must have erased Salah's goal from their minds because that same move put us 2-0 up the other night.
:D

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11790 on: November 25, 2020, 07:03:08 am »
Is Pep that great a manager in reality? He arrived at Cheatchester with the spine of a great team. Kompany, Silva, De Bruyne, Fernandinho and Aguero. Two of those are gone and two others are having an injury nightmare at the end of their playing days there. He hasn't despite all the money in the world replaced like with like. Kompany covered up his lack of knowledge in setting a defence up and he persists with Walker at right back.

Even Tuchal got PSG to a European Cup final with the same odious approach to the game from their owners. Has Pep even got to a semi final? Anyway overrated and i'm glad he's signed a new contract with them.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11791 on: November 25, 2020, 07:07:03 am »

They are desperate to be relevant and in reality they aren't. They have a lot of money yes but they aren't a big club. They are in the same basket as Everton, Villa and Newcastle.
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #11792 on: November 25, 2020, 07:19:17 am »
We don't have any trademark goals :lmao

They must have erased Salah's goal from their minds because that same move put us 2-0 up the other night.
:lmao

I mean what kind of critizism is that anyway. That guy watches us win 3:0 against the league leaders while having a world class performance with 6 starters missing and all he thinks is "they're shit because they dont have a trademark goal"

Offline Larse

• Kopite
« Reply #11793 on: November 25, 2020, 07:33:27 am »
Even Tuchal got PSG to a European Cup final with the same odious approach to the game from their owners. Has Pep even got to a semi final? Anyway overrated and i'm glad he's signed a new contract with them.

He hasnt and got easy draws most of the times. Went out against Monaco, us, Tottenham and Lyon. Even we were not the team back in 2018 that we are today. Our squad was quite young and inexperience back then and we smashed them.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #11794 on: November 25, 2020, 11:50:29 am »
Two questions:

1) What the fuck is a trademark goal?
2) Why would you want one?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11795 on: November 25, 2020, 11:55:35 am »
Two questions:

1) What the fuck is a trademark goal?
2) Why would you want one?

I can think of trademark goals for certain players rather than teams.

Paddy Berger is lashing one into the bottom corner, one bounce from about 25 yards out, Michael Owen is latching onto a Gerrard pass and side footing home...

For City it’s their little overload, bye line, cut back and tap in but yeah, not necessarily needed for a team, and the fact we score such a variety of goals is surely a strength.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11796 on: November 25, 2020, 12:04:47 pm »
Pep Guardiola remains confident that Man City can successfully fill their allocation of 4000 fans ahead of supporters returning to fixtures next month.

Offline jacobs chains

• Legacy Fan
  • The fight will not be attaining dreams.
« Reply #11797 on: November 25, 2020, 12:14:48 pm »
Pep Guardiola remains confident that Man City can successfully fill their allocation of 4000 fans ahead of supporters returning to fixtures next month.

Well 50% of them. The rest might just be cardboard cut outs.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11798 on: November 25, 2020, 03:34:51 pm »
We may not have any trademark goals but we do have 21 goals this season v their 10 in the league.

But they do have a game in hand to make up the 11 goal difference.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11799 on: November 25, 2020, 06:25:14 pm »
Is Pep that great a manager in reality? He arrived at Cheatchester with the spine of a great team.

People laugh at blue loon, but these playground jibes are just as embarrassing.